What does Veeky Forums think of crossplaying?

What does Veeky Forums think of crossplaying?

what is that?

I don't care. /pol/ probably will though, so expect the usual angry "muh norms" shitposting.

>Crossplay (the term is a portmanteau of crossdressing and cosplay) is a type of cosplay in which the person dresses up as a character of a different gender. Crossplay's origins lie in the anime convention circuit, though, like cosplay, it has not remained exclusive to the genre.

if it's the only thing someone does, concern

otherwise don't care

In an RPG context, it's usually used to refer to people playing characters of the opposite gender.

I don't have a problem with it, and I've never been in a group which has had a problem with it. I've done it as a player and I've had players do it as a GM. It's fine.

Which is why it surprises me that whenever this question is asked Veeky Forums inevitably flies into a bitchfit over it.

I think it’s acceptable when women do it but when men do it, things start getting really creepy. Yes, it's a double standard, but I don't give a fuck.

>role-playing as the opposite gender is absolutely off the table
You guys must be pretty shit GMs.

If you're fine with it when it's a woman and not when it's a man, then you can't claim any kind of principle, as you conceded. That means it's some weird psychological thing on your end. That's nothing to be proud of, user, no matter how hard you try to front it out.

I'm still not sure if OP means cross-playing on the tabletop, or cosplaying the opposite sex/gender in real life cosplay events.

I suspect he's done this intentionally to piss people off, as well

OP asked me what I thought, I told him what I thought.

WHAT YOU THOUGHT IS WRONG THEN!!!!

It could something as simple as the voice.

It's easier to go down in pitch than it is to go up, and while most women can easily do a passable male voice (to the point where it's not uncommon for women to voice young men in cartoons), it's much harder for most men to do a passable female voice.

Add that to effeminate men being generally unlikable, and it's not hard to see why it's common for people to accept women playing men but to be resistant to men playing women.

Given that I know and trust all of the other people I play with I have no real reason to tell them not to. I guess the fear would be that the player would be playing some horrid fetishbait character, but if they were going to do that they'd probably be a bad player anyway so I really don't think it matters. I'm going to be avoiding those people regardless of what sex their character is.

Also, it would be kind of a weird thing to get uppity about since my GM is a transwoman anyway.

I honestly can't tell if you're serious or just being ironic.

It gets boring REAL quick.

Oh look, I'm standing here.
Still standing here.
Yup, still standing.
Oh, look, now I'm being used to crucify someone and... still just standing here.
Really, I just don't see the appeal.

So you mean drag queens and dykes

Just say drag queens and dykes

Honestly, if you're in the game for long enough/you're a grown-ass person and you haven't played as the other gender, you really aren't trying hard enough thematically. Shots fired.

This thread again?

I always play dudes. No reason to do otherwise

I think it's more how men have a much higher incidence of being creepy about it, user.