The Caesar has marked you for death, and the Legion obeys! Ready yourself for battle!

The Caesar has marked you for death, and the Legion obeys! Ready yourself for battle!

Wrong board buddy.

Jokes on him. I've been trying to die for a few centuries now. I doubt he can do anything to me that hasn't been tried before.

The fuck? I'm Exalted with the Legion. I even repaired his hypocrite-machine so his brain could be fixed. Screw this; I'm going Yes-man.

Who the fuck is this guy? Get this clown some proper armour before the commissar sees him!

Hold up, weren't we meant to be fighting red guys in skirts?

THEN WE SHALL MEET IN HONORABLE COMBAT, CUR.

Oh no. Mentally retarded savages wearing surplus football gear carrying jurry-rigged melee weapons, whatever shall we do?

OH RIGHT, SHOOT THE FUCKS.

No, this guy's from a feudal world. And we're on Cadia.

Death to all tyrants!

No one who pronounces "Caesar" as "Kaiser" deserves to be taken seriously. It's almost as bad as saying Mahnuh instead of Mana.

I thought he was from a death world.

They're twice as good at taking bullets as typical soldiers from his home continent and the typical soldier can take about a dozen bullets. Might not be enough to win a scifi fight but that's still a lot of bullets.

>Pronouncing Caesar as Sesuhr
>The plural of Museum is Museums
>The T in Croissant is pronounced

I agree. The only acceptable way to pronounce Caesar is 'Keesar'.

COME THEN WEAKLING

PERHAPS THE PATHETIC NATIONS OF MEN CAN PROVIDE SKULLS THAT ARE WORTHY OF KHORNE'S THRONE

Oh your so fucked

But Kaisar is legitimately the correct pronunciation, it's just not the one that's purveyed common culture, for some reason.

You've activated my trap card, Trap Hole!

Fuckin' TRY IT.

Will I fight all of the legion at once or you'll 1v1 me til I drop?

GOOD LUCK, I'M STANDING BEHIND 99 BEANBAG SHELLS

Do you know why the last kill-team's remains were found splattered across the desert?

I loaded this bitch with explosive rounds.

>The Vault-boy is actually tipping the fedora in background

>BOOM! Headshot!

Stop with the bullshit and join the line, idiot.

New Vegas needed a scene showing what happens when a bunch of guys charge across open ground against entrenched machineguns.

I said it on the FNV Bethesda forums, I'll say it here. The only reasons the Legion were a threat were:

1: The writers had a hardon for JRPGs.
2: For some unfathomable reason, many developers are devoted to making melee relevant in a world where guns exist.

For the first like three times the Legion sent assassins I was cool with some ammo and stims, but they just got kind of annoying after that.

They do use guns though but that doesn't stop them from being shit

Right...

God, I loved this thing in my luck builds.

Damned feudal worlders. Or were they feral worlders? Either way I'll have this problem dealt with shortly.

Funny looking spear you have there peasant.

*looks at the legionnaire*
"This chummer doesn't seem that tough."
*sets up 2nd Ed Shadowrun Barret M121 HSR sniper rifle with tripod line up shot at a distance take it 14D damage dealt in one shot*
*looks at all the splattered gore left*
"I've fought ghouls with more bite than this chummer"

Me and Boone walked into the camp and fifteen minutes later everyone was dead on the hardest fucking difficulty at what, level 12?

Does anyone react to this?
NOPE!

Does anyone at the NCR even give me a pat on the back?
NOPE!

Does the game proceed as if two people in combat armour and anti-materiel rifles didn't just wipe out everyone?
Fucking yes!

Honestly, was that an oversight? Were they so obsessed with giving the player freedom and keeping them on the rails in equal fucking measure?
Why could I go in and kill everyone, in one of the easiest battles in that entire game and the game Didn't Even Recognise I ever did anything?

All immersion killed in an instant and it made the rest of the fucking game a chore to finish.

Why not even an option to take Caesar's head to the NCR for a few hundred caps or at the very least for someone to even acknowledge I FUCKING KILLED THE BASTARD!

I'm still pissed off about that.

IKR

>mixed IG regiments.jpg

>Honestly, was that an oversight? Were they so obsessed with giving the player freedom and keeping them on the rails in equal fucking measure?

New Vegas was produced in about eight months, end to end, and Bethesda forced them to rush the game out early to meet their imposed deadlines. There's an enormous amount of cut and unfinished content in the game, and the writers have repeatedly stated that they dearly wish they'd been given enough time to actually finish the game they were making.

Given that, it seems a little unfair to criticize NV too harshly, especially since what is there is some of the best RPG writing and worldbuilding we've seen in years.

Blame Shakespeare.

Yeah one great example is to simpily look at how hollow the legion is. Obsidian said they they had to cut a ton of meat out of the legion to so they could make the deadline. Instead of having Ulysses being a companion character that was meant to show you a different perspective of the legion we get the leftover hints of him making him something of a legend that Obsidian felt that had to fulfill, and we know how that went.

For every great crafted story and detail in Fallout NV you also can find another thing that was probably cut out for time. I'd say for the 8 months they had to make the game they did pretty damn well. Would be nice if the dev team could release the scripts or at least the plans they had for what they had to cut so modder could have remade it, but at this point it's too late. The fallout NV modders are for the most part finishing up their current projects before switching over to fallout 4.

The NCR top military leader in the Mohave is an idiot who can't even set up proper defenses against the legion who just used infiltrators sabatores hit teams and all kinda of guerilla warfare

Yes-man is best, man.

Which is why the courier is the only fit leader for the mojave. Or house, if you're okay with being someone's number 2, who doesn't give a shit about the little guy.