Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/gBN0SUrK

New Silver Tower expansion edition

... and the army of Death!

>old thread

Can someone draw a Dawn of Awesome version of the Stormcast Eternals?

>... and the army of Death!

... or just repack?

Weapon are tricky, i don't think destroyers need a placeholder melee weapon as you can shoot range weapon while still in combat.

As for the cult of mars, could always break the usual melee range group them and put them together by left arm right arm

>... or just repack?

most likely

Who /hyped/ here? Had an empire battalion box sitting around for eons, might build them and make my first AoS army.

>empire batallion
there is no longer a use for the knights in there right ? i bought the box as well and the empire got squatted the next day

Pray for our Goddess of life to forgive us our sins came into the world in physical form!

Empire knights are really good in AoS. Theyre useful.

Long live the tree!!!!

>kill me now

It was a huge zombie giant kind of thing from monstrous Arcanum, it never got a model so never got rules. The scarab was called the khemric titan.

yeah but they aren't in the order book and their models are no longer available
90% sure that once we get points they won't get any

Threadly reminder it's okay to like AoS but not Sigmarines or the game's intense focus on them.

Stormcast eternals are unfortunately one of the most gimmicky factions, and thus one of the most fun to play. Every single one of the heros has a gimmick, most units have some kind of reroll or mortal wound gimmick, and most of the units have 3 or 4 weapon options, many of which give gimmicks in the form of mortal wounds, hit reduction, rerolls, ect. They're the faction that plays the least as the "lol run in the middle and buff" that many people dislike.

So it would be more strange for people to DISLIKE playing them.

100% confirmed from GW that they will.

Well think again, because the knights are getting points. The generals compendium is even providing points for TK and brets.

neat cheers anons

Could just as likely be an army belonging to someone.

I honestly thought both Tamurkhan and the Monstrous Arcanum were nice books, pity that Warhammer Forge seemingly didn't make enough money to warrant continuation, at least in the face of the Horus Heresy.

Whats the best equipment option for a Beastlord? Should I just match him with my Gors and give him a One handed weapon + Shield?

>6mb image.
>On its side.
pls

I had just woken up and there weren't any images for the art online to I pulled out my monstrous arcanum book and that was the result, sorry user

don't worry, just took forever to load on my phone

It's coming this weekend right? i'm still skeptical, but i hope this is true.

That's best if you use him as your general for surviving purposes yes. if not just let him go punch people with the 2-handed axe

Sylvaneth when

probably the week after next. Model pic probably next Monday.

I'm more hyped about the real Aelfs though. Especially Shadowkin and Malerion.

When!?!??! Araliel my foot Goddes

Is the Ghoulish Host box sold out in your countries as well? Didn't have enough cash (responsibly) last month and now I regret not ordering it sooner.

So what 25 june

this sucks, I was hoping to start a sylvaneh army to join the Aos event

Models you want to see for AoS?

I'd really like to see a diverse box of 20 or so free people with a non-empire/faux German look. Maybe throw some females or even Duardin/Halflings etc. in there as well. Give them a sprue to adapt to a couple of different mortal realms and be done with it. Would be great for battleplans/dioramas and the like. Could be used for all surviving mortals.

For other upcoming factions I'd love a crazy (steam)tech focus for the Dwarfs (think Dwemer) and for the Skaven a full fledged Eshin Assassin faction.
Eldar-like High Aelfs (see Mistweaver from WHQ) with Magical supremacy and super edgy shadow Aelfs.

I mean they should look nothing like the current puffy Empire troops. Sry English isn't my first language.

plastic BSBs for the factions that don't have them

I've got a garden of Morr and 1 citadel wood. How would I set that up on a 4x4 battlefield?
Might plan on using the dead walkers event pack from war hammer world.

Went and played a game down my local store today, enjoyed it, was real simple and straightforward without tonnes of bloated special rules, picked up a box of dryads to go with my old metal fantasy treekin, going to be slowly dabbling on the side and getting something each month and hopefully glorious stagbeetle if the model is nice

Yes.
Talked to my LGS and he said all his stock was gone in like 2 days. It really seems to be the army no one asked for but everyone likes.

Their fluff is probably the best in AoS so far and the idea to combine kits to create new units is kinda neat.

Glamored ghouls and ancient celtic skelebros.
Who am I kidding, I'm making those myself.

