DM has stated he's going to force everyone into a bathouse scene

>DM has stated he's going to force everyone into a bathouse scene
How do I tell this guy it's not appropriate?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1SB0jsx34bWHZWbnNIVVuMjhDkrdFGo1_hSC2BWPlI3A/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=UIBU121yaBs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Personal hygiene
>Not appropriate
A shower is a core requirement of sitting at my table.

by going along with it and out-realming his magical realm

Is your game Japanese themed? If yes then just pull out the huge list of manga and anime cliches and it'll be easy.

See, this is why an ideal party ALWAYS has a robot/skeleton/other thing where most hypothetical scenarios would fall apart on if they were introduced into the mix.

Even if it's where everyone else is otherwise human, having a gimmick character allows you to shoot this stuff down with ease.

Though for your case just say that it's against your character's religion or something.

>Bathing
>Not appropriate

>Is your game Japanese themed?
Or Scandinavian themed. Or Roman themed. Or even late medieval themed. There are so many cultures with a tradition of public bathing it's silly that anyone would consider it inappropriate (assuming the genders are split).

Don't you ever wash your car?

You go up and tell him that it makes you uncomfortable. If you don't want to say it to his face, send an email. Just make sure that he has a chance to reply.

If he threatens to kick you from the game over your complaining, make sure that the other players are aware of his ultimatum then leave the game.

If he says that he's still going to force it, you need to think about how uncomfortable it makes you. You need to decide between:
- Just putting up with it.
- Sending an ultimatum that, should he go through with it, you will leave the game. An ultimatum you should only make if you are willing to follow through with it. If possible, you need to leave the moment it happens, stopping only to hand the other players a printout of the emails you exchanged with him.

But those kinds of scenes would get a fade to black because nothing of importance happens there.

OP needs to go into more detail about what exactly his GM is going to force on the players. Though I suspect anime-influence, possibly the 'bathing' scene getting uncomfortably sexual.

"Hey, let's not do that."
"How does that tie into the plot?"
"I do not wish to participate in that."
Or the old standby
"If that's going to take up most of a session, I think I'll skip out."

But seriously,
"I don't think that's appropriate."

What is particularly inappropriate about it?
Honestly, if he's insistent, I'm guessing he's trying to force a scene where your characters are unarmed and unarmored for once. Stop playing paranoid murderhobos and he wouldn't have to.

Why is it not apropriate? Is he going to make you fuck each other or describe your exposed genitals or something?

I can think of loads of bath house scenes where nudity is not the point of the scene.

Nice, a scenery in where my monk can shine, it was about damn time

State your PC genitals are disturbing in the extreme, a loopdeloop cock with three balls, a clitoris that needs a perception chexk to not be confused for an above average penis, labia that is constantly dripping nondescript(possibly nonsexually) fluids
A hemipenis curse, etc,ect.
Devil is in the disturbing details, must be described in a neutral impassive tone.

>But those kinds of scenes would get a fade to black because nothing of importance happens there.
>Deep conversations that develop character don't take place when two men expose themselves to eachother in their most natural and vulnerable state

>Though I suspect anime-influence, possibly the 'bathing' scene getting uncomfortably sexual.
If OP's DM wasn't a total faggot, he'd go for a Roman/Renaissance inspired kind where men of influence gather and discuss influential stuff. You could always have the barrier collapse with a loud KYAAA~ afterwards. Or maybe the young widow who runs the bath house "accidentily" leads the party to a private bath, and "accidentily" joins them.

Is this actually that bad? If you're personally uncomfortable with it that's one thing, but bathing isn't exactly sexual.

>Spectator
>Bitching about someone else having fun

Go enjoy being on the sidelines faggot.

Sorry user, everybody is armed

I'm not sure what the problem is. Does the concept of nudity trigger you or something?

Ok, I was wrong in saying that nothing of importance happens there.

I note that what you suggest doesn't need to describe the bathing part much. Probably not a scene I'd run while I'm GMing, but if I'm playing and the GM decides to do it I wouldn't say anything.

>But those kinds of scenes would get a fade to black because nothing of importance happens there.

