Warhammer 40k General

In With The Old Out With The New Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3V35jvY0u7I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How does one exit the suit anyways? The emporer can wait, I must relieve a bodily need.

Though many of the modular plates and the like can be removed by the battle-brother in question, it often requires a dedicated small team to make quick work of it, for both donning and doffing the armour.

good work steve-o

Well the OP wasn't doing it!

But yeah, woopsies

Which is how armor worked for knights, just exaggerated.

they also can piss and shit in their suits. it gets recycled into drinking water!

You didn't answer my question, you autist.

If the doors glued shut, does it block LOS or not?

I'm going to hazard a guess and say NO

>I must relieve a bodily need.
SM power armor recycles body waste

EAT YOUR POOP!
EAT IT!!!

what time is it in bongland?

so what you're saying is that space marines have a fanny door...

Just use the old rules for drop pods. GW is creating problems where there were none.

About thirty after two in the UK, mate.

2:30pm.

Wasn't there some rule that stated a unit within a Drop Pod was lost if none of the doors could be opened? Anyway, I'd assume it would be up to the players in question instead of any niche rule that GW has actually written themselves.

what i mean is, i don't want drop pods blocking LOS to become a "thing". If GW employees weigh in on it I don't want them pulling some asshat move and saying, "Hurr, Durr, yup, shur duz!"

So I have a game against Imperial Guard tomorrow at 2000pts.

He is bringing a Bane Blade but I didn't think of asking which variant. Also a Pask with buddy tank and a third Leman Russ, three Wyverns then a bunch of infantry blobs.

Never seen a baneblade on the tabletop before, how do they compare to other Superheavies?

Usually against codices I know are weaker I will bring some Deathwing to tone down my list but with all his armor I feel the Ravenwing would be more useful, however I am pretty sure wyverns have ignore cover.

as an Englishman, no marines has even had a fanny, or a door for one

If they would just make a damn effort and try to nip these questions in the bud, people would stop asking them. Leaving everything open to intepretation just creates more hassle for store employees and turnament managers who have to put up with that shit.

I like how people are throwing a gasket about drop pods with doors glued shut and calling people WAAC faggots for doing it.

I glued my pod doors shut because I didn't want to paint the insides.

they at least have to have a hose or something.

there is nothing wrong with gluing your drop pod doors shut if thats what you want to do. It just shouldn't block LOS is all.

They have a cup i imagine
but i dont think you get what a fanny really is
its a ladys front bottomaka a vagoo

Wyverns do indeed, ignore cover.

Baneblades are capable of massive damage, though the exact output varies. For example, the Stormlord has 2 Vulcan Mega-Bolters that are both Heavy 15, and if he doesn't move, can fire twice in one shooting phase. It can also carry 40 passengers. It's range is 60" and is Str 6 AP 3.

And that's just for my favorite variant.

seeing as the rules are true LoS, it clearly does

oh. well here in burgerland we bastardize the term to mean ass. Think lindy beige had a thing about this once. "Arse! Not ass! It makes you sound like priss!"

The Stormlord has ONE VMB that is TWINLINKED.

but yes it can fire twice

>For the whole of this edition, if LOS is blocked (by anything) when looking from a firing model's POV, you can't shoot at a target you can't see
>FAQ says that if LOS is blocked (by a drop pod) when looking from a firing model's POV, you can't shoot at a target you can't see
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Then whatever you put in there shouldn't be able to disembark if they can't get their doors open.

Then you're a fucking retard and you're seed should be wiped from this earth because you are obviously too stupid to live on this planet with the rest of us.

>It gets recycled
Can't Space marines safely eat and drink just about anything? The recycling process is removing precious nutrients!

Lots of people glue the doors of their transports shut. Do you claim your opponent's models can't disembark from their rhino/chimera/devilfish/whatever if the doors don't actually open?

Whoops, you're right! Sorry about that one, I was going by memory there.