Good! glad you enjoyed it. If you do sylvaneth make some pieces of tree terrain like the citadel trees scenery. Sylvaneth can summon forests on the battlefield and can do cool stuff with them.

>hopefully glorious stagbeetle if the model is nice

Since nowadays Art=looks exactly like the model you should be pleased if you like it already.

So you want generic looking soldiers/adventurers even though GW is pulling out all the stops to put their own stamp on things with everything they've released for AoS?

Yeah I already have a bucket full of woodland scenery made up from my old days of playing fantasy, I was going to play with some glade guard and maybe another woodelf unit supplemented with sylvaneth stuff, I guess they don't get any actual synergy from rules when in play together but it would pain me to leave the bows at home

That's nice to hear, the op image of last thread looks really cool

>was real simple and straightforward without tonnes of bloated special rules

Probably the best selling point of AoS (next to the models).
I tried to get my friends into 40k for years after my old playgroup broke up. Never got more than a demo game and often times even I was confused about special rules and stuff.
While AoS could be a little more complex for my taste, it's the first time I got my friends into wanting to play and start their own forces. I gave two of them my painted starter set and the third bought himself some Ironjawz.

There will be more stuff for sylvaneth/wood elfs soon, so we may get some updated warscrolls with synergy.

Well generic for AoS. Just some people in the GW standard and aesthetic.

Can i use the end times books for armybuilding when playing whfb 8th ed?

Stuff that's coming in the next weeks

>2 New Foot Units
>1 Oversized cavalry unit
>1 Large Monster kit
>Aelf Battletome
>Aelf Painting Guide
>One of the foot units is described as and “Aelf-Dryad” unit, while the big monster kit is described as a “beetle”.

I hate how you will never see any artistic license or freedom in the art work ever again.

Looking through Pestilens and seeing Skrolk on every modern piece of art when Skrolk doesn't even exist anymore was so lame

Blame the people that forced GW to do this. Gotta protect your intellectual property somehow.

I'm pretty sure they didn't go down this route voluntarily. Not to defend GW here too much but honestly I understand their motives in this.

After downloading and reading the rules, I actually like the idea.

free rules is awesome and something that should be standard for all GW shit.

I like the looser army restrictions, simpler is better. Although it can get silly I guess, but if someone wants to be a tool and field chaos warriors mixed with lizardmen and skaven all in one army, you can just tell them to fuck themselves and not play them.

I also like the greatly simplified rules. When the rules consist of 4 pages, and then a 10-20 page document for a given army, I think that's awesome.

But I fucking hate sigmarines.

The one you like the best, not the one that lets you win the most.

I guess it's better to ask in whfb general.

where?

Odd that the rumors consistently state that we're getting "oversized cavalry" but this hasn't been reflected in any of the art we've seen.

>But I fucking hate sigmarines.

I'm not a big fan of them either.
I actually have some questions about them.

1) Do they breathe/need food/sleep?
2) Aren't all Stormcast engagement suicide missions as there is no going back to where you came from unless you die?

lol no idea. I have barely read any of the fluff on AoS. But I will, until shown otherwise, assume that they are superhuman beings made with bits of DNA from the Empr- I mean Sigmar himself, and used as his elite force of warriors to conquer the galaxy. They are super-soldiers who can digest poison, spit acid, grow 8 feet tall, wear armor that can withstand tons of firepower, and are supreme warriors.

aka, space marines.

also, so AoS is seriously a skirmish game? Like the old Lord of the Rings SBG? How many figures are in a regular sized army?

>also, so AoS is seriously a skirmish game?

No. But it plays much better at the skirmish level than WHFB ever did,

They're actually literally forged and imbued with a bit of sigmar's divine power. Compared to Astartes they still retain quite a bit of humanity.

AoS can certainly be played on a skirmish scale but GW doesn't advertise the game as such and it's hardly the only way to play. It's really up to the players and the local meta to determine game size.

Where is all this new artwork coming from?!

Also, I know those wings are going to be flimsy as fucking and break... I just know it

oh. Guess I'll need to take a look at the rules again. I just see all the stuff with round bases and skirmish this and skirmish that.

