Show me examples of diverse but WELL-BALANCED parties of at least three people

Show me examples of diverse but WELL-BALANCED parties of at least three people.

I've noticed that they're actually far rarer than expected.

My last group was:
Gnome Wizard
Elf Paladin
Troll Berserker
Satyr Rogue
Giant Cleric

From media, rather than those made for roleplaying games.

From books, television shows, movies, video games, whatever.

Last group was completely unbalanced and not really effective.
>Human wizard
>Half-Orc barbarian
>Human wizard
>Human wizard
>Human cleric

Shaman
Street Samurai
Hacker

Sanderson Way of Kings has a female rogue/historian who alters light, images, and sound, young male spearmen that controls gravity, and a grizzled old warrior who would probably count as a paladin for his convictions to uphold honour and law.

From media?
Toph, Zuko, Katara, from Avatar. Obviously, Aang and Sokka are on different levels.

Maybe Azula, Ty Lee, Mei is a better example from the same show. Both Ty and Mei are more acrobatic and more mentally stable than Azula. Ty can disable bending, and Mei's combat capability is on par with firebending.

Michael Ian Black, Michael Showalter, and David Wain.

Azula is definitely the most powerful. Remember, she competently fought all of Team Avatar + Zuko + Iroh by herself in The Pursuit.

Final Fantasy X, if you exclude Khimari.

Bear in mind the entirety of Team Avatar was bent completely out of shape from not sleeping for a week.

Not sure if we're balanced or not but my party
>Half-Orc Barbarian
>Half-Elf Bard
>Elf Warlock
>Dragonborn Paladin
>Elf Cleric
>Human Druid

Well, Kihmari would fit, because his whole gimmick is that he can fill any role, just shittier than any other character mid-game onwards.

The non-hobbit, non-wizard members of the Fellowship.

So Beowulf, Beowulf 2, Elf Beowulf, and Dwarf Beowulf?

Guess it worked for them.

My current Dark Sun group is pretty balanced. They managed beat a hard encounter I designed for 5 PCs with only 4 of them. All of them got extremely close to death, but with teamwork and a little luck they were able to have total success.

They are:
Dragonborn Warlord
Thri'Kreen Warden
Tiefling Warlock
Mul Invoker that is slowly turning into a Duergar due to a curse

and there is the 5th character that hasn't been made yet (5th player died two sessions ago and couldn't show up for the latest game)

Sokka and Katara were just as sleep deprived when they fought Mei and Ty Lee.

"The same role as another character but worse" doesn't seem super balanced.

Ah, but remember how many more kills Legolas racks up than Gimli? Including an entire olyphant?

Oh my God I've wasted my life.

>Sneaky, socially sneaky, and stabby sneaky guy
>Smashy, armor clanky, and tactical strategy guy
>Healy, prayer screaming, and nature lovin gal

>remember how many more kills Legolas racks up than Gimli? Including an entire olyphant?
>Oh my God I've wasted my life.

If you want to claim some kind of nerd cred you could at least pretend you actually read LotR.

>5th player died two sessions ago and couldn't show up for the latest game
It'd be really weird if he could.

Queermo, Gimli, despite being melee oriented and with a short hafted weapon and thus having an innate disadvantage, still got 1 more kill than Legolas in Helm's Deep, iirc 42 vs 41 in the book 43 vs 42 in the movie.

>implying Summoners aren't best class

Cotillion, Ammanas, Edgewalker and Apsalar

Does this count?

I don't have any nerd cred. I've wasted my damn life.

And my brain doesn't process large blocks of text so good.

>And my brain doesn't process large blocks of text so good.

Boy are you in the wrong hobby then.

>melee
>disadvantage
You retarted? The ranger has to constantly make distance and attack. The melee one simply attacks, specially when he is a dwarf and can resist every hit from the enemy. Meanwhile the dancing ranger...