Checking the rules, it doesn't get Twinlinked, but it can fire twice and it may fire at different targets.

but you only glued the god damn droppod doors shut to confer an advantage based on a technicality! You should either make an exception or forbid people from gluing their god damn doors shut, PERIOD END OF FUCKING STORY GO DIE IN FIRE

If you want to follow RAW?
The unit embarked on the Drop Pod is automatically removed from play.

Sad part is that there are plenty of people in this hobby who would glue the doors shut on their drop-pods if they knew it conferred an advantage.

>but you only glued the god damn droppod doors shut to confer an advantage based on a technicality!
Literally a strawman argument.

When would that Scions box be out?

This month?

Or later in the year?

I've got a burning wallet.

Look, you can't get it both ways. You can't get true los on a door that should by all rights be open, or else you shouldn't be allowed to bring drop pods with closed bay doors to the table.

Honestly, if someone tried to pull this crap during a game i probably would not want to play with them.

its the rules m8

bearing in mind RAW you can start measuring from the tip of the drop pod doors for disembarking, it can be a disadvantage to shut them

i mean dont you follow RAW? what do you do, make it up as you go along? sounds gay

Seriously, how can you not be punching yourself in the nuts right now for your own stupidity? How can you live with that blob of protozoan protoplasm between your ears without literally tearing your own eyes out and pissing on them for being such a massive retard?

Just get four of them and you'll be able to field one of their formations in their pitifully small codex. You'll have 3 extra unnecessary commissars, but eh, you could do some conversions on them.

>Oh, you've got two wraithknights? Okay, they're legal.
>Hey, a riptide wing and an optimised stealth cadre. Those are legal too, got no problems playing those
>WHAT THE FUCK YOUR DROP POD DOORS ARE CLOSED THAT'S TOTALLY ILLEGAL AND GAME BREAKING I'M LEAVING

No, i follow Rules As Intended, because Rules as Written is fucking garbage. If your going to insist on following the letter of the law you should choose your wording a damn sight more carefully than GW

I was planning on getting two boxes to ally into some SM with, and was going to give the extra commissar to my Tyranid friend for his Flyrant's base.

Just wanted to know when I should expect to see them available for purchase since my birthday is coming up.

You're a jackass. Of course I'm not going to play with some idiot who's spamming riptides and wraithknights.

Is it normal to build your whole army around one unit at low points?

Looking to buy my first box this weekend and I like the Eldars' vehicles. The Vyper , Fire Prism and Hemlock Wraithfighter all look pretty cool.

My friends told me just to avoid Windriders and Wraith Knights which I think is doable.

Do Guardians in Wave Serpeants work well? I probably wouldnt want more than 2 or 3 of them.

Already bought my Dark Vengeance Rulebook and will be picking up my codex tomorrow too.

Christ you seem a tad angry m80

Sure you can, but that only works for games where you play a small consistent group, who can all get together and agree on rules before hand.Not all of us have that luxury

They are completely different cases to me. The Drop Pod will obstruct much more with its doors closed. If you modeled it that way and dont expect it to block LOS that is fine but if you closed the doors and want it to block then you are a cunt .

If I know my rival plays space marines/grey knights, should I use TL Plasma on 2 Broadsides or is the SMS OK?

I'll play with someone who brings 2 riptides or flyrants or even one wraithknight to a 1500 point game assumming I'm running a competitive list, but I'm not going to fucking play someone who brings a riptide wing to a 1500 point game.

Oh, that's cool mate. I don't know when they'll be out, but they'll be available for pre-order this weekend. If you want to run the formation it comes with, I'd suggest just buying an extra commissar to give to your friend.

>No, i follow Rules As Intended, because Rules as Written is fucking garbage.

Hey everyone thought Salamanders should get their 4+ FNP against Baleflamers according to RAI but GW just confirmed that the RAI matches the RAW: they don't.

It's notoriously difficult to use RAI when you don't know what the developers are thinking. This runs double for GW when some codices (Orks) feel like they were written by a committee of a thousand monkeys.