I think 40k should get a revamp the same way. Fuck all these 100$ rulebooks and 50$ codex books that get released every year, fuck all this bullcrap plastic storage container terrain sets, fuck these fuckhuge battles with titans and flyers and shit in "regular" 40k battles.

new edition should be: rules are simplified and free. Rules for the units are either free, or come with the box of minis.

>1) Do they breathe/need food/sleep?

Yes. They can withstand going without considerably longer than mortals/

>2) Aren't all Stormcast engagement suicide missions as there is no going back to where you came from unless you die?

No.

The stormcast avoid dying if they can because dying costs them their humanity and also it weakens Sigmar whenever he has to reforge them.

1) Yes. Just not as much as humans.
2) Not necessarily. They can return to azyr via the realmgates. It's just being deployed by lightning is a one way trip. So sigmar cant redeploy them by lightning or call them back that way.

>I think 40k should get a revamp the same way.
I agree.

well, I kinda got into 40k back in highschool, but I ended up sticking more to the modelling/painting side, because A) miniatures were expensive as fuck and getting a full army would cost way more money than a highschool kid has, and B) the rules, meta-tactics, new rules and books coming out every 6 months, it was too much unless I wanted to live at the store and play every damn day.

I mean, with the whole Vendros shit, it does look like they're trying to make 40k more accessible for younger people or more casual players with the simplified rules and snap-fit models.

There's no need for a 200-page 100$ rulebook to have a simple wargame ruleset. I'm reading the AoS rules right now, and I'm stunned by how simple they are. I'm reading them and wondering how they managed to make fat bloated rulebooks like they did before, like I can't even remember what the other 196 pages of shit were filled with, and I can't even pick out one significant thing that's missing.

For any of you that like a Song of Blades and Heroes, over here I am doing some AoS warbands for the fun of it.

1) They need to eat and rest, but in lesser way than normal humans, aka, they can walk 24 hrs without pause and then fight if necessary.
2) Like says, they are crafted from Sigmar's own spirit, so if enough of them die, Sigmar's spirit will diminish, and they will no longer be able to be Reforged. Also, each time they die, they lose something of themselves - feelings, memories, etc. So it's not desireable to die for them even if they will be reforged. Sigmar's attack on Chaos is indeed a win/lose scenario, he cannot do the same again if his godhood gets sucked up remaking the SC. Also, their arms and armor is being forged by Grugni from the remains of the warhammer world, a finite resource.
Reforging is also massively painful (imagine your soul being smacked around in a forge), and let's say the skaven are gonna corrupt an important realmgate, and kill all the SC trying to take it, it's eventually corrupted, and skaven/chaos will take over even more land, destroying a potentially important travel route between the realms and gets a new place to consume, and kill even more of the pure survivors, the very people Sigmar is aiming to save.

Plastic weapon teams for all the skaven

Greyseers can't summon lizards but i could see a slann fighting aside them if that battle resulted in something else down the line. Remember space lizards are about little battles effective larger change

Using 3 stormcasts as Changlings for my tzeentch army

Out of the current elven infantry units, what's your favourite in regard to gameplay?

Phoenix Guard. Hard to beat 2 attacks om 3/3 with a 4/4 save.

>Changlings

saurus guard are 3 attacks, 3+/3+, Rend -1, Ignore Rend 1, 2+ save, and D3 damage if they didn't move

Yep, but he asked about elves, so I gave my honest answer.

Is there ever a moment when seraphon players aren't giant whiney assholes? I can't wait for Saurus warrior user to come back when points come out to show how objectively worse they are point wise.

List im currently building, thoughts. 100 pools scgt comp. i know it skews heavy on hero/elites, but i like playing elite armys.

Archaon (old)
Exalted Deathbringer
Aspiring Deathbringer
Bloodstoker
Bloodsecrator
Thanquol

3 varangard
3 stormfiend
10 blood warriors
2 wlc

as a dorf player, im kind of anticipating certain units to be apocalytically expensive (NOES my ironbreakers q.q.)

anyway, ha sthere been any new rumor about metal dorfs? im pretty curious.

U mad?

Anyone know where I can find a good sized cauldron mini? Building a shrine for my Maw-krusha and I want it to look like they are brewing mushroom beer in addition to offering meats and valuables.