Hm. Cutting it close. On the one hand you have
>Super android strength and computing power, with naïveté
>Expert engineer who can see most of the electromagnetic spectrum in practice
>former Vegas entertainer, taught inner-city youth about the power of music

And on the other you have
>the living ragdoll for every evil dude
and
>"Captain, I sense much anger in this hostile race's war negotiations."

It's easier if it's broken up into manageable chunks, and I stay away from 3.X and GURPS.

>Legolas
>Ranger

Applying PC conditions to any character in LotR is retarded because none of them are player characters. But if you're gonna do it then at least get their hypothetical classes right. Legolas is a Fighter.

And that guy is dumb for thinking melee disadvantages Gimli. And you're also dumb for insisting Legolas is disadvantaged for focusing on "distance and attack".

Legolas can fight at ranged or at melee comfortably, and can maneuver.

>And that guy is dumb for thinking melee disadvantages Gimli.

A very short guy with a very short weapon on a battlefield has a pretty darn big disadvantage, as if enemies wish to avoid him he can't exactly pursue.

Not balanced at all, mate.

the player's character died, I mean :^v

>A very short guy with a very short weapon on a battlefield has a pretty darn big disadvantage, as if enemies wish to avoid him he can't exactly pursue.

I'd agree with this if it wasn't for the fact he's basically dwarf Hercules. Tolkien never really describes him as disadvantaged for his height, and he and Legolas are pretty evenly-matched.

People forget Aragorn, Borimir, Legolas, and Gimli had power levels far beyond most people in the setting, either by virtue of their race or their bloodline (or both). Aragorn was almost seven feet tall. Borimir was xboxhuege and could move five foot snowdrifts with his bare hands by himself.

Nobody is avoiding gimli because
1.- He is too short to be noticed
2.- Even when he is noticed, he doesn't look menacing enough to be avoided

Gimli is running around the battlefields cutting ankles and then necks non-stop. He deserves the win.

my party in 5e (first time playing) is currently a monk, a rogue and a cleric.
don't know if this is balanced but We've survived to level 3 so far.

What a piece of shit "movie" that was. Please don't post that shameful trash.

Ok. And the point that, yes, with low mobility and a short hafted weapon, it is amazingly impressive that he was able to get one more kill than Legolas.

>Basically Veeky Forums the movie.
>Shameful trash
I'm not sure if this place needs to be *more* self-aware, or *less*.

Do the world a favor and die forgotten.

>>Basically Veeky Forums the movie
Maybe you could say it's like /b/ or /v/, but only in that it's irredeemable trash.

Please explain your reasoning on why it is trash. What did it fail to accomplish that it set out to do? What went wrong with the directing? What failures lay with the actors? Writing? Please be specific.

If your are going to rail against /b/ and /v/ don't just shitpost like you are from there.

Define "well-balanced", because right now it sounds like most western RPGs since 2000 qualify, going out of there way to shove every race and belief in the setting in your face to flesh out the world.

Goddamn that's a balanced party.

Even moreso once you add in everyone else.

Paladin, God, Guard, Healer?

Paladin, Fighter, Rogue, Cleric?

>British Noble
>Combat Trained Mechanic
>Psychic Super Soldier

Paladin, Ranger, Rogue.

>this far into the thread
>No Stooges reference.

You faggots are slipping.

>diverse
but having matching party members can be just as fun, OP

$600k for 30 minutes of random faux 80s random shit with no real story and nothing but bullshit campy one liners.

Compare to Turbo Kid which cost like $10k, has an actual story and writing and a running time of a real movie.

I dont think it was bad, I think it was late.

The hype for "awesome dinosaurs whit chainguns" died some years ago, but not when the "trailer" showed up.

>witch
debuff/support
>druid
wildshape for melee
>cleric
healbot

plus they're all full casters

>Houndmaster not in second place
It's like you want your enemies not to be stunned

Both D&D Films.

How quickly the tide turns

Tank
Utility Wizard
Striker

Why does a party have to be "balanced" anyway?

