/CYOA/ General

Never Before Have I Been So Weary Edition

Old Thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/43r0qdm4sm895/The_End_Approaches
youtube.com/watch?v=xFxrzSrVv0I&t=35s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

mediafire.com/folder/43r0qdm4sm895/The_End_Approaches

1.15 is about 3/4ths done excluding the Lore that's going to be coming with it. I was thinking about making a special set of mission 'mystery boxes' for certain options, allies and such. Thoughts?

It'd make the final mission less lonely. However, I'm sure you've noticed how some characters and CYOAs have been ruined by mystery boxes.

Hell, Harem is a textbook example of how mystery boxes can go wrong.

Just watch your footing, boss. I really like this CYOA.

For this big of a cyoa, I think no on the mystery boxes.

whatever gets it done a teeeeny bit faster.
cant wait to see the new version.

If beri read this, please answer mais question from last thread

Feedback is much appreciated. I'm going to try and pull an all nighter tonight to get everything for the 1.15. Blood and thunder and all that aye?

Hustle, don't hurry.

Oh boy oh Boy new travellers CYOA!

Random parts to a CYOA are better for larger ones.

anyone got Hibiki's updated CYOA? I haven't made a build for the vehicle version yet.

Does anyone have the Persona CYOA? I didn't save it when it was first posted.

What's the point of wearing skirts like that when just leaning forward a little lets everyone see the goods?

You act like that's not the entire point.

Which is a good point. ; )

>implying that isn't the whole point

I love this one, too bad Club Soda is hardly an option, quite like the real life version.

>time loop

what if you're living in jail? LOL you're gonna get fucked.

>Reincarnation
good luck living as a fucking insect

>Transferal

go fucking die when there's no living beings left

>Perpuation

Get fucked when you're paused

my god, all of this is just pure shit. Atleast make an option where we get to reincarnated in a fantasy world

So confusing, make it like others man, like from up to down, That thing makes me dizzy

Luck is either hit or miss, both Charisma and No sleep are amazing, but I'll have to take the "only read something once and able to perfectly recall it"
>Lemon-Lime
At least I only have to drink it once.

Welp ea conference is over guess it's time to go back to work on OC might even get it out before the annual Todd posting starts up

The Isles CYOA has been that way for a long while, and many variations.

>good luck living as a fucking insect
Then you die and live as something else.

I was thinking that reincarnation was one of the the few choices that was remotely palatable.

Enjoy

>You may ask, "How did this tradition get started?"
>I'll tell you!

Sorry, I didn't save the whiny bitch CYOA for you.

-Mammalian (like werewolf)
-Increased Strength
-Increased Defense
-Increased Speed
-Regeneration

Drawbacks & Mission
-Budget Rangers +2
-Magical Girl Team +3
-Nosy Reporters +1
-Infiltration +2

Boss Perks
-Enhanced Strength
-Enhanced Defense
-Enhanced Speed
-Enhanced Regeneration
-Band of mooks (Free)

imma use my band of mooks to rape the little magical girls you know blackmailing them, (all anime girls can't do shit once they got blackmail kinda like those shitty NTR manga)
and told the mooks to kill the rangers, wear their uniforms, then kill the reporters in PUBLIC. so that the knew it was the ranger's fault. If magical girl's blackmailing failed. imma use the ranger as a distraction so that it will be magical girls vs power rangers. Fuck. It's going to be great.

this one's good, thanks god bless

Cherry soda. I really need luck right now.

hey guys, what are unique classes for a fantasy CYOA?

Arithmetician

If someone could make a nice CYOA about Warhammer ( Sigmar ), I would be gratefull.
I have already done the one that was posted here lots of times.

Sewage Constructor/Epidymologist
Gynocologist(with specialization in Succubi)
Teacher
Scribe

Moon Knight
Rune Monk
Dualist
Undine
Star Lancer
Steam Warrior
Demonic Rogue

Wasn't there one with like 3 options?

Rider
Lancer
Avenger
Shielder (using dual shields)

>moon knight

KEK

Stuff that's setting specific, like zombie turtle cavalry, or a "paladin" that uses a type of blood magic from a god of live, fertilitty and carnal pleasures.

I like Alchemists, Gunslingers, Illusionists, Fallen Paladins, Swordmasters (just some dude really good with swords), Witch/Wizard (occultism and curses).

I think you can choose almost any topic and make a nice class out of it with some creativity, like a knight based around constellations, detective-type about tracking and noir stuff or berserker with rape powers.

>Beast Tamer
Yes, it's common in fantasy games but it's extremely rare in fantasy cyoas.
>Artificer
Basically a glorified wizard smith, but sometimes very cool.
>Golemancer
Necromancers and summoners are common, but golemancers are not.
>Onmyodo
Special kind of japanese exorcist that's pretty fucking interesting but barely ever seen in cyoas.
>Ninjas
Good luck finding one of these fellas in a fantasy cyoa. Closest you can get is a rogue but they don't come with Ki manipulation powers and martial arts.

Peasant
Pauper
Poor
Live Bait
Dragon Layer (no, there's not supposed to be an S there)

If you like Alchemists on the battlefield, look up dragon's dogma online. It combines them wiith the monk to make them a status effect based tank.

Heck, that franchise hasgreat class systems in general.

Battleship

>not Apache attack helicopter

Fucking cis-scum.

Just watched a video, looks fucking radical, you never see alchemist beating shit like that.
Shield Sage sounds good too.

>Ninjas

Are they that rare in CYOAs? I've always liked the Final Fantasy ninjas that had elemental ninjutsu. That reminds me that Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and the Bravely Default games are a good source of some neat classes.

