Will your character commit the ultimate sacrifice, Veeky Forums?

The time has finally come - your small conglomerate of audacious fools has daringly transversed the dankest darkness of the very veil that separates our world from the realm of darkness. Deranged cultists, otherwordly shadows and nightmares beyond imagination have been slain by your unflinching hand - and now your greatest enemy lies before you, the eldritch abomination of unimaginable power. But beware, for the one who delivers the decisive blow to this monstrosity shall share it's fate, for his very soul will be obliterated - no heavenly reward will await him beyond death, but inescapable horror stretching beyond the exctinction of the last star.

This is the only way. Do you have the strength to do what must be done?

No. Eternal and inescapable damnation sounds way too horrible.

Rip and tear!

Nah, I'll just banish the bitch

If your courage to face death was predicated on your certainty in a heavenly paradise, you cannot be called one of the faithful. Strike without hesitation.

What about "this is the only way" was hard to understand in OP's post?

>no heavenly reward will await him beyond death, but inescapable horror stretching beyond the exctinction of the last star
I don't see any difference from the way I'm living now.

Can you even fucking imagine how boring your world is? And yet, I'm here. Yes, right here, sitting in front of my computer ("my computer" - I can't believe I'm saying this), typing up complaints about my life on some Korean basket-weaving forum.

And I watch and listen to the same fucking shit like every single fucking day. The history of your kind isn't spiral - it's a fucking circle, of the most vicious kind.
Oh, "who am I?" or "why do we live?" and "what should we do?" - shut the fuck up. I'm sick of hearing this shit.

Nothing changes, not a single fucking thing. Ages pass, empires rise and fall, but you people, you keep doing the same fucking things - different cover, same shit contents.
On and on and on and on and on and on.

The greatest of your minds worked together for, like, what, two millennia? Four? Ten? And you still haven't even left your fucking homeworld.
Un-fucking-believable.

And this cargo cult around your sexuality - like, come on.
Yeah, yeah, the birds fly, the bees buzz and all that crap, but you should already grow out of this teenage phase of worshipping your body.
I pity the species with sexual dimorphism who can't grow out of their self-pandering mentality.

And don't even get me started both on scientific method AND religion - you keep propagating this false dichotomy for, like, three centuries - isn't that enough?

You think you know hell? Well, you don't. Or rather, you don't know anything but hell. You don't even have anything to compare it with.
One of your writers - what's-his-name, Sartre, I believe? - said that hell is other people.
I concur - you people are hell. The most boring, bureaucratic, unimaginative, soulless kind of hell.

>eldritchshit
I wasn't playing in your awful game to begin with, OP.

Depends on which character.

Embarrassing

>Bweh, Life on Earth IS hell.

Don't cut yourself with that edge, son.

Of course I do it, I'm playing a hero.

I'LL BEAT THIS ELDRICH MOTHERFUCKER WITH ANOTHER MOTHERFUCKER SO THAT THE MOTHERFUCKER I THREW AT IT COUNTS AS THE SLAYER AND DIES AND I KEEP CONQUERING EVILS HERE

I doubt it. My current character is a coward whom was always so weak he's afraid of everything around him. Half the character revolves around running or hiding to not die. He's so committed to not dying he's not likely to stop even when the stakes are high.

Playing a revenant paladin; oblivion was always my fate. There is no soul left powering this body to corrupt, only memories of hate.

Don't mourn, this means I'm finally done.

So if I kill this thing, does my would cease to exist or does it get tortured forever? Both seem to be implied. And what will this thing do if I don't kill it, anyway? Kill people? Rob a bank? Conquer earth?

Sounds like it's a job for someone else, then.

I'm too goddamned pretty to give it all up.

Honestly? No.

We live in the best of all possible worlds, actually

Nice, I like it.

Attack on Teuton.

Nietzche, Nietsche or whatever his name is spelled (but we gonna call him Nits because that's how you pronounce that german mess) said that the ultimate test of something something was that like, if stuff, you know.

So yeah.

If his soul is obliterated then he ceases to exist so why would he get tortured? If he does that mean his soul survives and we can get our gods to retrieve him. Fuck the GM and fuck your "Lose and lose" situation.

>We live in the second best of all possible worlds, actually
FTFY

So what the fuck is it? Obliteration or Unspeakable Horror?
In any case, give me the sword and point me at the right direction. Because it's the Right Thing To Do.

my first character was an alcoholic hobo who played the guitar. he already made that sacrifice

;_; 7

My character doesn't think they deserve to live. Why else do they spend time in the company of three unlikable wretches they despise, regularly entering dangerous labyrinths and risking annihilation?