Cape Creation General and Worldbuilding

Welcome to the thread dedicated Superhero TTRPGs!

Discussion on all systems is welcome and here's our link collection for a handful of different ones
>pastebin.com/bkpp0z2t

In the previous wave of threads, we have started an outpouring of worldbuilding for a "Cape World" setting, although the flood has since calmed down.
Some stuff has been collected into pastebins
>pastebin.com/5EyFqXgD
while the general total has been archived on suptg under assortment of tags, most reliable search is by the following:
>suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Cape

Topic starter: Have you ever had to deal with a hero vs hero situation? Was it within the party or npcs? How did it go?

Other urls found in this thread:

vindae.tumblr.com/post/11108804990/in-a-heroic-world
pastebin.com/rV9cVY8T
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why create yet another general thread?
Why not just post whatever question or idea you have without trying to make it into an institution?

so I was wondering last tread, how would you go about making a hero or villain with the power to fuse with a another person? similar to that of a DBZ fusion dance?

How do I make a telekinetic that is more than "Not!Magneto ripoff#12"?

I'm Champioms you could have two characters with a transformation power that has a hell of a lot of disadvantages (From 2 willing participants with the requisite power needing to be willingly conjoined in a turn-long dance maneuver that has a chance of failing), transforming them into a warrior with 3x their character's point totals combined.

well that depends by what you mean by "Not!Magneto ripoff#12".
I'm going to assume that you mean a "I lift heavy things with my brain and then throw them at you" type telekinetic for the sake of my suggestions.
the favor of the month answer is to just make you telekinetic powers into a Stand from jojo and use it to punch people.
or instead of throwing large things at people, focus on the little things and use your powers to pinch blood vessels and give a man a heart attack or fuck up the aim of some gunman by pressing down on the gun at random times or by jamming the gun by fucking with one of the smaller pins.

Can only move small things.

Really useful if you are creative.
>Oh i move a nerve in your brain have fin being dead/retarded
>atoms are small how about i start putting them together and make shit
>what if i just fired little bullets of scrap like a gun
There's more than just big things to use

Watch Chronicle for some ideas.

What system do you guys usually use for these games?

Would evidence gained through telepathy and mind reading be considered illegaly attained for use in court ?

Well in a sense it would violate their 5th amendment rights, however, sneakily reading their mind to find some other evidence you can present in court is a workaround.

What I'm doing for my game is having a mental health condition that puts a limit on their power. This character is a powerful telekinetic but views dead bodies as puppets on strings that she can control even though she could control anything.

I'm currently about to start a Masks: A New Generation game

>Superhero worldbuilding thread
Oh, hey.

I actually wrote this ages ago
vindae.tumblr.com/post/11108804990/in-a-heroic-world

It was meant to be a mix of Marvel/DC's in-universe setting, but with generic characters. As you can tell, it was before shit like AXIS and New 52.

I keep wanting to go back to a superhero game. I don't read comics, but I love characters like the Bat Family. One of the things that keeps me from really enjoying comics themselves is how dense the worlds are, even though that's also a thing I like.

I mean, Batman stories are less interesting when Batman fights the spooky owl secret society in one and then the ancient space God in another.

Did anything ever happen with Harper Row, or did she just get changed, retconned away, replaced, and/or forgotten about like Stephanie Brown and Dick or Gordon as Batman? Her character design is great and I like dyky punks.

Also, I like to collect images of superheroes that I can use for more generic superheroes, for groups that like visuals. Anyone know any good heroes who'd have fan art, and who's character design is "generic" enough?

Nightwing and Red Hood are good, especially if you photoshop out their logos. I've used Power Girl for a Captain Marvel rip off. I recoloured Spider-Girl a bit for a Danny Phantom/Deadman kind of character, though I haven't really done much in writing that character.

In cape world there's a guy that sees people's sins and the FBI is trying to find legal ways to use him in court.

I propose that psychics and the like be used in the capacity as a witness. For suspects of capital crimes a mind reading may be ordered by the court. A psychic is only as good as their reputation. A psychic will a single false or ambiguous read will have their testimony torn to shreds by a good defense attorney.

