What happens when the difficulty gets too high and it becomes easier to guess the digits at the end of the sha256 hash...

What happens when the difficulty gets too high and it becomes easier to guess the digits at the end of the sha256 hash randomly than it does to actually calculate a sha256 hash. For instance right now with the current difficulty, a sha256 hash has to start with 18 0's (hexadecimal format) so you would only need to guess 16^46 to guess the correct remaining hash. What happens when the leading zeros are 32 or 48 characters long? Will we transition to just guessing the remaining zeros to find the correct hadh instead of using the hashing power we have now?

you sound like someone who knows what they're talking about

Exactly. This is a board for degenerates shilling their shitcoins, not for intelligent discussions.

buy high sell low

What coin is this?

yes

it all doesent even matter since you cant cash out remember

HOLY SHIT SELL SELL SELL

THE DREAM IS DEAD

CRYPTO. IS. FINISHED.

Ha ha yes good one brother, I agree

benis

bumb

uahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You're not guessing the digits at the end.
Every possible combination of remaining digits would be a valid hash for a block.

My intuition tells me that its never going to be harder than bruteforcing a sha256 hash

It can't be, because max difficulty involves bruteforcing an all 0 hash. Then, there can be no more blocks.

>Then, there can be no more blocks.
how will BTC process transactions then?

It couldn't.

The hashing function would probably be changed long before then, resulting in a fork.

Flawed understanding. You think it's some hidden number that the hash needs to equals to, only the leading 0s are known.
The target is essentially a number that the hash of the block needs to be under, in order to be valid.
The contents of the block decides the hash of the block, that's why you increment the nonce for each iteration to produce another hash.
The more leading 0s, the less valid hashes are available, thus increasing difficulty.

>that's why you increment the nonce for each iteration to produce another hash.
This is a bad strategy if you want to mine. It's easier and more profitable to scale if you try a random number each time. (or a random cycle through all numbers)

but will it moon?

This is why PoS is superior.