Replace Necrons in 40k with the Gem Homeworld. Assuming they are buffed or nerfed to fit in more, what happens?

Replace Necrons in 40k with the Gem Homeworld. Assuming they are buffed or nerfed to fit in more, what happens?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XKpQ_FwoPAU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>>/TV/

FTFY

You know how the centurions have those meat grinder melee weapons? Well I guess any drill based weapon is needed now

>/tv/.
>For a /co/ thread.
Both you lads are twits. And not in a good way.

I don't know what you are talking about so I'm just going to shit this thread up

Replace angry robot men with rock lesbians.
Discuss.

youtu.be/XKpQ_FwoPAU

The setting is down by one interesting faction

Why? It a shit topic even by Veeky Forums standards.

From what we've seen, with the Gem Homeworld's capability (and experience using) Exterminatus level weapons, I'd say they'd fit right into WH40K's powerlevels. Honestly, considering how grimderp they're supposed to be, creating their people by killing planets I'd say they fit right in thematically as well.

But they're too centralized to be Necrons. If you replaced the Tau with them then there'd likely be little to no change within the setting.

>Steven universe teaches us that even if we come to understand someone, we can still hate them.
Sounds like it will fit right in with 40K!

So basically you're saying they remove necrons? Since I don't think they're gonna INTRODUCE an all female faction after what happened to the sisters

They have intergalactic travel black hole/darkmatter/whatever engines so they are much faster where they want to be.

Also they would survive any exterminatus that doesn't blows up the planet into smithereens

>one charismatic human manages to sway them to serve the Imperium

>Implying the gempire would serve organics
There might be a band of freaks and outcasts who try to flee from the glory of homeworld but their resistance is futile

The Gems are more of mineral nids, stripping planets bare of their valuable minerals to create more of them

Aren't /co/ and Veeky Forums very closely net together? Theres always room for exchange and discussion and it would not be the first first 40k powerlevel vs whatever thread.

Also I think some user made a Steven Universe 5e D&D template. So as a setting there is defenitly room for it on Veeky Forums. If discussed correctly.

Mixed with Necrons and Eldar. Like a Necrontr, Eldar, and Genestealer had a threesome.

>Rose was gene stealing
kek

The Gems come across as a Level 2 civilization as far as I have seen.

At the height of their power the necrontyr were almost definitely a Level 3 civilization.

Probably. Then Greg slayed her with his Emprah blessed murdercock.

I always thought of the gempire as being more like the Imperium, but I digress.

Would/should gems be connected to the Warp somehow? Or should they be allowed to bypass needing it for their travel/powers?

>What if they fused with an Ork

Homeworld has at least one galaxy under its control, for they expanded their colonies into the milky way.
But It's unclear how densly they colonize

I fucking HATE Steven Universe.

Thank you for your insightful contribution.
Is there anythingelse you don't like, so we won't have any threads here that would offend or trigger you?

Other things I hate:

Homestuck
Undertale
General Threads

Ok great you can leave now.

Anyway back to the topic and somehwat relevant. Pic related is what the Gems wanted to do to Earth. I'd imagine this thing outstands a hiveworld in any aspect

Gems are 40K as fuck.
They build (and most likely are) technology indistinguishable from magic, but mostly fight with medieval weapons, albeit hard-light ones.

They are also grim dark enough.
Imagine an eldar spirit stone shattered into pieces. But the soul or consciousness does stil exists on but fractated. To the point were they are nothing more then single limbs unable to precive existance but somehow instinctivly searching for their rest

That and use hands, eyes, and other shit for their ships.

Come to think of it, wouldn't they naturally compete with nids? Heck if the heat death reason for nids coming to the galaxy is cannon, they've won because they don't need heat.

I thought nids flee from some even greater enemy. How should they flee the heat death 40k is only a few aeons ahead of now

for trying to destroy humanity the emperor omes out of hiding WAY earlier
the great crusade is against the gems
the elder watch eating their equivalent of popcorn
the orks join in because orks

it pretty much is a hive world

Because the warp is the only thing keeping the milky way from joining the rest of the universe.

>Let me drive my Victory Class Battleship into your heart!

Rose would be fine though. If not plowing Big E.