Outside some special communities with special psychic rules reading minds without clear recorded permission is a huge no no and evidence obtained that way dies under the fruit of he poisoned tree rule.

So a PC telepath that mind reads Martin Dundo or the like is in big legal trouble.

Things get even trickier when you have bad guy telepaths that put in false memories and criminals that claim to have been mind controlled. This is why psychic testimony has to be supplementary to other evidence. Psychic tampering can sometimes be detected, sometimes not.

I think a campaign based on psychic courtroom drama could be awesome. Was Dr Death really under mind control when he robbed that bank?

Any ideas for telepath courtroom characters and situations?

They can only exert a little force but can use that force with precision. They can pinch blood vessels and divert bullet paths.

They can only control one object, like a large pinball or something. But they can move it so fast and with so much force that they're incredibly deadly. Think a tiny ball moving at Mach two and combining a brick character over and over.

Their telekinesis is the result of controlling an invisible and semi-intangible being.

They don't exert a force. They just cause objects to warp and move. It's a subtle differnence but can have implications depending on how the rest of the universe works. No force means no force fields, but his actions can't be countered by other telekinetics and don't register on the psychic plain, stuff like that.

Do these help user?

Because people want to bounce ideas off each other and see if any questions can overlap or evolve into a discussion.

This is like thread number twenty or something. People clearly like it fampei.

I suppose it all depends on how you want it to work.

Maybe there is a super team based on combining and recombine with each other? Maybe there's a guy that's normal except he can fuse with people he touches even if they don't want him to. If he does this to a badguy the bad guy has to make a will check or lose control of their body. Even if they keep control him being a normal debuffs their powers and stats.

Damien is such a little shit

I was looking into getting a super hero rpg and I was wondering which ones you would recommend. I am looking for a system that is easy to run and has a large amount of customization.

touch range

Harper Row was an important character in Batman and Robin Eternal. She was roommates with Stephanie Brown and it was revealed that she was intended to be Batman's perfect Robin. A woman named Mother who uses children's tragedies and turns them into child soldiers had Cassandra Cain kill Harper's mom in an attempt to give Harper a traumatic push. This brought some drama but Harper understands that Cass didn't want to but doesn't forgive her. End of the story Harper leaves Gotham but she's expected to come back in Detective Comics at some point.

DickBats is still canon since Damian and him reference it a few times

Looks pretty good. I personally like to stick a Bronze Age between the Silver and modern though. An age where things kind of calm down from crazy atomic age shenanigans and "semi cape" stuff become big.

Man, that just sounds so much more complicated than the "dykey girl thinks Batman shit is cool, so she helps him out and joins the Bat Family despite the fact that he tells her not to". Though I guess I do still want to read Batman Eternal. Most of what I've read of the New 52 stuff, except maybe "This Is The Issue Where Damian Di--Okay He Got Better" sounds great. But it also feels all... cheap and meaningless. In the short amount of time since New 52: Damian died (got better), Harper Row was important (then left the city), Batman and Joker forgot who they were (but then remembered), Gordon was Batman (but isn't anymore), and now apparently Joker (or one of them) is The Comedian and Dr Manhattan created the New 52, or whatever the current ReBirthboot is.

Comics seem so cool when I see panels and hear about self contained stories and watch the movies (The animated series with Damian is great), but man, actually reading them sounds like such a daunting affair...

I'm a fan of the currentish age, with stuff that's reminiscent of Golden and Silver and an Iron Age without so much cynicism. But as you can probably guess by now, I'm one of those people who loves the idea of comic books, watches channels like Nerdsync and ComicDrake, and reads wikis, watches all the movies... but can't bring themselves to read the real thing.

That's one of the reasons I love DC's animated movies. They all do a good job of making the world feel as BIG as the comics are, and you get frisson from knowing who everyone is and what plot is happening, but they aren't trying to get you to buy other comics, so they tell their own story.

i-is that spiderweb coming out of his asshole?

