What personality do you give to a succubus/incubus so she/he is an interesting character, and not just fap/schlick bait?

What personality do you give to a succubus/incubus so she/he is an interesting character, and not just fap/schlick bait?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lust
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you have to ask this, it's too late.

huge tits

I fail to mention it's an incubus or succubus and focus more of the demon's description on the sheer amount of magical energy it has at it's disposal.

The demon is on a mission to spawn a demon baby, and in fact has a strong maternal/parental interest. They are selective in who they mate with, and they have an eccentric set or criteria with which they evaluate who would produce the best demon baby.

This.

You're asking us to take a literal SEX DEMON, the anthropomorphic personification of lust, the physical manifestation of the collective impure thoughts and desires of mortal beings...and somehow make it non-sexualized.

PROTIP: If you don't want sex to be a major theme or motif of your campaign, don't include succubi at all. There are plenty of other types of demons if you just want a demonic villain. I don't understand why we have this thread nearly every goddamn day when this should be common sense knowledge. Don't want sex in your campaign? Then don't put a LITERAL SEX DEMON in your campaign either.

I run them as subtle manipulators. The last time I put one in my game the party didn't even realize it was one until after the warrior almost killed the cleric and the sorcerer had part of his soul eaten.

>it's a being whose entire existence is devoted to sex
>how do I make it non sexual?

You don't. The best you can do is introduce other elements, like making them manipulative in other ways. Maybe they have ambitions beyond sucking and fucking, maybe they masquerade as a mortal and weasel their way to power through intrigue and flattery.

But in the end they're still sex demons. If you don't want magical realm don't introduce succubi.

Straight forward about what they want and how they get it.

Make them psychic vampires instead of succubi. They don't drain your life force through sex, they drain it when you give them attention and love. The more attention you give them the further they draw you in, and eventually you become their thrall. It's similar to a succubus but not necessarily sex-related.

One of my major characters is an Incubus who is a complete, massive ham.

He hid himself in the human world at first as a stage magician, who incorporated real magic into his acts.

Later he became a classic rock musician who styled himself off of Elvis as he reconnected to his traces of divinity.

But at the end of the day, he still tended to enter EVERY situation hard, loud, showy, and flashy.

which hid that he was actually pretty damn clever, and despite being squishy as hell compared to every supernatural entity in the verse, he had tricks like basically The Dead Ringer up his sleeve.

As in the TF2 Spy Dead Ringer watch?

They are sex demons. Their only purpose is to do sex. They are not interesting, hence their only purpose is to do sex. If you want interesting demons, don't include the sex one.

>You're asking us to take a literal SEX DEMON,

But, it's not LITERALLY a sex demon. In fact, modern mainstream roleplaying/video games have gone quite far into scrubbing away a fair amount of the explicit sex, to the point where D&D succubi barely need more than a hug and a kiss while video game succubi are often just pretty warriors.

If anything, they're more lust demons than sex, and it's a common mistake to assume that lust refers to sexual desire. Lust is actually any extremely strong, passionate desire that overrides reason, which includes concepts like bloodlust (the desire for battle).

One often-cited example of a Lust-but-not-sexual succubus is Fall-from-grace, who instead focuses on the lust for knowledge.

She was so nice, she didn't deserve to get raped that hard

yep. So people would shoot him in the head and watch his head explode, and then realize later he was still alive and well, and some semi-random distance away.

Make it a lore thing. A succubus/incubus, in order to attain true power, must find a completely wiling mortal that will take on their abilities. Otherwise, they will die after a certain timespan. The strongest succubi/incubi all have the combined memories of dozens of mortals and the experiences and abilities that come with that.

Make it to where the succubus/incubus is not out on a quest for hunger, but they must find someone willing to make a contract. They might even hire the party to assist them.

>One often-cited example of a Lust-but-not-sexual succubus is Fall-from-grace, who instead focuses on the lust for knowledge.
So she sneaks into scholar's bedrooms while they're sleeping and reads shit like Stephan Hawking to them instead of riding their dick?

