So, I've done a price up of forge worlds items and its very expensive

So, I've done a price up of forge worlds items and its very expensive.

Should i consider recasts or second hand models?

3x Chimera Armoured Skirts
>70.94
1 x Leman Russ Executioner Turret
>31.53
3 x Leman Russ Annihilator Turret
>94.59
3 x Rapier Laser Destroyer
>177.35
1 x Trojan Support
>84.73
3x Razorback LasPlas
>88.67

Grand total. 547.81 AUD

With Tanks, It's considerably more.

3 x Minotaur Artillery Tank
>549.78
3 x Malcador Infernus
>549.78
3 x Macharius Heavy Tank
>679.84
2 x Macharius Vulcan
>433.52
3 x Macharius Vanquisher
>679.84

Grand total. 3440.57 AUD

I can't wait until they bring out a plasma version of that.

why do you need so many fucking super-heavy tanks
at this point I would find a recaster that doesn't suck balls(Z does) and order the larger stuff from them

In reality i only need about one of the super heavies but ideally, i'd like more.

225.86 Vanquisher

216.02 Heavy Tank

216.02 Vulcan

182.64 Artillery Tank

182.64 Infernus

1 of each. 1023.18

Oh, Sweet. That's a lot better price wise.

Have you consider just getting the ones you absolute need and then recasts for the extra's?

But aren't recasts kinda poor in quality.

Mine always have been, to the point where I just shell out the extra money for the "real thing" now. My Fire Raptor was so terrible that I literally had to throw it away.

Which is why you don't buy recasts.

I buy all but a few second hand figures from recasters at this point. While I am sure that the average Ukranian teenager selling recasts on Ebay is bad, there are some that have much more consistent quality. CCON has never failed me, I got my Bloodthirster from him last month and it looks fantastic.

Fire Raptr is renowned for being THE shittiest model to assemble of the whole FW range though. Even the official ones are known for being a massive pain in the ass.

Some are some aren't. My pathfinders from CCON are fantastic. My pathfinders from Z lack a lot of detail. Granted, Z's are based on the old metal casts. But that itself could be a problem.

Unfortunately, it's really a hit or miss thing.
Z can be great, even better than mroper FW models sometimes, sending you batches of free stuff along with your bug order.
And sometimes (the bigger the piece, the more likely it'll be shit is the rule of thumb) it is barely salvageable.

>buying recast Pathfinders

Yeah I wouldn't listen to morons like this. They claim recasts are good then do stupid things like buy recasts of dirt cheap, PLASTIC models and then you end up with people like in this thread who get really bad recasts and get burned because they listened to morons.

stop fucking posting this thread every day dude holy shit

You only need the Vanquisher for tanks, i don't even use default leman russ.

But i want a normal tank as well.

Recasts, but for chimeras armor, get from modelsandminis.com
cheep as fuck.

Bamp

It wouldn't be that hard, you've just gotta replace the turret and replace it with something in similar shape.

Stop posting this thread every day asshole. Buy your recasts and take a risk on quality or buy from ebay where they will probably be recast anyway but wither way fuck off.

Fuck off already, will you? You've been posting the same fucking thing everyday now. If you're looking for recasts go on reddit, they're not that hard to find, unless you're a complete fucking retard.

Actually. Twice, Unless you've been here for two days.

Anyhow, Your constant shitposting has a point. I guess i'll go with the top shelf and buy the forge world kits from their site as its better.

good

If you can get it from Pillpit or concerns it is going to be equal to anything fireworks puts out. The problem is that they don't always carry everything you want.

I got my entire 30k mechanical army from ccon and with the exception of a single 20$ dollar castellax, everything was perfect.

Ccon*

Fucking autocorrect.

>aussiebux

I found your problem!