But what if a fight breaks out?

Amazing, feels barbarian.

>Tfw we refugeed the romans and now its our turn.

Carry that hidden blade in your asshole for the inevitable attack of the ninjas, son.

God damnit it's like you're new at this whole adventuring thing or something.

Alternatively, take your DM's head and push his face into your armpit to assert dominance.

What is that fruit cslled, looks nice!

Ok, this is a really nice way to deliver a point.

Thermae Romae

Thanks, I hope its a long one.

It would be amazing.

There's three volumes of it (about 400 pages each). They also made two movies and an anime.

Why is this comic so interesting?

>slavs

Well...germanics were a mixture of all kind of tribes...even later slavic ones.

Also russia was founded by bikings...so I guess this counts?

The only scene that should ever be forced is the opening scene. It would have only been acceptable if he started the party off by meeting in a bath house, which would actually be a nice variation on the "begin by meeting in a tavern" trope.

>mysterious hooded figure skulking in the shadowy corner
>except he doesn't have a hood because he's in the bath
>he's only in the corner of the bath so the rest of the party can still group up around him
>and the bath house is well lit.

Thanks for that user, Time Loops and Jumping are my favorite game type.

You forgot the part about steam being everywhere so light wouln't help much.

>You all meet in a sauna.
>So what's the giant bear dude druid doing here and how is he still alive?

What?!Amazing!

In what setting/system?

If you can't find a way to make a scene such as that ludicrously uncomfortable by deadpanning your characters actions, then you sir can not see an opportunity for hilariousness. by making it uncomfortable to the DM that is.

Take a joke asshole.

Lets start with square one, what's your argument that it's not appropriate?

Historically European bathhouses were a place where inter-class and informal socialization and off the record deal making occurred, there is plenty of shit that can go down that would be considered "important"

>I note that what you suggest doesn't need to describe the bathing part much
This is pretty much why I think you're sperging out over nothing, it actually wouldn't be too hard to have a scene set there where the DM doesn't really describe anything inappropriate

This was a very interesting read.

I like it.

>DM has stated he's going to force

Fukken dropT.
There are too many good GMs to settle for Veeky Forums caricatures like this.

>unarmed and unarmored for once

Apocrypha about Musashi Miyamoto wouldn't accept that shit and neither should you.

sounds like it's time for the "X-Card"
docs.google.com/document/d/1SB0jsx34bWHZWbnNIVVuMjhDkrdFGo1_hSC2BWPlI3A/edit

OP, why are you even so buttflustered about bathhouse scene?

He's a barbarian

>Stop playing paranoid murderhobos and he wouldn't have to.
If they're playing D&D, it was literally designed for paranoid murderhobo.

>Secret of Evermore
FUCK YEAH

Agreed with everything you said. If it weren't for my Warforged being woefully naive of human sexuality, we wouldn't have had any of the levity that made the more sexual scenes (like searching for a specific person in a crowded brothel) in the eberron game I played fun and lighthearted rather than needlessly realmy.

>Everyone else is bathing
>Robot is being turtlewaxed
>Skeleton is in a giant rub of milk

It's actually a big problem, particularly in northern Japan, that Russian sailors show up at the hot springs and act like total hooligans. A bunch of springs are just straight up closed to all foreigners because the Slavs don't know how to be polite.

>If possible, you need to leave the moment it happens, stopping only to hand the other players a printout of the emails you exchanged with him.

That seems incredibly overdramatic.

just wear a fucking burka and get in the water.

Is someone in the group scared of bats or something? Maybe ask him to change it to a birdhouse or something

Made me chuckle
+1

This. A bathhouse scene can work fantastically if done properly and not just done for cheap excuse to show of naked/near naked bodies.

"Oh you dropped your soap."
nudge nudge

>GM has this sweet story arc planned where your characters witness a murder/some intrigue or some bollocks and he needs a way to avoid you jacking a nigga from the get go.
>Everyone assumes its magical realm.