COMPREHENSIVE STATESMEN WRITE-UP NUMBER SIX:

KENTUCKY: KENTUCKY RAIN, shy Elvis Impersonator on the super-powered version of the Peace Corps harboring a secret about his powers.

pastebin.com/rV9cVY8T

I hope you guys like it. Slowly be surely these Write-Ups come. As usual I deeply appreciate any feedback.

Kentucky Rain's write up features a concept I fond interesting: An organization helping people that don't choose to use their super powers and finding ways for people that want to stay anonymous to use their super powers while protecting their anonymity.

It touches on an issue I don't see a lot in Cape Comics: When is it okay for someone with super powers to just -not- be a super hero or someone that uses super powers? What if they just want to be a writer or flip burgers? At what point is one obligated to use their powers for others?

Its scary to be publicly known as a super human. The Dr Dooms and Hydras of the world want to make you into a super soldier or dissect you. The Kraven styled psychopaths of the world will hunt you for sport. There's lots of reasons to simply decline from publicly using powers.

Should the government ever force people to use their super powers?

A lot of time in Cape Comics you see governments try to suppress super powers. I think it would be a neat twist to see them trying to force people to use super powers. "You can use those powers as a surgeon. Or as a one-man construction team. Or as a psychic therapist. And you will. We won't give you a choice".

SO ANYWAY. Please take a look at KENTUCKY RAIN. Also, who should be the next Statesman to get a write-up?

how about the one who was really obsessed with swords? conneti-cut I think he was named?

I am viscerally disgusted by your opinions, you are the walking, talking embodiment of plebshit

Connecting-Cut I think, and yeah, I can do him.

Hey, I'm sure you're doing a great job convincing him to get more into comics.

Bronze Age was a hell of a time user. I highly recommend picking up some Marvel Team-Up where Spider-Man meets X and has to deal with Y.

It was a time that balanced quirkiness and seriousness. You had Spider-Man deal with a Manchurian Candidate Black Widow while fighting Viper and Silver Samurai with a little box reminding you that Silver Samurai got a teleporation ring that allowed him and Viper to teleport onto an take over the Helicarrier from John Belushi.

John Belushi. SNL John Belushi.

And then Nick Fury shows up with Shang-Chi and he fights Boomerang who talks himself up by mentioning that he once survived a punch from the Hulk.

Bronze Age was a hell of a fun ride.

make it so that they have to be at least indirectly so that they can make tentacles made of debris, although they can also move things that touch the ground

>Also, who should be the next Statesman to get a write-up?

Maybe Fairy Finder or Ms. Cryptic or Coyote? Some of the magical, weird members?

Must be a real hoot in Vegas.

Oh wait, no, I take it back. BOB CAT. She's my waifu.

So the last cape thread inspired me to go back working on an older setting idea of mine called "Tokyo Boom". But I got so busy on it I forgot to post lol.

It's supposed to be a M&M setting, kinda like a take on what a cape comic tokyo may be like if we take a whole bunch of toku/kaiju/manga/anime ideas and had them done by a comic company for the last 50 years.

Timeline starts in 1954 when a giant monster called gaugantuon is released from his man-made prison inside of Mount Fuji, and during his attack on Tokyo saturates the area with a strange energy that gives a few people super powers and many more the potential for powers in their family lines.

I'm working on the stories of those first few superhumans and basically the kaiju attacks that followed.

Although I have a few expys that don't follow solely japanese sources. Kintaro is a near immortal boy with superhuman strength and can fly, and he appears in 1978. So we have some comic influences as well.

Take your standard telekinesis and give it a restriction.

Telekinesis, but you can't lift small objects. You have to lift things that weight more than a tonne or it just doesn't work. Maximum size is determined by what you're lifting. Dirt is loosely packed so it falls apart easily (dropping below your minimum threshold) while concrete is much easier to lift to large sizes because it sticks together easily.

Telekinesis, but the things you move can only go as fast as you could throw them with your own strength.

Telekinesis, but everything you control just spins around you at high speed, acting as a shield.