Helicopters are too OP
youtube.com/watch?v=xFxrzSrVv0I&t=35s

Shield Sage was better in the First game, you could turn into a magic gatling gun.

Potato
Background Character
Australian

All I got.

I just looked it up, and Element Archer is just like one of the typical builds I make for my waifu.

I do have an unfinished cyoa about fantasy classes lying around, but unfortunately I won't get to my PC for the next hours.

Yes, you're lucky to find a battlemage in a fantasy cyoa let alone a ninja. It's really hard to balance mages - warriors - rogues and somehow ninjas are somewhere in between all 3 of them which makes it even harder.

That's mostly non-sense mysticism. Ninjas are more of a sub-class to rogues/assassins or a local variety thereoff.

Always found the idea of the Synthesist from pathfinder interesting despite never actually having had a chance to play one. The whole summon things to fuse with is an interesting take on a summoner.

Semen Demon
Fluid Druid
Jizz Wizard
Cum Conqueror

Seriously, you don't need all those different ones when the first you mentioned is already the best. But you did give me an idea. Imagine a lewd CYOA with a bunch of different sex classes like that.

From Bravely Second
Catmancer
Exorcist
Hawkeye
Patissier
Merchant
Performer

Depends on the type of ninja, but they are usually more martial arts based than assassins which tend to be 1 HKO types. KI based skills, often elemental, also gives them access to a form of magic. They basically dabble in all 3 base archtypes although do they lean most to the rogue/assassin side. That doesn't make balancing them easy though.

Spunk Monk
Seminal Sentinel
Semen Summoner

I'd gently fuck this idea.

merchants are all too rare

I already picked the classes I'm using, thanks for the responses guys.

Cock Sock
Cum Dump
Lew Lieutenant

Which ones? Don't tease us like that.

Making a simple CYOA that's just "pick X perks from a list of Y"
there will be 24 perks total

what feels like a good number of choices? thee?

I think it should have thou.

>>Ninjas
>the Bravely Default games are a good source of some neat classes.

Catmancer here desu. I'll fuck your shot up with the help of my friendly cats who for some reason can do all kind of special attacks.

I wonder what new jobs they'll add for bravely third.

It really depends on the perks and how broadly applicable they are.

Depends. How good is each perk?
"You can generate one cute doggo picture a day" 6+ perks
"You can move shit with your mind" 6- perks
"Satan is your assrape slut" 1-2 perks

I'm fond of Ye

Have to keep it a secret.

It'll be better when the CYOA comes out.

ranges from making voodoo dolls to becoming an expert negotiator to being able to see well in darkness or blinding light.

So I'm guessing five, or so.

>turns out it's just Arithmethician
>Arimethician CYOA
>also pick waifu-versions of historic Mathematicians

>Super Novice

Fucking, Japan.

>Cock Sock
Absolute toppest tier, tbqh.

i don't have it but i'm also interested

If you wouldn't fuck Gauss you can just get right the fuck out of this thread right now.

It's Korean?

So we'd get a bunch of faux-geeky waifus who've all been gangbanged by warriors and bards, and now pretend to be shy nerds because their biological clock is ticking and they need to catch themselves a mage provider.

Now I'm going to be up all night wondering if you picked one of mine.

Korea, actually.

Serious question, why people say Gauss is so great?
I don't see why he would be more important or impressive ou influent than Euler for instance.

>Fucking, Japan.

IIRC, some people liked to play as the novice rather than upgrading to one of the other classes like you're supposed to, so they made a novice+ class for them. also it's korean.

>historic Mathematicians

So most of them would be middle-eastern waifus?

I don't think it's been done yet so you could have at it if you want.

Oh boy, and I just finished bio soldier CYOA

>arthropod (Xenomorph style)
>increased strength
>increased speed
>increased defence
>Enhanced senses

Drawbacks
>budget rangers
>magical girl team
>dark hero
>nosey reporters
>exposure

Boss Perks
>enhanced strength
>enhanced speed
>enhanced defence
>enhanced regeneration
>napalm breath
>vibro blade (vribro whip tail)
>shadow step
>band of mooks

DEF SS
SPE S
STR A

and for the Faerie

Companions
>Blossom (Blossom a cute I say, A CUTE.)
>an old friend (come my minions rise for your master)

Adventurers
>none

Nations
>skylands

Locations
>sky pirate

Contacts
>swift flyer
>elemental lance
>first mate

Drawbacks
>hostile hostiles, The Ardent Flyer
>hostile hostiles, House of Roses
>hostile hostiles,The Rogue Tower

Tasty brown al-Khwarizmi waifu

That would need Zhou Bi Suan Jing and Pythagoras next to one another with the main differences being ethnicity and age.

And Greek, English, German, Italian, Russian. There are a lot of mathematicians.

What makes a cyoa memorable? What makes a cyoa actually good?

>What makes a cyoa memorable?

Unique capacity for lewd.

>What makes a cyoa actually good?

Not needing to rely on obvious lewds for the above. Anons tend to be a thirsty breed, but make them creatively earn it and they'll love you. Or just make another slut life.

>What makes a cyoa memorable?

The writing and characterization really, it has to be spot on, concise enough to fit in one or two maybe three sentences per option but detailed enough for autistic players to put all the pieces together like a puzzle when they read between the lines. This keeps them hooked.

And the most important aspect of a good cyoa is inherent tribalism. There has to be competing factions that the players can identify and be part of, forming the cornerstone of their escapist narrative that shapes everything else.

Other then that, waifuable and non waifuable companions are a must.

>catmancer
>not nekomancer