MTG EMA release thread

Post you're pack spoils famiglia
Here's what i got from my box

How much did you pay for your box? And how much do you make yourself believe you got in singles?

$240, and I think I pretty much covered it with these pulls + some lesser rares like DRS and GSZ, as well as a foil Chain Lightning.

good job, user
going to pick mine up between shifts.

I forgot the americucks still can't open EMA at this time woops

I'm just glad it'll pump more Chain Lightnings into the market.

Imma trade some of my Inquistions to finish my set.

I don't care if Legacy Burn is a meme; still fun as fuck.

Nice. Will be picking up my 4 boxes after work today. Hope I'm as lucky.

Pray for me Veeky Forums

4 boxes... man I wish I had enough money for like a few packs haha

Bought 6 packs

Gamble, Dack Fayden, and a Foil Enlightened Tutor.

Buying my singles over the next couple of weeks

You all plan to draft with your packs, right? Seems like potential fun wasted otherwise.

Serious question, I can get a box for $250 right now but I am concerned that it will continue to drop, should I hold off or get it now?

Has anyone else noticed the conspiracy hints on the back of the tokens?

Anyone getting into Legacy because of this? Am inclined to build Nic Fit just because of karakas, gsz and deathrite. Coupled with the fact that cabal therapies are gonna be cheap now, I think this deck could work with 1 Bayou+ shocklands

Just buy chinamen duals, senpai.

Planning to pick up a single pack in German, will post results later.

Reddit solved it days ago, I'm not digging it up. It spans a full sheet iirc, long winded, the 'guard' and 'rose' factions trying to rally the plebs.

p sure the prices of staple mythics like FoW aren't going to drop in the long term

>he buys fake cards from a slanty eyed ink merchant

right now EMA FoW is higher than Alliances FoW
it is still a mythic

it will all boil down to people selling their single FoW against people wanting three more to have their playset

also, I am kinda suspecting the price of the EMA version to end up higher than the Alliances version in the long run
the new artwork is better and 90% of Alliances FoWs in circulation have some kind of damage

>new artwork better pleb
nostalgia versus objectivity

>noone wants to do EMA draft
man, i was hoping to do it at least once like on every modern masters.

I'm drafting it tonight and tomorrow afternoon.

I'm gonna be phantom drafting a box with some pals at my LGS soon. I'll post the spoils in a couple hours.

Must be nice.

Draft online at least.

I have one in person but that's it's. I don't expect to be able to do more

Finally, weekend is here. Gotta take a huge dump first, in the meantime, dubs decides wich box I open first.

2nd one has all the value

Is there a combo list for EMA draft?

Also interested in this.

4th

But you have to open a foil Dack

Bought three packs.

Wasteland.
Sinkhole.
Glare of Subdual.

Foil Kird Ape.
Foil Bloodfell Caves.
Some foil uncommon kithkin.

Hymn to Tourach.
Chain Lightning.
Young Pyromancer.

Pretty good.

I immediately recognize some of the more obvious archetypes on both MM1 and 2, but EMA just flew over my head.

JUND
U
N
D

I think I did alright

Pretty shit tbqh

Bought one pack:
Sinkhole
Young Pyromancer
Nimble Mongoose
Nimble Mongoose (foil)

Trips even. Very well, box 4 it is. Also, here's what I got from the 2 "bonus" packs I got from leftover store credit. Wasteland seems like a nice start.

Like the pilgrim's eye art.

Nuh uh

I really like that foil. What's the point of foils if they don't look good.

Won 250 off gambling five bucks the other day. When is the American release?

That's old art.

The funny thing is the new art is only used in bfz

Opened one pack and got Wasteland.

Guys, this is useless posting. I could be lying and whether I'm telling the truth or not doesn't alter my post's value, since it shouldn't influence you in any way.

I'm much more interested in reading how your drafts/sealed went.

but user, no one wants to play EMA drafts around here.

Im drafting tonight, Should i do the 50 dollar draft with 8-4 EMA payout, or the 40 dollar draft with 12-8-3-3 payout.