Telekinesis, but it only works on silicon-based materials.

Telekinesis, but you start off only controlling small things, becoming more and more powerful the longer you stand still.

Telekinesis, but you have to remain touching the thing. Arbitrarily large weight limit that has imbued structural stability.

How about a Sentai team made of Transformers? They don't so much summon their mech as they combine to form the mech.

When Jason is facepalmin, you know you try too hard.

What are some one-shot missions I could send a team of street level superheroes on? Our GM is out of the country and entrusted me with running a filler mission or two while he's gone.

Two powered teens take their prom hostage with the intent to humiliate their enemies. Can your heroes stop the hostage situation and maybe nip the careers of two burgeoning supervillains in the bud? Or will they be the thing that pushes them into a worse evil? For a darker twist, maybe one of the teens is more bloodthirsty than the other and wants to turn the prom into a mass murder.

Go back to /co/

I'm just fond of more serious stories that happen to be about people in spandex with silly names.

that kind of reminds me, do you guys know of any decent magical girl archetypes?
I ask because I had a idea for a japan super team with of those archetypes being a individual magical girl.

The basic idea behind them is a female magical girl otaku finds she has the ability to make magical objects that give people superpowers; she then gets her friends together and tells them to bring something precious to them. The girl then imbues these precious items with power and asks her friends if they want to be magical girls together.

I already have at least three ideas I want to use.
>The first would be a classic magical girl before they started fighting monsters all the time, the type who got into funny gags and situations and tried to fix them though some magic spell or gizmo.

This one would be the leader and kind the team pet that you see in a lot of in magical girl shows.
She's the one who gave the rest of the team their powers and gives them upgrades and new attacks.
Her own fighting style would be to use her magical gadgets to simulate other, more famous magical girls. Like using a replica sailor moon's tiara to do her boomerang move.
continued in part 2 of 3

>The second idea would be a pair of girls whose precious items were friendship bracelets they made when they were kids. They're the petty cure archetype.
These two would be the main fighters of the group, using their fists and combo magical abilities to bring the pain along with a fusion dance special move that increasingly addicting to them.

The theme with these two would be unhealthy co-dependence. Even before they got fusion they were inseparable but now they fuse at the drop of a hat, for SU fans think Pearl's addiction to becoming Opal and you get the picture. i haven't figured out the reasons for their co-dependency but I'm leaning towards shitty home life for the both of them and/or lesbian lust taken to far.

>The third would be bit unusual and be a Dark magical girl themed around Japanese girl gangs. This is unusual due to both the fact that a DMG tends to only join up after being defeated and that most tend to not be a Moe blob.
This girl is a senpai to the rest of the group and tends to hang out with them due not having many friends her own age. Her precious item was a yoyo her crush's disabled mother gave her after said crush saved her from some bullies. The mother said that while she could never remember why she had the yoyo, it always made her feel warm when she felt bad about losing her legs and that she hoped it would give the girl the same strength it gave her.

Weirdly the yoyo greedily soaked up the empowerment magic the first girl gave it and had it's own preset abilities, each more harmful then the last like summoning a giant dog to maul their enemies.
Course this would be set up for the mother to get the yoyo back and turn into her old magical girl self once more and kick bad guy ass old school style. Using her old wheel chair wheels to make an even bigger and more powerful yoyo is mandatory because that kind of shit is my fetish.
This is somewhat limited by the girls timid nature and part of her character growth would be gaining more confidence in herself and learning to not fear her own power.

Not that user but I'm gonna steal this one

the classic "stop a bank robbery" but with a twist, the players are trapped inside the bank in their civilian guises and the bad guy set to blow the second he sees a super.
can your players use their powers in sneaky ways to defuse the bomb and stop the robbery?

Rory stay out of these threads

>Harper Row is Snyder's desperate attempt to create his own legacy character and make an already bloated supporting cast worse with a generic wannabe robin whose only defining trait is her haircut and grrl power attitude
ftfy

No.

