/ccg/ MtG Custom Card Thread

Wondering where it went edition

To make cards, download MSE for free from here
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post your shitty card!
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Art sources.
digital-art-gallery.com/
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

Other urls found in this thread:

mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Link
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Making some cards based on Touhou

Tell me how shit/unbalanced/underpowered/EDH bait they are, Veeky Forums

Shit, I forgot to specify the lands' base p/t. Probably 0/0s since they're getting a buff from her. Or I could make it synergize with Awaken and change the buff to their base stats... Hm.

That's really cool, gives flavor of merging the spirit and body back together.
Not to mention Teysa would love it.

Trying to be aggressively costed, since this one needs to build up. How'd I do?

Why yes, the card numbers are going up.
I'm making them on the fly here.

This one's a mix of Ob Nixilis and Blood Artist.
I'll probably boost her to a 4/4 and remove the deathtouch...

Posting some cards from my custom standard meta with my buddies. On a scale from 1 to busted, how are my two three cost walkers?

Walker 1

Walker 2

Aaand my laziest one. "Staple 2 white cards onto one creature."
Shelter (minus the card draw) and Evangelize.

I honestly think you kinda confine them by making them monocolor. Here's an example from a custom edh set my friend and I made based on 2hu.

The second ability leaves a bad taste in my mouth after Dack. Enchantments may be less common than artifacts, but making them easy to steal is still not a good thing.
Also the +1 should be a "up to one target" effect, otherwise unless you have enchantments out on turn 2, you'll be unable to charge her.

I like it. Mix of maintaining your land drops or making some creature drops.
The one thing I'd change is making the 1/1 token a different type than the 6/6. Maybe a Sand, or soldier? Golems are usually bigger than 1/1s, as well.

You should be using the Flagbearer wording for that.
>While choosing targets as part of casting a spell or activating an ability, your opponents must choose at least one Flagbearer on the battlefield if able.
They're also mono W, if you wanted to cut the black.

I was trying to do a mono-color cycle, and picked characters that could fit that. I'll pick other characters more fitting of multi-color when I make those.

That card is... a little unbalanced, too. And trying to do a bit much.
>Haste, split second, flying.
>It's guarenteed to land, and can attack right away, too. And evasion.
>Gets lots of counters, quickly, which fuel a VERY powerful search effect.
>Not only letting you grab any creature from your deck into play, it also can buff them, to boot.
It's a quick, uncounterable dodgey surprise attacker, an extremely powerful creature caller (to field, no less), and a Lord effect for flyers. All for 5 mana.

I love it. The effect is balanced by paying their mana cost, it's repeatable for each creature, and the name is great.
The only downside for red is that it won't trigger "when ~ attacks" abilities.

Reminds me of red Akroma. Just hitting sticks.

>Are 0/0 creatures in addition to etc.
I think this goes really wrong with layers because it has no triggers, some other more rules savvy user can help here.

Heh. This is a really cool card. Thought your set was done?

How dare you turn best girl into something reminiscing of Compulsion.

Could cost 1 less.

Love the evangelize, rest is meh.

Pretty cool.

I like the idea? ;_;

Aya, Traditional Reporter 1WRG
Legendary Creature - Bird Advisor
Flying, haste
Whenever ~ deals damage to a player, put that many scoop counters on @.
X, [T], remove X scoop counters from @: Search your library for a creature card with flying with cmc X and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

... Ended up making it ;-; Gonna have to doble post.
Keep designs simple user kun

>You should be using the Flagbearer wording for that.

That is the Flagbearer wording, only omitting the part about abilities.

However, I did just follow your colour palette... I kinda wanna put U instead of W there.
Red is good for the haste.
Green should be there.
And White is a good fit aswell. BUT MY BLUE CREATURES.

Huh. So it is.
I guess I was remembering the original wording, and forgot to look up the errata.

>Red Akroma
Kinda the point of it. The other idea was blaze counters, but Obsidian Fireheart already exists.
At least she has a repeatable Shock on her firebreathing?