Shit, that was meant for

Was that talked about anywhere or is this just fanwank?

take your /tv/ cancer back from whence you came, steven universe is fucking trash

I think it was a black library thing,
>Being so retarded you think /tv/ is /co/.
Take your medicine.

I continue to not watch a crappy show?

Okay thank you for the bump.

>Black Library
I asked if it was canon or not

Well this thread lead to nothing.
I suppose you just aswell could have your waifubait or something. Have fun

What is it about this show that makes people think anyone cares about their opinions?

How am I supposed to know?
Because you think people care about your opinions.

Probably the part where they discuss it on the internet

Fuck gems.
How would the Irken fare in WH40K?

we went over this in a thread about the irken and the gems and right off the bat the irken submit to yellow diamonds authority because she's taller so they would likely do the same for emps whos really tall

Xeno is replaced with Peridot, somehow becomes more annoying.

>They have intergalactic travel black hole/darkmatter/whatever engines so they are much faster where they want to be.
>that pic

I see the writers recently watched Gargantia.

rawlin

So whats the appeal of this show? It looks like something made on a shit budget, like those Adult Swim shorts that looked like shit but at least they did it ironically. What kind of faggot enjoys this?

>So whats the appeal of this show?
Space rock lesbians beating each other to dust and an annoying fat hybrid trying to woo an autistic indian grill.

Pretty much everything in it is awesome except for the art, characters, plot, and fan base. Those are all meme cancer shit that makes MLP look good.

So its a show for special snowflakes? God damn this generation.

>Pretty much everything in it is awesome except for everything

Nice

The lore is interesting, at the very least.

>what happens?
40K's fanbase gets at least 200% more autistic.

The animation is actually rather good and fluid. The artstyle looks bad but that doesn't mean it was cheap. The backgrounds are very detailed

And stay there.
All I'm seeing is an eldar rip-off shooting those bows from bleach.

Well this thread got filled with butthurt rather fast. Guess Veeky Forums got collectively raped by a gem or something.

>OP makes a shit thread
>People tell him to fuck off
>Whoa butthurt, better put in a reference to minerals

There is such a thing called not replying to a thread if you get that triggered by it. Besides, the Ben 10 one was even shittier than this and people weren't so retarded they flammed it. Just report it and leave.

>Someone makes a thread.
>Autist start to shit it up, rather than just getting on a thread they like and not bothering with it.
>Op tells them to fuck off.
Summer is finally here.

I can't help but find the idea of going to the traditional games board of Veeky Forums and getting upset with people complaining or disagreeing with your tastes in cartoons is kind of retarded

Let's look at the facts.
Irkens
-do not understand their technology fully
-are green
-want to go to war with everything
-like explosions
-use other races to produce their technology
-naturally follow those of their race who are biggest
-are able to take technological enhancements that would kill other races
-regularly take extreme maiming like eyes and brains being removed without dying

Irkens are in 40k. They're right over there, running a waaaaugh.

And bumping the thread, thus helping it live longer, is even more retarded. If you don't reply to it then it will hit page 10 faster.

Personally I'm hoping we can steer it towards Houseki no Kuni for superior crystal fantasy.

Anyways. Faggot taking the bait are just as bad as trolls.

>Op makes a shit thread.
>Better make it shittier with my weeb trash.

Who says I care if it's on the first page (or wasn't saging)? If you only want to hear from people who like this sort of thing this just isn't the place to go. Also I can't even imagine how shitty a genuine attempt at such a crossover that the OP was describing would be, but I think shitposting would probably be an improvement

Well true, but there's no reason to be in a thread you don't like. What your doing now is the equivalent of saying "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE".

>Only one person is responding to you
Try harder.

I'm just here to point out how shitty it is. You're more than welcome to like it, just admit you have shit taste for some things or like it despite it being shit.

I really like the Anita Blake vampire hunter books, despite them being just barely better than the Jim Butcher novels and even then only for the first 4 books.

I'm okay with that. I don't have to pretend to justify my self worth with some sort of assumed patrician refinement of taste.

But I don't try to pretend they're revolutionary or exceptional masterpieces of the genre.

>But I don't try to pretend they're revolutionary or exceptional masterpieces of the genre.
And when the fuck was I doing that?