Mate I'm running a game based on a fantasy equivalent of the Silk Road, where turkish baths are the only baths.
The PCs meet their contacts there since no one can bring in weapons.
The Monk/brawler gets to feel bad ass because he can slap people with his dick.
And its a place they know well, know the layout of and basically can use as a public meeting place repeatedly, since its so well known.
Its basically perfect and my group thinks its a riot, stop being an uninspired pussy and get on the massage table.

I just read a comic about bathing, and I learned something. I feel weird.

Perhaps the problem is that his butt, quite literally, got flustered in a public bathhouse.

>Carry that hidden blade in your asshole for the inevitable attack of the ninjas, son.

And risk cutting yourself as you insert/remove the blade ?

Better to hide a gun up there.
youtube.com/watch?v=UIBU121yaBs

>Also russia was founded by bikings
> bikings

I am going to use that next time I do some worldbuilding.

>started the party off by meeting in a bath house
I might do that next time I run a game. I can trust the players around here to keep a mixed gender bathing scene non-sexual.

Especially a Dark Heresy game. Their Inquisitors choice of location for their first meeting does say things about the Inquisitor, even if the players/PCs might not get the symbolism.

>bathouse
>bat house
okay

Go along with it and have a simple social rewind with the party, but if GM tries to go magical realm simply refuse to indulge in it. It's that simple.

>those gook cave-paintings
>implying that only gooks and Romans know how to properly bathe
Most Germanic tribes had better hygiene traditions then Rome. Roman thermae were (and weeb onsen ARE) unsanitary as fuck, as people share water volume together which allows for diseases to easily spread, no matter how well you scrubbed yourself beforehand, which tribals understood, and refused to partake in Roman bathing traditions, preferring their own ways of individual bathing.

Nordics and slavs had the most correct idea with sauna and banya, which allowed them to avoid all the major epidemics of plague and typhus until they were westernized.

And obviously, that does not include soldiers, of ANY nation or ethnicity, since military campaigns allowed little opportunity for bath, and therefore professional soldiers of any kind of any era up until the modern times is absolutely guaranteed to have awful hygiene.

This is great. In the second chapter when he gets given a Yukata and then just wraps it around like a Toga while the bathhouse keeper looks on in confusion is brilliant.

Looks like a bunch of dick stroking for Japanese culture, but then again what country doesn't do that for themselves.

>Looks like a bunch of dick stroking for Japanese culture, but then again what country doesn't do that for themselves.
I don't think I've ever seen a pieve of Japanese reflection on their culture or history that did not end up as a session of autofellatio.

I believe that japs are fundamentally incapable of seeing their culture as anything other than incomparably awesome and are worse in that regard than even Americans, unless someone proves me otherwise.

>I believe that japs are fundamentally incapable of seeing their culture as anything other than incomparably awesome and are worse in that regard than even Americans, unless someone proves me otherwise.

Why do cucks like you think it's wrong to glorify and love your own culture?

>Why do cucks like you think it's wrong to love your own culture
It's not wrong. But loving does not mean "seeing it as objectively superior and refusing to acknowledge it's shortcomings, which are universally numerous". I love my motherland, but I also see where our people are largely fucked up and why others may have legit reasons to hate us.

>glorify
And that is nothing but pure dick stroking.

>It's not wrong.
>But I get pissy over it anyway because they aren't self-hating cucks like me
>I-I swear it's just me being "neutral" and "intellectual," though!

Whatever bro. Nobody cares about nips making media glorifying nip culture for other nips. Everybody except degenerate, rootless globalists should be able to appreciate the value of "dickstroking" your own culture.

>But I get pissy over it anyway because they aren't self-hating cucks like me
Self-hate and self-awareness are two different things, user. World could be a lot better if people stopped trying to be something they are not

>Nobody cares about nips making media glorifying nip culture for other nips
I care. Cause it's bullshit. I'm not going to force them to stop doing it, but I am going to shit all over it.

>Everybody except degenerate, rootless globalists should be able to appreciate the value of "dickstroking" your own culture
Nationalism got BTFO half a century ago user, when rootless degenerates raped Berlin, forcing it's denizens to realize that their dickstroking has replaced their perception of reality.

>I'm going to shit all over it because the idea of a culture thinking itself better than others triggers me

Whatever bro.