Fuck me, this is why you change the goddamn name of things when you make a variant. This shit is just retarded.

She operates a library and tempts scholars with promises of knowledge rather than sexual pleasure.

Think of it this way. Imagine the dedicated scholar, near the end of his aged life, without a drop of sexual desire left in his loins, and no great vices besides an obsession with his studies. Writhing flesh holds no attraction to him, but the promise of some forbidden lore might be all it takes to tempt him into a passionate and rash decision and to claim his soul.

Ideas evolve, why are you against evolution?

What you're talking about isn't an "idea evolving". Glory be, you're a retarded little self-righteous douchebag, aren't you.

See, what you're doing is like taking the word "pitbull" and then insisting that weiner dogs are now "pitbulls" because you're too dumb to realize that there's already a name for them and want to insist on using the name of something else because it's soooo cool and you want to be a special snowflake version of that.

Which isn't the domain of a succubus. There are plenty of kinds of demons out there who specialize in exactly this sort of thing.

I mean with your whole "lust not just meaning sexual lust deal" you're literally removing everything that makes a succubus/incubus stand out. You can twist literally any desire or goal into being a "lust" for some little hyperspecial *cubus to go feed on making the entire idea retarded.

Methinks that you've got a lot of unnecessary hostility, and it's largely misplaced.

You have a set idea about something. That's fine for you, but other people are free to reimagine and to remix ideas. A knowledge-based succubus is a variant succubus, but still a succubus, and hardly as bizarre as you're hoping to pretend it is.

Everyone always talk about Fall-from-grace in succubi thread. You all fail to realize, that Fall-from-grace is a shitty character. She's bad at everything she does, including at being a fucking succubus.
Succubi are not interesting. If yo uwant to play as one because, go ahead, play as one. But they are still shit, no matter the special type of snowflake that you inject on them. Specially the worst one: "Yes, I am a succubus, but I'm not like the other succubus! I'm different!"
It's dumb, and not even original.

She's a redeemed paladin.

Just play it straight.

The succubus is just a lewd demon girl who wants nothing more than to tempt men into sin/damnation and receive the D. She isn't tormented by feelings of guilt, she isn't pining for a lost love, and she certainly isn't interested in being redeemed.

The players would never see it coming.

>you're literally removing everything that makes a succubus/incubus stand out

Not really. What makes a succubus stand out is her attractiveness (with most demons being ugly), followed by their ability to understand and control human passions. They are by far the most human of all the demons, or rather, the most like mortals, which is highlighted by their roles as infiltrating agents that must disguise and act as mortals.

>You can twist literally any desire or goal into being a "lust" for some little hyperspecial *cubus to go feed on making the entire idea retarded.

What makes it retarded? Succubi that explored different forms of lust doesn't seem all that strange to me. I wouldn't be particularly surprised if their were succubi that specialized in particular types of sexual lust, so I don't really see why succubi that tried expanding their focus rather than narrowing it should be so strange.

>A knowledge-based succubus is a variant succubus,

No, it's not, the entire point of the succubus is the sex

Succubi aren't about a general concept of "lust", but explicitly carnal desire.

[citation needed]

>succubus
>interesting

no it's like calling both a pitbull and a weiner dog "dogs" even though they are different, you're too fucking retarded to understand that though

"A succubus is a demon in female form or supernatural entity in folklore (traced back to medieval legend) that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. The male counterpart is the incubus. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or even death.

In modern representations, a succubus may or may not appear in dreams and is often depicted as a highly attractive seductress or enchantress; whereas, in the past, succubi were generally depicted as frightening and demonic."
There's your citation. It took me 0.23 seconds on google.

Make them not want to have sex but realize that they must do it to live.

No, calling a pitbull a dog is akin to calling a succubus a demon. Which is itself valid, but not what you were talking about.

The point of the succubus is seduction, not necessarily sex.

