Warmachine/Hordes General: I need HOW MANY theme books?!? Edition

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf

Thoughts?

Any word on new theme lists? I'm looking to start a new army, think I'll go with Convergence. Gonna order a bunch of stuff in a couple weeks here and would like to have some corresponding units.

And this.

Only one that's known so far is the Cephalyx contract. But if that one is anything to go off of, they'll be strong.

Reposting this.

(Mortenebra 1) Master Necrotech Mortenebra [+24]
- Deryliss
- Leviathan [16]
- Nightwretch [7]
- Nightwretch [7]
- Harrower [16]
- Malice [15]
Warwitch Siren [4]
Warwitch Siren [4]
Bane Knights (max) [17]
Bane Lord Tartarus [8]
Scrap Thrall [2]
Scrap Thrall [2]
Soul Trapper [1]

What I wanna do is get the 5 souls plus Spectral Steel on Malice so it goes up to 24 ARM, then use Overrun to deliver it into the opponent's caster with 8 focus.

Why didn't they just remove theme forces?

Why would you ever take a leviathan ever again?

Because now it doesn't need Mertenebra to forcefeed it to work?

Because Mortenebra is a ranged jack caster now.

The Attendant Priest doesn't do much for the Gun Mages, since they're already magic damage on their guns, and Malekus's feat works with them already (since it works on enemy models taking damage rolls as opposed to friendly faction models making damage rolls).

With those points (plus possibly a wrack) I'd replace the Castigator or the Guardian with a Reckoner so:

a) You can drop Open Fire on three different ranged jacks each turn
b) You can open with a boosted Reckoner shot to land Flare on whatever you focus the (unboostable) Open Fire shots on.

The Castigator seems mildly redundant with the Vanquisher and Cleansers, and I'm not sure you'll get enough mileage out of the Guardian's arc node to make it worthwhile, so I'd think both are replaceable with a Reckoner. I'm looking (I'm working on a similar list) to stock three heavies and but a second unit on the table to hold Ignite. Or just take two Sunbursts.

But in any case, I don't think Malekus wants less than three ranged heavies.

Because it allows them to sell you books to un-nerf the models they changed.

Fair points. Guardian's largely for the fringe Scourge opportunities.

Also another one hidden amounts the threads. It was a menoth one with like"

Gain a Free Small Sized Solo or the cleanser UA.

Warjacks gain Girded

1 Unit of Daughters of flame get ambush.

Considering we already know about that other things grant CRA, and out of faction units its pretty crazy.

A theme force is not just some environment manipulation. Its boosts to units/ Warjacks that change how they operate completely.

And like, some free points as well.

Thoughts on Cyclone marshalled to Gun Mages with new JM rules?

Eh. Its functional but feels kinda gimmicky.

Yeah, I just think it's kinda wasted without a Redeemer in tow, and I don't really see the points for that and everything else Malekus wants to do.

But I really see Malekus as a gunline caster throwing a lot of fire downfield with Cleansers to minifeat early against infantry and then jam until the feat turn kills a couple of heavies.

I am *really* looking forward to running Malekus with the Revelator. Pic related is what I plan to eventually do with him.

Does anyone feel like uploading the thorn gun mages stats for a poorfag?

Pretty interesting build, though depending on enemy list I'm not sure how well it can jam. Little infantry and a handful of heavies, and I'm not sure you can outlast them.

Remains to be seen, of course, but before all of the sprays from the cleansers, it puts out 7 4" AoEs per turn, and then under feat can melt a gargossal at range. It's going to feat on turn 2 most of the time and have to do some serious work on feat turn, but I like the odds. Now to just get an actual release date on the Revelator.

Do we have official (not from spoiler) cards
already?

Yes, War Room 2 is out and cards are available. The spoilers were right.

War Room 2 went live with the new cards last night

I should also mention explicitly that if you're staring across the table at a lot of fire immunity, you drop your other list, and that's my only plan for such a situation.

Haha, naturally. Idly, any Durst or Sevy plans?

Anyone got the pic of kallus2? I know I saw it here, forgot to save it.

>there's someone on the PP forums that seriously thinks the Sea King is a minion Gargantuan

Is it possible to make a competitive army without women in it?

I can't stand this fantasy bullshit of women being equal to men.

Dude, there have been dozens of people claiming that since the first peak of it came out.

