Ever surprise your players with a completely unexpected encounter?

Ever surprise your players with a completely unexpected encounter?

All the time. Got some good recurring NPC's out of it too.

I made one guy fight a fag.
Does that count?
The fag turned out to be a massive demon that wanted to feast upon his soul.

I think the most surprised I've ever been in an RPG was waking up to find that someone just set our god damned house on fire

Nope. That's what the itinerary is for.

Was that one any good? I keep meaning to read it but never get around to it.

>Frank has a sleepover with Betty and Veronica

What the fuck

It escalates really quickly and runs out of steam towards the end, but it finishes strong.

Yes. It was set in a zombie apocalypse scenario and the party met Bill Murray.

Is it one of those 2edgy4u reimaginings where the Predator massacres Riverdale? Or is it just a Scooby-Doo kind of dealie where no one's in any real danger?

did you end up shooting him?

The former. The Pred just butchers near everyone, including Archie AND Jughead.

Were they that starved for ideas?

Hell to the yes.

It was an Evil aligned party, and they were off trying to locate a tome that would allow their boss, a really nasty demon, to be freed from it's reliquary.

Along the way, they passed through mountains and ran into a schizophrenic white dragon who would get super pissed whenever you talked to her and insisted on making the party talk to the frozen corpses she was using as puppets.

That dragon wound up being a recurring NPC.

It's a pretty grim read.

sounds like it.
I don't know if this is way before or after getting shot for protecting the gay senator.

There was an Archie meets the Punisher comic and it was pretty good.
It amusingly switched art styles between Archie and Punisher scenes.

In their first session, the party had to assist a local farmer who's livestock were being attacked by a wolf. Little did they know, it was the pic related. Amusingly, one of the party members was tricked by the Wolf in drag and tied to a tree for the first few rounds of combat.

On another occasion, the party were sneaking on a pirate ship supposedly owned by the infamous Davy Jones. They were disappointed when he turned out to be Navy Bones, a delusional octopus man who was absolutely convinced that he was Davy Jones. His ship (the Flying Norwegian) was so crappy that it started to sink in the middle of combat. After beating Navy Bones, one of the party members put on his captain's hat, which was enough to convince the not-quite-sapient fishman crew that he was the new captain.

Not sure if magical realm or some weird shit she made up on the fly but the DM has a loli super vampire queen and an loli demi god elf princess pop up now and again for the sole purpose to try and rape my character, marry them and try to kill each other off with me in the middle, but considering the weird crap the rest of the party has to deal with i got off easy

The rogue for example who is an evil bastard has to deal with a fabulously gay angel like thing who tries to get him to redeem his wicked ways while it tries to molest him, although he did bring it on himself when he looted a gods church, even after the god themself told him not too

it only gets weirder and worse for the rest of the group and those are the recurring characters, The one off ones are on another level entirely

Storytime user?

what do you want to know? the campaign has been going on for a long time

It's really funny, you can tell they enjoyed killing all the characters in different ways.

Just some fun moments. Whatever you think will make a good story

I need to up my NPC game

Once, while my players were on a mostly uneventful hike in the wilderness, one of them fell down a hole and lost his weapon in the tumble. He was greeted by a very large and lanky troll who demanded that he tell him why he should not eat him (as he desired an actual conundrum after years of solitude).
The player told the troll about their quest and, after a few tense dice rolls, actually convinced it to let him go. Been a bit of a recurring character after that, even saving them from a successful enemy ambush.

Just green text us any particularly funny/strange/awkward/rewarding moments that strike your fancy.

Man, that just seems shitty. Like it's a step above writing some awful fanfic where a Deathwatch team butchers the Teletubbies in graphic detail.

>not random enclownter