WIP / Painting General

Divorced widow making stuff for her neckbeard son edition

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
[YouTube] Build A Light Box On The Cheap, Take Gorgeous Photos! (embed)

>How to Moldlines
[YouTube] Removing mold lines from models (embed)

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
[YouTube] How to Magnetize a Tyranid Carnifex (embed)
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Ventilate, motherfucker
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-WHpQVMZbjo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well, I'll be damned. This thing turned out to be more useful than I thought. Not only is that magnification useful to find those annoying little hairs or mold lines, the light is also really bright.

On a completely different note, any suggestions for colours for a Van Saar gang? Just secured myself a bunch of third and fourth generation Genestealer hybrids as well as a Primus for basically nothing, and they'd make perfect Van Saar with a few headswaps.

>Divorced widow making stuff for her neckbeard son edition
... what?

Looks like pretty plain fucking english to me.

yan lo is done!
ready to resurrect spoopy skeletons

Hey Veeky Forums,

making progress on my trench network. Hand painted the exposed foam ends and then spray painted the inner corrugated cardboard sides to help avoid them warming when I add paint.

Here you can see a bunch of the colours and washes I will be utilizing.
I am doing the corrugated steel that is rusted with a reddish brown and some oranges here and there.

Any suggestions before I move forward?
Thanks.

I ended with this. It's directly under the light so it's a lot darker IRL, I'll do about half as many layers to avoid having such a dark blue I think.

I'll just have to fo the details and the eyes I guess. Wish me luck.

Well I wanted to say that before yiu started painting but I figured it'd be silly but still:

I think the ground of your trench is too even if you see what I mean. It's a hole in the earth, I would have tried to put some uneven ground here and there, yo make it more realistic.

Just strip it man, his face is melted. Next time make your glazes less loaded.

That skeleton doesn't seem vary dangerous. In fact he seems completely armless.

Yeah just strip him and start again user, unless you want to hear THIN YOUR PAINTS at full volume for the rest of your life.

It's not about thinning, he said that last thread, he glazed too hard.

With puns that bad your mother deserves raping.

Why didn't you say it then? haha
Yeah, if they were built into a table then there definitely would have been much more depth, but as they lay on top of the battlefield, I only gave myself an inch of height to work with else the mounds on the sides would have been huge and really hurt that realistic element. Twas the trade off.

Bit harsh m8.

I still don't understandhow the user managed to have such a uniform and strong blue in 2 layers.
Like, fuck, mine is closer to GK than an AL after 2 glazes.
I know that he used an airbrush for the silver, but you don't apply glazes with an aibrush as well right?

I'll see how it looks with around half as many layers.

Reposting my modular truescale marine kit prototype from last thread. Would liek suggestions for improvement.

Could you show a picture of him not standing in such a squat position?

It's a bit hard to jufge proportions with a pose like that.

1 actually you do, look for alpha legion fw scheme
2 he used the right amount, which i don't know, but probably exists
3 even in last thread i didn't understand your fixation, just apply as many as you need, there is nothing forcing you to make only 2

Prime Krylon Silver Spray Paint+Primer. It's almost white silver. Way brighter than Runefang.

First layer
5:2 Lahmian Medium to Asurmen Blue
Second Layer
5:2 Lamian Medium to Asurmen Blue
Dry Brush Runefang lightly
5:1 Lahmian Medium to Asurmen Blue
Dry brush lightly Runefang

Hope that helps you achieve what you are trying to do with your model.
The gold is the same but with Gryphonne Sepia instead of Blue.

They already told you, but people already mock the marines signature pose because they look like they are taking a dump, this is evem worse, if you really wamt him bended like that move him to one side so he looks like he has his weight on one leg

>fixation

Must...follow...method.

Pic related is the other one, I'll probably add a layer of blue and see how it looks.

Thanks. Funnily enough, I thought about asking last thread if someone had your recipe for the blue, since you lanaged to a good metallic blue.

Then I might suggest you just work on them and stop bothering us with how you refuse to adjust your technique and procedure to work for you, an apparently unique human being to the user that you are so in love with.

oops ignore that last dry brushing of silver. I don't do that second one, that was just a copy paste error.

It might be the pic, but his head looks thick, watch out for the head's details, it takes little thickness to ruin it, apply your glazes to the head only after doing the body so you are sure you are not using an overloaded brush.

This fucking guy
I hate robes and white
How's he look so far?

THICC Marines

Blue is looking good, but that white is really dirty for 2pure4u eldar.

A little THICC

I disagree, where do you see thickness?

I personally think blue is too dark too, it was better before the nuln. Try using the wash more precisely wjere you want it for the white.

