I'm down with something nasty and will be in bed for a few days. Since this means I'll be resting and watching movies...

I'm down with something nasty and will be in bed for a few days. Since this means I'll be resting and watching movies, I'd ask Veeky Forums to give me some cool titles to spend my sick leave.

I'm recently into a bit grittier, yet not full-fark sci-fi/fantasy genre and I'd appreciate titles similar to Mad Max: Fury Road, Cloverfield road 10, The Witch, Sleepy Hollow, Cloverfield (the one with the monster), The last Witchhunter and alike ... Can be less known movies, since I know most of mainstream so far.

thanks guys

The Mighty Ducks.

Seconded

Surrogates.

/Thread

You seen Blade Runner?

Ghosts of Mars

OP here.

Lol, looks fun. Will check it out.

I did.

Cool. Don't know this one.

How have you not seen the mighty ducks before?

>I'm down with something nasty
I've had girlfriend like that once. She's in a nut house now. Don't stick your dick in crazy.

Dark City is a good film.

Burn After Reading was pretty good.

If you don't have an issue with animation (both Japanese and western), here are some recommendations:
Ghost In the Shell (a perhaps most stylish cyberpunk of all times)
Sky Crawlers (a "meditative" retro-sci-fi from the guy who made Ghost In the Shell)
Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea (two absolutely brilliant fairytales inspired by Irish folklore)
Anything by Hayao Miyazaki (Naushicaa, Laputa, Mononoke, Spirited Away and Howl are probably the most inspiring for table-top intentions)
The Fabulous world of Jules Verne (a old animated movie that basically defined steampunk aesthetics)

There is also a fantastic fairytale-ish japanese animated show called Mushi-shi. It's basically a medical drama with a supernatural spin.

John Dies at the End

Moon.
Cipher, if you're in the mood for cyberpunkish
Screamers is neat.

All of these are especially good if you like Phillip K Dick stuff. Screamers is based on his short story, Second Variety.

Seconding Moon, one of the best mystery movies I've seen and also very comfy to watch. It was directed by David Bowie's son also

A Scanner Darkly is philip k dick missing his dead drug friends, sort of goofy, sort of sad, rotoscoped.

Let The Right One In, actually well done vampires, don't watch the american remake ffs.

This Gun For Hire, it a noir film, early criminal antihero, really good.

Both Solaris movies are worth watching for different space things. The tarkovsky one takes a bit though.

The Europa Report has some interesting work with found footage of a decently hard-for-tv-scifi space voyage.

Sunshine gets a bad rap, but its actually pretty good.

thanks guys. Just came back from doctor, I'm not dying (yet). But I'll need to roll a few Fort saves in future days.

Motherfucking Zardos

2010 is a quite good, and actually kinda spoopy, hardsci.
Much better than 2001 imo.

War of the Worlds is not a good War of the Worlds movie in regards to the Sci Fi, but its a decent drama thing with really nice special effects.

I guess the original War of the Worlds was pretty focused on the urban apathy towards the strange.

I remember not liking it when it came out, but when I saw it recently I saw it in a different light.

The Fly
Videodrome

Brazil
Time Bandits

The Thing from Another World
They Live

Brave New World
Equilibrium

Outland
Solyaris

Sunshine was amazing, kappa

Sunshine is visually elaborate but has neither plot nor pacing. It is the movie that will tell you who has a sense for visual art, and who is impressionable by Hollywood magic.

There is an indy film called Moon I enjoyed recently.

Kill this non tg/ related thread plz!