>I think this goes really wrong with layers because it has no triggers, some other more rules savvy user can help here.
Pretty sure it's fine as long as I actually post "BASE p/t of 0/0". But I'm probably going t just make it be base 3/3 and have her just buff for hexproof.

>How dare you turn best girl into something reminiscing of Compulsion.
The idea was that she'd build up over time.
Maybe I could make the card draw add a lore counter instead of take one? Would need to increase the mana cost though, because that'd ramp up to scrying a lot really fast then.

>Love the evangelize, rest is meh.
I was thinking of "Evangelize and Mother of Runes" originally, since converting+being motherly, but then thought tapping was worse than paying a bit of mana.

That seems... Really wonky.
What would be the 'source' of abilities? The thing with the trigger, or the thing doing the triggering?
Activated abilities wouldn't have it as a source, anyways.

Is this expensive thing expensive enough?

Do you mean card? Because I think you mean card.
"Whenever a card is put into your graveyard, you may cast it. If a card cast this way would be put into a graveyard this turn, exile it instead."
The second half is borrowing from Diluvian Primordial.

You could also specify "instant or sorcery card" as well, if you don't want them getting creatures back repeatedly.

I don't know on cost, but you probably don't even need the X.

>Destroy all creatures, then put a 2/2 white Griffin creature token with flying onto the battlefield for each creature destroyed this way.

I just copied the formatting from Phyrexian Rebirth. You're right, I could probably shorten it.

No, spell.
It means after a spell you control is resolved or is countered and is being put into your graveyard, you can cast it again.

I'll take the Diluvian Primordial wording though, that's more straightforward.

I'm thinking about doing a custom set with the following mechanics:

>Double-Faced Cards
Except I'd feature double-faced cards that you can play to either side. Maybe I'd have to use some ability like...

Alter {cost} (You may cast this spell transformed for its alter cost.)

I would also have a cycle of creatures like...

Jark's Fury- 1RR
Sorcery
If you control a creature named Jark, destroy target land. Otherwise, exile this card and return it to play transformed.
//
Jark
Legendary Creature- Ogre
2/3

>Split Cards
Pulling out all the stops.

>Link
At least one cycle of link cards.
mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Link
I would probably remove the left/right thing for the sake of simplicity so that you could just link together any two cards with link.

Thoughts?

With that finished up, I'm a bit more confident about this draft of my white rares. Assuming the costs are acceptable, of course.

Interesting, flavorful, and fairly costed. Solid uncommon and card.
I've always found cards that care about the order of your graveyard somewhat obtuse, but you at least use it to good effect. It allows for some recursion, but seems to mostly make you draw from a smaller but just as random library substitute. Such a weird effect definitely belongs at mythic.

So... Steph. One of the last batfam members I need to do (Damian and Bruce are left; I know I've posted Bruce before, but I'm still unsure of his card), so hopefully those guys will all be done soon. Wanted something defensive that benefits you for having lots of creatures. Really unsure of this, just putting this out there to see if I can hopefully get some good feedback I can use to improve the card.

Why tutor only for creatures with Flying? Other than that, I like the card.

No idea if that last clause works, probably not. You could just shorten it to say something like
>Counter all abilities that aren't mana abilities.
Also, I think the cost is way too steep for what it does.

Uh... I guess it's an interesting way to get around opponents manipulating the top of your library? Just seems kinda odd. Not bad, just... strange.

Meh.

Interesting. However... this could be easily manipulated in a multiplayer game if you have one opponent with many creatures and another with only a few. Choose the opponent with many, swing with the tokens at the other.

Man, card collages get no love anymore it seems. I guess times change. I dunno. Anyway, as a fellow set spammer, I feel obligated to offer up my opinions.

>RW01
Liked it when I first saw it, like it now. Mechanic could fit in green as well, I think, sans flying of course. Which is flavorful since aren't GW a thing in this second set?

>RW02
I really, really wish this guy did something else with the frogs than anthem them. I know last time I suggested changing him you said you'd consider it for green, and I get it. But I wish the anthem, even though it synergizes with Incarnate, were on its own card, and this dude did something else. Maybe work in something with time counters to tie the two mechanics together since green ain't gonna do it?

