Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/gBN0SUrK

The foot of Alarielle edition

>I spoke to my local GWs manager, who said the campaign is going to begin on 25th July, along with the generals' handbook. There will be a LIVE map based system which will update as soon as an outcome has been submitted.(As opposed to being updated weekly) Sounded pretty exciting, but I hope the book will come a little sooner, so I will have time to shop and assemble before the campaign hits.

Next week is the army of Death, then sylvaneth and general's handbook.

>old thread

So, the horned rat was malal in disguise all the time?

The fuck why they focus so much on death they have tons of new op models.And Sylvaneth and Wood elves have few medium- weak models

Yeee Naghash and the hand of fucking dust

Probably because they trashed half their line when they squatted tomb kings and need to make up the difference.

4th for DeathRattle deathstar
>50 Skeletons w/spears
>Deathrattle horde
>Wight King
>Vampire
>Necromancer
>Tomb King
>Necrotect
>Liche Priest

Thats around 6 or 7 attacks per skeleton, re-rolling ones. And than pile in and do it again.

Name one thing that can beat the bone zone

Post pics of Alarielle's cute feet

I think they are going to bring back every faction (including tomb kings) in time.
I can imagine Settra returning as a God like Nagash and commanding the whole TK faction. I am not sure if they are going to be in the grand alliance: death, but prob not, I guess. I would really want to see them as a neutral/mercenary faction of some sorts.

Has anyone read any of the AoS novels? What are your opinions on it?

Lol they trwshed more than half line of Wood elves

I want to get off Mr Bone's Wild Ride

Yep.

Most them are good.

Standing on the edge of optimism into delusion.

Most of the people in this thread are and I can't tell if it's actual ignorance or naivete.

Things never get better and it's always smarter to back away and make them prove they've changed rather than wait for them to.

>The fuck why they focus so much on death

>The fuck why they focus so much on khorne
>The fuck why they focus so much on sigmarines

Not sure but can you actually do that? You can only use one Command Ability, so Vampire Lord and Tomb King actually conflict. Or does the TK have some non-Command buff?

Also, anything that can snipe your Heroes, Wizards specifically, just like every other tactic.
Similarly, since you have no Rend whatsoever, you will struggle to kill shit like Dracothian Guard with their 3+ saves rerolling 1s. Also, the reanimation you've got going isn't anywhere near as good as it would be with say Zombies.

I'm not saying it's a bad tactic, in fact properly supported Deathrattle is very powerful, but everything has counters and no tactic is perfect. Also, a mounted Necromancer, mounted Vampire Lord and mounted Wight King w/ Banner combined with a bigass blob of Black Knights would be much, much scarier imo, as they're much faster and the Vampire Lord's Command would be much stronger on the dangerous lances.

Read Gates of Azyr, found it boring af.

Not that this is the author's fault, but he had to work under the restriction of only using the people from the starter set, which really hurt the book.
I liked the idea of Vandus facing Khul and having a revenge match of sorts, really set the tone of the Stormcasts apart from Space Marines imo, but the rest of the book was pretty meh. Go figure, tie-in novel.

>Standing on the edge of optimism into delusion
As someone, who stopped following GW a long time ago, and just came back recently, having a positive experience with WQ:ST - just curiosity, how will things change, with the new CEO. He must do some damage control to get things right.

>focus so much on Khorne and Sigmarines

>what are Flesh-Eaters?
>What is Silver Tower?
>What are the Rotbringers?
>What are the Skaven?
>What are the Fyreslayers?
>What are the Ironjawz?

Can we let this fucking "Khorne vs. Sigmarites and friends" meme die already? Yes, they are the two starter set factions, but guess what, 7th Edition of 40k is very much not "Dark Angels vs. Crimson Slaughter and friends"

stupid pig, people don't say AoS is focused on Sigmarines and Khornes because they happen to be the factions in the starter sets. How fuckin' out of touch are you?

wow, insults instead of arguments and examples. You sure are a smart one.

>because they happen to be the factions in the starter sets.

But that is WHY they were/are favored and focused upon you drooling retard

I am a smart one because I know we went through literally dozens of *brand new* unique to AoS kits being some variation of Khorne bad dudes or sigmarines. What have we got from Forge world? a khorne Khorgorath? a KHORNE LORD on dragon in the works..........

Because the lion's share of publications by Black Library feature khorne vs sigmarines and even when they don't focus on khorne (like some of the ironjawz stuff) khorne bads show up anyway. Nevermind that nearly all feature Sigmarines as protaganists.

But you want to sit there like you know anything about AoS and pretend not to know all this, and even worse, compare the situation to Dark Angels and Crimson Slaughter (CS who btw have no unique models to their faction) who the story of 40k DO NOT revolve around.

laughable

Not him but as a guy who read most of AoS lore, the focus on the Khornates only happened in the first months and then they were sidelined for rest of the AoS progression.

