How would the Citadel Council react to finding out about the Imperium of Man

How would the Citadel Council react to finding out about the Imperium of Man.

Lets assume that some of their agents found a minor Imperial world or a abandon trade vessel with a small archive. Also that they don't know about the other 40k factions, the Systems alliance doesn't exist, and the ][ isn't aware of the Citadel races.

Who?

The point of mass effect is that the council is a burocratic pile of shit that doesn't react to anything.

Then how would Specters react to it? They do stuff.

bump

There's fanfiction for this.

Really. All I could find was weird shipping stuff.

Checked.

Probably with air quotes and denying its existence.

But they have a rekted ship and archive. Or encountered an inhabited world. Also checked.

bumpity bump

Suddenly Hive Fleet Gorgon.

What happens next?

>But they have a rekted ship and archive.
Having both didn't stop them from denying the shit out of the reapers

Remember that the Citadel Council/Everything in Mass Effect is TINY compared to every other futureistic setting I can think of. They'd be easily defeated in any form of cross-over because they're so small and their weapons are crap.

That, and they're really, really, REALLY, incompetent.

This isn't about fighting. I want to know how they would react to the Imperium.

>Ah, yes. The Imperium. The race of wizard apes allegedly controlling most of the galaxy. We have dismissed that claim.

They would dispatch spies to learn as much as they could, and they would quickly learn about the Imperiums views on Xenos races. The council would then have to seriously consider a pre emptive strike on Terra because if the leviathan war machine of the Imperium attacked the comparatively tiny Citadel forces, they would be thoroughly fucked.

Try and direct it to Krogan Homeworld.

Cure genophage.

I see no possible way that this could ever backfire in any possible way.

Oh how I wish there was a way of air quoting him in the 3rd game.

>Shepherd, plz help. Reapers fucking us in the ass and you are the only one who can stop them
The what now? I thought we were fighting Geth. Pretty sure the great Turian Empire can handle a few Geth raiding fleets. We are fighting Geth aren't we? You did tell me we were fighting Geth. After all we can't be fighting Reapers because I apparently made all that up for no reason.

Then flip him the bird as you walk out.

I don't care if it isn't in the game, this is now my canon.