How could one justify an one-armed cripple with 50% less upper body strenght then half of population to be in charge of...

How could one justify an one-armed cripple with 50% less upper body strenght then half of population to be in charge of anything?

From realistic viewpoint, is Furiosa Mary Sue/Muh Fetish material?

>From a realistic viewpoint
Master Blaster exists in the same setting

OP here.

Good fucking point.

I started replying before I read your post so I thought I was on /tv/ and you were talking about that fight alone where a more or less fresh and resting Furiosa gives a good fight to a blood and water deprived chained up car crash survivor who hadn't eaten at least all day. Probably longer since his life before was hanging upside down in a cave.

Furiosa was a capable leader and strategist. All the men the cunt betrayed to their deaths seemed to respect her alot so she was clearly somebody but more importantly she was in tight with the crusty old pervert in charge and I'm pretty sure it's canon she'd previously been in his harem.

Fetish material maybe because she's an amputee and all sorts of other wierd traits that probably get guys somewhere off but she's not a Mary Sue because if it wasn't for Max she'd have been fucked right up pretty much at every turn.

Ray in Star Wars is 2015s Mary Sue. Furiosa is a Ripley style female lead.

>How could one justify X

It's fiction.

You think they decided who'd be in charge with a bench press competition or something?

>upper body strength is what qualifies a person to be in charge of literally anything at all
>upper body strength is what qualifies you to drive a fucking truck

She's a member of the elite by dint of her social connections. She is't malnourished and desperate like the lower classes. She isn't indoctrinated into a suicidal worldview like many of the other drivers. And as far as anyone else is concerned she's proved her loyalty. You don't want someone desperate driving your valuable truck. You don't want someone suicidal driving your valuable truck. You want someone loyal.

'Course she wasn't that either, but people in world are allowed to be wrong about shit.

Plenty of feared one-armed military minds about Squire.

Horatio Nelson and Gottz Von Berlichingen off the top of my head.

How and when did she lose the arm anyway?

>who is Götz Iron Hand

Gotz was in charge on the virtue of his noble birth.

Furiosa was appointed by Immortan Joe. Your point is?

It's time to stop posting, Alex.

Furiosa was stronger than most of the population. Most warboys can't even stand up straight and are dying from the cancerous tumors that cover their bodies. The women were kept clean and healthy for breeding stock or for milking. Furiosa most likely was a harem girl who lost an arm from some apocolyptic business and became a high ranking warrior in charge of a war rig since she was no longer fuckable, but was close to Immortan, his family and the rest of the girls.

>lost an arm
>was no longer fuckable
I wonder if that's because Joe has shit taste or because the society had some very skewed understanding of genetics.
>If the woman has fair hair and blue eyes, the child can have fair hair and blue eyes after her.
>So if the woman has no arm ...

Counterpoint: She fights fucking MAD MAX

Max is in bad shape, though. Blood loss and all that. He's had a fucking terrible day.

How could one justify a polio-stricken cripple with no lower-body strength at all being in charge of anything?

>'Course she wasn't that either
She was until the wife's part.

>upper body strength is what qualifies you to drive a fucking truck

god damn millennials who never drove something without power steering

>Nobody said anything about ONE ARM, ONE EYE, ONE LEG murder machine

And Ripley is literally man with tits. As in the role was literally written for a male characters but they couldn't afford a decent actor so they changed it last minute.

I suppose I should have said she didn't remain loyal yeah.

MAD.
FUCKING.
MAX.

He is the emperor of a post nuclear society. I'm sure he is picky about his harem. He probably kicked women out for birthmarks he didn't like, a missing limb would probably upset his god complex.

Isn't furiosa also barren as fuck?

How could one justify a cripple with a withered arm and unusable leg being in charge of anything?

From a realistic viewpoint, is Tamerlane Mary Sue/fetish material?

Riply was tough, yet vulnerable. The themes of vulnerability, control and sexual violence in Alien wouldnt be as effective with a hollywood tough guy as the lead. Rape is the fear button they are pressing, and it would be far more difficult without a woman as the hero.

He sure is my fetish material.

I think you're underestimating Giger when you assume he can't press the rape fear button on a man as easily as on a woman.

>Rape
>Alien
let's be honest.
It's alien, it doesn't mater who's involved dicks and rape are in.

All of his days are terrible.

What he can't press the rape on?

>user thinks driving a truck is difficult
>user thinks anyone has less upper body strength than him

>Most warboys can't even stand up straight
no they aren't, they're jumping around doing crazy shit and driving cars

Maybe that was it.
"Three strikes and you are out"

I'm underestimating Ridley Scott, and the mentality of the 80's viewerbase. If the entire movie was about man rape, then not only would it make macho types uncomfortable, but it is a minefield of interpretations. Is this now an anti-gay movie? Is it about AIDS? Is it about homophobia? Prison? Deep fruedian fears of homosexual penetration?

