Did you have a big-brother, older-sister, father-figure, wise-mentor...

Did you have a big-brother, older-sister, father-figure, wise-mentor, sort of person in your life that first introduced you to the wonders of tabletop?

My oldest sister got me into Basic D&D back in 1982.

No, but I do try and be that older figure for other people. Not just for tabletop but life in general.

Long story short, I used to be a weeaboo piece of shit that spent too much time on /a/ and accidentally clicked on Veeky Forums

One of the best accidents of my life.

Friend's dad was a super huge nerd.
Played in NERO larp and introduced us to the wonders of 3.5 in highschool without explaining the aspect of roleplaying, just had us do a shitty dungeon.
I still thought it was the bees knees.

>It wasn't until I was 24 that I found a good group and actually had fun

I am that older brother

Well, I was into Veeky Forums before I got into pen and paper through my uncle. So yeah, kindof.

I was that older brother.

Feels good, man.

Is that a dinosaur skull back there?

Nah, my hobbies pretty much developed in isolation, my mum introduced me to The Lord Of The Rings before I was old enough to talk so I sorta started from there.

I try to introduce my hobby to others but I'm about two standard deviations away from being medically autistic so I'm not a great salesman.

Yes, her name was wikipedia

yes

My dad read Tolkien to me as bedtime stories, then was confused when I got older and took a shine to that DnD stuff.

Nope, oldest son.
I stole a bunch of Robotech rpgs from a garage sale.
Later got into Vampire the Masquerade.
Finally got arround to playing D&D at 3.5 but I hated it. But I recently played 5th edition and actually enjoyed it.

My father got me into PnP. Got his old books out of the attic, helped me make my first character ever but he was to busy to run a game. Then I got a couple friends of mine into it and he told me his old games were probably to hard for me as a beginner DM, so we went to the LGS and he bought me the 3.5 player's hanbook. He had been out of the loop for a while. The book being a fucking mess didn't stop us from playing shitty home-made and half-assedly prepared pre-made scenarios.

My first DM, an older goth/punk girl that hung out with my dorky group back in middleschool some people on this board thinks she raped me

My dad got me into D&D by regaling me with stories of his shitty playthroughs. I thought it was fucking awesome, so I looked for groups. There were none(or that I knew of anyway, LGS mostly deal with MtG and such) that I could find, so I got my friends together and played a session. Everyone got into it, which then incited my siblings to be interested.

Now the party of 7 players continues to play, two of the players in there are my siblings. Everyone's enjoying it, and I'm having fun DM'ing despite the fact that I feel physically and mentally drained afterwards.

All worth it.

Yeah an older girl in college. She took me under her wing so to speak.

My older brother first introduced me to dungeons and dragons 1st ed back in the 80's when he found an old set of dice and a guidebook at a church rummage sale. He told me it was going to be an awesome adventure and he helped me create my first character, a thief named Bo. Excited to play he started me off in front of some barons keep. I told him I approach the gates, He rolls some dice, says I was hit by an arrow for 6 damage and I bled out on the drawbridge in front of the keep. To this day it has been my best experience as a player playing d and d.

Besides being born?

Well he did say "one of the best".

The brother of this guy in my high school group of friends introduced us and guided us, before he left for Grad school. Cool guy.

My father was the one who gave me my inspiration to begin with tabletop games. I first heard about his experiences with D&D when we were in the character creation screen of Morrowind. He's had a plethora of characters but the one that always stuck out the most was his drow character. He was as simple as a Fighter/Wizard, but his accomplishments include obtaining Spider Silk Armor from a Spider Queen, becoming lord of an estate, surviving an entire dungeon when more than half of the group died in the first few rooms to get to the Spider Queen.

>some people on this board thinks she raped me
storytime?

>some people on this board thinks she raped me.

Alright, this sounds just unrealistic enough to be a true story.
Go on...

>giving the attention whore what he wants
Encouraging more of these kinds of offtopic threads lol

We'll probably just get one post of a greentext story and then maybe five replies. It's not going to derail the thread.
I assumed stories was the point of this thread in the first place.

>A random user says something nice and heartwarming about Veeky Forums.
>Slaps him across face with content.
Never change Veeky Forums.

Did you mean contempt?

We met her through the big sister of a friend, she was 17 and she liked to hang out with us 14yo dorks, she had her goth-punk thing going on, she ran our dungeons&dragons group, we thought she was the coolest hottest girl on earth and I guess she liked the attention. She liked me the most and she made it her mission to be my first. She hung out with me solo as well as with the group, she wasn't subtle but I was dumb and young and I didn't hang out with a lot of girls so I just assumed that's how girls were when they where good friends with you.

This went on for a few months, eventually she got sick of me not taking the hint. We went to a shitty horror movie as we often did, she positioned herself under my arm as she often did, she whispered dumb stuff in my ear as she often did, she ran her fingers through my hair as she often did. I thought nothing of it because at this point this had become normal to me. Out of nowhere she slids her hand down my pants and starts going to town on me. Tells me to stay still, to keep quiet, to close my eyes, to look at her, to not look at her, to tell her how it feels. eventually I cum in my pants. She tells me I can go get changed at her house, I'm half-embarrassed and half eager for more so I agree. We go her folks aren't there, she takes me to her room and fucks me all the way. After that she asks me point-blank if I wanna be her boyfriend, I say yes. We dated for a little over two years.