There's actually a 12th century story about a succubus named Meridiana that helped Pope Sylvester II achieve his rank in the church. I doubt she had sex with him so hard that he became Pope, though I'll admit I'd be interested in seeing that feat if it was possible.

I like succubi as much as the next guy, but I disagree.

A variant succubus would be one that behaves like a ghost, possessing random women to collect men's life energy that way. Or one that uses magic to make other women super-hot, thus inspiring more lust in the community as a whole. Or one that's ethereal and simply visits men in their dreams. Or one that doesn't actually have sex with men, and simply traps them in an illusory prison where they experience their fantasies while she feeds off of the emotion.

There are so many different ways you can set this up.

A succubus at it's core involves stealing the essence of men, and dealing with sex in general. Trying to twist it as a keeper of forbidden knowledge is like calling an Elf a Dragon. Yeah, they both live a long time, have keen senses, and are known for being magical, but there comes a point where you're just making up something new and calling it something that exists, rather than altering it in a way that it resembles the original, but has it's own spin.

>somehow make it non-sexualized
He never said that. He said, and I quote:
>an interesting character, and not just fap/schlick bait?

Take particular note of the words "not just". While you're at it, learn to fucking read.

Medieval era succubi/incubi weren't even necessarily sexy. They were demons who fucked people usually while they slept, too either steal their seed or inject others' seed into them.
It was literally "no I swear I've been faithful. A demon did it!" Plus a handy explanation for wet dreams.

Lustful seductresses are a relatively new thing, made to appeal to horny teenagers.

>I don't understand why we have this thread nearly every goddamn day when this should be common sense knowledge.

We have a pretty virulent strain of shitposter that just likes to post lewd animu pictures and try to keep it "Veeky Forums related" by putting something in about succubi, rogues, adventuring parties, etc.

Having a conversation was never their intention. They just like shitting up Veeky Forums

>the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity
Are you illiterate?
Seduction is not synonymous with sex, and the rejoinder ("usually") in the passage you linked is in line with this sentiment.

[citation needed] for definitive statements like what you wish to explore; "explicitly" was your word of you choice (assuming you're 1/2 of user)

>misplaced
Nah, you're exactly the kind of person who is killing culture and communication because you don't realize that while ideas and terminology are plastic, they can only stretch so far before meaning is lost.

>You have a set idea about something.
I'm far from the only person who has this particular idea.
>but other people are free to reimagine and to remix ideas
Let's take a cow, make it taller, faster, thinner, and can run faster. You're wrong if you claim it is no longer a cow!

Sex is literally a defining characteristic of a succubus -- the name is Latin slang for mistress and means "to lie under". Remix and reimagine all you want, but you're a retarded tool if you think that you can completely change the conceit and providence of something and have people follow along. In this case, it's akin to changing the time signature of some Viennese Waltz to 4/4.
> A knowledge-based succubus is a variant succubus, but still a succubus,
Except it's plainly not.
>and hardly as bizarre as you're hoping to pretend it is.
I never even began to intimate it's bizarre. I have outright stated its the same sort of reasoning failure that you see in young children who learn the word dog then proceed to call everything with four legs and is brown a dog.

Names and words matter. Yeah, twist ideas around and try out new ones, but entirely ignoring what came before is self-centered ignorance at best.

no that would be even higher up, calling a succubus a demon would be equivalent to calling a dog a canid, that user is just medically diagnosably autistic (not meme autistic) about having his fantasy creatures be exactly as he catergorizes them

>Seduction is not synonymous with sex, and the rejoinder ("usually") in the passage you linked is in line with this sentiment.
Oh fuck off, seduction in reference to a succubus IS ABOUT THE SEX. It's not seducing a man with blasphemous ideas, it's fucking sex. Any lust that's inspired is of the "stick your penis in something" variety, not your purple prose for being desirous of something.

>A succubus at it's core involves stealing the essence of men, and dealing with sex in general.

