Do slice of life Veeky Forums exist?

Do slice of life Veeky Forums exist?

Like Veeky Forums that's about everyday life and not magic or killing stuff.

Would you play such a Veeky Forums?

Golden Sky Stories is kind of like that. Ryuutama is a hybrid of adventuring and SoL.

Ryutm-something, the Ghibli one.
Also Maid RPG.

GURPS does everything

Just like with animus, I'd be into it if it was comical enough. Just sitting around with tea and cakes and saying "Oishii!!!" won't cut it. Since it's a game I'd want some kind of obstacles to overcome too.

Sell it to me.

Otherwise, it's the saddest thing I've ever heard.

watch anime.

try to recreate scenes from an anime but i guess there aren't many stories around just having a cozy setting with cute characters doing cute things.
you could make each character act a certain way and when things happen you'll have to react to each other.
alternatively, since you could have a setting revolving around a teaparty, you could actually make the tea and cakes and such and then just rp as you're serve tea too each other and eating cake.
you could even take it off the table and continue roleplaying outside and go to the store for things, nobody will know you're rp'ing because you'll just blend in with different personalities.

if you're all horny you could kiss and stuff.

Hillfolk, by Robin Laws, is all about that stuff. Plus its Drama System is made to be bolted on top of whatever other game system you like to add some solid drama and social mechanics.

Everyone is John

Seconding Golden Sky Stories. It's still on the fantastical side (the PCs being magical shapeshifting animal spirits and all), but the focus is squarely in the slice-of-life realm.

>having a cozy setting with cute characters doing cute things.
That's not all slice of life is. A life doesn't have to be cute and cozy. A day in the trenches isn't cute or cozy.

Why is Putin so perfect.

What the fuck is wrong with you people? You don't need to role-play real life you goon. What next? LARPING a slice of life, we're getting into inception territory.

Chez geek.

>not LARPing as 21st century 20 somethings roleplaying about LARPing as 21st century 20 somethings roleplaying about LARPing as...

Chuubos
Also, no that's boring as fuck.

In my experience, Slice of Life is only interesting when there is something clear at stake in the act or around the act of the slice of life activities.

Isn't that obvious, though? There has to be some kind tension going on in any game. But not every game's tension needs to be "the world will end unless we do something."

Actually, there is at least one RPG meant to model exactly the type of genre you are referring to ("healing" anime, like Hidamari Sketch), a little Ewen Clooney game called Strawberry Heaven. It's other main inspiration is Azumanga Daioh, and it can easily be used to model similar, "bunch of schoolgirls laze about making jokes" stories. Change the character generation tables to focus more on tits and you could probably use it for Seitokai Yakuindomo, Oshiete Gyaruko Chan, B Gata H Kei, etc.

Maid RPG can also serve that purpose. Recall that the book is intended to serve as a toolbox - the GM is meant to decide which elements of the game they want in each session. Playing it completely straight would end you up in some kind of gonzo ecchi scenario filled with ninja catgirls but even the book itself presents sample scenarios which have none of those elements (say, the birthday party one, or the one where the maids need to help the young master confess to the girl he likes).

True. It could be a less deadly one, like making sure someone properly prepares for a night out with a princess. If done right, the importance of the event will be the tension you need. In such a case like that, slice of life is one of the only ways to play it out.

Just go hang out with your friends

>Would you play such a Veeky Forums?
Well if my everyday life would be about magic or killing stuff, then sure. Otherwise, I just prefer living.

You can tell this is a joke because goddamn that's fucking gay.

I'd be too weirded out to do that shit with my girlfriend, and we met while ERPing. Anyone else it would just be lethally creepy.

This sounds insanely boring.

Why would I not just go outside and have a slice of my own life? The only reason I pretend to be a wizard is because I can't shit fire and barf invisibility, and the only reason I play a warrior is because real world people frown upon the past-time "HUGE ANIMALS HAVE HUGE GUTS - RIP AND TEAR."
I mean shit, man. Why put in time and effort pretending to do something when putting in time and effort to ACTUALLY DO IT is infinitely more rewarding?

I'm curious to know what the first thing you mentioned is.

Ryuutama. It's a Japanese fantasy RPG which is fairly lighthearted and focuses on the "journey" aspect of the whole "journey to fantastic places and do fantasy things" premise. Characters are just simple folks who join together on the road and travel places.

Its "gimmick" mechanic is that the GM is actually playing a GMPC in the form of a dragon who guides the party, who is powerful but not omnipotent. He even goes up levels alongside them.

Personally, I think it's more fun to role play slice of life parts of regular games. For example, we've had a ton of fun with the day to day lives of Rogue Trader characters.

Admittedly, there's usually some degree of violence or magic there.

You want Chuubos.

>He doesn't want to play the Lifetime Original Series Viking Housewives
>He doesn't want to play a Circassian homewrecker trolling the other maidens

Catastrophe was created here and is pretty much nothing but slice of life

Not sure why you would ever want to play a slice of life campaign, but whatever.

>golden sky stories

This artstyle is familiar, and not in a SoL way.

>Play Rune Quest
>Everyone rolls with minimal combat skills
>Craft, lore and ride skills everywhere
>Engage in Drama
>Still have a robust combat rule set if a fight breaks out

Done.