She was fucking great, always gentle and patient, taught me about foreplay and eating out, she showed me all sorts of cool music and movies, she bought me my first beers, she kept being our DM(didn't give me preferential treatment, if anything she gave my characters extra hell), she taught me how to drive, I had my first joint with her, she took me to her prom. She could have gone straight to college after graduating, but instead she stayed for another year working part-time jobs so we could together some more.

I wasn't an accident, I was the very deliberate product of a meticulously planned sexual crime.

I remember being very young and seeing my father playing MtG, which inspired me to get into it. But way, way more than that? I was always a read-y kind of kid who very much loved books. I started reading Forgotten Realms stuff (thanks again, Dad) when I was about 10 and got into D&D and shit from there.

No, I didn't have any clear role models or anything growing up. Being that person for others is how I fill the void in my heart since I'm forever alone

I've always been alone.

>I was the very deliberate product of a meticulously planned sexual crime.

Prostitution is still legal in some places user.

The point is that no matter how you look at it, it was just your average highschool romance between a boy and a girl. A bit of drama, a lot of sloppy sex, pizza, movies, completely.

And yet for some reason when I talk about it to some people they claim that she took advantage of me and raped me. That she raped me at that movie theater and that the entire relationship was a lie based on guilt and coercion.

*completely normal
I meant

>the entire relationship was a lie based on guilt and coercion.

Isn't that every relationship though?

Nope. I sorta became one for my brother, though. Unintentionally. Now my cousin bought him a 5e PHB, so I've got to figure out the system to run it for him. I doubt it will end well, so I'll see if I can get my friend to GM it instead.

My dad and I played a DnD ripoff back when I was a kid, I can't remember what it was called. It was basically a pre-made adventure with everything you needed already included.
I didn't understand shit though and played it like a traditional game until he explained that I could do whatever I wanted. So I did whatever my 7 year old self came up with.
That's about it. At least he tried. Being raised catholic and having a kid in the early 90s, my tabletop career could've taken a much different turn.

sounds like rape

Because she jerked him off in a movie theater?
I mean, statutory sure, but does anyone really count that?

>statutory
Not even that. They both were under 18.

Well, she was a minor at the time, so it's not statuatory rape. Then there are generally laws so that a young adult who is either in or just graduated from high school can fuck within a certain age range, so they won't get arrested for having sex with their BF/GF from highschool, if that person ended up being a minor.

No. Or not directly, anyway. Pops took me to the bookstore all the time when I was a kid. Eventually I drifted over to the RPG section and spent a lot of time just looking at the books, not really understanding them too well. I loved medieval stuff and fairy tales thanks to Pops having tons of history books and stuff in the house. Eventually I asked for and received the D&D Basic box. I had to bug some older kids I knew to play with me, but mostly spent the first couple of years reading used modules from the secondhand bookstore and making maps and creating characters I never got to play. It wasn't until high school that I played the game in a real way. My parents were very cool about it, which was important because of the religious hysteria concerning it at the time.

In my state, 16-21y/o pairings are legal, 18+ is standard free game.
Anyone under 16 is stat, though.
Sorry, I forgot our hick rules only apply to us.

>16-21y/o pairings are legal
Lots of states actually have something like that. The South usually is more liberal with it, ironically.

It wasn't

Reverse the genders.
They were still going out when the older one was 19-20, it started when the younger one was 14.
Multiple sexual encounters, illegal substances were involved.
Does it not sound a lot worse, a lot more like rape?

She played you like a fiddle.

>Does it not sound a lot worse, a lot more like rape?
No.

There's little difference between an 18 year old and a 16 year old. Both can say no equally well.

My older bro, rummaging around the loft one day we found Heroquest and that opened the floodgates.

Nope.

>She played you like a fiddle.
Yeah she did, she was incredible with her hands and mouth, not so much with her feet but nobody's perfect.

At that stage in life it does make a huge difference. And he wasn't 18 or even 16, he was 14, he was still a kid, a kid that wanted to watch a movie with his friend, he never asked to be molested and groped.

But it does, a seventeen year old dude with acne, early facial hair and a car takes his fourteen year old "friend" to a movie theater and fingerbangs her.
Fucked up and wrong, the police would get involved eventually. Also the booze and the weed.

Stockholm Syndrome, you were a victim and you never knew it.

>molested and groped
You've been obviously been hurt or something. No one was hurt from how the guy was telling it.

You can't judge it over the internet.

Let's settle this quick and easy.

Storytime user, did you want to touch that Goth Chick's naughty bits and for her to touch your's before she actually did?

>inb4 he can't answer that honestly because of the "rape"

Pretty much my dm right now. Seeing him once a week is pretty great, his gf is pretty fun to play with too.

Mate, if they're going to the same school (IE grade school, middle school, Jr High, High), or did in the past, they're within hitting range. Not to mention that you of course tried to make the guy seem as creepy as possible, to support your narrative.