That's really only one type of succubus though. The succubus myth is actually quite broad, with many variations, especially if we were to include modern day interpretations.

At it's core, a succubus is demonic, female, and concerned with seduction/lust. Those are the main traits that seem to be essential, with the other trappings being often consequential but not ultimately necessary, including both the dream visits and sex in general.

I also want to remind everyone that succubi are not the only demons that have sex, though it tends to be violent rape in the case of most.

To be fair, the second portion shows that the idea is mutable.

>The succubus myth is actually quite broad, with many variations, especially if we were to include modern day interpretations.
No it's not "quite broad". It's actually a pretty damn specific to Judeo-Christian apocrypha...and note that you can't find any sources backing up your expanding of "lust" or use of "seduce" in a nonsexual manner. Dear fuck, do they not teach you kids about precision of language any longer?

>I want to remind
Why the fuck would you bring up other demons that have sex? Good for them. They're getting more than I am right now. Whether or not they do has exactly nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Of course it is mutable. This shit don't exist.

B-B-BUT DREAM SUCCUBI ARE SPECIAL SNOWFLAKES I DON'T LIKE GARBLE GARBLE

A cold-blooded, vicious villain

How did I imply that it was?

the autistic user insists ideas and definitions can't change and have to fit into the narrow boxes he carves for them though

>Nah, you're exactly the kind of person who is killing culture and communication because you don't realize that while ideas and terminology are plastic, they can only stretch so far before meaning is lost.

Actually, I'm a person who's done some research on the topic. You must be the other guy.

You also should be aware that the latin name is rather late to the Succubus myth, which predates the language by stretching all the way back to Babylon with Lilitu. Later scholars would refer to the hebrew Lilith and her children as succubi, but they existed long before the actual term was applied to them.

Overall, you'd be right to say that succubi and sex are closely linked, but you are definitely wrong in saying it is a "defining characteristic", because there are stories of succubi that don't involve sex, such as in the case of Meridiana.

The autistic user is autistic. Tell him that all succubi are nonsense and even if he claim to have seen them, he actually did not.

>and note that you can't find any sources backing up your expanding of "lust" or use of "seduce" in a nonsexual manner.

As they say in common parlance, eat a dick.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lust

Jesus fucking christ, you done extensive research in succubi? What are you? A fucking wizard?

AD&D 2e's Planescape and 3.5's planar lore contained a few interesting succubi.

Chiryn, from 2e's "Well of Worlds" adventure anthology, is a succubus who is genuinely in love with a cornugon and exchanges love letters with him. This is looked upon so harshly by both the baatezu and the tanar'ri that they send elite strike teams to intercept the letters, up to and including a balor and a pair of molydei for the tanar'ri side. She is also organized enough to have an office full of bookkeeping documents, unusual for a demon.

Nari, from 2e's "Harbinger House" adventure, is a succubus ambitious enough to try to create a god (not herself, another person) within Sigil and reap the ensuing power and influence for herself.

Red Shroud, a succubus with many mentions in various 2e and 3.X products, is a succubus who has leveraged her massive Charisma into the leadership skills necessary to rule over a town. It is not just any town, however, but Broken Reach, one of the most hospitable (even to visitors) settlements in all of the Abyss. As a member of the Fated faction, she has political connections in Sigil and in Ysgard, as as succubus sorcerer 11/fatespinner 4, she is no magical slouch at CR 19.

Xinivrae, from Paizo's quasi-official Dragon and Dungeon Magazines, is one of the three succubus lords who had competed with Malcanthet for the title of Queen of the Succubi. What makes Xinivrae special is that she specializes in lesbian seduction, and also that she is currently imprisoned in Abyssal layer #230, the Dreaming Gulf. That layer is the home of the bodiless demonic race known as the loumaras, born from the corpse-dreams of a dead pantheon. The loumaras are a growing force in the Abyss, but they have suffered a major setback: their first and only lord, Sifkhu, has been kidnapped by Malcanthet. Might the loumaras seek the aid of the prisoner who has lived alongside them for ages, Xinivrae? In turn, might Xinivrae call out to adventurers to strike out against Malcanthet?