Fuck it, it's a normal looking woman who must overcome a sexual predator. This is easy and satisfying.

She was kidnapped from a tribe of warrior women and is a better shot and driver than most (including Max). Plus she's a healthy human being minus an arm, compared to all those poisoned from birth warboys.

But they are hunched, coughing and coveted in tumors. The whole reason they have no fear is because they are all terminal. Did you even watch the movie?

How could one justify a one-eyed cripple that was shot in the head twice to be in charge of defeating an udefeatable emperor?

What fucked up world do you live in where upper body strength = power? How are the two related?

>including Max
Nope

You still don't have a point.

Sexual alien actually, predator was the other movie, with Arnold.

Highschool. That world is highschool.

I just rewatched it for the tenth time. Nux is the only one we see hunched over coughing. The rest we see jumping about doing athletic shit. Did you even watch the movie?

Sorry. Better shot, not better driver. Max is all about the speed, Furiosa was better with the rifle.

>Predator
If a rapist kills and rapes all of your friends, kill him in a jungle with two logs.
>Alien
if a rapist kills and rapes all of your friends, throw him out of an airlock.

I miss simple times.

mad max's australia is pretty much the only place you millennial shitters would survive driving a truck since it's all flat desert so your noodle arms not being able to turn a non-power steering wheel wouldn't matter

Leadership skill and muscle mass are two different things.

Shotguns don't care if the guy they shoot is stronger than you.

Doesn't take a lot of muscle to break a face, put a bat through a kneecap or crush every bone in a person's hand with a well-placed hit.

Robot hand.

Stop punching people in the torso, you're bad at fighting.

I have since I drove an old shitty truck as my first vehicle. It's not that hard user, and Furiosa is in way better shape than me.

>50% less upper body strenght

ehuehue

Anyway, Max in that occasion wasn't EXACTLY in his best condition, was he?

Is he ever?

Max is as good a driver, if not better. But he's never been a paticularly good shot. Through most of the films he carries an empty shotgun. He is a capable brawler, but the scene in question had him tired, thirsty, injured, malnourished, and he was suckerpunched. She was also concentrating on disarming him, which he didnt really care about because he knew the gun was empty. Once that trump card is found worthless, he gets the better of her.

A recent quote from a friend of mine..

"My Politics is Lynch Mobs"

How could one justify a two-armed cripple with 100% less upper body strenght then half of population to be in charge of anything?

From realistic viewpoint, is Emperor Mary Sue/Muh Fetish material?

They all are sick. Watch closer. Their entire mythology depends on them all being sick. That's a major point of the film. Even Immortan is sick.

They're dying but they don't let it keep them down or slow them down. That's a major point of the film. Witness.

>Warpups
>Ace
>Slit
>"Warboys too sick to fight" aka all the Warboys left behind.

Watch it for the eleventh time.

I fap to the Emperor's image every day

At the start of Thunderdome?

>driving a truck is so hard
>you are too weak, noodle-armed millennial!
Still laughing at you.

He's not in charge of anything. He's a dead puppet that a bunch of freaks who run his cult control.

If you pay attention, Furiosa doesn't actually drive the plot forward. Everything she does is absolutely futile and white it's pretty clear she is meant to be the main character of the movie, nothing happens unless Max makes it happen.

>warpups fighting
>implying any point about ace or slit except they go out dying without hunching over and coughing once

Actually watch the movie.

>literally drives the truck of stolen waifus off-course of where it's supposed to go before she even knows Max exists or he has any relevance outside of being a bloodbag
The plot wouldn't have even begun without her m80.

I don't think I have a post-apocalyptic bait image ready.

Fair point but pretty much anything after that whole plan goes to shit is Max's doing

That doesn't change my point. Furiosa is stronger than most warboys, because warboys aren't paticularly strong. They are fanatical, numerous and have guns and badass vehicles, that is their strength.

You really didnt notice all the warboys being sick and covered in boils and shit? Actually watch the film.

Almost like the movie's called Mad Max or something amirite.

Seriously, Nux had two of them and he even named them

But when the movie is so clearly written as a vehicle for Furiosa and people bang on and on about what a great character she is, it kind of flies in the face of all that when you realize Furiosa didn't really do anything on her own

You don't have a good point. Actually prove she's stronger. You can't. She got beat by a guy who was dehydrated, survived a car crash and had been a blood bag for a while.

>You really didnt notice all the warboys being sick and covered in boils and shit
You mean the guys jumping on and off moving vehicles performing acrobatics and being badasses? Yeah what a day.