My sister bought me this elephant right before she died. It's very sentimental to me and I want to use it in warmachine. Would it be tournament legal to use this as ECaine?

Skorne. Avoid Makeda, Extoller Soulwards, and... the two paingiver solos.

I kinda like the burry ass picture and I may want to start playing this game

I haven't really looked at Durst in Mk3 (and never found him that interesting in Mk2 -- with the caveat that "interesting" and "good" are different ideas), but have been toying with running pSevvy kinda Crusader-spammy with the idea that he can run infantry pretty well, and give the Crusaders time to get up the board to do work.

I'm really attracted to running multiple Crusaders with casters that like infantry to do their normal infantry stuff and have a battlegroup that hits hard and still has enough boxes to be non-trivial to remove.

Have you never gone to a tournament? Half the people who play this game are fucking autistic, a third of them are just mentally retarded, and a small handful aren't human filth.

How the fuck does traditional gaming have the community that it does? Half the people are retarded, half are non-functional geniuses and then there's some blue haired cunt painting Space marines in the corner with her beta orbiters. The demographics are nuts.

Other people like video gamers stay inside mostly so you never see just how bad they are.

I don't know man, but I'm really worried that if I keep playing tabletop games I'm going to wind up getting fat due to reduced social pressure.

The opposite can happen when you see the man slugs and go "NOPE!" so diet and exercise more.

Its unreliable, she does nothing to fix the D3 issue

We only have ranged colossals

Most of the guys I play with are engineers at the local Boeing factory. Besides their grandchildren there are no children at all since 40k died a week or two after AOS hit. In fairness the store owner almost went bankrupt from that but it's rebounded.

That's just the wargamers though, the average age of the MTG events is -5.

Wrong faction m8. If you want to do a conversion for xerxis 2 we can talk.

I recently got the new War Room app- any other Cephalyx players having a hard time making army lists? The loss of any models below 3 points is rather frustrating.

I've played in metas full of software engineers and lawyers, metas full of manslug autists, and metas where I was afraid to drink the water because so many people were missing teeth.
This country is fucking weird, and the demographic just seems to be "dude, slightly a-social".

seek ye the Mercenaries to find forsooth thyne three points ye need for completion of thyne list and soul

stop playing meme armies

Correct me if I am wrong- if I do not choose to use the 'Operating Theatre' theme list, I can take ANY mercenary models I want (not counting warjacks and such), yes?

>Hutchuck Rust Bomb
>Wrastler Rage
>Calaban Parasite
>8 damage swing on any warjack
God bless da voodoo

I think you can take any you want as long as you have a dominator with them

Non-Cephalyx units with Cephalyx Dominator
command attachments

I guess? For my skorne, i just open War Room and pick the units they list.
>Not good at this game
>me
Pick two

oh wait units, nevermind

>38" cast range on spells
Check.
>List destroys any faction not immune to fire
Check.
>Models that are hilarious with Black Spot
Check.

It's got it all.

I just re-read the cephalyx rules in the core book. The selective rule means that the Operating Theatre theme list is obligatory. Somewhat disappointing, but free overlords and hyper aggressive monstrosities don't come without a price.

>skorne
into the trash it goes

>I'll shuffle my Sentry around your model so he has LOS of your caster and get some attacks in
>Now I'll activate Hexeris ;^)

That's why it was included in the core rules, its the only way to take Cephalyx.

Monstrocities look fun to play. Just a few acupuncture strikes and your at 3 focus.

With Hyper aggressive ranged shooting then just makes them stronger and faster.

Protectorate Army - 75 / 75 (+32) points

(High Reclaimer 1) The High Reclaimer [+32]
- Vigilant [9]
- Guardian [15]
- Guardian [15]
- Templar [15]
Knights Exemplar [9]
- Knights Exemplar Officer [3]
Knights Exemplar [9]
- Knights Exemplar Officer [3]
Choir of Menoth (min) [4]
Temple Flameguard (max) [11]
- Temple Flameguard Officer & Standard [4]
Wrack [1]
Wrack [1]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Vassal Mechanik [1]
Vassal Mechanik [1]

Feel like this could be tightened up.

Hey guys i heard you were worried about Kara Sloan, so i errata'd her to have an even better feat!

at least she can't use that trash 9 hunter list now am i right?