>RW03
Probably fine, but keep in mind, you only usually get one of a rare in a Draft, so this isn't gonna show too well, since you will likely never get to tutor another one when the first gets Incarnated. Something to consider.

>RW04
Powerful set-themed board wipe, at least for a turn. Probably wins you the game when it hits, which it should at 5 mana. I don't like the high toughness though; that kind of value in addition to the mass exile seems a bit much. 2/3 maybe?

>RW05
Drawback in disguise some of the time. Rarely, perhaps, but the lack of a "may" on the tap ability might play poorly on occasion and that'd feel pretty bad to not get that +1/+1 you want because of it. Is that to help balance the card maybe?

>RW06
Much better than when I last saw it. Still not amazing, but it can't really be uncommon, so rare it is. I just think it feels fiddly for little gain. If it were much cheaper on the Retired side, it'd be more interesting to play. I advocated it last time but I suppose you'll see how it plays when you playtest. I might be way wrong.

>RW07
Still feels too cheap to me. I dunno, I feel like it should at least be WW.

>RW08
At that cost it's fine, I think. Game's over once you play it, 90+% of the time.

(cont)

>RW09
I dig it. Fairly strong enchantment Aura with a set mechanic attached to it. It could possibly be pushed to shift on combat damage as well, but you'd have to test that, cause it'd be pretty strong that way.

Really strong with Scry, because you can arrange to have more good cards within easy reach, for not very much mana.

I remember this little guy. I think he works in red, personally. Could be common though.

I feel like this is correctly worded, but could also be worded another way. Very good in multiplayer, as has been said. Even if it just generates one token per turn, it's still good, so the fact that it can possibly do more than one is VERY good. Would need playtesting at that cost.

Fair defensive creature. Not terribly wow-worthy, but it works. If that's enough for you, maybe move on from her and do some other stuff, then go back to her? I find that helps often times if you feel a bit stuck. She could easily be monowhite though, as a thought. She can also possibly bog the game down, especially in Vigilance.dec.

I get the feeling this won't get sacced very often, so I dunno if that's anything more than trinket text, but the card is pretty cool. It might be a touch to cheap to put on the board though.

This is kinda really cool. I don't really like Renown as a mechanic but this does it pretty good.

>I get the feeling this won't get sacced very often, so I dunno if that's anything more than trinket text, but the card is pretty cool.
It's a close relative of Porphyry Nodes and a more distant relative of Pestilence so I figured it was appropriate.
>It might be a touch too cheap to put on the board though.
I'll keep that idea in mind.

At the very least if you want to keep it CMC3, 1BB could help rein it in a little if need be, since it wants multicolor, and making it cost heavy monocolor to drop makes it a touch harder to use.

bump

also hey guys, been a while. How are you?

stuff from the set. Been on a big'ol hiatus but may be getting back into this stuff a big.

>Dementia Shaper
Black generally doesn't concern itself with equipment. This feels a very much like a W/B or B/R gold card. Cool card though.

Would love to see the cards on cards on cards monstrosity of a zombie carrying a sword duct taped to a sword duct taped to a sword duct taped to ten swords this guy would produce.

I have a meta question
How do you all find the good picture for your cards ? Do you spent a ton of times on multiple websites ?
Do you look for a pic for a precise card ? A bunch of them at once ? Do you search a pic then make a card with it ?

Rare.

Darksteel Sentinel

Yours is white, Sentinel is an artifact
An artifact with indestructible in a set devoted to indestructible artifacts.

White doesn't get it on permanents below rare.

I've been working on a cycle of creature from Best Creature Type, and I think its coming along well.
Thoughts?

1/5

Did this one back when I though Skulk was gonna be an evergreen keyword (like it should be)

Most mechanically simple of the set

3/5

It should be noted that there are gonna be 8 in total, but I've only made 5 of them.

4/5

And to round it all out, here's a legendary.

5/5

>god at uncommon

What.

Another issue is that Greed is already the name of a black enchantment.

I think you could just say
>destroy each creature with the least toughness among creatures on the battlefield.

