Alright, Veeky Forums, I seek your wisdom regarding M:tG...

Alright, Veeky Forums, I seek your wisdom regarding M:tG. A friend of mine told me that newer cards completely outclass the older ones from 20 years ago. He wants to duel me using his "Le Mindskulpt Plansewalkur" deck and wants me to use anything I want from any of the older non-legal sets. You and me both know he's a retarded faggot and that some of the older shit is beyond broken, but so be it.

Give me your best unrestricted trollsiest bullshit combinations, Veeky Forums. And if you know of a card that lets you search a deck for all instances of a particular card and put them into play that would be %1000 appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gb0oP2Jcl-M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> A friend of mine told me that newer cards completely outclass the older ones from 20 years ago.
Build Flash Hulk.

mana drain
yawgmoth's will
ancestral recall
moxen
time walk
force of will
high tide
turnabout
tendrils of agony
timespiral
rewind

you could probably just call that a deck honestly, if you're going unrestricted.

Just play fucking Stax if you want to piss him off.

just play a legacy/vintage deck against him. literally any of them.

Do flash hulk and win during his first turn.

Gemstone Caverns > Flash > Protean Hulk > 4 Disciple of Vault + 4 Phyrexian Marauder + 4 Shifting Wall

gg ez

24x Relentless Rats
4x Bubbling Muck
4x Thrumming Stone
4x Dark Ritual
4x Diabolic Tutor
20x Swamps

Combo out a Thrumming Stone and 1 Rat. GG.

winter orb

if he wants to prove oldschool best school then rats is right out and flash hulk generally hinges on several newish cards, at least

The newest card in Hulk Flash is Protean Hulk from Dissension. How new is new?

Oh wait there's SSG, nvm. You can play without it though.

i'm calling new borders new, that keeps us out of modern too

Anything after 8th edition is new.

Build Necropotence or Trix.

if you want to win on opponent's turn one, gemstone caverns too.

Honestly I'd be thinking Time Spiral is the limit for "new". That's where Planeswalker cards were first mentioned, and it's when The mending happened - it's the pivot point between "weatherlight and phyrexians" magic to "bolas and the jacetice league" magic.

Either build the grindiest Stax bullshit you can or go pure combo and turbo through your deck with Ancestral and Lotus. Either way your friend will never want to play magic with you again, though.

This seems the right path to go along. Yagwill storm is so gross

Channel+fireball is an option too.

literally just run a control deck built to counter him and tell him to kill himself after he rages when you reshuffle your yard into your lib thanks to old eldrazi

Oh, Tolarian Academy is also legal here, and bused as fuck. I'm assuming you are allowed to use proxies here? If not, we can still come up with something busted.

Alright, I'm gonna make you a deck right now. It's horribly untuned, but should still win. May have to change the numbers a bit. It literally doesn't fucking matter.

Business Spells = 8
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Mind's Desire
4 Demonic Tutors
2 Yawgmoth's Will

Card Draw, Cantrips, and Time Walk = 18
4 Ancestral Recall
4 Time Walk
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
2 Time Twister

Mana Acceleration = 22
4 Black Lotus
4 LED
4 Dark Ritual
4 Mox Jet
4 Mox Sapphire
2 Mana Vaults

Protection = 4
4 Duress

Lands = 8
4 Polluted Delta
4 Underground Sea

Might as well play for Ante and run Contract from Below, though you may need to play a second tendrils so you don't get accidentally ante it.

Thank you, Veeky Forums. His tears will be well deserved.

Needs more Necropotence.

You'll update us, right?

I most certainly will.

Srsly. Necropotence is one of the single most busted cards in the entirety of Magic. Play it.

Whatever you play make sure to play 4 strip mine.

Maybe even sinkhole, nothing aggravates people like LD

youtube.com/watch?v=Gb0oP2Jcl-M
relevant

20x Black Lotus
20x Plague Rat