>I'm just here to point out how shitty it is.
Why should you need to anyway?

Because if everyone shits in the golden toilet it gets clogged, and nobody knows how to fix the astronomicon.

so... you're trying to clog the astronomicon?

HERESY!

I think this thread is great, but I've got crappy taste in a lot of things.
>Faction Lore
The Gems should be some long lost splinter sect of the old Eldar Empire that's been lost to the warp until now. Rather than possess physical bodies, the Gems use soulstones but with hard-light bodies projecting outwards.
>Unit Varieties
Diamonds are the big leaders that are faster, smarter, tougher than all the other gems.
Quartzes are the big strong followers but act as leaders if necessary
Human sized Utility Gems have special powers and abilities but suffer from poor morale
Small Combat Gems act as fodder and can more readily fuse into bigger combat gems
Small Utility Gems act in a support capacity, reviving fallen gems and repairing vehicles.
>Fusions
If one is butchering the SU lore then might as well make that fusion is perfectly acceptable on the battlefield. The only downside is that if morale breaks down enough then so do the fusions. Also certain fusions are highly stable but highly dangerous, posing a risk for everyone in proximity.

>Human sized Utility Gems have special powers and abilities but suffer from poor morale
Change that to EXTREMELY poor morale. A Peridot would get scared of lightning of all things.

Peridot is smol utility gem
Peridots need leaders like a diamond or a quartz ordering them to go fix a destroyed gun emplacement otherwise they'd just stay behind cover and cower. They are like tech-priest but with a better sense of self-preservation.
Human sized utility gems are like Pearls or Lapis Lazuli, they can operate for a while on their own but they need to be around someone confident. Also they need experience before they can become near useful in a fight

Well yes but I'm just saying.
Anyway, I imagine a gem's thing on table top would essentially be "all of a sudden, titan unit" due to fusion. Albeit who said that they were just one faction? Treat it like marks of chaos, but instead it's Diamonds. Yellow's thing would be overwhelming the enemy with good weapons and vehicle buggery, blue's would be psyker buggery, and Rose would be "all of a sudden giant women". As for white, who knows? We don't know anything about white diamond.

>The Gems should be some long lost splinter sect of the old Eldar Empire that's been lost to the warp until now. Rather than possess physical bodies, the Gems use soulstones but with hard-light bodies projecting outwards.
But that would mean Eldar are being grown out of the ground from fucking minerals, which would make zero sense. Chances are more likely they are a experiment of the old ones to create better Eldar.

we don't even have to have kindergartens. The WH40k versions of the Gems might not even reproduce, it's just that they number in the millions and their casualty rate is extremely low. A gem can keep coming back like a necron if their stone isn't shattered.
We could even have it be that there are more than 4 diamonds...

>we don't even have to have kindergartens. The WH40k versions of the Gems might not even reproduce, it's just that they number in the millions and their casualty rate is extremely low. A gem can keep coming back like a necron if their stone isn't shattered.
>We could even have it be that there are more than 4 diamonds...
Well yeah but then gems are just NOT!Necrons and that would completely defeat the point of having them replaced.

the only difference between Gems and Necrons is fusion. That's about it.
>what if necron could fuse?

A Necron wouldn't protect humanity or end up tied outside on a leash like a puppy. They also have no waifus.

>They also have no waifus.
I disagree

t. robophile

Well technically wouldn't being into gems be robophilia anyway?

nope, you're looking for geophiles.

Why not. Roll

In the sense of the thread... well, we change space robot terminator Egyptians for Space mineral terminator females.

Gem people were done in other gas too, and arent a weid idea. Hell, I was going to make a xeno faction of rystal people as creeps in an scenario for 40k

Well, georobphiles when you think about it. Rock robots.

>Gems sing and dance to fuse into giant forms
>Orcs see that and want to become bigga
>They start to form a song and dance number in order to get to the size of Uruk Thrala

Glam Metal vs Goff Rocka

I want this.

Okay fine. No Gems in 40K.

Replace Gems with Necrons in Steven Universe. Hilarity ensues?

So your saying the Orks see a fusion, and all of a sudden get the idea that dancing with another ork makes a bigger ork, the Waagh field does it's thing.
Oh Gork and Mork, Fusion Mosh Pits.