I like how bloated the Bat Family is. I just wish most of them didn't get retconned out of existence.
I also like dyke hair

What's a super concept you've always wanted to see, but have never seen/seen done well?

I've got a few I'd like to see
>guy whose super intelligence doesn't equal "I have a PHD in everythingogly" like Mr. fantastic.

>similarly guy with super intelligence who isn't a necrotic mess of a person. just a guy who likes building shit and learning about cool things out in the reaches of negative space.

>monstrous looking alien that looks like it could skin you alive with it's pinky, turns out to be a total bro and likes to spend time reading to orphans and making new favors of ice cream while still terrifying the fuck out of villains ad his no issues with his appearance at all expect for the fact that they don't make nice shirts in his size.

>Buddha as a super hero like thor or something. just something I thought would be cool.

>hell for that matter, just a setting where every superhero is a god. Yahweh and Allah team up to fit crime and try not to kill each other in the process. meanwhile Jesus and Buddha just get a apartment in toyko and chill.

>wannabe superhero that constantly gets asked by a mask "do you like hurting people?"

A normal guy who's super power is cloning himself.

And I don't mean "poof" when they're dead clone, one that stays around and dies messily. A hero that literally buries villains in his own corpses.

Has it been confirmed how different the Chromen colors are from each other? It seems like they are like dogs in that they have different "breeds" that excel at different things, blue scientists and red soldiers and all that. But are they still in the same species?

If I remember correctly, the Chromen purposely split up into different colors so they could all specialize in something. If that is the case, then at one point they had to have been the same species, but depending on how long they have been doing this, how fast they evolve and how different one color is from another, isn't it possible that they might have changed into completely different species from their ancestors and each other?

maybe not completely different species but more like the difference between a wolf and a Chihuahua.

>The animated series with Damian is great
Opinion disregarded.

One idea I have for my next Superman expy is an alien lands in the rural USA, but NASA picked the odd meteor way before it passed the kuiper belt, identified what it was before it was past Mars and had the army ready to get the ship before it landed.

So the human looking baby alien is taken by the government instead of a good couple of farmers. The message about being their last hope, and eventually being more powerful than humans is watched by generals instead of Pa Kent.

BUT instead of the usual moronic "lets make him a living weapon" someone among the generals or the director of FBI or something has read some sci-fi, they know that shit doesn't work and usualy leads to the alien either destroying everything or becoming emperor of Earth.

In fact they've read Superman, so they decide to raise the kid with a stable and loving family (the fact that one or both of the parents are with the FBI/are former soldiers/are ex-CIA/something else is a bonus). They get a team of psychologists, psychiatrists and educators to keep an eye behind the scenes, get him in good schools with classes stealthly screened, get him in martial arts classes and the boy scouts, anything to make sure he is as much of a good guy as he can be.

In the end he is a Superman/Batman hybrid with usual flying brick package plus the equivalent training of a special forces soldier and an FBI detective.

This heros name is Paragon.

Another hero I've made is Shooter (self named First Person Shooter, wanted to be called FPS)

He was a /k/ommando /v/irgin guy who dreamed of getting in the army despite his health problems and filled that desire with playing FPS games. Till one day his wish got answered. He woke up looking like a generic shooter character, muscular, crew cut and stubble, wearing some futuristic looking armor.

He immediately enlisted.

With help of the army he discovered he had gained a measure of superstrenght, and could regenerate from near fatal injury as long as he spent a few seconds without getting hit and touching a wall, he can store guns and ammo into a hammerspace inventory and absorb ammo just by touching them with his feet. His armor is a bulletproof to small calibers and bullet and explosion resistance, it also generates a small force field around him. The armor also generats a HUD for him including a map of several feet around him.

Eventually as he gains experience he can turn the guns in his hands into videogame sci-fi versions, like lasers, plasma guns or rail guns, create turrets, learn to use energy swords, improve his map/HUD, etc. the idea is that, literally, when the character gains exp, in-game he sees he gained exp. Partly based on the manwha The Gamer.

Last hero/bump for the night.