After my original group of friends split up due to college and moving away I tried to play with some dudes on an irc I sat on.

I was amazed that the first thing I experienced was basically a guy going "Nooooo, I'm the healer, you can't also be a healer. I'm rerolling if you do" with the rest of the people agreeing that yeah, we only need one healer.

I had never had to pay any attention to party composition. We'd just roll up four mages and have fun being a group of travelling mages. Or rogues, or warriors or whatever the fuck kind of party that at the very least would stick together due to similar ideology.

Depends on the game. The group. The goals.

I DM'ed for the first time for a bunch of first timers. Considering their numbers, it was pretty fun on both sides, if a little tiring.

>Human Fighter
>Wood Elf Ranger
>Hill Dwarf Warlock
>High Elf Cleric
>Dragonborn Barbarian
>Eladrin Rogue
>Aasimar Druid

The druid and barbarian missed more than a few sessions due to their own problems, but it was pretty fun.

fighter
cleric
wizard
elf
dwarf

Frank has a lot of levels in a class he never uses.

Balanced? our party was entirely made up of screw-ups, everyone was balanced in their fail.

*Charlie, you mean. And in multiple classes.

Nah Frank. He's a high level businessman who spends all his time trying to level in fringe class.

Case could be made for Charlie though as well.

Giant cleric!?

In PF, you can manage quite well with a Slayer+Alchemist+Wizard, or a Unchained Monk+Cleric+Wizard.

In the first case, any two support the third in any siuation; the second case, each one can carry their own weight alone and teamwork overwhelms any situation.

And threesomes make for the best magical realms.

>monk
>carry their own weight
>3.PF
Good one, mate.

Picard: RT
Riker: Seneschal
Worf: Archmilitant
LaForge: Explorator
Data: best quality combat servitor, attached to Magos LaForge
Troi: Astropath
Guinan: Missionary

Unchained Monk is not nearly the monk of any other D&D system. They're beasts and magically capable. I soloed two CR 14 critters with a 12th level unchained monk in one round each, one after the other. That's comparable to anything in PoW.

>Halfling wizard
>Orc pugilist in heavy armor
>Tiefling rouge

the GM introduced two flintlock-wielding cultists to establish that there were guns in a certain nation and that they were dangerous, and accidentally got the tiefling player killed in the first round

name of the game?

Human cleric of the life domain
Human cleric of the death domain
Human cleric of the knowledge domain

Would you accept DMing for these three gentlemen?

>3 thieves
>diversity

I've been writing a Dune crossed with Crusades style setting recently where the main religion of not!Europe revolves around the gods of the 5e PHB and DMG eight domains. I'd be down.

I liked their T.V. show, I brought it up the other day and nobody had any idea what I was talking about

D&D

You clever asshole.

I'd argue that several western RPGs range from kinda unbalanced to massively unbalanced, rare are they legitimately balanced, and those that are sacrifice fun and customization for balance, with a handful of exceptions.

I try.

And thats Darkest Dungeon by the way.

My group is doing well with a Paladin+Magus+Witch in a PF game.

Mind you, we've no source of real healing yet other than items, but Paladin just needs more levels.

Muh nigga

Weve got an Inquisitor+Bard+Gunslinger and weve been handling situations pretty well, though have the same issue you mentioned.

Our DM seems content to craft scenarios fit to our groups capabilities though.

Clockwise, from the bottom left
>tough guy American
>Cool bartender musician euro dude
>Mission Control eagle
>Violent Russian
>wuss/straight man Aussie
>naive/straight woman Brit

All trying to kill Hitler

Warrior. Mage. Thief.

Current party
>Dwarf Warlord
>Human Cleric
>Human Bard

We do okay. Apparently we have a drop paladin joining us for our next session

Drow paladin

play it straight, make it a paladin of Lolth!

I was actually right about to post this -- Dungeon Meshi seems to have a pretty balanced party, doesn't it?