"Eternal Masters is a 249 reprint set containing some of the most sought-after cards from throughout the history of...

>"Eternal Masters is a 249 reprint set containing some of the most sought-after cards from throughout the history of Magic"

your whining isn't going to make people not buy it
your whining isn't going to make wizards print jtms at common.

Your image does not contradict what you're quoting. It does contain some of the most sought-after cards.

>imply phantom monster doesn't wreck in limited

"Some"

>"you don't get to complain when a corporation uses weasel words instead of outright lies"
Sure thing, shill.

It's not like they'll ever print a set that is entirely good cards that are playable in most of the big formats. If they did, it would unbalance things.

>sell a set as eternal format accessibility
>build it around It's own limited format
>horrifically limit the print run

NO FUCKING SENSE
NOT
ONE
BIT

Name a set with a positive EV while it's still in print.

How does making the format accessible to everyone make it unbalanced?

I fucking love the Phantom Monster reprint. Shit hasn't been since 5th Edition because they've been making 3/3 Flyers in Blue at Common cost 5.

Also, my box paid for itself and drafting was fun as fuck.

>reprint iconic commons from early Magic like Phantom Monster, Prodigal Sorcerer and Giant Tortoise
>give them crappy generic art

I thought it captured the original art pretty well.

I admittedly wish the new Sorcerer kept his beret.

No it wouldn't it would be fantastic. Last time they did this was like Zendikar/Time Spiral blocks.

Why reprint when it costs 5x as much for 1 booster?

>Also, my box paid for itself and drafting was fun as fuck.
This was my experience as well, although it was a friend who bought the box.

It's kind of funny, though, because the box was actually terrible in terms of value outside of the foil Daze and the foil Mana Vault, but of course both of those together payed for the box by themselves at least so it was pretty neat.

Drafting was really fun, I'm usually pretty terrible at drafting but I managed to pull off a decent Jund deck after red went open for the first two packs and someone else took all the elf support.

>competed in a ema draft last night
>I draft b/w control cantrip fliers
>draft phantom monster
>absolutely wrecked until I ran into a reach death touch deck
>finish 2-1, beating b/r hand destruction and w/g enchantments
>phantom monster with thunderclap and that flier that gives 0/1 to all creatures with flying resulted in 10,000 tears
user, flying is stronk. Just because that common isn't playable outside of limited doesn't mean it's a bad.

Wow I typed b instead of u, stupid phone, ignore my retardation.

>by "designed for limited play", they meant "we don't want people to play much"

limited sells WotC boosters, the secondary market, less so, especially a non-rotating format like Legacy.

>How does making the format accessible to everyone make it unbalanced?

Tournaments would be full of shitters and scrubs who would call for a ban on Miracles.

LOL

Your quote still isn't relevant to the complaint you're trying to make.

What the fuck are you talking about?

That argument only applies between making a game free to play or charging for the game. Of course when the game is free it's going to attract useless poor people who don't have the ability or competency to pay for anything.

We're talking about making the cost of the game go from like $2000 per deck and wanting it to go down to any fucking number that feels more fair.

I would argue that the absurd pricing of cards only attracts the faggots who put monetary value before the health of the game.

If the goal is to prevent assholes from showing up then yes, the game shouldn't be free. But on the other side of the spectrum the game now is so fucking expensive that it attracts another segment of assholes. The price of the game needs to be dialed way fucking back.

Yeah T4 Phantom, swing in T5 and flash in Wyvern

>some
That's how they win.
>Oh my hair growth shampoo didn't work on you? Shame, you must be one of the 2%. What do you mean you didn't read the little letters in the commercial?

It's not like it's even possible, even the power cube has relatively shit cards.
What they should make sure are all powerful cards is selaed product not meant to be drafted like FTVs and Commander decks.

Only retards buy into this shit anyway, or scumbags who profit off of retards.

Never touched a non-standard set and likely never will.

>cherrypicking one card out of an entire limited run out of rage Wizards didn't just load your box full of value and give you literal free money out of a set made for draft

If $2000 doesn't feel fair to you, I don't want you at my Legacy GPs. Get a job.

To be honest, there is some validity in this line of thinking.

I've always argued in favour of lowering the cost of entry to enternal formats but I realise that one of the things that I enjoy about those formats is the mature player base.

If Legacy suddenly becomes accessible to all tomorrow I'll have to put with the same autistic edgy children who play Standard and Memedern.

>Eternal Masters is a 249 card reprint set containing the most valuable cards of all time in stunning holofoil but only when YOU open the packs!

It did bring Warden of Evos Isles to common for pauper.

That's one crazy wind drake.

How is that a bad thing? You need reprints from time to time, and not everyone has the money to buy that one card needed for one of the 5 decks that can do anything in torneys at the moment, which costs 300$

>how dare companies speak right in a way i don't understand

Really. The problem is that WotC doesn't god damn understand the definition of accessibility (or pretends it's retarded) when it comes to their own game. They say, repeatedly, that they want to make Modern or Legacy more accessible but still protect the market value of the sought-after cards. So that's why their set that's intended to make key cards like FoW and Wasteland cheaper is also sold as a limited print run at ludicrously inflated prices, and all the important cards are upshifted in rarity. So that they don't become cheaper.

YOU CAN'T DO BOTH YOU FUCKING IDIOTS. IT'S LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE. ONLY WAY TO MAKE THE GAME ACCESSIBLE IS TO *CRASH* THE SECOND-HAND MARKET.

God.

Who the fuck gives a fuck about Pauper? This isn't called Pauper Masters. Fuck Pauper and fuck anyone who plays it.

CHINESE FAKES
H
I
N
E
S
E

F
A
K
E
S