Get a fucking haircut Soles, you look like a troll doll fucking a blender.

I honestly have no clue who play-tests Cygnar at PP, but they very obviously have the same caliber of players for MKIII that Cryx did for MKII.

The nerf bat swings wildly and MISSED SO MUCH.

Whats the new feat?

How do I deal with Centurions in Mk3? PP nerfed all my armor cracking and I can't charge them. Guns don't do enough damage and they still have arcane shield they can just hand out

Free guided fire, battlegroup gets 1 free ranged attack during activation. So second attack is boostable now since its during activation, and sloan now has more focus to hand out, since guided fire is free cast during feat.

Yep, say goodbye to Mk 1 eLylyth shooting into your deployment, and hello to Mk 2 eLylyth erasing all your stuff turn 2/3.

What Minion solos are worth a damn now? I'm looking at Croc doc and just not seeing anything of value. Everything has tough so why do I want a tough giver?

And yet they couldn't make gaspy2 playable. I almost prefer GW's blatant lack of caring

Would Gaspy2 be good enough to be played if his clouds weren't an upkeep anymore? Or would that and Hellbound have to swap upkeep status?

and you thought it could possibly just be the hair

I think that was a twitter joke.

unless its nemo3, you can always tk it to face the other direction if you're a faction with access to TK.

if its nemo3, god help you, you have bigger problems

so i'm in a bind, i'm sick of being shit on as skorne, but i can't decide which other faction to play as i don't even know what they do for the most part (i played in a really small meta and only saw a handful of legion and khador with the very rare ret player)

How do i trial new factions properly? it seems like it'd be super time consuming and expensive to go through and playtest each and every caster a few times...

just use the spoiled cards and proxy for what ever you want.

I got to say, I really hate the changes to animi.

Its the feat being d6+3 i.e between 4-9 modles brought back. Either make it d3+6 or you know, dont change it at all.

Hellbound no longer being an upkeep is a sidegrade that I'm totally fine with.

Clouds are not always reliable, the feat is sometimes the only thing you have

Also speed6. Seriously, why change that?

Did they do more than just tone them down across the board?

predominantly "self" now

The Troll's elemental lights suffered the worse. They barely had a purpose, and now its even worse.

MK3 CARDS WHERE

Anyone got the card for Inflictor? I don't have access to war room

The worst part is that you know the animi are part of what makes Warbeasts expensive. There are a bunch of Warbeasts I'd gladly trade their animi away for point reductions.

I hate Counterblast on most stuff in legion. I hate self Spiny Growth.

Still assblasted it wasnt for sale at lock n load

My bad the pic didnt upload

Any kind soul with War Room care to share Helios cards?

Its why they are expensive and why locks tend to have less spells. But with most going 'self', it cuts heavily into the support locks bring.

Animus variety decreased in most factions.

HA! Critical poison! My least favorite effect to see on a warbeast/jack.

Here, have a random effect that only works on less than half the heavies in the game.

Imo, it doesn't matter. In Cryx spd 6, arm 19 'jack with Reach and Shield Guard is already good enough. "Critical X" effects just too random anyway.

Whatever, its the best non character heavy in the faction. I plan on runing 3-5 with venethrax and possibly 2 with most other casters

Anybody have experience with thewarstore.com?

is it a reliable place to buy shit from??

Yes. They're very solid and have been consistently good to my local group.

Apparently, according to Prime, Thorn Gun Mages do indeed have Both Barrels. Them not having it is probably a War Room error, one among many.

>according to Prime, Thorn Gun Mages do indeed have Both Barrels
Are you talking about free rules? Because there are no cards in them

I think they were selling Prime at Lock and Load, along with the starter boxes.

They sold Prime at L&L.

What do we think the best casters for juggernaut/crusader spam are? Butcher 1 and Amon?

What is conflux good for?
Orion?

Saw mention of Cult of the Despoilers on the forums in regards to new faction so looked this up in the Urban Adventures book. Sounds plausible, also interesting is what's right below it.

Thoughts?

I mostly want to make a 'fluffy' list with a ton of Doomreavers/Greys that hopefully won't be awful.

My other idea with the list is to switch the Grolar for a block of Assassins+Underboss but I really have no idea what I'm doing.
Don't really care about theme list much as it's just models I like.