Post songs/albums you could make entire settings about

Post songs/albums you could make entire settings about.

youtube.com/watch?v=yf9OAFML_Eg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WU2e0W40U0U
youtube.com/watch?v=rZUppxT38Zk
youtube.com/watch?v=KD0JuJr0a4I
youtube.com/watch?v=NKpIkOXgAmg
youtube.com/watch?v=mCHUw7ACS8o
youtube.com/watch?v=PjKI_U9ENwU
youtube.com/watch?v=NiHpfugCboI
youtube.com/watch?v=IkRl84KdHcU
youtube.com/watch?v=w34fSnJNP-4
youtube.com/watch?v=3WDRxtd-2dQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-mO7vkdkJhg
youtube.com/watch?v=fNdMC6_eUGk
youtube.com/watch?v=cYlxQ77crSU
youtube.com/watch?v=uggrc_rcpm0
youtube.com/watch?v=OlkH687M4YM
youtube.com/watch?v=ud6LiVJkwyA
youtube.com/watch?v=408tWOubRDM
youtube.com/watch?v=YsiAsTa0oEI
youtube.com/watch?v=zzSwozTgXT4
youtube.com/watch?v=BgIuUyAUxaw
youtube.com/watch?v=a_exRMuMCrs&index=1&list=PL9noMrEZANWX6J7QHO0TDiHZJ9-zt8EO0
youtube.com/watch?v=OrR1TGQY20Y
dadmusic.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=lck78CHdD9c
youtube.com/watch?v=kFafKvgpIRo
youtube.com/watch?v=v1xaTsX3xsE
youtube.com/watch?v=iKkgCqmjWJY
youtube.com/watch?v=KOfNULiaLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=EXtFSOPFS8k
youtube.com/watch?v=mUnMOG8xKsg&index=7&list=PLb4p1PQg75frDrheyGlPddDX5A0oc5O89
youtube.com/watch?v=bsUBm2M5rIY
youtube.com/watch?v=l_3GQu7dm-I
youtube.com/watch?v=9v3dp6CkIZk
youtube.com/watch?v=-qxa91EwFco
youtube.com/watch?v=89F5fpvwPr0
youtube.com/watch?v=AZm1_jtY1SQ
youtu.be/6JlQkiumSTs
youtu.be/PjKI_U9ENwU
youtube.com/watch?v=q29bweNyGjM
youtu.be/YumSKgWCO1c
youtube.com/watch?v=oAncODpky6E&list=PLb4p1PQg75frDrheyGlPddDX5A0oc5O89&index=27
vimeo.com/15103971
youtu.be/eY-Q8oPzOhA?t=55s
youtube.com/watch?v=K7y2xPucnAo
youtube.com/watch?v=l7iVsdRbhnc
youtu.be/qP7StTfEDqw?t=49s
youtu.be/dFLr6OM_hS4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Starts off interesting, but the fucking rap is just terrible.

youtube.com/watch?v=WU2e0W40U0U
youtube.com/watch?v=rZUppxT38Zk
I've actually build entire worlds based that music.

I guess you must really hate Hip-Hop since this is one of the best ones you listen too.

youtube.com/watch?v=KD0JuJr0a4I

I do. And yes, it's actually one of the better things within the genre that I've heard. Also, for some reason it REALLY reminded me of those pointless and token rap sections in Gorillaz songs from the late 90's.
But my problem with the genre if pretty fundamental. At the ABSOLUTE best it's a poorly presented decent poetry. As music, it's always, without exception, a travesty.

>it REALLY reminded me of those pointless and token rap sections in Gorillaz songs from the late 90's

Funny you mention that since the rapper Deltron was the person behind those token rap sections.

I used to extremely hate hip-hop until I listened to this youtube.com/watch?v=NKpIkOXgAmg I agree you have to find shit to find the gold. Over the years I kinda learned that you gotta expand your horizons with other genres of music.

I'll never take the opinion of someone who disregards entire genres of music seriously.

Especially this song:

youtube.com/watch?v=mCHUw7ACS8o

youtube.com/watch?v=PjKI_U9ENwU

Pretty much every Sword album except High Country, though Warp Riders seems tailor made for this.

youtube.com/watch?v=NiHpfugCboI

I thought this was furry metal when I 1st saw it

youtube.com/watch?v=IkRl84KdHcU

>Funny you mention that since the rapper Deltron was the person behind those token rap sections.
Makes sense. As for expanding my horizons: that is kinda the thing - when I learned all that music can offer, I found hip-hop even more insufferable. Call it snobbism, but I find the music just insanely lazy. Again: I can work with the idea that it's not really music, it's poetry. But then I'd definitely rather read than have to suffer listening it it. Because musically it's just... awful.

I remember something I haven't listened in ages though, and it's somewhat Veeky Forums related:
youtube.com/watch?v=w34fSnJNP-4
youtube.com/watch?v=3WDRxtd-2dQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-mO7vkdkJhg
youtube.com/watch?v=fNdMC6_eUGk
The quality is god awful, but the atmosphere of these songs is pretty fucking amazing.