>GO DIE IN FIRE
>Seriously, how can you not be punching yourself in the nuts right now for your own stupidity? How can you live with that blob of protozoan protoplasm between your ears without literally tearing your own eyes out and pissing on them for being such a massive retard?
If you're not going to make arguments and just throw around insults, kindly fuck off back to /v/.

Also, try to be less mad over hypothetical situations. Drop pods with closed doors have been being put on tables for years, and TLOS has been being played for years. I have NEVER heard anyone actually complain about a game being affected by this issue in all that time. You've seen a FAQ and got really, really mad over an imagined situation in your head.

don't take wraith guardians or warp spiders either.

Oh, they'll be up for pre-order this weekend?

I can wait then, maybe by then one of those shitty jobs I applied to will respond.

>tfw Fanny is a girls first name here in sweden

So you're saying if someone brought forgeworld drop pods to the table (the ones with solid cores), you'd refuse to play against them?

Maybe I should dust mine off and make a big wall in front of someone's firebase and see if they flip out.

What's best for holding an objective? A lad of shooters or smackers?

youtube.com/watch?v=3V35jvY0u7I
>tfw spending money on clothes instead of some minis you wanted and feeling old

Oh its also one in the UK too

>know a guy with a uncle Richard and an aunt Fanny

Aww man, warpsiders too? I thought they looked pretty cool.

Also I wanted to get Illic Nightspear because the model looks cool but I am not sure what she would play well with. I suppose I have to get a farseer as it seems like a decent HQ to keep simple and stick with some guardians.

Some of the Pheonix Lord Hqs look cool too.

Why not? A vehicles things don't need too function on the model for them to work in the game.

The confusion is because soul blaze is often used to represent ongoing damage while simultaneously being written in the fluff as something supernatural.

I could make a weapons upgrade to a flamer called "napalm" then say it has soulblaze without it being represented as having any supernatural property whatsoever and it would be perfectly logical to assume that that salamanders had a FNP save against it.

DESU, RAW wasn't very clear on what did and did not constitute a flamer to begin with, so RAI was the default go to option.

The handy thing about FAQs is that they tell us the RAI.

shooters, your smackers should be attacking otherwise they're useless

I got MAD over the fact that some asshole would try to weasel a cover save or even put their unit out of line of sight because of a closed droppod door.

Its a deliberate attempt to either abuse the system, troll their opponent and make me angry, so yes, i consider it a calculated insult to anyone with half a brain.

I prefer shooters so they can get work done when the enemy isn't coming near as well. But objective campers that you half expect to get assaulted are good candidates for Mr Hidden Power Weapon.

Do they fuck? Do they film it? Do they upload it and if so where can i see that?
ah ye soundz about right
wagh day, gud sir

I dunno, everyone i know has already been playing it as closed doors blocks LoS.
Seems pretty ok to me, its what the rules say after all and the game was never a realistic simulation

>Is it normal to build your whole army around one unit at low points?
Considering even at high points the meta is putting all your eggs in one invisible, bike-based basket, probably.

It's still a dicky move and pretty WAACy to do.
I wouldn't do it in a chill garage game or one for fun if I were you.

well, if you do take warpspider, only use their jump ability once per turn.

You don't actually play the game, do you?

I think you should hold off on the Hemlock till you play at a point level where fliers are more acceptable.

Wave Serpeants almost feel like a waste transporting basic troops but they will get the job done.

Vypers are fun but I hardly see them used, personally I would use them to quickly flank from some side armor but I can't remember all there wargear options.

A Farseer, two or four boxes of troops, two Wave Serpeants should be your big starting purchase along with the codex. Depending on unit size and load out I bet you could be playing at least 750 before adding in the Fire Prism and Vypers.

when they are clearly written answers to specific questions they do.

when they are ambiguous answers to even more ambiguous (and almost assuredly loaded) questions they only cause more confusion.