A flaw, and nymphomania doesn't count.

I regret of being a fallen angel, wishing she could setting down; something.

One of the few cases in which throwing "fucking" into a sentence adds meaning and not just tone.

>One often-cited example of a Lust-but-not-sexual succubus is Fall-from-grace, who instead focuses on the lust for knowledge.
Grace is a "fallen" demon. She's not really concerned with the normal purpose of a Succubus any more.

She's a good example of a non-evil demon character, but a bad example of a succubus with an interesting personality because 99% of that personality involves actively denying her nature as a succubus.

>derp, I get called out for my bullshit claim that a succubus can subsist on the fact that I really, I mean really like Taco Bell's Mild sauce, so the user is autistic
>I did research, no way you could have
>rather late
More that the Witches Hammer is what defined succubi for us. What was around before was rolled into 15th century mythology and given a twist. The daughters of Lilith were a similar idea that was adapted, and here's the thing NAMED. Amusingly around this same time, there were a host of other creatures also NAMED who covered different vices. Marbas, for example, did his thing with diseases, wisdom, and knowledge!
>my exception that proves the rule can't possibly be an exception!

>because I was referring to common usage and not specific usage when speaking about succubi
I guess I shan't take that you can follow the context of a conversation for granted any longer.

Why do you even want to make a succubus/incubus that is not just fap/schlick bait? It is a lot of trouble for nothing. "She's a succubus, but not that SUCCUBUS"? That's silly. Your character coudl be anything, despite the fact that it is a succubus, but it's too much information for so little benefit. Is this an NPC or a PC?

Where is this gif from?

>She's not really concerned with the normal purpose of a Succubus any more.

She is in a distant fashion, considering she is the founder and proprietor of the Brothel for Slaking Intellectual Lusts.

I actually think the concept of a succubus discovering genuine love and romance is adorable, especially if it encourages her to either be Redeemed, or figure out a way to keep herself from hurting her lover.

>appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity

>USUALLY through sexual activity

This would imply that it isn't always sexual activity, though that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't something lewd, or that it might expand into a broader idea of lust or seduction.

Since they take the form of a woman and only seduce men though, that likely has something to do with it.

Again, expanding upon things is fine, but you're basically saying that to make a succubus interesting, you have to make it a sexy librarian, but make her chaste and have her give out evil books. At that point, why is she still a sexy woman? Why is she still called a succubus? Why is Greed a separate sin from Lust if Lust just refers to wanting things badly?

You might as well call Pit Fiends succubi, and say that they're a representation of Bloodlust.

Go read the manga, Demi-chan wa Kataritai. There aren't a lot of chapters translated, so there's not much to get through, but one of the characters is a succubus. It's an interesting and mature take on the idea, 'though, obviously, she's not a demon in the fantasy sense.

>More that the Witches Hammer is what defined succubi for us

Do you even realize how late that is? The term succubus was in use at least four centuries before Malleus Maleficarum was put into print, and you really have an extremely high opinion of how authoritative that book is. It provided a definition a succubi, but one that contradicted many earlier myths and stories and would later be contradicted by further ones. It is, after all, a book that was almost immediately condemned by the Catholic church and is hardly as influential as you might have imagined it to be.

kek
Good eye, bro

The Brothel isn't really a place of seduction or lust, even looked at from the perspective of "lust for knowledge". It's very orderly and tame.

These people do not actually make anything but bait threads.

Retard, it's pretty clear you're furiously googling and copy+pasting shit, so yes, the term "succubus" was in use well before the Witches Hammer but, and this is a HUGE thing: it referred to a mistress/paramour. Witch's Hammer is what applied that name to the daughters of Lilith.

>Why is Greed a separate sin from Lust if Lust just refers to wanting things badly?

