What are some plot points, characters, character dynamics etc...

What are some plot points, characters, character dynamics etc. you want(ed) to feature in a game or base a game around but never got around to?

I've always wanted to run a game where the players take on the archetypes of rogue, wizard, fighter, and cleric, and do their best to pin down what each of those classes should aspire to be like, while going through classically designed adventures that culminate in saving a princess in a tower from a dragon.

Pirates of the Carribean-style hunt of a ghost ship, with the players becoming its crew with its old captain tagging along as advisor/bound power source.

I got as far as doing all the preliminary research, but it just never materialized.

Always wanted to do an incredible journey themed game.

Whole party are awakened animals who were friends of a druid in a small village. Each took a character class based on their species (cat who slept in the mage's tower became a wizard, the loyal dog became a paladin, the owl became a cleric, and the wolf and former animal companion of the druid became a druid, etc etc).

Then a fire hits the village, and the druid goes missing. The animals now must travel across creation to find him.
I got as far as planning a wolf pack who would have to be negotiated with for help or destroyed in self defense.

Please tell me you planned on having a minotaur in a maze, and some riddles told to a gargoyle to find a secret passage.

I've wanted to do the "evil guy in good party" thing, but I tried once and I failed miserably. Learnt my lesson and not trying it again. Campaign ended fairly quickly too thanks to pretty much everyone having a different idea of what they wanted to do in it, and the undercover evil guy didn't make things easier on that.

>The kingdom is ruled by a wise, talented and kindhearted king
>He manages to usher in an age of peace and prosperity
>However, he has one fatal flaw: he is way too trusting/gullible
>Nobles within his realm and outside of his realm alike seek to exploit his gullibility
>So many attempts on the king's life have been made, that he should've been killed at least a dozen times
>If it weren't for his ruthless, rotten to the core wife that is
>Through intimidation, torture, blackmail, briberies and other practices that can't suffer the light of day she has ensured that all who plotted against the king ended up dead, disappearing under mysterious circumstances, impoverished or simply refused to ever speak to the king again
>The king has fallen into a deep depression
>The queen, who sincerely loves him, can't bring herself to admit that she's behind the deaths and disappearances of his "friends"
>She knows the kindhearted king could never love a murderer
>She's also 10 years older than the king

Not sure how this could ever become relevant, unless the party somehow decides to assassinate a king.

A sphinx, but yes, secret passage.

Anything but PF or DnD.
>try for years to get friends to play something that isn't PF, including CoC
>give up
>last week someone suggests CoC and like 4 people agree
Bunch of fuckheads.

Maybe if you stopped being a contrarian cunt, people might take your suggestions seriously?

I mean, you only wrote a few lines over the internet, and I already find myself wishing you had a tripcode so I could filter your whining.

>incredible journey themed game.

This would be great for a celebrity podcast. Half of what made the 1993 movie was the voicework, particularly with Don Ameche.

Always wanted to run a campaign with all human PCs exploring a land of classic folklore. Things like, Oafish Trolls, Beautiful Human looking (albeit with a tail) Troll Mothers, actual Kobolds (gnome-like) instead of furry fapbait.
But nah. The minute you throw in otherworldly Elves and Murder/Rape fairies everyone assumes you're magic realming since it's so far removed from the norm.

Had this idea to run a game with the PCs being former members of a BBEGs evil army only they like standard get beaten by some warriors of this nature goddess then as punishment are turned into mutants to make matters even worse the BBEG was this really religious fanatic so not only are they hated by the nature faction but also there former leader.

A tesseract dungeon but I have no idea what to fill it with

Regular 4-polytype Modrons.

Throw a Hyperdodecahedron at them.

I want to run something with a "You're all that's left" feel to it. Starting with the good guys already on the ropes and ending with literally no one left on the planet but the player characters and all the bad guys.

The "Good Wizards" fought the "Bad Wizards" in the days of old. Even with the leader of the Bad Wizards the last one alive, he was too powerful to take on, even by the entire Good Wizard Federation/Group. In order to fight back, the Good Wizards erect a spire and a fortress surrounding it. This was no small feat, for it took thousands of Wizards in ritual to create an impervious fortress. They then spent five days enchanting a "Magical Vacuum," a stone that is set to engulf all the magic in the world - which will be placed in the erected spire.

A massive battle unfolds over those five days. But as each day goes by, all the Wizards feel the fading of magic. People report the disappearance of their elven traits, a farmer's enchanted cow loses it's power, and there's a sharp drop in "monster" attacks. And, of course, the Bad Wizards, or rather, it's leader sees what is about to happen and focuses their efforts to fill Blue Stones - stones that can be crushed to restore some magic into the surrounding area - for his later plan. Using his last bit of magic and trickery, he fools the Good Wizards by faking his death and turning into a shade.

After the defeat of the Bad Wizards, the Good Wizards lock up the fortress and place a powerful enchantment on the entire compound to prevent entrance unless a seal is produced. This is the last known concentration of magic on the land.

However, let's not forget the Bad Wizards leader turned shade. The shade has not forgotten of his predicament. He continues to wander the King's Forest to find a party gullible enough to climb the spire and release magic into the world.

Have your party be involved in many of the queen's plots.

Make them get suspicious about the queen and go snooping.

Have the queen hire them to be her personal black ops squad.

I have like three-four characters prerolled at all times because I like making character concepts and hate reusing characters.

Right now on the backburner I have...
>a NG Kobold Artificer named Tu who seeks to become the Grand Magical Engineer (or similar title) of the Kingdom, while seeking revenge on the people wo destroyed their warren.
>a Neutral Dwarf Barbarian named Pemble who got denounced by his family and kicked out of the mountains for being an all-around shit Dwarf. He dreams to find a gold nugget few times larger than his head, in the hopes that he can buy his own mountain to laze about in.
>Sen Wan, the LN Human Monk/Sorcerer who is a blatant ripoff of a movie character. Hint: His familiar is a tumor that's in his tongue and can speak french.
>And Bury, the NG Necromancer who is scared of death and wants to save the world from terminal disease.

Fuck it, I'm not even gonna lie, I'd play the fuck out of a game where player characters pair up and have kids from the future that they play as at a later part of the game.
The eugenics metagame would be nuts and probably provoke violence, though.

I too have enjoyed the latest installments in the Fire Emblem series.

You've got to admit it's a good idea if you actually develop each generation as people rather than just shoehorn them in.

The characters are Conquistadors (Or the fantasy equivalent) who've run into the fantasy Aztec tribes. The last session of the game is a mad, greed-filled dash through the jungle, pockets bulging with loot, while everyone tries to kill you.

Superhumans fighting the Vietnam war, against Chinese and Vietnamese superhumans and stranger things like cyborgs and so on.

I would really like to play a campaign where we cleanse a nation of the dark-skinned chaotic evil monsters befouling it while evil saboteurs from within the nation hinder our efforts

I really hate this trend of realism in RPGs.