Your sculpting looks pretty good so far. If you intend to use this for kill team or something keep it up.

If you intend to make an army of these you're putting a lot of work into something that's only going to get harder. What are you going to do about vehicles? Did you plan to make rhino's out of land raiders and drop pods out of plasticard?

I made this guy more than three years ago by lengthening the legs, thighs, waist, forearms, widening the chest, and buffing the legs up with greenstuff. It was a lot of work and it wasn't worth it. Every release from GW and FW will be incompatible with what you make and you're mostly going to be playing against another marine army anyway.

What are you, six? Why do people take pride in showcasing how dumb they are?

I would dare say it's the pic, this one has fewer layers than the other, I'll be more careful around the head from now on though. The back of the neck is always a pain, since there's so little space, it makes some sort of bridge between the back of the head and the gorget when I apply paint here.
Thanks for pointing it out.

I found this on B&C.
Hope it helps.

I am fine with only sizing up the infantry part of the army. So Standard Marines and Terminators. The vehicles and walkers can stay as they are in my opinion.

Aw thanks a lot man.

that marine on the ground is a fucking pussy.

>"ah, I have an eyelash in my eye, can you see it? Did you get it?!"

And the guy in the middle has slipped on a banana. What a moron.

Looking at this, I have a very stupid question:

What's the difference between watered down abaddon black and Nuln noil?
Aren't they both diluted liquidy black paint?

Consistency. A thinned Abby black will apply normally to the surface, but Nuln oil will just flow with gravity down the surface until it settles.

So, /wip/, I have a question.

I'm making a spidery face, with a fuckton of eyes. How do I do it?

I'm thinking miliput base, with greenstuff to get the eyes and stuff in, but I need a way to sculpt on the eyes and make 'em look good or alright. The other thing is the mouth, which will also be a pain.

Personally I'd use tiny beads or something like that for the eyes and sculpt the face around that.
What materials you use depends on how big it's supposed to be I guess.

If you are not sure how to approach this you could also take a spider miniature and hack it's head off and just use that.
Depending on what size of spider head you need it should be easy enough to find something useful. Reaper and other manufacturers that you could use for D&D or pathfinder will have various sizes of spiders as does GW in their AoS and LotR lines.

The spider in question is currently the Reaper spider demoness. She's going to have a spider face attached at the front, and a few other tweaks to get the right look.

I do have a spare one of their filth beasts. I might chop off its face and use it to get the main 'mouth' set up...

It's epic?

Got a pair of chaplains coming in
This is basically what I'm going to do

a crozius is not just a fancy energy weapon, it's a symbol of office. Why would he have two?
I think a Chaplain with crozius and powerweapon or whatever the rules equivalent would be would make more sense from a fluff pov.

Yes. Epic fail.

WIP of a sidecar bike for Gorkamorka.

He's the last chaplain in the chapter, so he has two.

Mini six.

How did the texturing on the skirt turn out? Face is a bit bad, based it a dark color and then I just couldnt get cadian flesh onto the nose and brow, just cannot for the life of me get a highlight to stick where Im brushing it.

Does the hot water trick work after painting? Without damaging the paint?

Love kt, any infos you would want to add on how you did it?

Spiderman?

Im going to strip the shield and start over. Tried to weather it with a sponge, paint was too thin and the sponge was bad. Tried to decal by hand, slipped. Ended up with like 10 layers of crap on this thing

Im pretty satisfied with the mini though

give him 11 then!

that went over my head, user

Don't talk to me or my Emperor's Children ever again

Faggot

is this supposed to look like an eva?

what's wrong with Fulgrim's face?

>Divorced widow

Good job, man!

Happy to see them finally painted.

Gee, I wonder who could be behind that post.
>Lesser Astartes detected.

He is on the wall.
Take the minimum effort to flip your photos if you want people to make any effort commenting on them.

yeah she got divorced and remarried and he died. Think.

Also, I can't believe you're still on those couple words at the start of this thread.

Move on user, post your work.

calm down pro painter learn some tact

He tried remoddelong it to the non cockgobbling face of the originally planned mini before they decided on the super awesome mini diorama double mini sale scheme.

Faces are hard.

>He tried remoddelong it to the non cockgobbling face of the originally planned mini before they decided on the super awesome mini diorama double mini sale scheme.

youtube.com/watch?v=-WHpQVMZbjo

I had thought the problem was merely random with my phone, but I just reviewed the photos and the only non rotated ones were taken in landscape.

My apologies

Do it without the head attatched. Mount them on a piece of wire and glue them later.

>picture ends up blurry
I just keep fucking this up

Bold move.
Rhinos already look barely big enough to fit a tac squad.