Well, greed is actually another particular type of desire, which is excessive desire for things beyond your needs (outside of food and drink, which falls into gluttony). It can be completely cold and rational, and typically involves long term planning. Lust is more immediate, passionate, emotional desire, which is why it's less heavily punished in Dante's Inferno.

It's one of those things where it's a lot easier to explain lust and greed as the desires for sex and money, but that's not quite accurate.

I do hope you're joking at this point.

The Witch's Hammer is hardly what you imagine it to be, and succubus was used in reference to female demons as early as the 1100's, though likely earlier. More importantly, the term "succubus" is hardly as important as you consider it to be compared to the concept it is attached to that predates it.

You seem like a generally ill-tempered person with a bad attitude, so let me just tell you that in this particular topic, you are really out of your element, and you might want to sit down and learn a few things before spouting out your opinionated but highly incorrect ideas.

Play up their predatory nature. They aren't just sexy people who want to fuck, they're creatures that either devour people to survive or rape and impregnate them to propagate. You want a Succubus who isn't fapbait? Look at Alien.

>using common meanings instead of ecclesiastical meanings
It's like you're not even trying to make sense. You're making the same logical error as
1) Nothing is better than God.
2) A potato is better than nothing.
3) Therefore, a potato is God.

Greed is desire of money.
Lust is sexual desire.

That's literally why these two words for two different kinds of desire exist.

Another example of an interesting "succubus" in AD&D 2e Planescape can be found in pages 26-27 of Planes of Conflict: Liber Benevolentiae.

In the plane of the Beastlands, in its eternally moonlit layer of Karasuthra, in the region known as the "Labyrinth of Fiery Doom," there live a rogue erinyes baatezu (devil) and a similarly rogue agathinon aasimon (angel).

They are currently expecting their first child.

The book points out the poetic beauty of this:
>A berk may ask how two such antithetical being could be in love. Well, it's really just a simple matter of their respective natures. Both've fulfilled their purpose, and both did their jobs admirably. Nalura seduced a paragon of purity, and Janarr turned a baatezu's lustful nature to true love.

An erinyes is not quite a succubus, but in AD&D 2e, they are close enough.

>This would imply that it isn't always sexual activity,

Yes, very much so.

>though that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't something lewd,

Yet, more importantly, that doesn't necessarily mean it IS something lewd. The key thing to keep in mind is that this isn't hypothetical. There are stories involving succubi that are non-sexual in nature, with examples that are centuries old as well as countless modern ones.

Alright. Name some.

I can't really give you a solid way to make one of these an interesting character. Although, I suppose you can start by assigning personality first, race second.

You can also 'interpret' what being a succubus or an incubus means. In a campaign I ran, I decided to make succubi the 'feminine' element and incubi the 'masculine' element. Not neccesarily in a sexual way either.
I had a succubus diplomat, who used every trick in the book to get her way. She could be motherly, bitchy, flirtarious or whatever, as long as it got what her employers wanted. Basically, she was playing social 'chess'. I remember one player joking that he felt fucked enough after talking to her to not try and hit on her.
As for an incubus, there was one, who cared for his mind and body in the way ancient greeks were supposed to. Also, just for fun, I gave him blonde hair and blue eyes and made sure to describe he has them.

Literally cannot find a single source that claims usage to refer to the demon prior to Witches Hammer.

>out of your element
It's cute how you keep making claims like this to deflect from just how terribly wrong you are.

She's going to use the Meridiana story that she mentioned earlier (while stating she didn't know the story) while leaving out she doesn't know the story and is just claiming there was no sex involved.

Yall need to get classical. Succubi are literal semen demons. As their primary goal was to get semen from mortals, so that other demons could use it to impregnate mortal women.

They're quite literally walking sperm banks. If you wanna give them a personality, give them the personality of a woman who wants kids for herself, but her her oven was replaced with a refrigerator.

>Yet, more importantly, that doesn't necessarily mean it IS something lewd.

