Generate a Chapter/Cadre

Allright Veeky Forums since we seem to have been having fun with these so far, and im fucking bored and dont want to do my job pick whether we generate a Space Marine Cadre or a Tau Chapter.

Lets make it a dice roll to get into things.
00-49=Chapter
50-100=Cadre

Rolled 36 (1d100)

Rolling for Tau

Fail on the first roll, that does not bode well.

Space Marine chapter it is, roll me a d10 for reason behind its founding.

Maybe we will roll up some Tau for these boys to fight when we are done.

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Rolling. Let our proud history be laid bare!

>Strategic Prognostication

Looks like one of the Librarians had a grave vision and began rambling on about an imminent threat in our founding system.

Give me a d100 for when we were founded.

how about let us come up with some ideas?

I was thinking we would let a few more rolls flesh the chapter out a bit before but why not.

What great threat was this chapter formed to combat?

Rolled 87 (1d100)

We are hoping for founding right?

well thats about as far from founding as it gets

Guess not. Looks llike this is a young upstart chapter just fresh out of the Last Founding and born into an age of unprec-actually, an age of very precedented strife and violence.

Now determine your gene-seed. Who was thsi chapters progenator (d100)?

Rolled 69 (1d100)

Rolling.

Oh. Oh dear. Your chapter seems to owe its Gene-Seed to the Dark Angels.
A proud history as the 1st Legion of the Imperium but with a deep set guilt agains their ancient crime and burnded with secrets.

Lets see how much you take after them shall we? (d10)

Rolled 57 (1d100)

pray against mutation, emperor let us be pure
hurr hurr

Rolled 41 (1d100)

Fuck. Let's hope for the not too related.

*cough*d10*cough*

Well this thread turned to shit hastily

Rolled 6 (1d10)

Same thing.

>A New Generation
Looks like youve got a slightly divergent chapter here, perhaps a reason behind the Dark Angels choosing to found a new chapter and seperate you from the more pure flock?

Now you arent divergent or, worse yet, flawed, you can roll on the possible mutation chart to see what common mutations the unlucky 10% develop. (d10)

If not, then proceed straight to rolling your new Chapters demeanor. (d10)

Mark which is which when you roll.

Oh. My bad. I meant "Gene Seed Deficiencies" NOT mutations. Totally different thing, right?

Rolled 9 (1d10)

Geneseed problems. Hoping for Fallen then.

....and I thought rolling Dark Angels was a bad omen.
>Doomed
It looks like the Chapter has lost the ability to replicate either the Black Carapace or Progenoids.
Your going to need to sort that out unless you dont want there to be a next generation for the chapter.

Lets get that demeanor roll then.

Rolled 6 (1d10)

Hahahaha. Wonderful.

>See, but don´t be seen.
Perhaps, understandably, your chapter has taken on this approach as a way of compensating for their inability to easily replenish their ranks.

Striking when and where the enemy is weakest, your chapter prefers guerilla and stealth tactics....as far as a chapter of walking tanks can of course

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!

Indeed Brother.

Now lets have 2 d100s first for the Figure of Legen and second for their Deeds of Legend.

Rolled 85, 19 = 104 (2d100)

Let's a go!

Rolled 51 (1d100)

so were ninja marines now?

>Company Captain
Perhaps not the most grandios of titles but your figure of Legend was/or is a proven leader and warrior and famed as the
>Ork´s Bane
Still feared amongst Nobz and Grots alike.

Guess we can guess what great trouble brought your founding about I guess.
Give me a d10 for which company he led and any suggestions for your great heros name.

Lets also get the Homerworld down. (d100)

Just realized I used the word "guess" three times in the same sentence. I feel silly.

Rolled 74 (1d100)

Homeworld first. Plz be a death world.

Rolled 57 (1d100)

Can we combine
Together?

Rolled 3 (1d10)

Captain Ezequiel Toof-Breaker

A civilized Death World?
Give me a reasonable concept by one and I´ll allow it.

So captain of one of one of the Chapters Battle companies.

Captain Ezequiel Toof-Breaker of Third Company work for everyone?

What's a better place to hide a failing generation with extreme stealth tanks. A barely civilized death world.

We were also driven back to that world by an Ork WAAAGH, and other enemies we might roll up.

....Ok. The nature of the world might be behind the loss of the ability to produce Progenoids or the Black Carapace.

Your chapter hails from a Death world where the local population desperately tries to cling on.
Lets get a d100 for the local terrain (not every planet is Catachan after all).

Rolled 66 (1d100)

Ice world get!

Rolled 32 (1d100)

>inb4 super Vietnam.

>Wasteland
Sounds Postapocalyptic....could see that working with Civilized.
Unless you wanna use your reroll here?

Reroll would be Desert if you take it.

seconding the name of our glorious captain
1st company can suck it

Nah. Wasteland will make our failure more lore easier.