Stockholm Syndrome is specifically notable because of how rare it is. It's also a much narrower term than you're using it here: it's meant to apply to hostage situations, not romantic relationships. Numbnuts.

Ended up getting into 3.5 collectively with a bunch of friends back in middle school thats in large part to the encouragement of one of our teachers. Even set us up behind the curtains in the stage area during lunch breaks/study halls to play.

Then I ended up having not one but two separate high school teachers as DMs later on too.

Absolutely, I was crazy about her, we all were and she chose me. Sure when it happened I was confused and shocked, even a little bit scared, but it all turned out fine. That day ranks high among the best ones in my life, I was truly happy those two years with her and we're still friends to this day.

Look, maybe something bad happened to you. Maybe you were in my same situation and yours didn't turn out so great. I'm sorry for you, but you can't go around projecting your bad stuff on other people's good stuff.

This thread got me thinking. How old are you, anons of Veeky Forums?

29 for another couple months

I was 21 when my younger sister 17 introduce me to DnD and to my surprise they are all girls including the DM

I now enjoy the company of a tales of this group where all girls roleplay as big bulky boys and i roleplay as a girl which is fun at most.

Just turned 20 yesterday. Am I an adult yet? Don't feel it.

Its a joke. lighten up.

Stockholm Syndrom and codependency are not the same thing, retard. (Even if it is codependency; Gothfucker user doesn't sound particularly broken up about the break-up.)

That doesn't sound like rape at all. I mean, statutory, maybe, depending on where you live. But it sounds like you consented.

Too old. ;_____;

>Came to Veeky Forums at 14
>Found Veeky Forums accidentally
>Didn't have many friends, especially anyone to play tabletop with
>Started anyways, with 40K and Roll20
>Stayed in threads, tried my best to learn how to play systems and not become that guy
>Turned 19 a month ago, now have a sizable group of friends who play multiple tabletops and I DM a group of Only War
>Tfw this board was my big sibling that introduced me to tabletop and the joys of it, even if nobody knew it

I love all of you faggots.

Aww. Love you too, faggot.

No homo tho.

>inb4 retroactive underage b&

I believe he is referring to pic related

we'll always be there for you, user.

unfortunatly not...

>not so much with her feet
FUCKING DROPPED

kek but for real the whole thing reads pretty sketch, not saying she stole innocence like that other guy(or girl?) is saying, but maybe she wasn't the perfect eyeshadow wearing angel you remember

>his gf is pretty fun to play with too.

I'm somewhat troubled that my first thought to this was "I hope he's still talking about pen and paper games."

Started when my dad told old adventures as bedtime stories
Then at 12 my cousin let me guest-appear in the game he was running when I visited
He even lent me the book, I read it cover to cover a few times
Dad found out, was stoked, dm'ed my brother and I on a few 3.5 adventures
Bought me a shit load of books
By 14 I had collected some friends to forever DM
I'm from a nerdy family

I didn't.

My sister, cousins, and friends do.

brain damage: the post

this thread is so nice it feels like /s4s/ without autisms

>about to tell user to get the fuck off Veeky Forums, underage b&, etc
>realise that young kids growing up on 3.5 are now old enough to post on Veeky Forums
>realise I am no longer young

Best friend in high school sort of got me into 3.5. I was obsessed with the books but semi-abusive parents basically never let me leave the house except for school, so I didn't get the full campaign experience. Still we managed a few sessions at school.

Senior year I moved to a different state. People were kind of wannabe nerds there but nobody wanted to DM. Once or twice I was kind of ambushed into running games with no prep (they invited me claiming someone else would run). I think people wanted me to be that older brother. While I hoped to do some good I had no idea what the fuck I was doing.

Things didn't really take off for me until an ex roped me into running a game. She provided a place to play and invited people to play with when I would otherwise have just been a poor as fuck NEET shut in. If there was ever an ulterior motive she kept a tight lid on it. Campaign lasted a year, year and a half. Group was about 15 people rotating in total with like 4 or 5 that showed every single week. Kind of cemented my preference for running rather than playing.

Although someone's silence doesn't and should not imply consent, it's not coming off as rape to me and more like dumb sloppy teens being horny. Unless you're leaving out some detail about struggling to resist her, or her guilting you.

Sure, if she'd read the the mood wrong it would've been a crime, but it just sounds like teenage sexytimes and totally hot and kinky.

The story actually sounds quite cute to me.

I don't know where 5 years of my life went.

But this didn't happen though.

Y-y-you too

Nope, found out about it by myself, made some really good friends alobg the way, drag some other friends into it (one of them is now DMing and son will become m'y brother in law) and eventually my little brothers started to play.
Feels pretty good to be honest. The youngest of them started a few mounths ago, he's 11, same age I started. Some sessions there's almost only family members at the table

Do they ever bully your character?

I'm no cook, but this is pasta, isn't it?

>Dad introduced my sister
>Sister introduced me
>I introduced my daughter

I cast retro-ban your 19 yo ass.

21, at least for right now

29 and I'm prime senpai material.