But, if it isn't something lewd, why do they always appear as women and seduce men?

Oh no, lust means so much more than just sexual stuff!

Well tempting men to commit adultery with them, and commit lust based sins is what gives them their bonus pay.

They're there to get the baby juice, but if they damn a soul or two that means they get upgraded to the platinum meal card at the commissary.

is Veeky Forums the most sincerely autistic board?

What you are doing is making the mistake of thinking that language is static.

We are literally talking about words and ideas that have spanned centuries, with the modern ecclesiastic meaning having developed over time from broader greek and latin roots.

In this case, we are discussing principally Luxuria (lust, which included sexual lust but also drunkeness and other excesses), which is separate from Avaritia (greed, concerned with wealth, power, and status).

Can't you see though, they can help build a lust for knowledge and that's just as good!
And lust for petting puppies!
And lust for being kind!

How many times do we have to do this?

Yes, lust, as a general word in the English language, can mean a lust for a variety of things.

No, that doesn't mean the Sin of Lust (which Succubi are concerned with) can refer to anything.

There's a reason why the lust for money, the lust for food, and the lust for someone else's things are separate sins. Should Greed, Gluttony, and Envy not be sins, since they're just Lust? What about Wrath? Isn't that just a lust for pain? Why not Sloth as a lust for sleeping? Or Pride as a lust for power and fame?

Is Lust the only Deadly Sin now? Are succubi the most powerful demons because they function off of literally any excessive want? Is this the road you want to go down?

yes

not the most comically autistic, though

>is Veeky Forums the most sincerely autistic board?
As a whole, no. The average /a/non, ponyfag, or robot is way more autistic.

Veeky Forums does attract the most autistic individual posters, though.

yes, you can get the lust of that and what not.

But Damn it, the Incubus is shooting blanks and The succubus has a storage compartment between her legs just for this sort of situation.

The forces of hell cannot create. They can only corrupt. By stealing the semen of mortal men, The succubi corrupt and convert it for demonic use to rape mortal women.

How else would chaste nuns suddenly turn up pregnant? The Lord certainly hasn't come upon them.

Lust is the only Deadly Sin now because modern technology, medicine, and methods put the others out of business, or at least controlled them.

I remember reading (I think it was in Daemonologie) of succubi being referred to as demons that steal semen from corpses or something, though I think in his case king James was saying he thought it was nonsense, but it showed some people believed it.

If you just make them freaky necrophiliacs that makes it a little less fap bait (unless you're into that) and more dark and monstrous.

Are you willing to include stories of Lilith and Lilim under the heading of succubi? There's several stories that don't involve sex or really anything lewd.

There's some actually involving them as protective spirits, but that's just good old fashioned myth weirdness.

Yup, you can't find a legitimate source for a fucking thing you're saying because it's not true.

>language is static
Nope, not one bit. Jargon; however, is generally pretty static and we're using a jargon term, but outside of that, if you really want to go down the route of dynamics in language, you still lose because all popular (emphasis on popular) usage still explicitly links succubi and sex.

You're trying to foist change, kinda like forcing a meme.

>In this case blah blah blah
Look, if you're going to bother using wikipedia for your information, only use the sourced shit. Lust in 7 Deadly Sins refers to sexual lust, period. Otherwise there's literally no need for the other six.

>There's some actually involving them as protective spirits, but that's just good old fashioned myth weirdness.
No those are only cited on fucking bullshit assed New Age Wiccan jerkoff sites.

>There's several

And yet you're having a really hard time pulling out a specific one.

Succubi are commonly seen as powerfully sexual temptresses who attempt to seduce men to evil using physical desire. This stereotype is so common that any variation can be memorable.

The cute, plucky barmaid from the countryside, seemingly attracted to the PC due to the romance of adventure, can also be a succubus. The darkly-handsome man who needs the female PC to do some questionable things to get justice for his family can be an incubus, tempting her to corruption and destruction. If you do this, people will be surprised, and they will remember.