Interesting. Though it should become an artifact creature, and you don't capitalize Renown in card text. I'd also consider adding reminder text, but that's just me. If it makes the card too cluttered, don't worry about it.

Weird. Yeah, I'm always going to see Equipment-making as White and Red, so I'm not a big fan of this.

>Steph
Yeah, you make a good point. It's just kinda frustrating because I only have these three left for the Batfam. And while I haven't worked on Steph much, I've made multiple iterations of Bruce and Damian and still don't have a finished card for either of them.

I like it, but I think making it legendary and mythic is overkill.

>Insight
Not really feeling it.

>Oilflesh
You do realize it takes 5R to turn face-up and 3UU to cast normally, right? Doesn't really justify the drawback if you ask me.

>Pride
Not a fan of win-more design.

>Pale River Guide
Didn't like Haunt much, don't like Guide.

>Fantasy Lands
I'm just going to repeat what I've been saying, you need to be careful with Dream because of how easy it makes it to cast things.

Seriously? You can't use PhotoJoiner? It's in the OP.

>You may shuffle Envy from your graveyard into your library.
When? There's no trigger here and it's not part of an activated ability.

A collection of similar cards is referred to as a "cycle" not a "set." Pic related, for example, is a cycle.

I'm thinking of making Wrath GR with doublestrike, Lust BR with haste, and Glutony BG with Trample. Don't know what else to do for them, but reccomendation are always welcome

Gonna rename it Avarice, then. This also gives me an opportunity to rework it, since skulk isn't a thing anymore.

>You can't use PhotoJoiner?
No, because my only computer is by dad's shitty hand-me-down mac

>when?
fuck. they're supposed to say "Shuffle X from your graveyard into your library: effect"
I can't believe I didn't notice that.

And I said cycle in the first post. I know its a cycle, it was just a slip of the tongue

Hey! Thanks for the feedback, as always.
>Which is flavorful since aren't GW a thing in this second set?
Mechanically, GW cares about tokens, while UW cares about etb/flash. This was designed to play well with both, as well as with the Griffin subtheme.
>RW02
The thing is, I have certain boxes I need to check off with cards for the set, to keep up with the themes/subthemes I've been building. The "time counters" card quota has been filled for white at rare. This was designed to check the "white Shaman" and "tokens matter" boxes; however, it was designed before Wild Castigation was in the set, so there is open design space now, as long as I keep the card a shaman. Do you have any suggestions?
>RW03
The rarity also prevents it from cropping up enough to make the "feel bad" of not having multiples a common issue, while 2 power for W with recursion is also good enough that it shouldn't feel like a bum rare, even with a singular copy.
>RW04
I can meet you in the middle at 2/4. It won't always have targets, you won't always have enough permanents with counters to make it relevant, and I want it to have a good enough body on its own to at least make it somewhat worthwhile to play all of the time. A small body with the same effect just feels too swingy; either it does absolutely nothing, or it wins you the game.
>RW05
Added a "may" clause, thank you.
>RW06
My issue with just making it cheaper is that it becomes a strictly-better bear, with nothing but rarity to differentiate it. I think lowering the power/cost ratio any lower than it is currently would just make the card feel worse, and raising it just defeats the purpose of the card. In some situations, he's just an expensive bear, but that adds an element of risk to playing him, and increases the number of decisions you need to make before doing so. Successfully transforming him or preventing an opponent from doing so should feel rewarding, and I think making the front side too efficient takes away from that.

(cont.)
>RW07
I think limiting it to strictly attacking creatures (notably not attacking and blocking creatures) justifies the cost. One-off exiling a graveyard with no additional benefit is generally a very cheap effect.
>WW
I'm out of room for double-white costs at rare. I'd have to shuffle some costs around to make that change, and I just don't feel that the card is too undercosted as-is.
>RW08
This does generally end games, but at that cost I feel it should. Plus, nuking the board and then swarming your opponent with a bunch of Griffins seems like a fun way to close things out.
>RW09
I think I like it where it is, but if it proves too boring or has too little effect, adding shift on damage would be a good way to give it a bit of a boost. I'll keep that in mind.
>Dementia Shaper
I like it. I'm assuming equipment is a set-wide theme, and this is a very black way to carry that theme into, well, black. Black does have an established relationship with artifacts and a tangential one with equipment, so I disagree with those saying that it's out of color. It's certainly not standard for black; it feels new but not necessarily out of place, which I would say is a positive as far as the design space/color relationship goes. Plus, I dig the flavor.