It's a lie to say that it's all "Sigmarines and Khornates".

For example, the Ironjawz releases had zero Khornates and mostly had Tzeentchian and Undead enemies, with the exception of the Knight of Vengeance short story series where the Bloodbound appeared in first few stories and then got replaced by the Ironjawz for the rest of the series.

>It's a lie to say that it's all "Sigmarines and Khornates".

Nobody said that. Not even the guy who started this by saying 'why all the focus on khorne/sigmarines'

>Can we let this fucking "Khorne vs. Sigmarites and friends" meme die already?
not until some more miniature releases for older factions come out.

Orcs, warhammer quest and now the feet elves are a good start.

He meant it.

There hasn't been that much focus on Khornates in the fluff lately. I struggle to recall any focus any recent-ish novel or campaign book where the Bloodbound had a certain role in the past months.

For the most part Archaon, Nurgle, and Tzeentch has the main focus as the chaotic villains at the moment with the Skaven trailing behind.

central role*

Anyone scan the tiles for Silver Tower yet?

I'd take skeletons over black knights; while the charge bonuses are good, they lack the attack stack you can give to skeles, along with the spear. Its critical you get that 2" range, that way you can attack with two whole rows of skeles. Once the black knights loose that charge bonus, Skeles really start to over take them. Plus, with the death rattle horde and Necrotect, you can push across the board, making up for the speed difference.

Another viable tactic is to boost the Graveguard, but once again, not enough attacks. Remember, with 30 skeletons and when in 18 inches, thats 4 attacks per skeleton, with out any outside help.

Now, toss in the wight King+vampire, and thats 6 attacks per skeleton. With a liche priest+Necrotect, both infantry, theyre re-rolling ones and causing ANOTHER attack on ones. Than pop the Necro and they pile in again. If only the first two rows are in range, your cranking 120 attacks. Double them with the necromancer, and thats 240 attacks, easily cracking through any save. Of course, thats if everything works out well.

They brought back Ushoran and made the flesh eater courts, there's no reason not to bring back Settra and the the tomb kings. I'm hoping Settra comes back as his shiny golden God form, ready to kick the shit out of nagash in payback for humiliating him in front of his entire race

OK chumps, git ready to git gud

I hope beastmen are good, because that's what I'll be rolling.

Battalions in the app, thats new right?

sup Veeky Forums, done a couple of games today at my local gw store, i won some points but the manager was too busy with a flock of new clients and i had to leave before i could ask: what do we do with the points earned in the pre-capaign?
Any of you got a chance to ask?

Anyone else annoyed that gw had is hyped up just to tell us to wait another month?

I mean goddamn would it hurt that much to release the generals handbook after all that

apparentely it will come out with the campaign launch. Well, I hope so at least.

the campaign -kinda-began. if you fight now and ask the staff you will get battle credits to spend during the campaign.

ooh thats kind of cool. Can you give me more info about how battle credits work?

no idea actually...im that user.
Store manager was super busy and couldn't tell me more, just that they will be of use on the upcoming campaign. i guess they will be used to decide your starter army size or maybe some bonuses? Im gonna ask next time i go there.

I don't mind, means I can actually make sure all my shit's painted.

Anyone here play any Dwarf Fyreslayers?
Think they look pretty cool and I like the fluff, but how do they play on the table?

> Fuck why they focus on all those things I don't play, they should focus more on what I play

Solid.
they are pretty hard to kill(they have a second save wich can save even mortal wounds-6+ base but can be buffed up to 4+ easily).
they also can hit pretty hard, the heartguard besrerkers beign able to shit a lot of mortal wounds and the grimwrath beserker beign able to attack twice.
Magmadroth is also not bad.

They have a few pretty powerful units and combos, but they also suffer from some weird issues.
>Good Stuff
- Grimwrath Berzerker and Hearthguard Berzerkers are pretty deadly and will probably make a sizeable dent into anything they connect with.
- Runefathers and -sons on Magmadroth bring much-needed speed and are reasonably tanky and punchy
- Runesmiter on foot lets you teleport a unit in the back of the enemy's formation to threaten them from multiple angles.
- Lots of 'save-after-the-save' shenanigans.

>Bad Stuff
- Shit Movement stats across the board baring the Magmadroth. Prepare for a long slog though the enemy bullets.
- 1-wound infantry despite being fairly chunky models.
- Vulkite Berzerkers are ridiculously pillow-fisted.
- Auric Hearthguard are very mediocre ranged troops.
- Lots of semi-useless support characters.

>Serving the Everchosen...