Speaking of Deltron 3030 and Gorillaz:

youtube.com/watch?v=cYlxQ77crSU

>I'll never take the opinion of someone who disregards entire genres of music seriously.
Shame. I understand why such attitude would be unpopular. But then again: some things might be flawed at their very principle. Which does not mean they don't on rare occasions produce good stuff: it's just that in some genres, in some formats, good things emerge DESPITE the nature of the genre, rather than as a logical product of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=uggrc_rcpm0

>Greater daemon of Tzeentch.jpg

On that note:
youtube.com/watch?v=OlkH687M4YM
youtube.com/watch?v=ud6LiVJkwyA

He was the rapper in lots of gorillaz songs, so that could have something to do with it (ya dingus).

or the opposite could be true. I find the musicality of hip-hop, especially jazz based hip-hop, to be wonderful.

youtube.com/watch?v=408tWOubRDM

I always found this game setting interesting especially the "Capture the Ghost" mode

I find the notion of jazz based hip-hop an oxymoron by definition. Jazz is mostly based on technical mastery of the instruments, with extreme musical complexity being a key elements. Hip-hop is by definition the least complex music in existence. The thing that I find even more annoying about it is it's insanely parasitic nature. 99% of all existing hip-hop music is taking a work of someone vastly more talented than you are, and then aggressively reciting text into it. Mostly fucking awful text, though I do admit I've heard (or more precisely read) few hip-hop songs which were, literally speaking, decent enough. Sadly, the annoying and completely retarded format in which it's presented, existing as a form of verbal assertion of dominance, made even the most beautiful lyrics sounds like a nigger trying to prove his inability to get a job somehow speaks in his favor.

On the topic of rap

youtube.com/watch?v=YsiAsTa0oEI

Everytime I listen to this album I just think of a bunch of black Ronin going across Japan.

To be fair, every good Wu Tang album should evoke those kinds of thoughts.

I feel like someone has used this same type of argument against vaporwave before youtube.com/watch?v=zzSwozTgXT4

As a guy who came in here to get mad at the anti-rap guy, Wu Tang is pretty overrated senpai. Not bad, but I would not use that as a tool of conversion.

It's clear he cant be converted. There is no point in trying. Just move on and post music that would fit the OP.
youtube.com/watch?v=BgIuUyAUxaw

What's that one album by that band that's like "Space 1935," or something? It's a space opera about chaos wizards and shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=a_exRMuMCrs&index=1&list=PL9noMrEZANWX6J7QHO0TDiHZJ9-zt8EO0

I used to hate vaporwave and now it is my guiltiest pleasure

This sounds like future synth which is basically a sub genre of vapor wave.

youtube.com/watch?v=OrR1TGQY20Y

more like trillhouse

What about this:
dadmusic.bandcamp.com/

I think I just like the video game sound of the synth
youtube.com/watch?v=lck78CHdD9c

youtube.com/watch?v=kFafKvgpIRo
The Last Starfighter x Star Kid x Masters of the Universe

If we're talking about rap, you can't beat the occult/conspiracy sub-genre of rappers in terms of weird content.

youtube.com/watch?v=v1xaTsX3xsE
youtube.com/watch?v=iKkgCqmjWJY
youtube.com/watch?v=KOfNULiaLHg

youtube.com/watch?v=EXtFSOPFS8k

I would hope no one is trying to convert him. Conversion doesn't happen by random people on the internet unless you have no solid opinions of your own. However, regardless of conviction, you can always provide counter-arguments

On topic, I've always wanted to run a weird, spacy kind of modern game set in my hometown of Detroit (but probably with a more Deus Ex style near-future look). I've been compiling a playlist of tracks that I personally like, and almost every one already has given me a vision of what the setting should be like if that track plays in the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=mUnMOG8xKsg&index=7&list=PLb4p1PQg75frDrheyGlPddDX5A0oc5O89

>youtube.com/watch?v=KOfNULiaLHg
What the fuck, is that Leonard Nimoy doing the intro?

I literally don't have a strong enough fedora tipping image to post as a reaction. You are discrediting a very strong genre of music because you imagine it all falls into your poorly designed box, which you seemingly constructed after listening to the worst the genre has to offer. It's like discrediting rock music because you heard nickleback first and think every rock song is just derivative drivel because of it.

>concept record about the fucking annihilation of mankind and earth
Would be great for the Apokalypse wargame.
youtube.com/watch?v=bsUBm2M5rIY
If you're not a fan of NĂ–ISE, try the last track @09:52, it's a little more postrock (and longer than the rest of the album).

>Gramatik

My N word

youtube.com/watch?v=l_3GQu7dm-I

Despite the eye-rolling idolization by white hipsters everywhere, I feel like Death Grips makes for a good sonic backdrop in a Shadow Run. Personally, I find it complements the Blame! RPG flawlessly.

