/srg/ Shadowrun General - Silver Bullets, Wood Stakes, and APDS For Good Measure Edition

...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Green Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Ghoulmail...

*Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
*Last Viewed Files: >→
*Ordo_Maximus_Mailing_List_REMEMBER_TO_DELETE_THIS_AFTER_SENDING_THE_BAKESALE_INVITES_THIS_TIME_PHIL_DE_VRIES_IS_GETTING_CLOSE.epub
*Goblin_Tunnels_Map.trd
*Stake_To_The_Heart.sklchp
*LoupGarou_Fight_Training.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 286 (77% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Three More Dead, We Need To Geek This Harvester NOW'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked
>github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage:
>pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running VampsSuckBest.btl...

>Watch your back
>shoot straight
>conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a wendigo

You just got a call from your fixer, he's set you up with a very important job. There's some type of Infected hunting in your neighbourhood - not sure what, but all signs point to a Type II, possibly multiple variants working together judging by the state of the corpses that are piling up. You need to find it (or them) and geek them today. What's your plan?
Also, you faggots better write up an OP, I'm tired of making threads[/spoilers]

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/gmbmzbuv29c997f/Dex.pdf?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=tGDO-9hfaiI&t=46
pastebin.com/DxH2D65S
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tell me about it.

I'm neurotic when it comes to GMing, terrified that the players will think of something and I won't know how to describe it mechanically, so I have gathered some texts that I'm pretty sure are illegal, or at least highly suspicious. Anarchist Cookbook, stuff on how bodies rot (and how to change the rate of decomposition), Poisoner's Handbook (describing what plants and minerals are toxic, how they kill or injure, and how to secretly dose someone with them), and all manner of things about how to resist tear gas, how to properly loot a building, common police procedures and how to get around them, etc.

I'm worried that I'll be implicated in a crime somehow, or just go missing, and the cops will seize my computer and fuck me.

Having the mage send out his Spirits to locate the pack is my best bet.

After that, FAB-III the whole fucking nest!

Dude, given how efficient the governmental and peacekeeping bodies are at this shit, I can only say one thing: don't worry.

So, how does this sound as a full essence point worth of bioware for a Log-based mage?

*Alpha Cerebellum Booster 1
*Standard Cerebral Booster 2
*Alpha Pain Editor
*Standard Platelet Factory

You start with 14 dice to resist drain, ignore pain penalties and stun, take one less physical when you do take it, and it's all possible for a starting character (with Restricted Gear).

Alternatively, replace Platelets with Symbiotes so that you can heal up faster from drain. And if you don't mind either delaying getting everything, you can replace either with another level of the Cerebral Booster.

Just remember, knowledge isn't illegal. Using that knowledge, however, is. So try to not make friends with shady people, because if you do, you are gonna get raped in the showers when you are in prison.

What's your next character concept? this is mine.

You got a bunch of FAB-III lying around? It's 20F and 25,000¥ per square meter, so trying that would cost hundreds of thousands of nuyen, not to mention that acquiring it takes time that you don't have- the job has to be done today.

Also, where are you that you can send spirits to comb the whole neighbourhood without pissing someone off? Extraterritorial zones will blast their astral ass to dust, the regular cops will be on you for violating all kinds of privacy laws, and even if you do somehow find this hidden den the potentially dual-natured Infected will see you coming and be ready to eat your face off.

0/10, would not run with.

Just got done making an Adam-Jensen-esque character.

Dual Obvious cyber arms, enhanced AGI + STR, Hand Blades and Shock Hands.

Better yet, here's a character sheet.

dropbox.com/s/gmbmzbuv29c997f/Dex.pdf?dl=0

Sure, go in with all guns blazing, kiddo. One more body on the pile.

>told to do a job

>proposes an outlandish plan uses resources that he could not possibly have, with information he could not possibly get

>'the only options are this way or you walk in the front door and die'

Blah, blah, blah...

Do us all a favor and either put your money where your mouth is or shut up, kiddo.

Jesus, the admins let everyone post on this shadowfeed these days...

I'm wondering if cybered up drake rigger who carries an 80-lbs elf minigunner on their back while accompanied by a small fleet of flying drones is a playable option.

Still working on this unholy Shadowrun-XCOM hybrid.
Please tear this apart for me.
But ignore Psionics. I know it's lorebreaking, but it does make sense in context, I promise.

>every category has three subcategories

>every category but one

rename mutant as SURGE, and add shapeshifter or something in there, Ghost Christ user it's triggering me so bad

Hi Daniel!

Swap Burnout with Biocompatibility

dat pic
fucking 12/10
I laughed so hard I snorted

Groups rigger analyses the data on the victims locations and tries to find out where the cukprits are operating from. CCTV footage is screened also for information.