Sound like you kind of fucked up your homeplanet in the process of fighting off the ork. Interesting.

Lets get the d10 for how you rule this ruined husk of a world then.

Let's go.

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Great.

>Distant Rule

You do not bother with everyday affairs of the people of your homeworld, probablly because they spend most of their time trying to survive and live seperately in your Fortress Monastary/Bunker/Sky Fortress/Playboy Mansion

Now give me 1 d10 to see how adherrant you are to the Codex and another for your combat doctrine if you are divergant.

i just realized we are power armoured facists ruling the ruined remains of a civilised world figthjng giant green violent psychpaths while not bothering to actually rule anything only bothering to show up from our bunkers for supplies, new recruits or to kill green skins

weve become the Brotherhood of Steel

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Let's go.

>Divergent
You do not hold the Codex as sacred as some of your more rigid chapters but you still follow the basic outline it sets out unlike some of the crazier chapters out there.

Lets get a combat doctrine for your guys.

How many companies do we have?

Sounds like Captain Ezequiel of 3rd Company it is, as we have no other contenders.

Rules pretty much line out that you have 10.
Now whether they are full strenght or not...

Rolled 4 (1d10)

Stealth is the only one that makes sense here.

Vice Captain Smith D'Brickshaw of 5th company.

Let's split 6/7 Company as our artillery squad if we have any.

>Stealth

Looks like the dice agree. Where did you pick up those Stealth Boy STCs?
Your chapter has taken its demeanor beyond just a predelection for guerilla combat and focused its entire doctrine on ambush and stealth tactics.

And since you are Divergent you get Special Equipment for 1d100 and no Restrictions.

3rd company is set due to roll but any votes for Smith D´Brickshaw?

Rolled 58 (1d100)

Plz be the biggest mech, I forgot what it was. We need to be maximum CREEEEED!!!

Uh...well its not a Titan.
>Blessed Wargear
Seems your Chaplain doesnt have much better to do that spend his time praying over ALL your weapons.
Hell even Brother Rohaqs skinning knife was blessed.

We really need to get our Chaplain a nrw hobby.

Now lets get find out what you actually believe in.
1d100 for your chapter beliefs.

How Hereticas ARE you?

Rolled 69 (1d100)

If we are super heretical......Maybe I can set something up.

>Honour the Ancestors Thank the Emperor it wasnt Totem Creature
You revere your fallen brothers and predecessors for they have given all for the Emperor and his Imperium. Though you do tend to go on a bit about them at the local Chapter mixers.

Now lets see just how screwed for manpower you are.
1d10 for Chapter strength.

Rolled 2 (1d10)

Remembet when WE used to be relevant and OP? The good old days.

Truely our ancestors were the greatest space marines!

Oooh, so close.
>Under-strength (surprise surprise)
Within the last decade or perhaps a little longer, you suffered a significant loss of man power and have been unable to refill your ranks.
Should you fix your deficiency you should rebuild steadily but without that you are perilously close to becoming an endangered species.

Now.
1d100 for Allies

1d100 for Enemies

Rolled 70, 83 = 153 (2d100)

First is for allies. Second is Enemies.
Shame I'm on mobile.

Ok, Looks like
>Imperial Guard
You are friendly with the local IG from a specific world, either you own or in the local area. Perhaps having to rely on them for manpower to make up for what you lack.

>Specific Chaos Aligned Group
Some Chaos force in the local area has taken a particular umbrage with you and the feeling is quite mutual. Who are the heretical bastards?
(i.e., Traitor Titan Legion, Chaos pirates, renegade Imperial Guard, etc.)

Op, a twist. Can the Fallen be called Chaos? Because that's a nice twist. The puny "militia" they call an IG is our friendlies.

And now we have Minutemen

How is this not Fallout?!

My sides user, my sides.

That is acceptable.

A Break off group of the Fallen, who have turned to chaos as space faring pirates have decided to call your new home their hunting ground and continue to hound your already troubled existence.

While out hunting orks, we may or may not have "accidentally" stole something by the Fallen, learning some secrets we shouldn't have learned. Rode our assess and an Ork WAAAGH to this shitty place on the fringe of some galaxy and crippling us from making new Marines while murdering most of our good forces, leaving us to be Solid Snake in massive tanks.
I love it.

Should I add during our escape we may or may not have "accidentally" ruined a colony that was starting to take place and most of the planet too.

You certainly are an oddball chapter amongst the final founding.

Summary:

Why was the Chapter Founded: Strategic Prognostication

When was the Chapter Founded: 41st Millennium

Progenitor: Dark Angels

Gene-Stock Purity: A New Generation

Chapter Demeanour:See, but don´t be seen.