OK, so, here's what's going on with Batman. The first one here is my oldest design of these three, which I thought for a while was going to be the final card. But I eventually decided to change the ETB ability to something less complex. After that, I decided to ditch it altogether, since it just seemed kinda tacked on at that point. I also changed colors from WU to UB and exchanged Vigilance for Menace. This was due to some anons asking why he didn't have Menace, since fear is a big part of Batman's theme. I also decided to lower the mana cost by 1 since it no longer has an ETB ability. So, this is where I am now. Any advice as to what I should do with the card next?

Interesting. While it doesn't exile itself, I don't think it needs it, since it's really hard to abuse. I think it's fine right now.

I still don't get why this ETB tapped. Sorry if you explained it already.

While fear is a large part of Batman's theme, I would argue that law is at least an equally large part. He uses fear as a tool to fight crime and uphold the law, even if he does so while operating outside of it, and for personal reasons. I'd say that your final version is fine mechanically, but would feel much better as a B/W card. The exile ability is shared mechanically between blue and white, and the "tapped and attacking" clause even feels more white than blue, so you wouldn't have to change a thing besides the color. Even helps the first strike feel better, since it's used pretty sparingly on black cards.
There should be a tap cost in the ability and I'm an idiot who forgot to put it there. Thanks, user.

Totally agreeing with , the exact same card in WB feels much nicer

Graveyard order shouldn't matter.

>At the beginning of your upkeep, put the top three cards of your library into your graveyard.
>If you would draw a card, instead put a random card from your graveyard into your hand.

How about this?

It matters in older formats, it's just something Wizards wouldn't do today

Graveyard order DOES matter, though
>404.2. Each graveyard is kept in a single face-up pile. A player can examine the cards in any graveyard at any time but normally can’t change their order.
>Additional rules applying to sanctioned tournaments may allow a player to change the order of cards in his or her graveyard.

Those "additional rules applying to sanctioned tournaments" are the newer format rules that don't care about graveyard order in formats where cards like aren't legal. Pic related is how they do this kind stuff now. The wording in has the same ultimate effect as the original without caring about GY order.

From the Magic Tournament Rules
>3.14 Graveyard Order
>In formats involving only cards from Urza's Saga- and later, players may change the order of their graveyard at any time. A player may not change the order of an opponent's graveyard.

That's why I said it's something they wouldn't do now

OK, WB then. Thanks a lot for the help. I guess my only other question about Bruce is if I could get away with decreasing the ability cost by 1 or not.

So, the only one left now is Damian. Hmm, as much as I don't like it, I think I'll have to fall back on his League of Assassins background. For that, these two cards are probably my favorite. And yes, I have gone through 17 iterations of Damian. I have a lot of trouble when it comes to some of these cards. I do kinda enjoy how he and his dad now have the same colors. Oh, and I would like to keep his CMC below 4.

I just want to point out that there's also a weird RG hybrid card that lets you reorder your graveyard, Fossil Find.

>I just want to point out that there's also a weird RG hybrid card that lets you reorder your graveyard, Fossil Find.
It's worded like that because it can be played in older formats that care about GY order. 404.2 is still a rule, but tournament rules for newer formats override it. I'm not really sure why they added the clause to that card, though. There are plenty of cards that return a random card from the GY without reordering it. Shadowmoor block was a weird time.

I would make Damian a Sengir Vampire that forces the sac when an opponent's thing dies during combat, rather than one of your things. Fits more with his background and fighting style.

They were probably doing it precisely so it wouldn't mess up those older cards. So you could just take the graveyard, shuffle it, get a card, then have a reason to change its order. But that's just a theory off the top of my head, I could be wrong.

