Is it weird to use one of these at the table?

Is it weird to use one of these at the table?

Seems like it would solve my problem of dice always falling on the fucking floor.

you do you buddy

Roll dice into a tray, use a dice tower, use that cup, it doesn't matter. It's personal flair and anybody giving you weird looks will stop when they roll a die underneath the sofa across the room

Why would it be weird to use such a mundane item for its intended purpose?

/Thread

Because any non-Neanderthal can shake dice in his cupped hands and drop them on the table without simulating a fucking avalanche.
>Common 'That Guy' sign: avalanche dice

I think a lot of people don't seem to understand that hurling one's dice at the table, or literally dropping them from high above the surface, tends to result in them scattering off the table.

I think Time Wizards uses them as part of the basic rules.

Nah. It saves space and you don't have to worry about dice getting away from you or knocking into minis/tokens if you're using those.

Plus if you have to roll a fuckton of dice it's probably faster.

We have a rolling box. It's an old bit of cardboard packaging with sides about 10cm high, stops dice from scattering crazily.

I made an improvised dice-tray out of the lid of a shoe-box
Everyone looked at me like I was some kind of god

pics or didn't happen.

Forgive me for not having photographed an upturned lid

We've insisted on using them ever since our sometimes DM has demonstrated an ability to roll anything he wants on d6, d8, and d20 if he rolls them by hand.

I got a tiny wizard hat that I use for my Psyker's phenomena rolls in Only War. I only obtained it recently and it was fucking awesome.

Someone bought, opened, then returned pic related to my FLGS. I saw the cup sitting on the shelf and asked how much. They gave it to me for free.

Been using it for years now, perfect when table space is limited.

What is the game like?

>when table space is limited
I'm really thinking about getting one just because of this problem.

But I'm wondering if a dice tray would be better?

Just remember to bring a coaster for that bad boy.

Both work. The cup just happens to double as storage.

I personally think it's kind of silly to use peripherals to roll dice. But if it's what you like to do, whatever. No one should try and stop you just because they think it is mildly dumb.

I'm finding it exceedingly hard to find a leather dice cup with a cap, though.

Any recommendations?

I use a stubby holder as a dicecup, got a starwars one that just lives with my xwing stuff.

>using a die fedora

Q workshop makes a whole line of dice cups with caps

>six ranks in sleight of hand

>the fucking floor
What did the floor do?

>What did the floor do?
Lets people walk all over it.

Ask yourself, do you really care about being weird while playing a tabletop roleplaying/strategy game? Isn't the beauty of this hobby ignoring society's judgements and simply doing what brings you joy? Roll dice out of an old wooden shoe, anybody who would think less of you for it has no business in the hobby world.

Something like that.

It was funny one time though, where he was doing a stint as a player, not a GM. And the guy running things wanted to 'hardcore' it up, 3d6 for DnD stats, top down, and stop your whining.

Adam ended up with a character of

STR 18
Dex 3
Con 18
Int 3
Wis 18
Cha 3

Well look at it this way. Do you really think rolling with a cup will make you stand out when shit like dice towers are a thing?

And what about us fucking dwarves with tiny hands that don't leave room for dice to properly tumble around? Especially shit like D4s and D6s that you really gotta give a good shake to not end up just dropping them on the same face every time.

Or you could learn not to roll like a fucking spaz and keep your shit on the table.

Punderrated.

I makes this

I got it at a gift when I was getting into board games, but my version didn’t come with a cup. I think you roll, reroll any dice, then reroll again and build what you can. There’s not much to it. I’m trying to figure out something I can do with the dice though, maybe as an additional resource gained by the player on their turn in Catan.

i need to know where to get one of these

I made a shitty dice tower and tay out of cardboard, glue and tape.

I made my own tower a few months back. Used mahogany and some magnets to lock the tower in for travel or upright to tumble dice. Just gotta find some nice crushed velvet for the tray.

I gotta ask, two questions;
1) Why X-Men?
2) Why no Gambit?

And here's the full thing.

>Custom dice cups are easy to make
>Custom dice towers are being posted

I love this thread. Now it needs custom DM screens and we have the complete set in one place. Probably custom minis too, but old toys are easy to use.

unless your entire tyranid army is on the table. thats a lot of dice man.

I've considered making one from a cigar box and keeping my dice cup filled with dice in it.
line the inside with felt and foam board
probably just going to use an old GW box though

this is kick ass and makes my dice box feel bad. any kind of instructions?

It's the cover of a holo comic.

>not wanting to have the best dice cup so everyone likes you

Not really- just built a pair of interlocked jointed box. The important thing to do is drill at an angle on a piece of wood, and cut it in half for the baffles.

>Seems like it would solve my problem of dice always falling on the fucking floor.

How? You have to take the dice out of the cup to actually see which side came up

What the point of those things if you can't even touch dice? You might as well use digital rng.

"Automatic Dice Rolling Machine"

They are NOT pop-o-matic like in "Trouble".

I wouldn't allow you at my table.

I've only ever used dice cups so that is more controlled for when rolling in a small area, like into a drive tray. Keeps my fingers from accidentally hooking one of my dice and it flinging into someones figures

>shit that never happened