This last one is my attempt to make a Batman, that is better than Batman at everything, but still more believable than Batman.

His story begins with a satanic cult magically killing and stealing the souls of 107 people. People fundamentally good, and all of them either actively making the world a better place, or poised to. Scientists and doctors, cops and private detectives, bilionaire philantropists and religious leaders, soldier and spies, reformed criminals and artists. Some of the literal best and brightes from around the world. Most died of seeming accidents or sudden aneurisms and heart attacks.

As they were about to commit the last murder, a proper sacrifice with dagger and altar, they were foiled by a beat cop. Fresh from the academy, not on his shift, he saw a bunch of weirdos carrying a reported kidnapped person, he tried to call reinforcements but his phone died so he went in alone. He would have died if one of his shots hadn't hit the soul collector, closing the portal to Hell and saving those 108 souls from being devored by the demon. But still bound by the magics these souls couldn't go to Heaven or any other afterlife, so the ritual forced them into joining with the poor cop.

What followed was an impressive demonstration of parkour, martial arts and champion marksmanship against the cultists. None of which were skills the poor young guy had earlier. Later he found these souls still lived through him, saw through is eyes, felt through his skin, in a symbiotic relationship. Given but a moment he could call on their skills, their life experience even their advice. Even more this had subtly changed his body making as strong as a russian soldier and olimpyc strongman, as agile and flexible as a shaolin master. He could also use them to process information and create plans a hundred times faster.

Using a skill boost power instead of buying skills allows for more points to go on other stuff

I'm disregarding yours as well

Kentuky Rain sounds like such a sweetheart.

Did you ever finish up an Extrahuman writeup by the way? Or was that someone else.

>>monstrous looking alien that looks like it could skin you alive with it's pinky, turns out to be a total bro and likes to spend time reading to orphans and making new favors of ice cream while still terrifying the fuck out of villains ad his no issues with his appearance at all expect for the fact that they don't make nice shirts in his size.

I had an idea for a cape character that was basically as grim, pouchy, toothy, angular, scary looking spawn rip off as humanly possible. And their thing was that they'd be a huge sweetheart. writhing their cloak and unfurling 90's chains and guns. only to fetch a cat from a tree, give it a little kiss and give it to the poor little kid that lost it.

screeching hellish insults at traffic as they guide an old lady across.

Drinking Decaf and brushing his many teeth.

Real boy scout.

I thought it was more of a societal construct rather than anything inherently physical.

Though if it was a societal construct that caused physical differences. that would be interesting.

I'm for the physical differences kinda like dogs. You can tell they're apart of the same species but they're definitely different breeds

I'd say a bit of both.

That way, blues are bred for their intellect, but Chroman Heirarchy dictates their talents would best be put into engineering and being general science bitches for the empire, rather than say a poet or a teacher. And Reds being better bred as soldiers and builders rather than say... well intellectuals and scientists.

>Though if it was a societal construct that caused physical differences. that would be interesting.
That's what I was thinking. The Chromen are a single species with a mix of traits, they start dividing themselves into specific colors with specific traits to excel in, things get out of hand, and before they know it the Chromen species has dissolved into several different species. It could make for a good plot or bit of lore, if this development was unintentional and had some impact when it was discovered.

Like, some plan to eventually, once every color or "breed" had reached a point in their assigned field, begin matching all the different colors together over the course of several generations with the final result of a Chromen with mix of all the best parts of all the colors. That would either be the initial goal of the splitting into colors, or, if you don't want to rewrite what we have for their history so far have we got into that yet? Sorry, I haven't participated here for a while I may be forgetting some thing that could just be the goal of some rogue groups that diverges from the established beliefs of the Chromen as a whole. In either case, it is found that a perfect Chromen is just not possible.

A hybrid like Blue Cobalt, a combination of two colors, is possible, but as a hybrid of two species she and other Chromen like her would be infertile, so the ability for the separate colors to combine their powers ends at one generation mixing only two, and a "final form" Chromen mixing the best of all of them is impossible.