>guys this is useless, you could lie about your pulls!
>instead we should talk about our drafts/sealed, which you couldn't POSSIBLY lie about

Fuck off, retard.

wat
isnt it obvious

not him, but the story about how a guy crushed a draft with the JtMS he may or may not have pulled is much more interesting than the story about a guy who may or may not have opened a JtMS in a pack

Is 40 burgerbucks worth the price for drafting?

Yes

my lgs is only $35 but i
1. don't have that kind of money
2. don't know these cards well enough to do well in a draft

Just draft Jund, trust me.

>signed up for draft
>bought six packs
>girlfriend wants to open 5 of them after work
>let the cat select the one pack I open before she gets home
>see a mythic rare poking out from the side of cards as I'm sifting through
>ohfuckyesit'snaturalorder
>nope it's just agathonian enchantress
>but I'm also building a Uril aura EDH deck
Things went better than expected. Overall, I got a couple of neat things so far including:
Daze, Peregrine Drake and a foil Carrion Feeder.

1st box has been opened. It wasn't amazing or anything but a quick estimate shows that I probably got my moneys worth.

I only need 63 more cards to complete the set so I'm definitely going to open another box.

I'm gonna make some diner now and then open another box. Still need 63 cards to complete the set.

Wich box has most of the remainder of the set Veeky Forums? Dubs or higher decides.

I'm drafting three pods for free because my friend had already paid for his place but now has to work that night.

I'm laughing at all the casual shitters that said it will be a new format when this set get released. shove your eternal format in the ass

middle one is cursed.

Everyone knows the new format is replacing Modern.

i might over the summer once i'm getting a paycheck

>drafting something that costs twice as much without being twice as crazy
Eternal Masters draft should be batshit off the wall lunacy that feels reminiscent of legacy itself. If I wanted a normal experience I would save money and PLAY A FUCKING NORMAL DRAFT.

By "balancing for draft" they removed any desire for me to draft it.

Bout to draft the set tmw ($35 for a draft, hard to turn that down). I haven't actively played since Dragons. Advice? Tips? Colors to draft?

Bought five packs and managed to pull a Mana Crypt and a Karakas. So I feel pretty good. Except for the now creeping fear that Mana Crypt is gonna get banned in commander.

Well, dinner is over and no dubs. But I still wanna open 1 more box before bed so I rolled a die. Opening box 3.

I had the same opinion about modern masters, too.

If it's going to be an arbitrarily limited, expensive run, I'm going to want an interesting draft.

Doubt it will but I'd trade it soon anyway, don't think it can hold at $90 for long after people realize how dangerous it actually is outside of combo or heavy lifegain decks.

Paid $200 for my box

Feel like I got real lucky

The Swords and BBE are foil. There's a Foil Animate Dead I got as well. Got a few other uncommons that might be worth a couple bucks

dudes at my lgs drafted it today. The only drops that are worth mentioning were: wasteland and foil daze. Yep, they were pretty pissed.

>Play a Modern masters draft
>no one gets anything
>Win a single pack
>Pull a foil Goyf
>mfw

JUND
U
N
D

Gonna pick up some packs at lgs on Monday, they shouldn't be sold out since there's not a big legacy meta in West Mifflin

>Playing a SOI sealed tournament
>Nobody at table is pulling anything of note besides that 7cmc mythic black sorcery nobody uses.
>Pull an Arlinn Kord in my fourth pack
>Pull a Foil Arlinn Kord my next pack
>Fifth place ffs

Still got money out of it, though.

this plus mystical tutor, two chain lightnings, 2 ashnod's altars, 1 relic of progenitus and a green sun's zenith.

6 packs, 12.50 a pack. I probably made about $15 on it lol

I'm ready for the market to crash on this set when no one actually wants any of the fuckin' cards.

Bought 3 packs
First pack was this. The other two were brago and entomb. Some guy bought a whole box and my first pack of eternal masters ever put his whole box to shame

This, I only want commons.
Most people only want Wasteland, FoW, Karakas and Sneak. Everything else will crash.

