One Man Army

Are there any rpgs that handles mass combat well?

Not the kind of battle where it's army vs army but rather a system where player characters are able to defeat a whole army of goons by themselves and makes it a fast and fun experience.

Minions in 4e? Can be very cinematic.

'fast'

Deathwatch has a horde mechanic, where one Space Marine could potentially take out a horde of normal guys.

We use tabletop simulator and draw the horde as a blob. The blob can move, and it gets smaller as you kill more and more of it.

That sounds really neat. How long does a standard battle take?

>Die in one hit
>Not fast

For scifi bughunts 3:16 Carnage has a neat system for a few grunts vs hordes of weird aliens roughly based on the old traveller range bands. Basically successes and damage remove blips, and the GM has a pool of blips to spread between encounters trying to wear you down. You can also frag your Lt. for a promotion.

Fantasy OSR wise Scarlet Heroes has a cool way of amplifying the power level of a single character so they can go through classic DnD modules on their own. Still dangerous and difficult, but doable. It basically converts damage the heroes do into directly removing hit dice of mobs.

I just don't like DnD.

Different user, but rolling for every enemy separately is far from fast, even if you kill them in single hit - the same thing can be pulled by any fucking system if you "properly" build your PC

It really depends on:
>How new you are
>How many hordes there are
>How big each horde is
>How many players there are
>How attentive your players are
And so on. It's around as fast as DnD, I guess.

why

He fell for the "DnD is shit" meme, when the reality is "DnD is only shit because it has the most amount of inexperienced DMs who are usually shit".

It doesn't support the gaming style I prefer

which is....

give me a full answer

ffs just make out already

I thought it was shit because it was insanely ruld heavy. 600+ pages, no fluff, spells, of monsters, and that the ideal ruleset is 25 pages, max, fluff included.

Have you elegan/tg/entlemen been lying to me?

A fun one.

That's fair, and its mostly controllers who can kill swathes of minions in a single action in 4e. Doing it with a fighter is rather difficult as you'd only be killing three per at-will. It changes when it comes to encounter powers but it isn't controller levels of one-man-army potential.

Who would want to make out with a tranny.

Depends on edition. 3e and 4e are rules heavy. Moldvay basic is super light.

There's OD&D with chainmail, for varying degrees of "fast" and "fun." Get up to hero level and you fight in mass combat as four men, and can see invisible enemies. Reach super-hero level and you fight like eight men, and can drop a dragon out of the sky with an average arrow shot, and normal enemies have to make a morale check or shit themselves and flee the second you step over to them to engage.

Ok, maybe I should be more specific. No fantasy. I'm planning to run a game based on starship troopers (the novel) where you basically start as an elite soldier capable of firing nukes.

So no, I don't want to shoot a dragon out of the sky. I want to obliterate entire colony planets.

I know 3.5 is rules heavy. I just finning running an encounter. It took eight hours.

Exalted 3e

Play Kotor 1, be consular jedi, spam force wave. It's as satisfying as overpowering gets.

pretty sure all sorts of people pay money for that

tfw chasers but no bf to cuddle with

>playing Kotor 2
>My force pool is so massive i can chain lightning indefinitely

That also was fun but they can still sometimes hit you. Force wave makes you untouchable, which I found pretty satisfying while playing both games. I felt like an actual jedi master while my enemies were the red dressed guys who were supposed to be awesome but got thrown away instantly whenever they're in fight with jedis.

Ohhhh that. Yeah, sorry friend. Real human relations and feelings isn't a thing we do here.

We mostly pretend to be wizards who have bfs made of muscles.

I had fun with a dual blaster scoundrel/jedi build my friend recommended. I forget which of the jedi types it is, but one has abilities that synergize well with a 2xblaster scoundrel. It was super fun to Indiana Jones bad guys from the far end of the map.

try warhamer 40k

The force choke totally invalidated KOTOR 2 though. I actually beat the unkillable grey guy without the gimmick you were supposed to use because i never had to stop force choking

>game based on starship troopers
3-16 - Carnage Among the Stars!
> (the novel)
I guess maybe still 3-16 - Carnage Among the Stars would work

Try master force speed, master flurry with highest damage crystals. In Kotor 1 I killed Malak in a single round with this. In a single round you hit 6-12 times depending on your weapon in this arrangement.

Me. Those carnival trannies are hotter than women even if you're sober and can be subs so you don't feel all that homo.

Found the virgin

Anima BF has the crowd rules, it basically turns the mob into a singular harder thread giving them some benefits like flanking, etc

Not him but:
1. A long long series of bad experiences with awful players and GMs (together with WoD they have the worst fanbase)
2. Needs a lot of fixing unless the players and GM are experts in the subject
3. It doesn't do every setting well, only hack and slash medieval fantasy

Yeah, my group is really enjoying Exalted 3e. Whether any of you folks will is probably going to be highly individual, though.

>the ideal ruleset is 25 pages, max, fluff included.
What the fuck.

Well, there is a Starship Troopers RPG. No idea what it's like, though.

Either Exaled 3e or Mutants and Masterminds 3e

Interestingly, the Chronicle system (A Song of Ice and Fire RPG) actually does this reasonably well. The warfare and combat rules appear to be totally separate systems, but a single unit can participate in warfare and treat it like combat if he likes. If he's sufficiently badass he can carve through 100 men in one "round"

Fuck that. Virgins are much more strict about the no trannies thing out of some kind of pride.

Reign has a mechanic for Unworthy Enemies.

S-sauce?

Go kill yourself loser. Maybe you'll finally get something right and do the job correct the first time through and not bother everyone with your "I tried to kill myself but I'm such a waste of space I couldn't even do that right" crying.

Wow rude.

Savage Worlds is good for this. Combat is simple and fast, and most enemies are "extras" (as opposed to "wild cards" like the PCs and major villains.)

The PC party vs. 30 extras would be a reasonable combat, and would probably be no longer than a regular D&D combat.

How is liking those hot trannies being a virgin? As long as she's bottom and it is carnaval, fuck it.

I got it here on Veeky Forums.

This

Also what truly amazed me is the mass combat system of savage worlds.
You can have a global planetary war that lasts 1h IRL.
Never tested it but I want to.