I got ahead of myself. I'd say their 'No Love, Deep Web' album in particular embodies the vibe of an endless, dystopic cyber dungeon.

youtube.com/watch?v=9v3dp6CkIZk

Beware is pretty amazing as well. Perfect theme song for a game of Black Crusade.

youtube.com/watch?v=-qxa91EwFco

>dat charles manson intro

youtube.com/watch?v=89F5fpvwPr0

Death Grips seems perfect for a Delta Green campaign

don't judge my preference

youtube.com/watch?v=AZm1_jtY1SQ

You make me sad.

Have one of my favorite hip hop songs.
youtu.be/6JlQkiumSTs

Anyway, on topic, this album would make a really insane campaign youtu.be/PjKI_U9ENwU

And yes, /mu/, I know the sword isn't very good. Sue me.

>/mu/ hates the sword

Wa what?

According to them, it's basically just bland derivative doom/stoner metal. Which admittedly, it kinda is, but it's also really not bad and I like them a lot.

At least, pre-High Country. I wanted to like High Country, but just couldn't. Kudos to them for trying out a new sound though.

Why can't Carmen Miranda's Ghost be on spotify?

Probably.

He did a fuckton of Ancient Aliens style pseudo-documentaries back in the 20th century.

>it's basically just bland derivative doom/stoner metal.
But I happen to like how cheesy and over-blown a lot of their songs are. They're fun to listen to.

I think I judge movies too much based off of their soundtracks.

like, they WILL make or break a movie for me.

I used to think I was a cinephile, and while I do appreciate good cinematography and directing it kinda hit me recently that film scores are the real draw for me.

Sort off a cop out since this has a backstory already but I like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=q29bweNyGjM

shit man I already fell in love with this god dammit

Me too, just explaining why /mu/ claims they aren't good.

I based an entire CoC campaign off this song youtu.be/YumSKgWCO1c

I would also love to run some weird satanic diesel punk based on Ghost's most recent album.

>47670694

My father loved this shit thanks for reminding me user

>a weird, spacy kind of modern game set in my hometown of Detroit (but probably with a more Deus Ex style near-future look)
Not to be pedantic but isn't Human Revolution literally set in a near-future Detroit for about a third of the game?

Yes exactly, but I don't necessarily want to play in Deus Ex:HR the RPG. Just something very close.

youtube.com/watch?v=oAncODpky6E&list=PLb4p1PQg75frDrheyGlPddDX5A0oc5O89&index=27

>badmouths del the funkee homosapien
>posts some anime bullshit

shameful

On Your Mark

vimeo.com/15103971

Maybe something a bit more cerebral would help?

youtu.be/eY-Q8oPzOhA?t=55s

youtube.com/watch?v=K7y2xPucnAo

youtube.com/watch?v=l7iVsdRbhnc

A setting where US Presidents are actually superhumans.

Eyedea & Abilities is always kinda good for head fuck unknown armies games:

youtu.be/qP7StTfEDqw?t=49s

This album makes me want to build a world very similar to ours but with all kinds of bizarre distortions

That is a god-awful song, but the video is bloody amazing and yet another reason I'm so sad Miyazaki never took up the courage to do more adult-oriented stories and movies. Between this, Naushicaa the manga and Shuna, Miyazaki actually shows amazing talent at firefights, post apocalyptic worlds, weird terrifying religious cults, violence and action.

>That is a god-awful song
it's pretty good

It's really quite bad. I first saw the footage from "On your mark" in some spoof video, replaced with Chinese 90's coca cola add music and it sounded better than the original.
That said, the animation and the visual portion of it is divine.

>>posts some anime bullshit
You haven't even listened to the music, have you. Saw an anime face and went for the insult... Hisaishi Joe is one of the best contemporary Japanese classical composers along side being the most popular soundtrack composer.
The main difference between him and your average hip-hop cretin is that he actually knows how to play an instrument and how to write notes.

lmao calm down u weeaboo

del the funkee homosapien has more talent in his pinkie fingertip than your joe hisashi does in his entire body

Yes. Nothing takes more talent than dispassionately droning over a beat sample stolen from a more talented author.

Hip-hop is nothing more than a huge celebration of mediocrity.

don't you have an anime soundtrack to listen to while playing some neptunia game haha

Look, I get that you are trolling, but this is really beyond pathetic. You should work on your bait some more.

youtu.be/dFLr6OM_hS4

You mean the only mode? There's no other mode.

Source: Have played NT religiously since launch like 9 years ago... dedgame.

Is that music somehow related to Yes? Because that sounds so much like Yes that it's not even funny.

Scratch that, I just googled (properly) the name.

My first search threw me John Anderson rather than Jon Anderson, that is why I could not find the link. Never mind. Good music, prog-rock has always been the king of 20th century. Cheers.

I'd play it. I'd play the fuck outta it.

I seriously just thought the game was so dead the hardcore players just stuck with that one mode.

Holy shit this. I want to make a world split in two by one god and each world is a different viewpoint on the same events. Through most of the game the PCs wouldn't even know they've been hopping dimensions until some contradictory information comes up about something pivotal.

Might be too cerebral for my players but I can dream.