Black guard. 20 of them spit out 40 3+hit 3+wound at -1 rend and reroll 1s

Blame GW for not supplying models to meet demand and crying foul when somebody finally did what they refused to do for years

I don't get what the whole intellectual property issue is even about. So what if they rename their orcs "orruks" and the "aelves" and whatever else. How does that stop another model company from putting out 25-28mm scale "orc" warrior miniatures?

More so since 9th age and kings of war dont care who owns the models for tournament play

Meanwhile we have games like infinity which openly accepts proxies since they have so many missing models for profiles. They even release books with 10+ new profiles but no new models. GW does pretty well releasing new models but in 5th it got a tad out of hand. It's one thing not to have every model but there were armies based aroun units with no models (tervigons and night scythes) and it got a bit rediculous. It really is a shitty precident though as they've just been going around retconning things without models.

They mode profiles without models. Profiles were good and people used them, and bought 3rd party things that were advertized as "GW UNIT XYZ" using their exact names based on the art GW put out. GW sued and lost, so those companies could keep doing it.

Thomarillion has a "dwarf stew" cauldron. Might fit, since orcs and dwarves aren't exactly best buds.

well I mean, if the GW store or GW-hosted tournaments don't want to allow non-GW models that's their prerogative, but I mean, they could have done that before anyways.

and ah, I see. And that makes sense. i mean if they just make artwork and shit and no models for that artwork, and someone else makes a model inspired by it, then I'm glad they lost.

Yeah, when people show up to tornaments with 5 literal croissants or other toys on bases/3rd party models it doesn't reflect very well on your game.

It doesn't stop them, but it does protect GW's IP. Because of how fucked up copyright law is, a company that does not actively defend their shit can lose the rights to their own products.

Blame GW for putting rules out well ahead of releases, blame third party companies trying to leech off the GW brand instead of making their own, blame the law for being retarded. It's all applicable.

>Meanwhile we have games like infinity
The difference is infinity does not have ten different companies making ban bocean bolts before CB actually gets around to releasing them.

Like, can you not see the difference in the two company's situations? Shitty practice or not, there's a lot going on under the surface.

Thanks!

infinity simply isn't big enough and also strictly dissalows other companies minis in their tornaments, which they built their game around. They also have a system for volume of models making the actual appearence all but irrelevant. If GW specifically put out something that said "covert a tervigon out of X! no 3rd party minis allowed their wouldnt be a problem. Before that the only thing 3rd parties sold were essentially bits like shoulder pads and helmets for marines.

How the mighty GW has fallen, I rememeber them encouraging sculpting and converting your own guys. Shoot they began as a company making rules so you can use your DnD minis for something else. I guess this goes both ways though since it doesn't seem like the modern wargame player can even be bothered to homebrew or even come up with their own paint scheme.

They still encourage conversions and sculpting. They just dont let you advertise other companies models in their stores or at their events. Its almost like theyre a business or something.

Its really as simple as that to be honest. Company that sells models doesnt want you to buy another companies models because they want to keep their market share. A significant number of GWs consumer base has likely never bought from a competing company.

that fatass probably ate his army afterwards

How many balance systems has aosg tried? Which ones do you recommend? What is the race balance like for those?

The orruk and elf thing was unnecessary. They can just have slightly longer titles on the units to make those copyrightable and have nation and or tribe named attached. Like they already did.

Warmacine had elves and dwarves and they've never had problem.

Also they only needed to have plans for the model to keep the copyright. Or they could not have plans make the model open source and still keep the copyright on the rules

I'm pretty sure he did at the end of the day.

>Shoot they began as a company making rules so you can use your DnD minis for something else
what could fly in the eighties can't fly today

I don't like it, but as the big fish in the pond they have to deal with a lot of shit other companies don't need to think about. Like, could you imagine the impact budget resin copies would have on any minor wargame? They wouldn't be able to survive. Miniatures are their largest (and often sole) source of revenue.

And look at how bland the lore and depending on your opinion game rulesis now. Warhammer didn't actually have actual miniatures for the first few editions but cardboard cut outs and if you ask me I felt more attached to my army in 5th and 6th ed than i do now since it was just that, my army. I even remember me and my friends actually making up stories for our unit champs and heroes, now a days i just feel like it's an excuse to set up a bunch of toys on the field and throw dice at each other.

so basically, the seraphons are the necrons of AoS.
>teleporting
>phasing out
>hidden worlds
>big powerful masters aka slann
>they don't care about anything