I think it could make for a neat sci-fi story. The theme would be that total perfection is impossible, or a precautionary tale of getting overzealous when fucking around with your whole species. Maybe even some comparison with Nazis, though that may undermine what we have so far with the Chromen. Their thing is trying to help other alien species, but they do so very harshly and violently, right?

>history so far have we got into that yet?
Nothing really. I think the most we had established is their societal structure,they conquer other worlds to make them comform to their system and when they rebel they eliminate them, and they have trouble with the brazilian heroine's race because they run away.

Are they straight up evil empire? Or do they just have a sort of rigid culture that enforces its values on people. Kryptonians with a bit of Judge Dredd rather than Gempire.

I imagined that they're a bit of an expansionist empire that upholds their own rigid and regimentialized set of laws on the other races of the cosmos.

Some species and planets kind of view totalitarian rule by Chromans as a better alternative to lawlessness and chaos brought on by previous rulers and space bandits.

That said there are others that are well off or are okay with their situation, that don't like the idea of being put through the chroman's own societal mesh.

Feels like they have a "place for every person," maximum utility structure. It's not necessarily evil, but it seems cold and rigid to those of us that value personal freedom. They genuinely believe that their way is the right way - it eliminates conflict, poverty, hunger, disparity, and has let the Chroman expand far beyond their home planet. How could it not be proper?

I also believe they don't really like war, but see it as a regrettable necessity.

I definitely feel like they don't view themselves as evil and they just want to maximize every race's potential. I feel like most of the Chromen wouldn't like war except the Chroma Red because he/she views it as an evolutionary experience for his group/race. It weeds out the weak and the war itself forces the other colors to get creative and provide new technology to beat a new threat.

You know in keeping with a vague 'painting' metaphor we have going on with the Chromans

Their thinking really strikes me as similar to the modernists or bauhaus.
A creative aesthetic movement that philosophized that "if things were done the bauhaus way everyone in the world would be better off."

If everything in your house was modernist you'd become an enlightened and intelegent individual.

I can't recall the name of the specific architect, but he basically designed a house on commission, and then all the stuff inside. But the owner wanted to change the curtains or add some new furnishings (Something to that effect), and the artist basically went "WOah woah woah! that's not how I envisioned it! that's not how this house that you live in is meant to be lived in."

I wish I could recall their name.

I always found it funny that in art history, artists and movements that oppose facisim and rigid dogma and totalitarian rule, basically argue "IF things were done OUR way, life would be so much better."

Huh that's interesting

I think it might've been Walter Gropius, but I'm not sure if that is right.

Regardless early Modernists are weird.

For example.
This house has a elevated bit for this wonderful recent invention called cars to come in and park. And the first thing you see on the interior of the house his a pillar with a sink attached.

the reason why its there is because cars are important and you drove your shiny new car to get here, you'll want to wash your hands right away! its "ergonomic"!

It also goes without mentioning that these flat roofed modernist houses are leaky as shit. The roofs weren't angled to let water run off the sides, so while these big flat topped squares are pretty looking they weren't as useful as they were purported to be.

Weird art history stuff may not exactly be thrilling superhero discussion I know, but the parallels to art and architecture could bring some depth.

They think they know what's right and good, but its not good for everyone, or not as good as they thought.

Or their general design aesthetic can be something like out of a Piet Mondrian painting.

Yep, we're having cancer metastasing from wodg.

>guy whose super intelligence doesn't equal "I have a PHD in everythingogly" like Mr. fantastic.

Fuck Mr. Fantastic. He figures out all this science shit and tells nobody. Keeps it all a secret from everybody except other science superheroes. He could advance human understanding and technology hundreds of years, and instead he spends his time fighting the Evil Dr. McBad Dingbats instead of curing, I don't know, death.

I want to see a villain who has as much a problem with that as I do, and spends all of his time reverse engineering superscience (And keep trying to break into the Baxter Building to steal all of Fantastic's tech) specifically to release it into the world.

Keep your whining in that thread

What exactly would make this hypothetical villain a villain? Seem pretty heroic if all they do is find a good use for abandoned superscience.