How about you actually watch it faggot?

Not how it works.
Here is how mad max work.

>People have problem and need someone to fix it
>Mad max grumbles along and fixes problem
>Then fucks off forever

>warpups are too young and sickly to fight
>Ace and Slit are covered with tumors and shit
>Nux isn't the only half dead warboy getting a blood transfusion

Actually watch the movie.

"I live, I die, I live again."

The idea is that you have an army of terminal cancer patients in a world without medical supplies or technology. Their fanatical, kamikaze style tactics come from the fact that they don't want to die from being sick, they want to die in combat so they live again in Valhalla.

In the film, not many people actually rely on hand to hand melee's, most use guns and driving. Furiosa has a semi-decent prosthetic, perfectly good right hand and shown to be a decent shot with a variety of guns.

A better question is: Why do you think upper body strength is the prime determinant for leadership? If that was true then Rictus would have been warlord rather than his pudgy father with breathing problems.

It's almost like Fallout before they crossed the franchise with SimCity.

Please, stop with this MRA bullshit.

Even the wives do some things to save the day.

>>warpups are too young
Got that part right. They're not too sick to fight yet because they're WAR PUPS IN TRAINING
fucking autist

>>Ace and Slit are covered with tumors and shit
>still bounce around like gymnasts without physical impairment

Actually watch the movie. You'll notice that while they're living half-lives, they're not down yet. One point of their cult.

Yep. All of which supports what I say.

When does a Warboy actually overpower anyone? Seems like they just shoot famethrowers, throw spears, drive and die. Doesn't change the lore of the movie and the fact that Max and Furiosa both would be stronger than most people in Immortan's society.

>buying into the /pol/ propaganda

its a vehicle for mad max, hence the name and them getting a huge actor to play the character

furiosa is just a fun supporting character that pol crazies got butthurt about, in that fight furiosa gets saved by the other girls pulling max off half a dozen times anyway

It supports literally nothing. You are so wrong but you are trying so hard, Holy shit.

When does Furiosa actually overpower anyone? Her first fight with a blood, food and water deprived shell of a man she loses.

Meanwhile we see Warboys jumping on to vehicles and physically smashing parts of them.

If you think about it, this is the most favourable outcome for Furiosa if Max isn't involved:

> Nux doesn't come along for the ride.
> The deal in the canyon possibly goes off without a hitch.
> Furiosa kills or slows the Bullet Farmer with significantly more difficulty.
> They make it to the land of the many-mothers.
> They decide to load up and ride off across the sands.
> Everyone dies.

So in the best possible outcome, she'd have brought them there, but they would have all died. Max was the only one who could 'think outside the box'.

It's possible they would've had more casualties, but the point is moot. They would be trying to cross the dried-up OCEANS on a motorcycle.

>5 minutes to come back and mutter "n-no u"
Watch the movie, you might enjoy it. You'll be better prepared to discuss it.

>upper body strength intrinsically matters for a leader
>all upper body strength is in the arms

>When does Furiosa actually overpower anyone?
She kills Joe by the end of the movie.

I was taking a shit, man. I can't be on my computer constantly. I saw the movie ten times just in theaters. We are trying to discuss it but you're being a faggot trying to claim warboys aren't sick.

>>all upper body strength is in the arms
I think OP points out that she's a woman bore than the cripple thing.

>If someone doesn't like what I like they must be /pol/
Do you even listen to yourself?

Her arm would be much stronger than most peoples and she dosent seem to be infested with tumors or birth defects like most of the population.

>i dont like it because a woman character does something aside from being saved

sounds like pol to me, get them back in the kitchen right? lel

I think the chain and hook did most of the work.

>trying to claim warboys aren't sick
Literally where? Stop making arguments up because your claims don't fit what we see.

Well she is saved, several times, to be fair.

You are arguing with like 4 different people on whether or not Furiosa was stronger than most warboys who are sick and dying. It's a major plot point of the film that you seem to dense to realize. WARBOYS ARE TERMINAL. THEY ALL HAVE TUMORS.

I realize you may lack medical knowledge, but being terminal and having tumors doesn't instantly give you the strength of a wet kitten. Watch the first damn 20 minutes of the movies.
Furiosa may be stronger than the War Boys left behind at the Citadel who are literally finally succumbing to their illnesses. She's in no way stronger than any of the ones actually riding the Fury Road, a distinction of status Slit points out to the viewer.

Talk in caps lock all you want though, it's funny and doesn't change your poor damage control.

ITT

What's funny is no one can actually point out a point Furiosa overpowered anyone or demonstrated physical prowess. In all her fights she gets saved by someone else or loses (to someone who lost to War Boys).