Hmm, that sounds interesting. But by that, you mean something like
>Whenever a creature dealt damage by ~ this turn dies, that creature's controller sacrifices a permanent.
Or something like that, right?

this is actually really fun. thoughts on this?

other one I made

>Hmm, that sounds interesting. But by that, you mean something like
>Whenever a creature dealt damage by ~ this turn dies, that creature's controller sacrifices a permanent.
>Or something like that, right?
Yeah, that was the general idea.

I love them, but I would exchange Shadowgate and Worldform's casting cost; White has more reanimator stuff than Red, and Red has more clone stuff than White.

Well I'm up now, time to give feedback.

The problem with it being a spell is that if a spell is copied, then it'll be able to be recast. Copies still go to the graveyard, just like tokens do.

Really loving the flavor on that lip card.
Selif's Elite is a cool ability as well, gets buffed if they have creatures to tap, and becomes a pretty big blocker if they attack, too.

Just wondering what "Incarnate" does.

>drawing cards from the bottom of the deck instead
Interesting. Amusing flavor, too.

That's... really good. White and red love it for the creature buffing (anthems, trumpet calls), and if Mardu got it, their black stuff would go crazy using it as sac fuel.
And it triggers on each combat, to boot.
I'd probably increase the mana cost by one or two, especially since it triggers the turn it comes in and gives attackers right away, too.

That's amazing for token decks. They can omniblock any giant fucker ever. Her and 3 1/1 soldiers can trade with a Worldspine Wurm for 8 life. A Conquerer's Pledge of them can stomp a dozen Worldspines at once. Holy shit that last ability does work.
And yet it's still balanced, since it's only for defense, and she's vulnerable to removal.
I like it.

I feel this is a bit powerful in comparison to Drop of Honey/Purphory Nodes, in that it kills each creature that's tied for the weakest, while also providing a way to buff your own creatures to be out of range.
Great flavor, though.

Really neat. If it follows a boardwipe, it becomes a more powerful mutavault combined with an any color source. At the same time, it's a dinky 1/1 that only taps for colorless to start with. I like it.

I love the potential synergy with this guy. Being able to spam equipments is great for cards like Kemba or Loxodon Punisher. Only downside is that you need some discard stuff, but you can also just use cycling to set it off as well.

Thanks for the feedback, user!
>Just wondering what "Incarnate" does.

continued

I'm getting Brimaaz flashbacks for hyperefficient mono color creatures. But at least it has a drawback to it rather than B's only upsides. I like it.

In order of cards:
Insight looks like a cool mechanic and would add more goodstuff for Sunburst decks, I like it.
Fitting both red and blue themes, both in type, mechanics used, and how they're used. 5/5.
Pride's a cool mechanic, but it's counterintuitive in red. White and black would be a better fit for it to mostly go to. As far as the gnome itself goes though, aggro usually doesn't have a hard time beating face harder than it's getting hit back.
Guide is like a throwback to haunt, but with a constant buff rather than a trigger. I like it, fits will with g/w too.
Dream finally gives a use to all those extra lands and shit that green can grab to their hand but not drop, being powerful yet not broken. Are the primary colors for it u/g?

Like a black version of Blisterstick shaman. Decent common.

God is a creature type usually reserved for mythics. If you're going for a "Champion of Valhalla" type Ascended Warrior feel, maybe Spirit would be a better choice?
As said though, Darksteel Sentinel is kinda better, being able to be put in any decks, and comes with artifact interactions too. You could probably add another toughness to help block tramplers in compensation.

That second part is not worded as either a triggered ability or an activated ability. It's just a wonky special action.
I like the idea, though.

Neat, gives card advantage if it dies.

I'm weary of the repeatable fogs. Maybe prevent a single source instead? Like, apply Gaseous Form to one creature temporarily?

The wording needs work. The first one should be an "If you do, return ~ from your graveyard to your hand."
The second one is... Maybe make it a keyword ability, then relate Sin to it? I'm not even sure.

another one

my cards:
still waiting for somebody to notice :(

If he wants Champion of Valhalla type feel, he should use Avatar.