Meanwhile rest of the gang gets milspec NBC suits and bodysuits to go under them. Flamethrowers are also acquired.

Hopefully rigger finds out where the cukprits operate from and team is ready to go. Using drones to recon, find the culprits, burn the culprits and burn everything just incase.

>milspec NBC suits and bodysuits to go under them

Like what, the MCT EE Suit from R&G? It's only Armour 6. Unless there is some really great armoured bodysuit that I have forgotten, it's still going to be close whether or not they can claw through the seal and into your flesh. Definitely a viable plan, though.

> Flamethrowers are also acquired.

...that reminds me, are there stats for flamethrowers in 5e?

The Blazer in R&G is the best one. 10P, -6AP, SA/BF/FA and of course the potential to set something on fire, all your for 2200 nuyen plus ammo.

Only 4 shots in it and it takes a full turn to reload, though, so probably a good idea to use it in pairs. One guy coats the room in napalm while the other stands by with a shotgun or something automatic in case it keeps coming, or gets the chance to put it down instead of having it run around setting the building on fire.

Thanks! Just what I needed for my juicer muscle.

Why bother going in yourself when your rigger can send drones they cannot feed on?

There's also underbarrel flamethrower rules; for only 200¥ more you can mount it to your favourite assault rifle. There's some special flamethrower rules in R&G, but the most important one is you need Exotic Weapon (Flamethrower).

Definitely worth the investment, IMO.

Our GM would handwave that those milspec NBC suits. Bodysuits underneath them would be the real armor.

More firepower and our elf demolition expert would want to test his new incendiary explosives. Drones are of course coming with us.

Thanks. The only problem is that I just noticed the blazer is 16F, and the underbarrel variant - 18F. So I guess I'm gonna stick with Shiawase Arms Incinerator for now; I'm not gonna need any qualities for 12F, right?

Paraplegic rigger who drives a tank.

Nope.

You might face some weird questions if anyone sees you going around with a slagging flamethrower, but...

One that I'll be able to play. Being a forever DM is suffering.

Also, I screencapped this. It amused me.

Enter the frightening world of DMPCs and inject them to right places.

Yeah, right. We weren't planning on hitting anyplace classy anyways. Them runners can go fuck around with dragons and corps; we, honest criminals and friendly, local gangers, have to make our living the hard way.

Also, posting Cayce Pollard 'cause I put her in my /srg/ folder for some reason.

Paraplegic rigger who IS a tank

I might be bitter, but I'm not a dickwad.

Check the price tags again- The Incinerator is 10k. It's also way less accurate and single-shot, for slightly more damage and ammo.

Even if you give the face or your fixer a hefty bribe to get it for you in-game, you'd be saving money and getting a better weapon.

>We, honest criminals and friendly, local gangers, have to make our living the hard way.

I hear you, omae. Be extra prudent when you go after those... things. They're faster, meaner, stronger than before they got infected; and they can do magic. Things can get nasty real fast.

Shadowrun is a pretty great system for a dmpc to be inserted for a session.
>you guys need an extra gun
>call your fixer, he hooks you up with one
>Jimmy the dmpc gets to play for a session
>don't steal the spotlight, but you get to test your characters

I still want to play a cybered up underground boxer elf from tir na nog. (Restricted gear quality for rating 4 muscle replacement)
I started trying to learn Irish because of it.

FINALLY A REASON FOR THE TANK TREAD LEGS

Our "face" is a total bimbo who wouldn't know a flamethrower from a box of matches; I'm not sure it would be reasonable to ask her for anything more dangerous than a blowdryer.

Yeah. Still, an orc gotta eat.

youtube.com/watch?v=tGDO-9hfaiI&t=46

This was what I was after. Our GM and us like to do big runs in terms of operating so we hire multiple freelancers or our contacts to help us. GM then digs out proper pre-made characters to help us. For example when we smuggled guns to Ancients we had Ancient brawler as DMPC to ensure that our business in Ancient territory goes without disturbance.

You mean "NPC".

Thanks for advice, but I'm still not convinced. Accidentaly masturbating with my character is one thing. But there's also the fact that the vibes that I feel while DMing are very different from those i get while playing. I don't think it'd be possible for me to both run a game and enjoy it at the same time.

Then walk up to a random guy on the street and offer him 5000¥ plus expenses if he can get you a Blazer.

There is no universe where it would be preferable to waste 10,000¥ on a shitty weapon when the better version is still well within accessibility range of a PC in-game, is one-fifth the price, AND IS BETTER.

Don't shackle yourself to a shit gun because it's the easy thing to get at chargen; stretch your RP muscles a tiny amount and it will pay dividends.

Might I suggest grenades? They're cheaper, easier to obtain, conceal and use and they pack more punch than a flamethrower.

