Warmachine & Hordes General - Thick Elves Are the New Sexy Edition

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
forwardkommander.com
schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

belloflostsouls.net/2016/06/exclusive-privateer-v3-a-mighty-big-sword.html
conflictchamber.com
privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/retribution-of-scyrah
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

belloflostsouls.net/2016/06/exclusive-privateer-v3-a-mighty-big-sword.html

This dropped today.

Medium base Ellowuyr units eventually, eh?

Shit cool looking unit

In the art they seems normal sized. I don't think they will be multi wound.

conflictchamber.com

Just updated to mk3 list building.

Cephalyx is using the mk2 theme until the mk3 theme is known.

Also, anyone have links to the bilingual spoilers (with more cards than the deck spoilers) for any factions other than Cygnar and Trolls?

Can't find Sylys when I'm making a Khador list.

Good stuff though, been a pain in the ass making lists by having to search the pdfs.

He should be on the list now.

Just realized I don't have the Mercs that got changed to caster attachments working properly, but I'll get them there soon.

nice work user thank you, it's not letting me change army size the rest works though

>Just realized I don't have the Mercs that got changed to caster attachments working properly

Fixed now.

>nice work user thank you, it's not letting me change army size the rest works though

Thanks, fixed that bug -- it should work after a refresh. (If not, do a hard refresh; control-shift-R on Chrome, at least).

Inflictor is 8 pts, should be 13

yup works now, if you're taking suggestions maybe add the casters' numbers to their names? if I'm starting a new list it's an extra step to go find out which goreshade is goreshade2 is for example

>conflictchamber.com
Can't attach War Dog to B3. I thought attachments could be added to Warcaster units?

Maybe they'll be tall like Thyron

How do I actually use Mordikaar properly? He can't support infantry outside of bringing them back to life, his "nuke" is mediocre, Ghostly is pretty shit because no infantry can get the job done from weird positions. The only Skorne warlock that feels any good that I own (pMakeda, Naaresh, pMorghoul, Mordikaar) is pMakeda because you can actually help your infantry in the fight while your beasts punch shit through Carnage. The fuck is Mordikaar considered a good warlock for?

It's not letting gallant be attached to magnus

This picture looks cool and I have been wanting to get into a tabletop strategy game, is this an army in the game and if so what are they like?

they belong to these guys privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/retribution-of-scyrah

they're elves who believe humans using magic is responsible for killing the elf gods so they're out to stop all human magic. in game they are very shooty

So far the rest of that particular army has a different aesthetic from that picture, except for one general (warcaster) who is already released. The army combines several different Houses with different styles, this will be the first unit in that style and it's not even out yet. So you shouldn't necessarily pick up Warmachine just because you like that unit.

They can. I think it's a bug. When I tried it, I couldn't put Rocketeers with Riflemen.

Did someone drop a rulebook? I have a potential French one but my French isn't good enough to be helpful.

Are jack points still only for warjacks in the caster's battlegroup?

Hand it over.

Not confirmed, but I'd assume so

Planning on doing something like that in the near future. I still don't have a solution I'm happy with for really long unit names.

Thanks for the bug reports, will get these fixed soon.

sooooo I'm struggling to see how useful a Neraph can be from the legion battlebox. I'm really tempted to just use it as a seraph but I still kinda like the idea of a giant flying hammerhead lol.

>still probably trash

Move on to objectives and feat, high def+ poltergeist will mean you swing attrition and have an advantage to objectives. He also has good synergy with void spirits, more so in MK3.

You should also get new casters, those ones are shit. I run Xerxis1/Makeda3 but Rasheth, Xerxis2 and Zaal1/2 are also pretty good

safe assumption. seems like something they would have mentioned in talks about JR or marshals.

It kills lights pretty easy, but will need buffs (like Kryssa's feat) to kill heavies on its own. for a BB game you'll want to either:

1. start with the Neraph and let a Shredder finish it
2. start with the Neraph and let a Bolt Thrower try to finish/quick work
3. start with both shredders (2nd will get flank) and let the Neraph finish + sprint to safety
4. As 3. but let the Bolt Thrower finish for QW

any real shot of smashing a heavy, you'll soften with the BT from long range and probably feat.