Fuck off /v/,no one wants you here.

>DESU, RAW wasn't very clear on what did and did not constitute a flamer to begin with
Yeah it was, the rulebooks and codexs had lists in the explicitly defining what was a flamer weapon.

I bet they were the constant joke at the family BBQs

I haven't in a while, but I know there are people like this and the tournament scene is riddled with them.

except the chaos codex, which was written in 2012, 3 years prior to 7th edition.

The faq answer is pretty clearly written, go by the model.
There's zero ambiguity yhere

Sniper Shooters with a lot of Shots or Stout, Sturdy Smackers with Objective Secured.

Either one is fine, though the shooters will probably end up costing less than the Smackers in most armies.

Well, yeah, tournaments. They have fuckers that leave the wings off their fliers to make them easier to hide, and for some reason TOs allow it.

Do all armies have units they should avoids and tactics they shouldn't use?

My group of friends getting me into 40k are using Daemons, Imperial Fist Space Marines, Salamander Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Adeptus Mechanicus and Grey Knights.

Its because turnament organizers and GW staff are afraid to put their foot down. They don't want to offend anyone so they basically put it on the cunt who complains the least.

Yeah and the rulebooks list included unique ones from older codexs and the khorne deamonkin codex published after the rulebook doesn't list the baleflamer as a flamer.

They are slightly older, white and middle class. cant even acknowledge it with sly comments, its the worse

>tfw my Dads name is Richard Edward
my grandparents must have had a cruel sense of humour

its more a matter of using them approriately.

bringing a single wraithknight to a 1500 point game isn't game breaking, niether is using scatterbikes assumming you don't take a dozen of them. Warp Spiders aren't that broken when you limit their use to once a turn like you are supposed to, but desu the only unit thats so broken that people might refuse to play you are wraithguard.

D spam and D spam templates will cause people to avoid you altogether.

They're telling you not to take those because people see those units as overpowered. Take what you like and think looks cool, just don't spam too much of one unit - a unit of Warp Spiders in an Aspect formation, yeah, they're cool. 30 Warp Spiders is taking the piss (on some people's opinions)

In the end, get what you think looks cool, but read up on the units you think look cool and see what they do and how good they generally are (1d4chan Eldar Tactics gives a rundown of every unit, I'm sure there are plenty of codex review blogs that do as well).

It will be easier once you get your codex, but try to think about what you want in your army - low points is around 500-1000 for most people (unless you play kill team), so make a 500 point list and buy towards that, it'll save you money in the long run if you buy with a purpose.

But yes, guardians in a Wave Serpent are a perfectly good choice, the Wave Serpent is one of the best troop transports in the game.

>That one friend that keeps bringing Night Knightans to 1000 point games
I'm that guy

Thank you for this advice.

Maybe I will just get the codex and stop at a craft store for hobby supply and do more research on units.

Rate my 1850 list comrades

Lord Commissar
Engiseer - x5 servo arm servitors
PCS - autocannon, x2 snipers, bolt pistol
Platoon squad
Platoon squad - missile launcher
Conscripts x50 - priest, commissar
PCS - autocannon, x2 snipers, bolt pistol
Platoon squad - autocannon
Platoon squad - missile launcher
Conscripts x50 - priest, commissar
HWT x15 - autocannon
Wyvern x3
Leman Russ Vanq - camo
Basilisk - camo
Aegis - quadgun

which is basically YOU inferring their intent, is it not? (and not incorrectly, i might add)

Have fun painting 100 conscripts.

Its not even a theme list, bro.

No, it's just applying raw. The baleflamer could have been on the list but isn't, so raw it mustn't be a flamer.

I'm doing Crusader shooty squads, what combo of Special and Heavy is the best for roosting objectives and giving dank support to the 8/8 LRC Crusaders?

Not sure you've got enough armour to really make the most of that enginseer and all his servitors.

>TopBritBants

but you applied it retroactively, which required an active interpretation on your part.