This is my situation right now as well. But its not a big deal considering my group is full of snakes. Might wait for hype to die down then get a box, gonna go get some boosters, maybe 3, later on for reasons

I got a massive discount so two boxes for me.
>Karakas
>FOW
>2 worldgorgers
>all of the Hondens that exist
>every bird I need for my bird deck
>a foil and regular of some expensive planeswalker
>every rare was bretty good except that Lorwyn card that has no justification for existence
I hoard cards so the precise monetary value doesn't matter to me. I think the guy next to me had a problem because he spent 800 dolladingoes for 4 boxes and now has a full playset of, well, everything. I seriously considered putting my pile and empty boxes next to his, taking a picture, and then claiming I bought all of it to fuck with you guys.

>Split a box and a half with co-workers
>Pulled Vampiric Tutor, Maelstrom, Sensei's, 2x Sphinx of the Steel Wind, Baleful Strix, and some junk rare
>the 2 co-workers there played a mini multiplayer sealed draft
>I won with golgari elves + blood artist + ashnod
>Golbin Trenches almost killed me though, it is a beast in limited
>Went back to work and brought the 4th guy his 6 packs
>He opens wasteland, force of will, foil control magic, foil arcanis

Damnit! They were in my hand! They were in my hand if I had just picked the different ones!

There will always be morons who want the cards.

The only way Magic is going to improve is if you shame the fuck out of the people who say, "I'm going to get into Legacy because of this".

Dumb motherfuckers. They think it's worth spending $2000 on lands because the remainder of the deck went from $500 to $400.

Like, you look at the players out there. There are some people with dozens of EDH decks, and all those decks need a pile of the same cards. Or there are some people out there with multiple Cubes. And these same retards believe for some idiotic reason for an unsanctioned format that the cards must be real.

>Buy one pack from the store as a joke since they cost 3.8x as much as a normal booster
>Get a karakas
>About to sell it to the store and buy 11 SOI boosters with the cash
>Guy at counter informs me that there's a %15 increase in sell value if we trade for store credit
>Buy 13 SOI boosters instead
>Pull a Grim Nemesis and a foil Kessig Forgemaster while the rest were nothing special.

So I sold quite a few fake cards to my LGS about 2 weeks ago for store credit to buy some EMA boxes.

Gonna be weird if I pull real versions of the fakes I sold.

>buy 13 SOI boosters

Funny enough I did get a triskaidekaphobia

RIP

Nobody cubes with real duals, that's what Collectors Edition was for.
Also Championship Deck Wasteland, Cradle, Port, etc.

>tfw my lgs is charging $65

Yo nigga send that crypt and Gamble my way

Seeing as the card is restricted in Vintage and banned in legacy, the real value of the card comes not out of it's legacy playability, but out of it's EDH playability (and crypt is broken to all hell in EDH). If it were banned from EDH, the price would tank.

>Me and my Brother both bought a box
>I get a Mana Crypt, Wasteland, Gamble and Two Tops
>My brother gets a Jace, Crypt, Karakas, Two Wastelands, A sylvan Library, Entomb and a Foil Vampiric tutor
>mfw

well fuck me, right?

>Arcanis, The Omnipotent
>$2.50 canuck bux
Buy 'em while they're cheap. Every faggot and their commander deck is going to want one of these.

He's a dollar rare you goober

Oh I know he is, but do you realize how many commander decks use him as a staple? Any one who plays U will want him, and as soon as those 4 color commander decks get printed, 10, 000 faggots are going to want a copy of him. Don't say I didn't warn you.

2 drafts, got a Sneak Attack, Sylvan Library, Goblin Charbelcher, foil Musical Tutor, and a few dollar uncommons.

Drafted UG Hondens for laughs and a shitty GB Elves because I'm a stupid 12 year old. They both sucked and the UG deck would've gone to turns if we had kept track of time. I think I went 1 and 2 both drafts.

Was kinda fun though, I bought a box to draft later. Daze performed better than I anticipated, and Hydroblast was a fantastic sideboard card to nobody's surprise

You think so? Luckily I have one, somewhere

In the box of blue cards I never build with

Yup, hold onto him, and anything that fucks with people's fancy dancy lands. Like that one uncommon red sorcery that causes all sorts of fuckulation.

Price of Progress? That's an instant

But if that's the one you mean I have a few, I adore that card

he might be talking about ruination

land destruction is best destruction

Wasn't printed in EMA

Still an absolutely stellar card