Draw

>draw
>bounce
>counterspell

What the fuck were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text= [draw]&color= [G] ![B] ![U] ![W] ![R]
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&color= [G] ![B] ![U] ![W] ![R]
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Blue is actually terrible by itself. Mono-blue cant do jack shit about most things once they hit the field. It's the support color.

They weren't early on, and by the time they started thinking it was already 'defined' so they were screwed. If they decided to give, I dunno, fucking green draw or bounce, people would throw a fit.

>le blue is OP meme XDDDD

This hasn't been true for over a decade.

Blue is complete garbage these days.

>draw
>forced sacrifice
>land destruction
>lifegain
Fucking black is op, what were they thinking

Green has plenty of draw.

A sizable percentage of it is dependent on having creatures out though.

>Sylvan Library
>Harmonize
>Tutors if you'll count those
>Reki, the History of Kamigawa

>user claims 'A sizable percentage'
>as in not all but alot
>you attempt to disprove him by naming 3 cards
>3

>Can fuck with the turns themselves

Blue should never have been a color.

>Tutors if you'll count those

No I don't.

Why the fuck would you count tutors as card draw unless they generate CA.

>grown ass men arguing about painted cardboard.

actually I'm only 18 :33

>men talking about traditional games on a traditional games forum

I fail to see the problem here.

Post butts QT

There are other formats than standard

They are all dominated by blue

Monogreen cards with the text draw in them is 168. See gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&text= [draw]&color= [G] ![B] ![U] ![W] ![R]

Monogreen cards in total are 2450. See gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&color= [G] ![B] ![U] ![W] ![R]

So that's like, seven percent draw.

Except they aren't.

Modern especially is like 99% aggro.

I know someone's opinion is irrelevant about Magic when they start complaining about blue. Blue is important

Legacy and.....

/thread

You misunderstand. He was saying that of all the mono green cards that involve drawing a card or cards (the 168 you linked) most of them involve having a creature or multiple creatures in some way (90 of them to be precise).

Which is a little over 50%

Retro Standard! :^)

Vintage.

Vintage was strongly dominated by colorless prison decks until recent restrictions. Also black might actually be the strongest in vintage because tendrils is black and so many decks play tendrils.

>Vintage was strongly dominated by colorless prison decks until recent restrictions.
Yup.

>Also black might actually be the strongest in vintage because tendrils is black and so many decks play tendrils.
The top 5 most played cards in vintage are blue. Tendrils stronger than Ancestral Recall? Time Walk? Brainstorm? Ponder? DTT? Cruise? Gush, which is probably the best card in Vintage currently?

>The top 5 most played cards in vintage are blue.
I mean 5 of the top 10. It's 2 in the morning.

Ah, I was mostly showing how not sizeable the percentage was. Blue on the other hand has something like 25% draw.

... edh? :)

Of making a game with complexity and having it be fun
Oops

Commander sure as hell isn't. Blue is a support color.

>Ushitters detected
Jace the Mind Sculptor is totally fair and balance, amirite?

Of all the broken blue cards in existence you chose Jace?

You've gotta work on your trolling brah

How fucking crazy is it that among all the stupid broken shit WotC has given to U over the years, JMS is "low-tier"?

WotC has given every colour broken shit over the years m8.

>draw
>bounce
>counterspell

>extra turns
>straight-up taking enemy creatures
>straight-up taking enemy artifacts
>direct damage
>mana ramp
>tapping all of an opponent's lands and emptying his mana pool
>changing a card's color

Don't forget Collected Company, Oath of Nissa(LMAO GREEN PONDER)

>Play EDH with a bunch of friends
>Constantly play a mono black Volrath deck
>Friends constantly complain the deck is broken and that I should play my Gwafa Hazid deck
>Keep telling them that deck is even more broken and i find no joy in playing it
>Eventually convince me to play it
>Eventually win by taking infinite turns
>They all complain the deck is broken and I should stop playing it
>mfw

Man I just don't think we should understate how broken blue's core mechanics were in the game's early history.

Wizards dipped a toe into the concept of the sixth color.

How would you feel when space, advanced technology, and the Blind Eternities becomes part of the color pie?

How else could you utilize the exile zone? Should they add more evergreen mechanics to make a home for colorless in terms of flavor?

Would it be more broken or less broken than blue and how different should their mystique attributes be?

I honestly hoped we'd stop seen retarded posts about colorless mana once Gatewatch came out but I can see I hoped in vain

Sure, in the game's early history blue was broken. Nobody would dispute that.

The problem is that retards are still complaining about blue being broken to this day which is complete nonsense.

You'll also notice that every single player who complains about blue is a noob. Like honestly, I've never heard a good player complain about blue decks since '98

get better friends

You haven't really outlined a problem, though.

No, the exile zone shouldn't be just the second graveyard. The amount of interaction with it already is plenty.

U: I'll trade with you when I see the right spell.
R: You'll trade with me when I have you in bolt range.
G: You'll trade with me if you want to contain my Tribbles.
W: I hope you have permanents for me to trade with.
B: Fuck you trade with me.

I can see it now.
>make exile a more relevant zone
>bring back rfg text to compensate
>rebrand it again as "banished" or some shit
>make banished zone more relevant
>bring back rfg text to compensate...

The only thing involving the exile zone I want is a white weenie that has, "Cards can't leave exile"

The only time I've ever complained about blue is when my friend ran a deck with Lighthouse Chronologist and various means of proliferation in four-way multiplayer, made him uber cheesy and damn-near unbeatable

>Impliying commander best colors aren't black and green.
Learn2play noob

counter spells and mill decks are garbage.

Not because people can say the are OP but because the whole deck is based on stalling for time. Little to no interaction.

I don't think you understand what interaction means in the context of MTG.

Counterspells are interactive because you're reacting to what your opponent is doing (i.e. casting a spell). Milling is also interactive because you're targetting your opponent's library and therefore interacting with him.

An example of a non-interactive deck would be a combo deck that just tutors for its wincon without worrying about what your opponent is doing at all. None of its cards target the opponent or the opponent's spells or permanents. Just assemble the combo ASAP and win.

A non-interactive deck just goldfishes.

Blue decks tend to be highly interactive.

Blue and green are tied, overall followed by black. In monocolored decks it might be reasonable to say black and green in multiplayer, but black works much less well as a support color than blue. In French tournament results pretty firmly indicate blue and green being the top tier colors.