Or how about you keep yourself to it instead

Well, he'd be breaking the law, breaking into government vaults to loot villaintech, that kind of thing. Even if he's not really a 'villain', he'd be labelled as one. And then soon he'd probably cross paths with other heroes who try to take him in.

The way I envision him, he doesn't even really have a name for himself. He's just a pretty portly guy. Beer gut, unshaven stubble, some goggles... He's not very imposing, and he doesn't have much personal power. No real laserbeams or teleportation.

But what he does have is a bunch of small shitty stations everywhere. Each one has a satellite dish, a screen, and they're all networked somehow. Just so that whenever he claims any new tech, he can distribute it immediately.

And that's the thing- He doesn't build anything unless he can understand it. And he doesn't use it until he's released that information. He's not smart enough to make new shit, but he *is* smart enough to reverse-engineer all this stuff..

I also have an idea of him hiring supervillains to do the B&E when he can't. I'm not sure how he'd get money though.

How do you guys go about recreating inner team drama and relationships? For example, in any given issue of the Avengers one hero will dislike another, one hero will be pining for another, etc. Do you just let that happen organically or?

Actual comics books are often real shoddily written, by far not everything from them should be taken as gospel.

Do not force drama, let it arise naturally. If it doesn't arise, still don't force it. If it arises too far, bring it down.

How would you incorporate the great tradition of Hostess products assisting super heroes into Cape World or any other super hero setting?

Have you ever done anything with not-Hostess products?

Have the villain steal forty hostess cupcakes

>Stealing forty cakes
Holy shit man, what kind of grim dark cesspool is your campaign world like?

That's as many as four tens

And that's terrible

Haven't finished him yet, but he's coming.

Buddha would be a kickass hero. Bodhisatvas were basically super heroes. Put one on a team with a pagan goddess and a Saint and you got something interesting.

I remember Thunder Mind of the Great Ten achieved Budha hood but they never really did much with him besides job him out.

That could be a really neat power. If the super bank robber doesn't surrender right now he's going to have to deal having a body count on his hands.

Having to fight an army of clones fine with being killed would rattle any non psychotic super baddie. Is getting away really worth killing a small army?

I'd say it's a bit of both. It's breeding and social engineering.

I see the Chrimans being like the British Empire. They believe strongly in the Chroman's Burden. They're advance and perfect and they owe it to other races to make them as perfect as they are.
Sometimes the stupid savages fight back and have to be educated in what's best for them.

Sometimes they're a good influence on the galactic community because they take down genocidal and despotic civilizations. Think of them like Rome.

The green one kinda reminds me of Yellow Diamond

so to reawaken the tread I ask it, how would the heroes in your setting handle Civil War.
would they fight, try to talk it out, would they be all for or against it?

Telekinetic who releases a high frequency scream in order to lift things. Scream also functions as an EMP

Nice idea and I do have a race of sentient robots already that could fit the bill. The hero Jetboy is a basically a "teen" robot that transforms into a starfighter. Perhaps they get technology from that race and the Titan Project (Sentinel exps)?

Thanks for the ideas.

I have several magical girls I know of currently operating. Gemini is technically a magical girl although she has all of the powers of her team magnified and is now a young adult wonder woman.

I also have a magical princess from one of the higher realms called Origin, suspected as the birthplace of humanity. She travels to alternate dimensions and realms in a magical ship that looks like one of those japanese picture booths.

Personality is much like Star from Star vs the forces of evil meets the Doctor. Although I made the character like six years ago so I found that show to be quite funny.

What are some good, semi-realistic superpowers?

>realistic
>superpowers

>semi-realistic superpowers?

Being a savant.

I have this character idea for a savant analysist, that servers as the BBEG. Works for CIA or maybe some private military corporation with mobile suits. His plans are byzantine, the reason for his missions is never quite clear. He will always try to occupy the high ground, via satellite, air superiority or drones. His first mission is named operation skyhook.

Original toroid steel.

semi-realistic*