Your next campaign is made up entirely of high intensity one on one duels with deadly opponents

Your next campaign is made up entirely of high intensity one on one duels with deadly opponents.

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=riddle of steel
kurton.bandcamp.com/track/brain-star-man
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're the boss, applesauce.

>campaign made exclusively of combat encounters
>without strategy, to boot.
double meh

Nidhogg is great, though.

Clearly, you would find a system that excels at one-on-one duels. I don't know any off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's something out there.

I'm sure of it.
But then I think you'd have removed most of the stuff that makes tabletop interesting in the first place (a GM animating a world and a party to play with), and would have 3 other players wanting in line for their turn at every moment.
So I'd rather play actual video games at this point.

So we're playing Battlecon? Sounds good!

Cool, I've always wanted to play Shadow of the Colossus.

You do know that you should avoid whiteboxing, since it's not really fun to play that, right?

I hear a World of Indines TRPG is in the making.
Really looking forward to it.

Sounds like a politics-intense game of Legend of the Five Rings.

>not running a conversation as a duel of wits
>not killing someone by insulting their family hard enough
casual

>Shounen high school setting, with the players as members of the fencing team

Sounds fun to me.

Soooo we're gladiators? I could get behind that I guess.

Well there's always things leading up to the duels. There could be metric tons of exploration, intrigue and economics. Its just all the battles are high intensity one on one duels with deadly opponents

using pokemon

The Riddle of Steel campaign? Sounds fantastic.

I give the GM one session to see if he can make it work. If he can, I'm in.

So Monster Hunter? Cool, sign me up.

So Streetfighter, limited to 1 V 1 combat? Make up some strict laws on sanctioned fighting, maybe even a challenging system for some more RPing.

Would totally ve down for this. Some dynamic 1v1 combat mixed with intrigue and shit. Damn sign my ass up.

>stun attacks

There was a line of Game books I remember from years ago that got reskinned as Queen's Blade. The idea was that you took your character sheet out the book and read your books your opponent and then called your attacks from the table on your sheet and then check the results on whatever book was in your hand. Seems like it'd be a simple way to do what you're asking

In any system that has a reliable method of stunning someone for 1+ rounds this style quickly falls apart and everyone tries to stun the other person with shit like color spray and spend the next few rounds coup de grace'ing the dude with a scythe (With feats/enchantments to increase crit multiplier).

Do we at least have strange, even bizarre powers to stand against each other with?

I once had the idea of combat wizards that when they get near each other and both use their powers, the confluence of arcane flows throws them both into a pocket dimension ruled over by some unknown god. And in that pocket dimension is some kind of game like gimmick like say, falling tetris blocks as they fight. And the pocket dimension only ends when one of them is completely incapacitated.

Couldn't figure out how to make it work well in tabletop though.

Legends of the Wulin could do this. Using terrain and describing your attacks in ways that exploits your opponent's style's weakness is part of the system

Check out DCC, i think it does a similar thing

Riddle of steel is designed for it. Most of th other rules are sloppy at best, but you can make some excellent 1-on-1 fights with it,

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=riddle of steel

The hevk is that?

>PC's begin as conquistadors landing on an unknown shore
>They are travelling to the arcane jungle to find the fated Crown of Khitai that will grant the wearer everlasting life in the service of their dying queen.
>They have to deal with jungle diseases, hostile flora, fauna, wildlife and deadly traps.
>Eventually they meet some friendly tribesmen and learn that the artifact they seek is inside an arcane dome surrounded by seven ziggurats that spiral upwards to the dome entrance.
>The first ziggurat is rife with traps and puzzles, but eventually they reach the central chamber.
>The entrance locks behind them, and their native guides begin to cackle from behind the thick stone.
>PC's have no choice but to continue onwards.
>A single man waits inside, unkempt and unshaven, surrounded by bones and trash.
>He locks his eyes on the first party member he sees and the rest are compelled magically to stand still and watch.
>DM dims the lights and plays music quietly in the background: kurton.bandcamp.com/track/brain-star-man
>First duel begins

It's like the artist couldn't decide between a foil, epee, and sabre. Hurts my eyes.

Never attribute to indecision what can be attributed to just plain not knowing the difference.

1) >"it's like"
2) >not using references

>2) >not using references

Yeah, like that god-awful piece of shit repro helmet that must be the number one hit for some google image search term, because it keeps popping up every here and there.

Completely different matter. Sport fencing is modern and doesn't make any claims to historical accuracy.

I always wanted to do a Highlander campaign

>suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=riddle of steel
Is Riddle of Steel adaptable for martial arts or is it really only good for fencing?

The matter isn't what sport fencing may be, the matter is artist fuckups. One didn't manage to draw modern sport fencing swords, the other failed to produce a functional helmet.

Unarmed, the weapon used doesn't make the difference between martial art or not.

GET THE DICK

You can fight unarmed, but it's not meant to simulate styles of martial arts. You can try tough.

It's one-on-one, not four-on-one-or-two.

>not soloing the monster
Scrub detected

You all of you, ever single last one of you, fail utterly and completely.

Except you. You're cool.

Could a highlander campaign even work, though. Like, they don't really cooperate with one another, and if only one player is an immortal the rest are bound to get a little butthurt.

You'd need a really good group.

That actually sound pretty cool.