So, is there still a lot of whimsy in Magic the Gathering or is it taking itself too seriously?

So, is there still a lot of whimsy in Magic the Gathering or is it taking itself too seriously?

Would you prefer it to be more ridiculous or less?

Are you kidding me? Characters like Jace are the textbook definition of "taking yourself too seriously".

they need a new unset to lighten things up

its taking itself too seriously.
I could just about accept that we can have an autistic walker that works, but the "look we avengers nao" meme has killed all my hope for interesting narrative. Like jace could go and uncover tamiyos secrets without having to have tea with the rest of the bunch describing how much sorin whined like a bitch when he had to kill avacyn.

Also the fact they didnt work in a black walker actually confirms wizards for not understanding blacks identity.

Players love them. But they aren't players who spend 600 on a set, so they actively lose money.

Make Tamiyo the main character.

Or make Jace hilariously edgy, but that's unlikely since Liliana fucked him over so hard.

What is Teferi

Jace is a cool character though.

He's hot too.

what?

They should introduce a new planeswalker and have Phil Foglio do the art for all the cards of him/her

The story of MTG was way more grimdark and edgy before Jace and his buddies came along.

Read the Urza's Saga and the Weatherlight saga.

he is, but as a jace fanboy they are overmaking him a ton.
It's like wizards can seem to make anyone none-blue fill the role of being the audiences perspective and the person who finds out whats going on on whatever plane we are on.

Here is how I would fix MTG, kill jace off, severely cut back on reoccurring characters. Have each plane be disjointed and have unique flavor.

Be exceptionally careful with new keywords and errata Eldrazi to be artifacts.

I was honestly surprised when WotC decided to make Jace the main character.

I though they'd go for some white knight paladin or something.

Can't complain though. Blue is my favourite colour and Jace is my favourite character.

Though I agree, he is overdone. Part of what made Jace cool was the mystery surrounding him, but now that he's taken off the hood and there are like 5 books written about him the mystery is gone.

We need more books that have Sorin eating goblins.

Urza did what he had to and the multiverse would be a Phyrexian wasteland without him

>Phyrexian wasteland without him
uhhh . . . Urza wasn't on Mirrodin so he couldn't have interacted with the phyrexians

You'll need a better bait to get a you

Teferi is a black man. It was a pun. God. I shouldn't have to explain this shit.

MaRo is neurotic as fuck already, he's gonna snap soon.

Have suffers from overexposure but he's probably the best written Planeswalker at the moment, if you ignore Sorin.

could do with a little more ham tbqhfamalam

Gleemax mental control on them is getting stronger, look for clue in the flavor texts.

Who do you think made Karn in the first place user?