Wbat are good uses of illusionary magic? I wanna try an illusionist but I'm not too clever

Wbat are good uses of illusionary magic? I wanna try an illusionist but I'm not too clever.

All I have is hide in an alley and throw up a fake wall to loose pursuers.

Lose*
They're are lots of options. Make a cliff appear slightly longer than it is so people fall/are pushed off easily
What about a fake entrance to a tunnel old cartoon style?
Turning yourself into something scary can work, maybe an orge to chase away goblins or turn the rogue into the evil wizard so you can sneak attack the wizard's second in command. It depends on the situation really.

I've had one of my pcs pull off the cliff thing against an invading army. The guys in the back just saw a field and kept pushing the guys at the front forward off the edge.

Create the Illusion of thick fog so people can't see out of it

Create an illusory wall of force to make people think you have a barrier

I like that. Thank you.

Fog seems not too bad, but at that point why not try bright and make them think fire.

I always have a bear trap with me and put illusions of something nice or delicious on top of it.

The opposite is quite funny as well though, make Illusions of traps appear so enemies are wary of charging at you

>draw guards away with ghost sound
>disguise yourself
>make item appear faulty and haggle its price down
>entertain people
>give fashion advice with example
>give yourself a dramatic entrance
>fake knowing other spells
>give signals to allied forces
>give fake signals to enemies

Depending on the ruleset, illusionist can create auditory illusions as well as visual.
>Scare bandits out of their camp buy making it sound like a Grizzly is pissed off and approaching.
>Distract a guard with "Psst" or the sound of a door slamming or something equivalent.
>Bard trying to seduce "Random Wench035"...and farts...

A wall of fire surrounding them in a ring would work well as well, especially if you can make a one-way illusion

That only works if you can mimic the heat

>>make item appear faulty and haggle its price down
Wouldn't the merchant know he's not selling junk? I feel like a shop keep would know his wares inside and out.

>>fake knowing other spells
Good! That never came to me.

>>give signals to allied forces
>>give fake signals to enemies
Like have a commander yell charge? Can you elaborate more on that?

>Like have a commander yell charge? Can you elaborate more on that?
Well, there are a lot of options, but the simplest would be more like making the illusion of giant words in the sky that spell out "Charge!" This also allows a single commander to command an entire army at once, instead of relying on messengers on the battlefield to relay orders. You can use a code word if you don't want your enemy to know what you're doing, as well.

>They're are lots of options

Come on, if you're going to correct people's grammar, at least use the right "there".

>humans are herd animals, rile up a crowd by producing numerous jeers
>frighten a horse with a snake and make it throw off the rider, makes a good assassination
>use illusions as teaching aid
>relay the looks of a person only you have seen to others
>give yourself a fake faction emblem
>fake illness

>Make illusionist character
>Do jack shit because DM is an asshole and all the NPCs metagame around the illusion/know it's an illusion automatically instead of acting rationally as if the illusion is real and falling for my keikaku

If you know the enemy signals you can copy them to instigate inopportune movements, not just charging. "Hold this position" to delay "strengthen the flank" to weaken the center
"enemy sighted" to make lines shift.

Make yourself look like the fighter, and the fighter look like you.

Make your allies glow too brightly for the enemy to look at them directly.

Manipulate your features to look more attractive.

Make leaves and stones appear to be money for paying bandits off or bribing people. Probably not a good idea to use for legit transactions.

Make a 2 second delayed image of allies so the enemy can't react.

Cast permanent enchantments on goggles so they can switch viewpoints and the party can share information.

Just be careful with it: the enemy may get their chance to notice what spell you cast.

Also, sometimes all you need is for the enemy to waste an alpha strike on something that doesn't exist, even if they'll soon figure out that it's an illusion.

Make an illusion of a bunch of traps, but have some of them be real. Then once one of the realizes they're illusions, they'll call it out and they'll all charge forward and step in the real traps

>make a copy of the McGuffin
>make a copy of the McGuffin, make a show of destroying it
>play holochess
>illustrate the dream you had
>draw suspicion to others, let bloodstains appear, move their shadows unsettlingly
>be a big flashy distraction
>fake a location to a prisoner
>fake a killed comrade to a prisoner
>fake the words on a document, get people to sign it

>Cast permanent enchantments on goggles so they can switch viewpoints and the party can share information.