What Warjacks go well with Kraye. I've decided to go Cygnar because I like his model. People are saying he's bad but I assume they're just angry at change. It seems like he would like melee jacks?

unfortunately our box is pretty much limited to assassination, so you'd use it to move stuff out of the way to get to the delicious caster goodness

Black Dragon Pikemen are absent from the Khador list, they have a different point value in Mk3. Great work though, thank you.

It's got a really good alpha feat turn output wise. So long as Kryssa herself gets involved.

Consider it vs the Khador box. The Bolt Thrower can continually thunderbolt a heavy out of the game. Then you dogpile the other and hope for the best.

IIRC only Mercs and Khador have double heavy battleboxes. So against most of the single heavy ones that bolt thrower is putting in work or the enemy is positioning very tight. At which point you can go for a spray followed by a Quickness to get damage on everything at once.

In pure battlebox games? I think if the Neraph gets a good charge kill off on an enemy light that really tilts the match. Sprint + Tactical Supremacy sprint puts it back into safety. At which point your enemy is in major trouble.

On feat turn it's P+S 16 charge and x4 P+S 18s. With coil. So I think it can mostly kill a heavy of any Battlebox during feat. Throw anything else in the list (including the warlock) at the heavy and it seems like a comfortable kill.

I kind of feel like this discussion is better if you discuss specific battlebox match ups.

Would be better to take a sanctifier or reclaimer with pReznik.
The list I've been playing around has both, but only 1 unit (and choir) to collect souls from, so I'm afraid of having too much competition for too few souls.

The sanctifier seems good with him because you can live the dream and get off perdition, brand of heresy and still have a fully loaded jack. Plus ignite helps alleviate p+s 16 I know, menite problems

On the other hand, the future sight from the reclaimer means you can be more focus efficient with his offensive spells. And you can give concealment to Reznik or other important solos.

Pic related. Repenters benefiting from brand of hersery seem really good.

So anyone know what day this weekend we'll find out what the new faction is?

Saturday night at the keynote.

I wonder how long until they come out. Have they given any hints?

New faction will release at Lock&Load next year.

what kind of warbeasts do we think zu is going to have?

It's probably Zu. In fact I would be shocked if it wasn't Zu.

Zu is where the Totem Hunter is from btw.

>conflictchamber.com
reclaimers are 3 points, not 2

That's the Retribution of Scyrah.

Scyrah is one of the last living gods of the elves, and she's comatose and dying. The elves have reason to believe that human magics are draining their gods' strength, and so are on a genocidal rampage against all human magic users.

If you want to go check out the other factions' aesthetics, Privateer Press has a gallery page with every available model, sorted by faction.

Pick one that you unanimously love, come back to use, and we'll give you the breakdown.

scyrah got gud this ed, thats for sure

Hand it over anyway. At least for the jist of it.

I'm sad that it won't be Infernals.

They namedropped Zu like 6 times in a primecast after the Mk3 announcement.
Apparently half the factions are crusading/exploring there

How gud would you say they got?

House Ellowuyr Swordsmen
Retribution Unit
Spd 6, Str, 6, Mat 7, Rat 4, Def 13, Arm 13, Cmd 8

Parry
Bladeshield
Cleave

Ellowuyr Greatsword
Rng 2, Pow 6, PS 12

Leader + 5 @ PC 10
Leader + 9 @ PC 15
FA 2
Small Base

What unit is that?

Fucking rad, they're like Nihlators that Git Gud. Got the House Lys Healer by any chance spoiler-bro?

Confirmed, or speculation?

It's the same as what I've seen posted on the Ret PP forums (guy has the french prime leak), and on the Ret FB forums, both match up with what spoiler-bro has posted.

I can believe it.

Also yeah the nu faction is almost definitely Zu. I hope they're crazy, like the warbeast pack faction or something.

>nerf everything in the game
>release new broken stuff
GG PP

This model is really cool I am picking Protectorate of Menoth because of it.

>Broken
How? They're decent, but not great. Imo Sents are better, even for the extra cost

Also does anyone have a link to the French leak of the main rules that seems to be being talked about

Yeah, Swordsmen are amazing but Sents still make armour blocks weep into their pillows at night. Honestly they're well designed to fill a gap without stepping on Halbs, Sents or Infiltrators

>How to make a niche filling unit
Ellowuyr Swordsmen

>How not to
Skorne Keltarii

Fixed.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Thanks for the bug reports, folks. I suspect there's more stuff missing, especially stuff that changed names between editions (e.g., the Reclaimer got skipped because it's now "Reclaimer Gatekeeper").