DELETE THIS

>Good Stuff
>Hearthguard Berzerkers
>Bad Stuff
>Auric Hearthguard

that's not even shit taste, sempai, that's just objectively wrong.
Auric Hearthguard may only have 15" range, but are incredibly powerful. 2 shots per wound, having Rend no less, can fire on the move with zero penalties, have a third (weaker) shot at 8" or less, get bonuses for shooting monsters and thanks to their pikes are actually not helpless in melee, so they're basically more mobile, more fragile and more damaging Irondrakes. You know, the guys who are tentatively called the most dangerous ranged infantry in the game?
Hearthguard Berzerkers have only 1 attack each, so their maximum damage output is the exact same as Vulkite Berzerkers, less even because they can't take sling-shields. The only value HBs bring to the table is the ability to cause mortal wounds in melee and even then, it won't be that many mortal wounds. What they can do better than VBs is to bodyguard important stuff. They get an instant 4+ save-after-the-save just for hugging a Hero, like a Battlesmith who makes them even tougher.

>lots of semi-useless support characters
Auric Runemaster and...? Smiter is amazing as you said, Battlesmith is great as he buffs your army even when he's killed, Runefather is a combat monster with a Command, Runeson is a wannabe combat monster with a Command, Grimwrath is a beatstick who doesn't even aspire to be a buffer. Only useless one is the Runemaster who helps your opponent more than you.

I see your bone zone and go SSS-tier meta list

10 Liberators with shields and 2 grand weapons
2 Lords-Castellant
Oh, hey, 2+ saves, rerolling ones on multiwound models. That horde is going nowhere fast for a fraction of the forces you had to commit.

Or just take a Lightning Echolon. Going by wounds that gives me ten Fulminators and five Tempestors.
Your horde is now at -2 to hit against five wound models with a 3+ or 2+, rerolling ones, assuming they havent been wiped out in one go.
And I'm pretty sure Bloodreavers and Temple Guard can also do many silly things by stacking modifiers and attack boni.

only one grandaxe, against that many cramped models, can deliver so many hits to shatter the horde in pieces.
I love grandaxes.

Wait General's handbook isn't out?

its probably going to be out when the campaign begins or shortly before.

I could have sworn I saw an official poster with the 11th on it. Must be goin senile

Liberators can't take them, sadly enough, and Prosecutors have no business fighting hordes. Also, the range is kinda shit.
Now, thunderaxes on the other hand...

Or at least leak the points system

Don't forget to take a relictor to moral wound and debuff their hit and top up your heroes if they get hurt.

No, they have always been there, but they are behind a paywall.

That was for the supposed campaign, wich turned on to be for the pre-campaign.
Are you kidding? a grandaxe gets +1 attack for every model in range. 2" range, count from model because otherwise prosecutors cant even stay in formation=at least 10-20 attacks against big mobs. Sum that to the 12 attacks of shooting from hammers and at least 6 more attacks on the charge. A small unit of fucking 6 prosecutors can rend at least half of that blob away, and most of it will flee from battleshock.
With just a single-small units you can basically fuck an entire "waac" combo. Also, if you manage to vexillor/lighting strike an unit of retributors to snipe away the corpse cart the skellies really begin to wither away.

True, except the range is 1", which makes it a lot less interesting. Still decent, mind you.

How are on foot characters in this game? Like the ones with 5 wounds or so. Since there is no such thing as joining into units, can they survive at all?

Of course, thats assuming your units will survive a full round of 200+ attacks. Even with a 2+ save, SOME of them are gonna fail and die. Than, add in the DeathRattle horde for rerolling ones, along with the Black Knight/Wight King/Grave Guard Enterouge, they'll have enough Oomph to break through your line. It doesn't matter how hard it us for my guys to hit, considering how many attacks im laying down. Of course, this is also discounting the Vampire and Wight's own attacks as well.

oh, my bad then!
pretty good, but they have a different role from whfb, where they acted as elite hitters.
now heroes serve the purpose of buffing to the extreme your units.
they can be easily sniped so you need to move them carefully around the board-you can also make them "join"other units by putting them into/behind other unit's formations, to shield them from los or from nasty charges.

>Next week is the army of Death, then sylvaneth and general's handbook.
What army of death? Huh? New models or something?

Can someone fill a clueless fa/tg/uy out?

Depends, Changling gets to blend in til a hero gets close or you attack, and stacks with screamers ability (to hit rolls of 6=1)

Pitty my two chaos familars are blocking your charge

>square bases

200 attacks, even if they autohit and autowound and assuming you somehow manage to cram them all into range, do a grand total of 5.56 against a 2+rerollable, which would kill between 2 and 3 Liberators. Amazing. And that is ignoring the fact that each each save of 5+ will restore a wound, restoring somewhere around 64 wounds on average, reducing the damage taken to zero.
The heroes with higher Rend and Damage weaponry are the only real problem, really.

