>Greentext thread

>Greentext thread

Post any Veeky Forums related greentexts or post some new ones!

I love reading through them, finished Captain Drake just now. Pretty amazing.

Did you get to the part where the girl got Drake's skype and they were reunited?

Please don't fellate his ego any further, user.

What does he have to do with any of this?

Anyone have the Dark Heresy one with the orphans hired by the acolytes to get a revolutionary killed?

>I didn't read the greentext, the post

Also, if you're not dead have you and drake engaged in a completely platonic relationship yet?

I think these threads are a bit redundant at this point because new stories are so rare.
You basically just post the same ones over and over again, and people have already read them all so they don't bother looking.

True, I'm just posting because I haven't looked through my folder in a while, and I might as well post the "best" as I find them

:^)

Please no.

Hawk, last time Drake posted, he mentioned that you and he played an xcom tabletop (which you homebrewed)

You still have the rules for that? Care to post 'em?

I do. In fact, I'm currently working on adapting it for Shadowrun.
There aren't really 'rules', though, it's more like a framework of statistics and a range of macros to carry out prewritten interactions between them.
You'd never need to look at a document to see how the game works, for example, you just sort of press the macro buttons and everything is done for you.
I can share the system, but I wouldn't be able to do so in the form of written rules.

If you can post em in one format or another, go ahead.

Also
>prewritten
What do you mean by this? Who wrote the marcros in the first place?

>Who wrote the marcros in the first place?
Oh, I did. I just meant that they're not really accessible or dynamic in any way, and that the coding is never something players need to concern themselves with.

Anyway, the entire system basically functions on variations of this macro:
/em | @{selected|character_name} attacks @{target|character_name} for [[1d[[(@{Weapons|Assault Rifle Damage|max}-(@{Weapons|Assault Rifle Damage|min}-1))]] + (@{Weapons|Assault Rifle Damage|min}-1)]] damage with their @{Weapons|Assault Rifle Name}. Critical Hit?: [[{1d100}

Thanks a bunch! you just made my friend's day.
And the other mechanics are just lifted 1 for 1 from the game, right?

>And the other mechanics are just lifted 1 for 1 from the game, right?
Mhm. It can take some fiddling to get everything working, though. Every soldier and enemy unit needs all of the XCOM statistics in their character sheet - Aim, Will, Defense, Dodge, etc.

The Shadowrun adaptation I'm working on now is a bit more complex, where instead of using statistics like Aim, it uses GURPS-style attributes and does various mathematical things to derive stats like Aim from them.

>homebrewing, testing, and coding an entire RPG
I already knew that you moderated an entire freeform site; why does learning that you're also an amazing DM surprise me?

Flatterer. I'll stop posting now so the thread can get back on track, but the Discord invite stands if you have any other questions. Or Skype, I suppose.

I have no idea what this is, but I have it saved for some reason.

well shit you actually have one i haven't read

The phylactery transfers into the child of the girl when she gives birth to her own child.

WHAT NOW HERO?

Also lich's bodies turn to dust after they take too much damage

Train the girl as a celibate nun; prevent her from bearing children

Rip out her uterus.

Yoru still ignoring the fact that liches turn to dust after taking so much damage.

Yeah, but they don't heal naturally.
Leave them without spells at 1 HP bound in adamantian chains in an antimagic field.

>DEUS VULT
It's midnight and I'm laughing like a... shit, I woke up my cat

Anyone have the story about the urban fantasy party that have to fight a demon? All of them end up dying except one biomancer-type dude, and he goes full power and activates all his cella and muscles and shit and punts the demon's head of its shoulders?

The demon was summoned by sme giant pentagram made of streets and blood from some festival or parade.

Shit, I remember reading that. I know for a fact it's somewhere on suptg, no fucking idea where.

C-can I add you on skype, Hawk-sama?

Did this ever get any kind of an update?

This is great. Saved. Thanks for sharing

Er, sure. Post your Skype and I'll add you.
I'm scared to do it the other way around.

Your fear is legitimate.

Long, but worth the read.

>you will never have an adventure like Drake's, no matter how hard you try
Why even live

Is there a finisher to this?
Thanks for posting btw, this is a good collection

Does anyone have an all-inclusive cap of the Pirates of the Caribbean as an RPG thread? I've only ever seen it as a bunch of separate images.

Not as far as I know. I'll post a few more, since you're enjoying them. They're not all as long/good though.

It was Mage: The Awakening

I'm mad interested in the Shadowrun stuffs. Add me on skype: 95noodles
If that doesn't work try the same name for steam if you have it. [Spoiler] not sure if skype will work because my real username is pretty cringe from back in the day [/spoilers]

Why does everybody like Shadowrun, but nobody likes its system? I don't get it.

Morning all.

Theres so much I havent read in this thread, thanks for posting guys.

>Ctrl+F "Catan"
>0 results

The problem with Shadowrun is that it's a great setting inextricably intertwined with a shit system. Actions happen on three layers (physical, tech, mystical) which can only interact with each other in certain ways. Most actions require fistfuls of dice and a decent amount of math. It's like turbo-GURPS.

Aaand that's alll the good stuff.

what the fuck

what in the ever living fuck

Welcome to the Dark Side of Internet (aka Internet's True Face)

Fuck but a nice story so I forgive the author.

>Fuck
I meant to write fake but I guess my penis beat my brain.

... I don't get the problem.
I really really like Shadowrun's system, especially the dice pools. It reminds me of World Of Darkness, but not as rules lite.
As for the three layers, nobody ever uses the Astral stuff, and hacking has a whole bunch of interaction with the main world.

Does anyone have screencaps from the thread where some user relates Pirates of the Caribbean as if it was a RPG campaign?

Yeah, gimme a minute, I'm still working on an earlier request to see if I can't fire up photoshop and get them all into like 5 images instead of 20

>DEUS VULT as he cums
BWAAHAHAHAHAH

Okay, I am not the best photoshopper, but here's the whole thing in order. It's still huge, but I can't really think of a way to shorten it aside from setting up multiple columns, or throwing out some of the less-good ones.

That's the lot

thanks m8

Spend months finding out exactly how much damage that is, and how many limbs you can remove before it happens.

But user he's a demilich!

Because you are not Drake. You are user. You will have your own adventures, and Drake will never have one like them.

user, please, you're making me feel things!