Yeah, I know. It's just that... y'know, a flamethrower.

OK, user. Thanks for your advice.

Mage who works for the nork goverment in exile.

Would that even still be going?

They got invaded by Japan ~70 years ago, and it's not like Best Korea had a big stockpile of resources and well-laundered cash overseas to keep an exiled government going in the early aughts. All the people who remember Kim Jong-Il are either dead or ancient, and they were shown exactly how they had been abused and denied under the Communists.

I can see a hard core of supporters and more hangers-on sticking around for a decade or two (though as no one would want to recognize their claim to Korea or allow the 'exiles' to officially shelter with them in case it pissed of Japan, and everyone got too busy with the Awakening anyways to care about them), but surely by 2077 they must be gone. No money and no support means everyone who saw advantage in supporting them is gone, and 70 years means that everyone with a living memory of DPRK is dead or ancient.

I know, it triggers me too. I tried hard to come up with a good third option but to no avail.
Mutant is primarily (although not exclusively) there to accomodate HMHVV infected, so I don't think SURGE would quite fit. I'm not sold on shapeshifter, unfortunately, seems very narrow and potentially doable under Mutant.
Thank you, I will do that.

Probably more like the Iron Will or similar. ie; a vehicle you walk in. Then you can wear armour underneath.

male surged Phys adept who was raised believing he is the earthly form of Fenrir. Decided that meta humanity is fucking themselves hard enough, decides to just ride the hedonism train till everything goes to shit.

Spirit mage with Spider as a mentor spirit. Has a plan for everything. Most of the plans call for Parcel F, delivered by air spirits.

A street Sam with no ethics, code of honor, ware, or magic. Does just about anything, and throws handfuls of edge to make things work.

>And never, ever cut a deal with a wendigo
I read this as 'And never, ever cut a deal with a weaboo' first scan.

Still good advice.

Isn't that the lesson of LoveLoveAnon's module?

Egyptian Mage marked by one of the gods, and trying, in general, to avoid getting that much direct attention ever again.

Or at least have it not lead to needing to move through more than one nation in secret.

So, this is kinda embarrassing to ask, but is there any system that can run Shadowrun-y kind of stuff that ISN'T Shadowrun of any edition?
My group is into magic stuff and mystery and actions and humans and supernatural shit and politics, but we genuinely don't have the time in our lives to spend making characters in this edition or the previous ones and the system takes way too much time to set up and all of us can find at LEAST three things in the systems that we absolutely hate.

So basically, are there alternatives to SR? I figured you fellows, knowledgable as you are, might know of alternatives.

GURPS

pastebin.com/DxH2D65S

/srg/ help I'm spending karma on Artisan (Swedish Chef)

I'm completely out of ideas for dogrigger and I still have 30 karma to spend

Help me finish this character before I completely lose it

You have an option for Infected? Bold move, Cotton.

On a general note, you can cram SURGE, Infected, and shapeshifters into the same category, as they're all very narrow, but there's no reason to force yourself to do that. You have the space, spread out into 'Infected' (using the Mutant rules) and SURGE (which can also cover shapeshifters). Class I, II, and III level metagenic qualities fit right into the scheme, you just need 2 more powers.

UNSTABLE GENETICS
Once per encounter, you may gain a Metagenic Quality you do not already possess.

MANA FLUX
You permanently gain an inherent metavariant magical ability.

Side note, Latent Telepathy seems OP as fuck. It's Control Thoughts, but with no 'cooldown' (which means no drain?) so there's no reason not to do it over and over, because it's almost always going to be a better option to roll for the chance to eliminate one enemy and gain one ally, then it is to roll for the chance to eliminate one enemy.

What module is that?

It's some user's homebrew. It's in the pastebin. Very mohawk.

The thing about the norks is that their main methods of income (drugs and money counterfeiting) don't really require a nation.

Is there a list of premade missions? Though something like an example secure building with all potential hazards for those trying to break in listed would be good too.

>North Korean citizens, including government officials have been involved in drug trafficking for years, according to the CIA World Factbook. It said in recent years North Korea had been linked to large shipments of heroin and methamphetamine.
>Other illegal exports North Korea had intended for foreigners had come back to bite the country, Jang said. Counterfeit notes proved to be too poor a quality for foreign use but had ended up on the North Korean market. The problem was so widespread that Pyongyang would not accept widely counterfeit $100 notes for loyalty offerings, insisting $50 notes were paid instead, he said. For its part, the North Koreans have denied any involvement in counterfeiting.
>Similarly, recreational drugs intended for international criminal markets had instead become a domestic headache, with many North Koreans now suffering from addiction to drugs such as meth and opium, he said. Click here to read New Focus' article on drugs in North Korea.

