Mortasheen

new monster designs were just released, which at least proves that Boggy hasn't completely forgotten about the project.

So how much data about the actual game is out there? As far as I know, it's scattered in between deviantart posts and old blog announcements, but is there any place where it's all put together?

Other urls found in this thread:

bogleech.com/mortasheen/underfiend.htm
i.imgur.com/XzTpeYr.jpg
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/47442369/
patreon.com/awfulhospital?ty=h
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

chest vagina

reminder that there is an honest to god hentia tentacle monster (and it's name is even derived from Legend of the Overfiend, one of the first tentacle hentia to be released in the west)
bogleech.com/mortasheen/underfiend.htm

He makes them monthly for Patreon, dude.

Boggo's an sjw lolcow but he does what he promises

*DWEEBS* intensifies.

It's all in Cat-Powered Raygun's hands. I've heard they're at about 80-85% completion with the core rules.

Mortasheen is fucking big, and there's a lot of gameplay elements to deal with

I can't help but wonder which monsters will get into the game, or at least the first book.

I'm hoping the Jokers or the Paradimensionals are in there, at least. I know Devilbirds will be in there from the special rules they have.

how the fuck do starter mortasheens work
can you just pick from almost any of them and you just get a weak low level version of it

Part of the game will be monster customization, so starting monsters will probably be weak and unmodded.

??

I personally thought of a grunt when I saw it.

This is the old version if you were not familiar with it.

Post your teams lists. Here is my old one, though I need to revamp it to include some newer monsters. I'd love to include a Barbaletch in particular.

This is not a game. Bogleech guy is just drawing things.

There are no mechanics. There is not even a teat module. It will never be made.

He is a fucking lazy hack, and a mentally ill one to boot.

lots of great artists are lazy, mentally ill hacks.

Oh?

>SJW lolcow

How so?

You're a stupid cuck, bogs been working with a studio for like 2 years.

All of them, to my understanding. If not in the core rulebook, then in subsequent supplements.

Most of it's driven by his wife, who goes out of her way trying to make him more leftist and radical, but bog is very, very, very far left and likes to be heard a lot. Basically, he had a shitty time in school which kind of leveled out into a simmering hatred for normies. He just happened to have the tumblr-brand hate instead of /r9k/ due to where he wound up.

He's a lot more complex and multifaceted in his online persona than a lot of people on that end of the pool, but he is the kind of person who can't go ten minutes without e-drama.

I, being a grown ass man, have reconciled how much I respect his knowledge of monster design and etymology with the distaste I have for some of his views.

He's far left, and he gets in Internet fights a lot.
HHe's actually nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be, although it is somewhat true.

Just because he's gone SJW doesn't mean you get to tell lies about him. He can be politically wonky and self-righteous and still be a cool artist with neat ideas.

I forgot, are base humans playable?
I know 6 of the 7 races, and it would make a little sense to include them, but II'm not sure.

I would be pleasantly suprised if they aren't.

Well 'base' human would just be a pre-death zombie, and given the nature of Mortasheen you probably wouldn't stay that way for long.

the playable races are
>human vampire
>borg
>mutant
>shade
>gillmen
>zombie
>sectillian
so no.

In lore, the only "pure" humans left are xenophobic, mechanically-enhanced foreigners. If I remember correctly, it is almost impossible to communicate with them peacefully since they loath any being from Mortasheen City.

There are multiple isolated human colonies that tend to be completely unware of the world they live in past whatever barrier is between them and the freaks-whether it be mountain or wasteland.

It seems relatively easy to homebrew.
Just take away every advantage and disadvantage your player race gives you, and there's a human.

I wonder if the Wreathbots will be possible to somehow convert and train.

>human vampire

You mean the orrlocks?

I don't actually know what they are; all I know is that Boggy mentioned them once s human vampires and that's all I know about them
he really needs to collect all the info in one place, having to piece this shit together like a god damn jigsaw puzzle is rather frustrating

>You're a stupid cuck
Hey John. Does your wife know you're on Veeky Forums?

There are mind control-based monsters, so it might be possible. Or they could be so indoctrinated that it wouldn't be as useful as usual.

I don't know if this will still be the case, but your characters race (but not class!) has no mechanical effect on the game, it is only for roleplay.
You could play as a standard human, but you would be out of place an probably be hunted down for experimental purposes and eventually not be human anymore.

Borg for best race!

>exposed brain
l-lewd!

Shreeg in it's older designs predates anything for Warframe by at least a decade

I've considered him a friend for the better part of a decade(joined the forums for his site back in 2007 or 2008), and while I will admit he's a bit more to the left than I am, and while I don't agree with everything he says(what two people do?), I agree with enough of it to not understand why some people are so assblasted about him

> Jon
> implying he doesn't think cuck is a compliment

sad, sad little wrongfaggot

It's because of the alt-right circlejerk combined with his addiction to e-drama

If that's the case, then all I need to do is find out what the classes are.

Do you think it will be possible to modify unknown class monsters? I can imagine sticking new limbs in things that shouldn't even be able to exist is rather difficult.

probably. I don't think you could do it with intangible or invisible ones and arkhex but most of them seem to be physical.

>while I will admit he's a bit more to the left than I am, and while I don't agree with everything he says(what two people do?), I agree with enough of it to not understand why some people are so assblasted about him

>I'm only slightly retarded, but i can't understand why i prefer the company of other retards

found the republican

What do you think of the boo men? What's the best one?

easily based Bang

>you will never fug Choak
why live

I like Braek the most, but I don't think I'd want to use any of the Boo Men on my own team, but I think they'd make good NPCs.
Shreech is pretty sweet too.