>Want Dreadknight
>Don't want derpy baby carrier
Wat do?

Why aren't you reviewing them before uploading?

You aren't just using your camera app right off the upload picture button are you?

USB cable is frayed and broken, requires being cradled like a spoiled cock to connect to the laptop and I've actually run out of room on my phone's internal storage so getting a picture taken is dubious at best since it refuses to store to my SD card.

So I use the inline button (which saves to SD card for god knows why but hey), I look at it on my standard phone screen, it seems fine, I hit go.

The only reason I tripped up this time was because I took it landscape and then it switched to portrait and it became even more miniaturized, hiding the blurriness

Breath. Take a second and look up how to take a proper pic of a mini if you have to. If the image looks blurry on your screen, I have a surprise for you, but its going to look blurry on ours even after you upload it to magic internet land.

First of all, experiment and take some pics until you can get one that is actually in focus.

You are not a photographer with a 1000$ macro lense are you? Then get back from that model. You don't have to take the photo from an inch away (and will always have problems with focus on your phone that way).

Consider a timer for the picture. Consider propping it on something so your hands are not moving. If you have to hold it, breathe OUT slowly as you take the picture. You are more steady at that moment. That tip may help you kill a man to save your life some day ;)

Next, your image resolution when you upload is way too large. The model ends up being like 2 feet tall at your resolution. Its like watching a movie from the front row. Its hard to take everything in and obviously every little mistake that you wouldn't ever notice on the model becomes like 3 inches big.

So, take the pic further back, focused, with lots of dead space around it.

Open it in an image editor, auto adjust "levels" to let the program do the work of correcting colours that your phone didnt grab properly in preprocessing, crop the dead space around the model, resize it to like a width of 800 pixels.

This photo is after processing to upload to WIP.
I also export them from GIMP at 50% quality. Why? Because the file was 1.9MB and now it is 68.7kb and if you looked at the two images side by side, you couldn't tell the difference.

The next image will be this same picture, but PREprocessing (that is, straight from my phone).

protip: I have dropbox on my phone and computers. The instant I take a picture it is instantly transferred to all my systems.

Here is the preprocessed image.
WARNING, huge resolution for demonstration reasons. I greatly reduced the file size though.

So im thinking of expanding my Tau auxiliaries to be full fledged second army projects. How well do you guys think Terminator armor converted into Crisis stand-ins would go? Trying to make a list of off the wall ideas that could shape into a future SM or IG army.

Feel free to throw a couple ideas in the hat, and i will post updates if they go anywhere!

Take the head of the mech off? So its more of an exoskeleton look.

>I have dropbox on my phone and computers. The instant I take a picture it is instantly transferred to all my systems.
Now there's a solution

>is this supposed to look like an eva?

To me it looks like the Infinity mecha designs draw most of their inspiration from Masamune Shirow's works - primarily Appleseed and Ghost In The Shell.

Getting closer. I'm coming around to liking the red plastron, and I already knew I'd like the red eyes and bolt gun. Need to do some tidying up and highlights, though... and then on to insignia (I haven't a clue!) and the backpack/cloak.

Flesh Tearers user here.
I'm trying to decide how to paint my doods but I'm not sure what colors work best for the chest decorations and the cables on the abdomen.
I did up a few combinations on B&C's painter with the rest of my color scheme as reference.
I'm kinda partial to #3 and #5 but I'd love to get other user's opinions.

Also, I know acetone won't melt metal and as such is great for stripping metal models of their paint, but does anyone know if it would harm any green stuff that was applied to a model?

Forgot pic.
Sorry for the size.

>jump pack with jet engines
>cape

It's like he's asking for a horrible death

#1 or 5

Looks like that robot is railing her in the ass.

Does anyone have examples of Battlecannons mounted to a Knight's left arm? Something other than someone just switching arms, because that looks weird with the shield placement

>jump pack with jet engines
>cape
>
>It's like he's asking for a horrible death

Do you remember... Thunderhead? Tall... storm powers... Nice man. Good with kids.
November 15th of '58! All was well, another day saved, when... his cape snagged on a missile fin!

Didnt dual pistol Moritats get nerfed into uselessness?

I hope you're good with green stuff.

what model is that if i might ask

Has anyone tried pic related to do SM eyes? I was thinking of using the green for my guys.

Acetone turns green stuff (and other two part epoxies, like milliput) to mush.

>Le Incredibles maymay
Cloaks are very useful were used in combat throughout history.

Cloaks were useful for keeping warm. If an EC needs a cloak to keep warm, his armor has terrible environmentals.

Been playing around with these guys off and on today. Gonna go with these colors for the Kill Team.