Gene-Seed Deficiencies: Doomed

Who are the Chapter's heroes: Captain of 3rd Company

Deeds of Legend: Orks Bane

What type of planet is the Chapter's Home World: Civilized Deathworld

Home World Predominant Terrain: Wasteland

Relationship with Home World: Distant Rule

How Closely Does the Chapter follow the Codex Astartes: Divergent

Combat Doctrine: Stealth

Special Equipment: Blessed Wargear

Chapter Beliefs: Honour the Ancestors

What is the current status of you Chapter: Under Strength

Friends: Local Imperial Guard

Enemies: The Fallen (As Chaos Pirates)

Now we need a name and some fluffing out the gaps in between.

We are starting to sound like the Fail Marines

Or we could roll up some tau for them to be allies with against the tyrannids, orks, necrons and dark elder.

Frankly, that's the best way we can fluff out why we are doing so terrible.
Nein.

Could be that "Imperial Guard" is actually a Tau Auxillary force made of the local human population.

Just in true Fail Marine fashion we completely fail to realize this.

Maybe, just maybe it'll work.

When we set out on this little gaunt to create a new chapter.

I did not expect to generate the most miserabel group of chucklefucks to ever purge.

Don't blame the man, blame the die.
Better yet, it was a Tau planet that we razed into the ground, while suprisingly avoiding a small human settlement that we forced to be our IG regiment.

And theres our hook for why the Tau are in the system.

ROLL FOR SEPT FOUNDING (d10)

Rolled 4 (1d10)

Let's have a Rashomon style retelling on how we got here.

>Second Sphere Expanions

Your Cadre was founded during th second sphere expansion, you were part of the Tau forces establishing order amongst worlds left to wither and fray. It was also when the Tau Empire first came into conflict with the Imperium of man as they tried to retake the numerous worlds they had neglected and allowed to fall to ruin.

Lets ge the predominant terrain of your Cadres homeworld. d10

Rolled 1 (1d10)

Pls be wasteland.

>Desert
...closest youre gonna get on the Tau cadre chart

Your cadres homeworld is a dry desolate and windswept land. Perhaps it used to be a lush garden world but not it is mostly rock and sand.

Now lets get your commanders philospophy d10
and your tactical preference d100.

Perfect, better yet, let's have the desert be part of the world WE HAVEN'T BURNED DOWN/IRRADIATED.

Rolled 42, 21 = 63 (2d100)

First for philosophy. Second for combat.

>Mont’ka, the Killing Blow – Study the enemy before attacking its weak point.

Your commander prefers to plan out a well co-ordinated and overwhelming offensive to strike at the enemies most vulnerable points and defeat them in a single offensive blow.

Which is a little strange as the Cadre rather prefers the Static approach and dont go much in for the hybrid combat style to best compliment your commander.
>Static/Stationary units shelling enemy before they risk casualties in combat

Seems like an ambitious commander with a lazy group of Firewarriors to me.

Looks like artillery-based ambush tactics to me, utilizing the chasms and mesas of the desert world to funnel enemy troops into chokepoints which they then bomb into oblivion.

Next is the primary function of your Cadre.

d10

Or it could be one of the old human colonies that was nuked in the Age of Strife. Any radiation has died down to safe levels long ago, there were no survivors, just ruins. Old, old ruins.

They encounter the irradiated shithole of the Chapters homeworld, see its humans suffering as they imagined the previous denizens of their colony once suffered and start sending human missionaries of the Greater Good to show them a better way.

After the chapter has murdered all the orks, obviously.

Due to the Distant Rule of the chapter, its distinct lack of interest in anything civilian and horrendous bad luck they don't notice the outside influence until the next batch of recruits start going on about The Greater Good.

The chapter doesn't care. It instils a good work ethic in the plebs, a proud and protective mindset in the soldiers, promotes order and so makes Chaos less likely and is purely ideological so faith in the Emperor remains as strong as ever. Slightly stronger in fact due to the less shitty conditions.

And they never suspected it was an outside influence. They just assumed it was a beneficial cultural shift amongst the population.

By the time the actual Tau turn up the saturation of the Greater Good is so strong that the chapter doesn't open fire immediately. It also helps that they turned up just as the chapter was getting chewed on by 'nids and the Tau started bug slaying.

Thus was born an uneasy alliance between Chapter and Sept, both hoping that the Ethereals and Inquisitors don't look too hard in their direction.

Rolled 7 (1d10)

Ha.

>Peacekeeping/Policing
Lazybones Cadre it is. Your primary function is to maintain the order of the Greater Good amongst the many Tau and non-Tau colonies, preventing hostile and disruptive elements from harming them.

Suffer not the Xeno to live, brother. Have you forgotten this?

Though I like your idea, I'd think they'd notice a Tau fleet at their door. Maybe they killed the Tau off, and trained their population as a little side-army in case it happened again? It could also explain why the chapter is under strength, having taken casualties defending their homeowlrd?

Better yet, while the fail Angels are dealing with their shit forgetting the planet they razed. The Tau have more or less started planning our death with massive amounts of DEATH FROM ABOVE!!
Oh god.
They could be hiding in the deserts just noticing our shit.