Well, they don't seem to be doing well with a nation.

There's literally a series of modules called Missions, intended for convention play. Check the pastebin, see if those scratch the itch.

New player here, I just want to make Kenshiro. What skills let me punch people so hard they explode? Can I use chi to heal people? is there any way to up physical hitboxes to retarded heights, or should I just get that mystic armor thing my GM mentioned to me.

Holy shit; not that user but if that's the ones from the convention, I can go back and read the very first run I did.

Phys adept.
Killing hands.
Critical strike.
5e has empathetic healing and transfer damage so you can take on allies wounds and put it on enemies.
4e has some weird chi healing for stun damage.
If you want more Stun, get more willpower
If you want more Phys boxes, raise body.

Killing Hands lets your unarmed attacks do Phys. Get that, Critical Strike (Unarmed), and some stuff to boost your STR, either on a permanent or temporary basis. Consider a point of 'ware, because at the worst you can get 2 PP worth of powers for one Essence (and the nuyen costs, of course).

There's empathing healing and damage channeling, for other's wounds and your own. And there's a power called Supernatural Toughness that gives one Phys and one Stun box per level. It's just a bit costly.

>Damage channeling
Is this from 4e?

Which one would you recommend for 5e?

How do I port pic related to Shadowrun?

Also, do you think they'll be happier in this setting?

>You will never be a one woman school of anti.

I tried this and the players keep adopting all the one shot NPCs I make. I feel like maybe I should kill one off but can't find a good reason.

>can't find a good reason

>Implying a reality check brought on by an act of random violence wouldn't be appropriate to remind the players that they are in a dystopia, a chaotic and harsh world where they are very much on the outside of whatever protection exists

It's the transfer damage that the person above mentioned. I just done forgot the name.

Mys-Adept that uses a Finnish variation on the general framework of the Norse tradition. More singing, less eye-sacrifices.

Probably won't be much happier, but at least Z already has a runner-ish type story to her. No comment on Caim of Caerleon and Red, though.

Being a dick just to set the tone is too much like being a dick just because. I want a Watsonian reason to off someone, not a doyleist one.

Chasing the Wind is good if you're brand new to SR. It's very sort of set-upy, a clear laying of the groundwork for the rest of the season.

I'd read the first couple of both Seasons 4 and 5, see which one strikes your fancy.

Probably. Depends on when you started and who ran it- they release the Missions regularly for everyone, but there's also special CGL ones that their staff uses for the big cons, which are held back from the public for a year.

?

>The world sucks and sometimes people die
is the Watsonian answer.

>There are too many NPCs running around for you to keep track of
is the Doylist reasoning.

>Well, they don't seem to be doing well with a nation.
Yeah, they're not very good at running one. Once they no longer have a nation, all those problems evaporate and they can instead become a criminal syndicate that happens to dream about bringing about a revolution some day.

Hey, if that user who is making an actual play series and was looking for commercial ideas is still around, NERPS. Throw some NERPS in there, they'll be great.

>How do I port pic related to Shadowrun?
Spirit pact of some sort. It would be with a free spirit instead of a dragon but eh.
>Also, do you think they'll be happier in this setting?
No.

Savage Worlds, FATE, Apocalypse World, all of them have conversion guides in the net.

Nova Praxis.

College age Ork phys adept. Plays on the college's combat bike team and is running to try to pay his tuition fees after his father died. Very bro, has a Jazz addiction.

holy shit my sides.

A pop-star character that juggles her celebrity life with being a runner.

Would have disguises, good in social situations, and would be the party's sniper that uses LOS spells with a scope instead of bullets.

Reminds me of a concept I had - SINless girl of Irish descent grabbed by the Boston Massacre Urban Brawl team, brainwashed through a personafix into a hard-drinking lass with a brogue and outfitted with shotgun fists. She tested well with trial audiences, but something happened (I guess the fitting scenario now would be the Lockdown) and she was cut loose/ran off. Now she's on her own, kitted with fighting 'ware and a personality that doesn't quite fit.

Now that I remember it, I should really make it up.

Does anyone know if any of those fighting bracers with the guns built in are any good, or should I go straight to cybershotguns?

The Nyyen shave club...
I like the idea of using them, but so many european accents I cannot imitate as a GM.

>The Nyyen shave club

What? I've never heard of that before.

Some user made it. All razorgirl squad named Braun, Phillips, Gillette, Shick, and Venus.

How do Shick and Venus fit in?

Those are brands of razors, too.

Eh, had to google those.

Do they fight against dwarves with massive fucking beards?

>fighting bracers with the guns built in
What would those be, user?

Hard Targets Exotic Firearms. Read it.

>Shotgun Fists

There can only be one