I don't get it, why are thieves called "knights of the post"?

I don't get it, why are thieves called "knights of the post"?

>asking things you can literally google yourself
App-fucking-ly yourself.

Post = Mail
Thieves steal mail (shipments of goods).
Knights are part of the bourgeoisie.
Lower class likes to mock the bourgeoisie.
Calling the people the bourgeoisie hates by a noble title is perfect mocking fodder.

It's always these stupid fucking knife ears asking these dumbass questions

hol up!

...we could have been calling thieves "booby cheats" all this time??

>knife ear
cringiest possible fatguy buzzword in a long while

I'm advocating for letting mods delete every thread that starts with an elf. And I'm saying this as someone that loves elves. It's just too much shitposting in these kinds of threads.

I don't get it, who is letting the elves out of the brothel?

>fucking knife ears
More like fokken knoive-ears, mate-o, amirite?
NO YOU STUPID FAGGOT
KNIGHT OF THE POST IS A FALSE WITNESS, NOT A THIEF
A CROOK MIGHT BE A THIEF, BUT A THIEF IS NOT NECESSARILY A CROOK
THE SETS OVERLAP, BUT DO NOT EQUAL EACH OTHER

Oh, and by the way, "booby cheats" is just another word for gigolos who swindle rich noblewomen out of money.
But I guess you're too dumb to realize or know that, right?
Fucking plebeians, I swear.

This. That phrase is a treasure.

This seriously the first time you've heard that term?

>knife ear
>cringe
>fatguy buzzword
>buzzword at all
>in a long while
Nigger did you just discover the Internet yesterday?
>>>/1976/

It's just a terrible "almost-slur" from a bad video game too terrified to actually use something offensive.

Knife-ear is practically a compliment.
"You're hearing is sharp, it's like you've got knife ears!"
"Holy fuck, human, you need to shut up forever."

"You're ears are so long and pretty, they're almost like knifes! You're a knife ear!"
"Please, human, just stop. Just. Stop."

It's a dumb thing dumb people say. You can spot an idiot from miles away just by whether or not they use "knife-ears".

You, for instance? I could smell all your dumb before you even started posting .

When it shows up in threads it's just shitty roleplaying about how much the poster hates elves.

Seriously though what's up with all the Elf hate shit going on? Did a bunch of summer kiddies just discover 1d4chan's article on Elves and though "oh man, I guess everyone here thinks like this!"?

>actually use something offensive
Like fucking what?
A daily reminder that, for example, nigger is simply a derivative of negroid, which is used to describe a race, and is completely neutral in meaning.
It doesn't matter what you say, what matters is how you say it.
What the fuck constitutes "something offensive" in your personal thesaurus anyway, huh?

>Seriously though what's up with all the Elf hate shit going on? Did a bunch of summer kiddies just discover 1d4chan's article on Elves and though "oh man, I guess everyone here thinks like this!"?
That's how I always imagined it. Though they will say they always hated them because of that one bad player, one bad book with bad elves Eragon probably or some other reason they made up with their headcanon.

I'm sorry, but if you're so inept that you need to use a lame almost-compliment from a video game as an insult for an imaginary race, that's your personal flaw.

Go ahead and sound stupid. Just know you sound stupid.

elf detected. only an elf would bitch about another elf.

op here, saw that definition on wictionary too but it wasn't really... theify enough, seems like a better explanation imho.

Someone should just purge that 1d4chan article already. It's probably one of the worst things on that site, just a page of cringe.

>implying
>implying you aren't a dwarf starting some shit

Wow, it's like people can't have fun anymore and say shit they don't actually mean!
Thank your for your input, Fun Police, we deeply appreciate it.

>he actually thinks the phrase "knife ear" originated in Dragon Age and/or TES
Oh, man, sorry, I didn't know things were that bad. Not even embarassing, just pitiful.

I'd love to knight her with my post.

1d4chan is full of articles which were probably funny when they were written what, like six years ago?

So a lot of newfags who either discover Veeky Forums through the site (like I did a long time ago) or who wound up there shortly after arriving figure this shit is still funny. Why else would the articles be written like that?

It's why you still get Spiritual Liege and Just as Planned jokes even though it hasn't been funny in ages.

What's sad is that you think acting like an idiot all day is fun.

If that's your idea, just head over to /b/.

It's not fun anymore after the nth time. But it's probably your first day on Veeky Forums, or else you would remember all the cringeworthy shit that this meme spawns.

>mfw all this revisionism

Purge. That. Shit.

Purge it. Do us all a favor, and just go ahead and just delete all those shitty articles.

It was popularized even if it wasn't originated. Otherwise, why would anyone bother repeating such a lame, limp-wristed slur?