Short list of stuff to add (beyond fixing outright bugs) is adding an attachment button to directly add attachments from the army list itself, fixing save as image for non-Chrome browsers, and letting people save army lists if they log in with a Google/Facebook account. I also want to come up with some abbreviation of army list entries, both to make it more clear which version of a caster is which and because some of the full names are just too damned long.

Long term I'd like to have people be able to enter events (whether tournaments or just gaming nights) and be able to submit lists and Steamroller pairs to tournaments ahead of time to make the list validation at the tournament easier.

PP defense force already back in it whew lads

>I also want to come up with some abbreviation of army list entries, both to make it more clear which version of a caster is which and because some of the full names are just too damned long.

was thinking about this after you mentioned it earlier, is there a way you can use the shorthand and then the long name when you hover over it?

House Lys Healer
Retribution Solo
Spd 6, Str 4, Mat 5, Rat 4, Def 13, Arm 13, Cmd 8

Ancient Shroud
Soul Ward
Magic Ability
(*Action) Heal [d3+1]
(*Action) Power of Faith [no knockdown/stationary]
(*Action) Purifying Aura [animus and continuous effects in command rng expire]

Can move during maintenance phase if friendly faction model was damaged in its cmd rng

PC 3
FA 2
Small Base

Is power of faith self or CMD?

while within 5" of this model

>Purifying Aura [animus and continuous effects in command rng expire]

God dammit PP.

That's an interesting idea, I'll play around with it when I get the chance.

Can you find a way to save a list by copying it to the clipboard?

Yeah, I should be able to have that working tomorrow, also the ability to link to a list.

Awesome. Super helpful. Thanks :D

sorry spoiler-bro, does the healer have 5 wounds?

It better fucking not.

>Ancient Shroud
>Not a 5 wound model

Um.

Not even gonna wait a couple of releases are you PP? Its the ancient shroud that gets me.

Assuming this is not rumor, which it feels more like.

Still not sure if this is bait.

It's... the elf covenant. Except it's not as good as the real covenant.

PP defense force whew lads

Shhhhhh, no logic, only pissing and moaning.

Are continous effects spells? Or is it only ongoing fire or the like. Otherwise its an OK solo but nothing super.

Continuous effects are fire and corrosion.

It's a good solo, but I play Menoth, and I wouldn't trade my ancient shroud buff solo for theirs.

I'm just annoyed to see Ancient Shroud on anything ever. Assuming 5 wounds on the Healer, that's 10 attacks I have to spend on two solos assuming all of them hit.

Yeah I thought it was crazy because I thought it also meant spells. Otherwise this is just going to be handing out no-knockdown most of time.

What percentage of Ret has toughness?

Unless you're relying on knockdown to get stuff done, I'm not sure it's worth putting any attacks to it. It cleans up fire during its activation, *after* the fire has had a chance to tick. And then you just set shit on fire again.

I mean, it doesn't have a 10" spell hate bubble like the covenant.

Main job is going to be babysitting it's warcaster for no KD imo

At 3 points and ancient shroud, it'll be good for blocking charge lanes to more expensive stuff, too.

>conflictchamber.com
Can't seem to give marshalls a warjack

Yes, the Lys Healer has 5 boxes.

What did PoM get in the book, aside from Malekus?

Dominar Rasheth
Despoiler
Titan cannoneer
Titan gladiator
Bronzeback titan
Bloodrunners
beast handlers (min)
farrow brigands (max) + ua

Fixed.

Knights Exemplar UA
Deliverer Solo

Interesting, thanks. Any chance of getting stats?

Nyss Hunters, Boomhowlers, and other Mercenary Minions aren't available in Minion list construction

Cryx got Agathia, Carrion Thralls, and ???

Satyxis Slingers

can someone link me the leaked faction decks?
cant seem to find them

Any word on what Khador and Circle are getting?

Khador are getting their MoW Shock UA and the Artillery Kaptain.

Khador got their artillery solo and Shocktrooper UA.

circle's getting this fella

Loki's probably for the forces book, like the new Legion beast. Legion gets Kryssa, Hellmouth, and the Warlord in Primal.