Looks like a hygogg with a giant nose instead of a face.

Post your favorite Joker-type.

Bogs a dipshit but his art and universes are cool

Let's not have a shitfling in this thread if possible

I really like the direction Big's colored Joker designs are going; they're far less clown themed and more abstractly goofy.

I always kind if disliked how strong the clown theme was, so I always enjoyrd rge cartoony rubber beast look.

>not gillmen
step it up

Sorry waifufags

He gets really preechy from time to time on his blog.

I generally lean more left than right, but I found the smugness of his rant posts too much to handle and stopped keeping tabs on his work despite liking some of designs.

>not shades

All of you are retarded

he's too busy fighting the patriarchy amongst his other sjw faggotry to work on this shit

That's only when revereche is whipping him into shitposting

He puts out content as promised on his patreon at least

Also CPR's in charge of the gamey bits and they're a tiny ass studio making a big ass game

Gill men were created by aquatic vampires as a FOOD SOURCE, and shades or boring and lack the personality of the other races. Borg remain the best of them all.

Shades are a race of NPCs, that's brilliant. They're dry little bastards and I like em.

>wanting yo be a shitty robot
god luck withyour floppy discs

Are you guys gonna have any themed teams when the game comes out? I am

Whail (Phantom of the Opera)
Gilldevil (Gillman)
Grounch (Mummy)
Lesley (Bride of Frankenstein)
Sinister (Dracula)
Victrossus (Frankenstein's Monster)
Volross (Werewolf)
Arkhex (Invisible Man)

I was working on one or two. I had a villain with an "asshole" theme.

All of his monsters were giant douchebags.

I also was working on a radiation themed team for myself.

>Always loved Mortasheen
>Just found out the reason its so behind is because the author has gone full SJW nutcase and spends his time in pointless internet fights.

Well....damn it....

Din't worry, that's not why it's behind.
It's behind because the studio making the Gane is just 3 people who all have dayjobs, and they're trying to make a whole new syst that won't just work for monster fights.

Oh no I don't believe that for a second. I know exactly how much wasted time and energy can go into random internet arguments and yes I would say even if he doesn't realize it. It's exactly why its so behind.

As someone who's known him since before tumblr, he was always like that but was very quiet.
Came from a time on the internet that was super nasty, didn't get a spine until he found tumblr like-minded enough to speak up about stuff.

Its the studio being small and busy, like says. All bogleech really does with the mortasheen game is make art and fluff.

Big isn't making the gane, the studio is. Bog made the concept, the monsters, abd all the fluff, and all of that is most likely finished at this point.
Bog isn't actually doing anything other then that, all of Mortasheen's crunch is handled by the studio. All the time Bog uses to argue about dumb shit is his own free time.

That...doesn't really improve my opinion. If anything that tells me he is too hands off on what he doesn't consider his work to really get the project running. If you are telling me all this stuff on his end is probably done, then its time to get to work on stuff that isn't his end. Or hell start a kickstarter and hirer someone who would.

The original design was a titty monster (hurr) but boogs recent head into ass spelunking adventure made him delete it.

He's played D&D a total of one time and has no idea how pen and paper games work. I think that's a pretty bad idea.

Recent events (not sjw stuff) have sort of changed my opinion of him, so I feel you.

Remember, Cat Powered Studios approached him to make the game. Mortasheen has always just been an excuse to draw monsters to John.

>being so much of a child that you refuse to enjoy something because the creator sucks

P O R N W H E N
O
R
N
W
H
E
N

i.imgur.com/XzTpeYr.jpg
Septacle says hi.

>implying

If there was an actual product, then you'd have a point. That isn't the case. It's just some idiot's monster doodle repository that's kept afloat with vague promises of a game that will never materialize.

Cry harder.

>it exists
holy shit
am I dreaming or has jesus had his second coming

thanks for sharing that.

is there more

Why is John such a dipshit tho?Bogleech was a big part of my childhood but i never got to know the guy,except what i could piece from his articles and whatnot

he's not really all that bad I've heard outside of the sjw shit.

I think he's just really committed to being unusual.

He is a highly opinionated and deceptively arrogant person

Super humbleproud and full of himself

>the slime
won't she get sick from that

I have no idea how you even came to this conclusion? Are you stoned?

I was bemoaning the fact that we appeared to never actually be getting the game because the author was too busy bitching about stupid shit on the internet. It's apparently not the case. But I never "refused to enjoy something" on account of him being an SJW.

So before calling someone a child, learn to fucking read.

What was the asshole team mortasheens?

Dolfury, Revoltile, Depraven, Vespicable, Polka-Dotted Pansyface, Cacchinnox, Obliviote, Bonnagander, Pride, Gloomizer.

you dense motherfucker, bog isn't making the game

CPR is

>Polka-Dotted Pansyface
Still the best name of the Mortasheen monsters. Good team too, very mean.

Anyone else love the theme of dolphin based monsters being the cruelest and "evilest"?

semi-related

damnit i was just about to go to bed

>stomper

that was a good thread, here's the full version; suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/47442369/

>Anyone else love the theme of dolphin based monsters being the cruelest and "evilest"?
I do, I hope we get Zombie, Wormbrain and Bioconstruct Dolphins.

Wormbrain dolphin would have those brain worm parasites and should have an exposed brain that looks like this

>an unkown class dolphin that's a literal demon

patreon.com/awfulhospital?ty=h
new monster concept art.

do you think he'll make this one official?

Obliviote is the Unknown Dolphin.

Most become official sooner or later. I Hope he makes more design revisions though. He should just say fuck it and go down the line. Make 2 new ones per month and 2 revised old ones.