I need to reword the abilities to 'shuffle [this card] from your graveyard into your library: [effect]'.
For Sloth, I'm thinking of making it either protect your or protect your stuff, but I don't know which I should go for.
As for Sin, I honestly think the only rework it need is to make the second ability read "when you shuffle you library because of an Incarnation card, you map cast Sin from your graveyard without paying its mana cost."

>The problem with it being a spell is that if a spell is copied, then it'll be able to be recast. Copies still go to the graveyard, just like tokens do.

That's not really a problem, you know.

The 7 goes in front of the black and white. I think it should be double black instead of BW.

Also, its attack is overpowered as shit. It's an instant 13+ damage plus much more, possibly..

true. I should make it a 0/7

whoops

Like it. Flash goes before the text effect.

Wrong card color for the mana cost. Neat otherwise.

Make it a 1/7, and change the effect trigger to "if creature dealt combat damage...".

Alright!

done

this better?

Fixed the next one

continued
sorry, got sidetracked with gardening shit

Huh, like Zilean. Not bad.

Why does it enter tapped if it's not meant for combat and not interacting with entering tapped?
Otherwise, neat. A canned time stop.

>colors before generic in cost
>using an already existing set symbol
>needlessly complex life interactions
>swings for at least 18 on a 7 drop creature
>mtgcardsmith
but why

Neato Grave Pact/Martyr's Bond effect. The second one should be priced a bit higher, though. Especially since you can hit any permanent, not just ones that you lost.
>you killspell my creature, I retaliate by killing your land

Flash should go above any other line, since it's something that interacts with casting it.
Once again, an incredibly powerful ability. While yes, it benefits your opponets as well, it benefits you far more. And it's a 4/4 flash for 4, in addition to that powerful ability.
The flavor doesn't mesh with me, either. What does being lonely have to do with untapping your lands and being a surprise creature?

Nice. Clones, and draws at least two cards.
Super effective in a token deck. Populate, then draw a card for each of that type of token you have.

In order:
Mini-Karrthus. Neat.
That seems like a cool ability ripe for synergy abusing, but hey, 4 color mythic that needs other stuff. Neat.
A good blocker that spawns a good disposable attacker every turn. Might be a bit powerful at those stats at 4 mana, but it's probably fine.
I feel like this would be fine with just the first part. The second part seems incredibly abuseable, but it's only to top of the deck rather than hand. Would need playtesting for tweaking, but neat design.
At first I was thinking "Oh, it's like a mini possibility storm." But then I realized it can cast any spell from your graveyard. I feel it should then exile the spell if it would go back that turn.

Change the golden background.
pic related

The watcher wants to help you and be a friend, but by helping you he helps your enemies unintentionally.

Edited my third one

again

Ooh, neato. Populate would love that. Then again, Populate loves Seance, Mimic Vat, and Heat Shimmer effects, too.

Why is the blue costed card black?
How does that ability even work? Would it negate itself?
What do you mean by negate, anyways? Lose abilities? Why not just say that instead?

Yeah, that's what I was saying. Change it to an activated ability.
For Sloth, why not "Until end of turn, target creature you control gets shroud and "prevent all damage that would be dealt to and dealt by this creature." ?

Eh, I guess. I'm just a bit wary of it.

Why does this have a multicolor frame when it's mono colored?
Significantly more balanced, and actually legible. Nice.
The one thing I would change is take out the flavor text. That text box is already crowded enough as is.

Still not getting the flavor, and 4 for a 4/4 flash with a significant ability is a bit powerful. Unless it's meant for a custom cube or something, it's significantly more powerful than any other 4 mana flash creature in existence.

Still having trouble with the wording. Are you thinking of them losing their abilities? Why not just say so?
>"Other nonland permanents have no abilities."
Or if you're going for stopping triggered/activated abilities, but not static ones, just do
>"Whenever another permanent triggers or activated an ability, counter it."

Gonna change up the second one, thanks. The thing i was going for is the silence ability from hearthstone, if you know what it does. Basically what it does is it removes all card text from the affected creatures.

Dope landfall triggers

I think this is significantly more balanced.