Is there a setting in which humans are hunted and killed by all the superior fantasy races to near extinction?

Is there a setting in which humans are hunted and killed by all the superior fantasy races to near extinction?

Why don't you write one?

Battlefield Earth

Warhammer 40k

I seek inspiration.

Then read Mouse Guard while mentally replacing mice with humans and other animals with fantasy races.

>Is there a setting in which humans are hunted and killed by all the superior fantasy races to near extinction?
NOPE

What you proposed is what would happen if fantasy stories were logical (a thing that only happens on sub-genre hard fantasy, that almost no one do).

Just get an normal seting and follow what would be the consequences to the actions that happen on the world

>no magic
its a shit settng then, OP

Where did you get that from, user?

Look up 'Somali to Mori no Kami-sama'. Basically humans and non-humans went to war, the humans lost, and became food/pets/were hunted for fun by the nonhumans.
>tfw no qt endangered species daughterfu to look after

Not really a DnD setting, but in the Witcher universe, there's a human world invaded by elves, who nearly drive humans to extinction and enslave the remaining few.

How would players learn magic if they are all monster hunters scrapping for survival?

There is no time for magic in an apocalyptic setting.

That really depends on the setting, Mr Triples.

I'll look it up, thanks.

Unless magic isn't some carefully studied science and has nothing to do with that. I have no idea why you would assume that

Though I don't see what's inherently bad with a no magic setting unless you're using a game that doesn't properly support the idea

Ghost in the Shell is now a shit setting.

thats been done a few times, planet of the apes is a pretty famous one.

just understand that humans always win in the end, always.

Did they win in planet of the apes?

I haven't seen the remakes but in the originals they end up freeing themselves from slavery then going back in time to stop the apes from taking over and failing to do that. so they don't wipe the apes out but the apes no longer control them.

I thought the originals ended with somebody setting off the nuclear bomb a bunch of mutants were worshipping, which wiped out everybody.

the originals are pretty confusing, ive seen them a long time ago so i might be getting them mixed up. Im fairly certain the last one ends with the 2 ape scientists giving birth to the first ape then they both die. its like a weird time loop thing where they go back in time to create their own future.

Original Innistrad is not only my all time favorite MtG planes, but also one of my top 5 fantasy settings ever created

For those who don't know, it's essentially a colonial/enlightenment period Europe but the entire world is haunted by gothic horror creatures with fantasy twists.

The main factions are:

Roving werewolf gangs called 'Howlpacks'. When a human gets outed as a werewolf or wishes to join the wanton thrill seekers of the hunt, they usually find a local Howlpack alpha and join their pack.

Vampires are ancient, usually wealthy, and extremely dangerous. Back in ye olde days of Innistrad, famed alchemist Edgar Markov made a demonic pact to end a famine plaguing the realm. The demons, instead of ending the hunger, just gave people a new way to eat by creating vampirism. Vampires rule a province called Stensia where the noble vampire families herd humans like cattle, but some rogue vampire neophytes become blood hungry serial murderers a la Jack the Ripper.

Spirits come in many flavors. You have the spooky trickster types, the scary stormgeists, the benevolent guides, the wrathful revenants, etc.

Zombies come in two variations: the frankensteinian flesh golems made by mad scientists (called skaabs, and their creators are skaabaren) and then you have the hordes of the mindless undead risen by dark magic

then, last but not least, you have the humans. humans are near extinction, fighting against vampires, demons, werewolves, and zombies. Each province has walled settlements and farmland where humans try to survive day to day with the guidance and protection of angels, but in original innistrad, the head angel avacyn went missing which led to a near apocalyptic event between humans and the creatures of the night

...Felarya? Sort of.

You know, that wouldn't be to bad of a basis for a setting if you 1) removed the bullshit mary sue stuff made by various fan contributors and 2) made the giant monsters proper monsters rather than monstergirls.

Well, the bomb seemed pretty final, IIRC the main character set it off deliberately while fatally wounded and the narration took over, but if time travel's involved I'm not even going to try figuring that shit out.

Fantasy as well in the end times. Mankind is mostly eradicated by surprise world wide skaven attack, then comes dat chaos, and shitty storyline.

Create the setting, OP. Right here right now. You have 280 posts at your disposal.

I'm conflicted about making it standard fantasy, but with elven, dwarf, orc etc. empires fighting each other and with small villages of humans caught in the fight. Or taking something like nordic myths in a low-magic setting and making the fantasy races super spooky, almost eldritch horros.

Got a new idea. Imperialistic setting, but it's the humans that get colonized by all the different fantasy races.

Wraeththu covers this. If you can overlook androgynes with flower-penises and acid cum, its pretty interesting.