Since you managed to snag a Necrotect, there's no reason why you shouldn't add a Screaming Skull Catapult to your arsenal. You get two shots, and with each shot lowering the bravery of a unit by 2, it means you'll be getting a lot of units lost to battleshock once those skellies finish their attacks, especially if you're fighting low bravery units like goblins or skaven.

The crew even have the deathrattle keyword instead of mummy just in case you want to be a stickler and go with pure skeletons for your entire army.

Probably a proper Battletome release. We only have pretty boy Ushoran and his court's Battletome right now.

Wazzat mean?
More batallions? Changed rules?

This.

I think it's a mistake to focus on skellies as killing units. They're ideal for tying the enemy up since they can revive models each turn and Necromancers can summon them easy peasy, but no rend and average hit/wound stats mean they'll really have trouble making dents in things.

For death if you really want to wreck shit you need to go with the vampire side of things. Vargheists, Vargwulfs, and if you're rich and don't mind burning money, Blood Knights.

More batallions, scenarios, fluff, that sort of thing

What the fuck is the name of the model on the lower right? I forgot what it is but I know its from Warhammer.

the khorne blood skull blooderator

khorgorath if I remember correctly.
probably the worse model from the starter set, it sucks so hard GW never released a box for it.
Its just a bad replica of a dreadnought/helbrute. Heck, even the pose is almost the same.

That's a Khorgorath from the AoS two player box.

Thanks, I saw this 40k conversion and was trying to find the source model.

It has even shi stats in Aos.
Only use of it is for conversion, either as a demon prince or an helbrute. it doesn't even has a fucking head so its sooo easy to convert one.

Funny thing is that they can easily just make it better. I mean it's not like they need to release a new book or anything.

Probably the feedback on it has been so negative even GW decided to drop it
and for good reason, it...it just looks bad. Sculpt is okay but the design is confusing, oversaturated with useless things and details, it lacks "balance", the head is ridicolous, it looks like a shooty model when he actually doesn't have any shooting weapon, its static in the bad way, and overall just looks stupid and not intimidating or anything.
its just bad.
Hope to never see a box of it.

Apparently a lot of the managers didn't even know the details of this thing. The details were hidden in a document in an attatchment, beneath eight other documents.

My manager has said that the handbook comes out the same day as the campaign.

>The details were hidden in a document in an attatchment, beneath eight other documents.
holy shit, that's so retarded.
they even held a kind of reunion with all the manager, they could have told them about it then
As usual, GW polices makes no fucking sense.
gw manager in my area tho knew about it so i managed to do a couple of games and get battle credits for it

There were rumors that the campaign would start today. Turns out it starts July 14th and the general's compendium comes out the same day.

It was hinted at the manager's conference. This is also the company that put out a paint called Averland Tsunset, and recently a paint called Spritstone Red.

>Spritstone Red
you sure? I saw the right name with no typo...
>Tsunset
really' if so, its so hilariously bad its almost amazing

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH SHIIIIIIITT
10/10, laughing my ass off

>we got this model instead of the kadaai destroyer

Tomb Kings relaunch when

what's up Veeky Forums? I put in an order for more savage orcs, a shaman, and the big box of 3 forests today. I don't think I've ever been more in on warhammer than I am right now. Can't wait for my bases to show up so I can start working on the basing and possibly a scenic board.

Does anyone have that picture that breaks down what different colors mean in orc culture? I'm thinking about Purple with bits of gold for my armored boys.

orcs don't have those distinctions

orKs (40k) use red for speed, blue for luck, yellow for money, white for death and black for badass

>fighting for Sigmar

Mantic Empire of Dust

Close yellow is wealth or more dakka, black is for dead 'ard, and purple is sneaky

More Dakka is a type of wealth, some might say the best type.

>yellow is wealth
no, technically speaking yellow is teef
teef are orkish currency

>purple is sneaky
no, that's just a forced Veeky Forums maymay

Have you ever seen a purple ork?

Yes you posted it again, congratulations.

Kommandos use stolen camouflage patterns, but without understanding how camouflage actually works. So they'll be wearing neon orange/blue tigerstripes on a forested world thinking they're being stealthy. Or using the arctic camouflage they looted from some Valhallans two campaigns ago on some volcanic planet.

The in-universe stance of "what are you talking about orks wouldn't do that" is from commanders denying the possibility that orks could use any kind of subtlety in their tactics.

In any case, Warhammer Orcs have never used colors in the way 40k Orks do. Black Orcs aside, they've no set meaning to their color schemes.

if you could see them then they wouldn't be sneaky gits

What next are you going to say that Orkimedes doesn't exist? First you smegmars shit on fantasy now on 40k does your perversion know no bounds?