Ideas to screw over characters( D&D 5e)

I was entrusted by first timers to make their character sheets in d&d 5e. Give me your best.

Make them good characters and stop being an arsehole Jesus.

Make a racist old human. Veteran soldier.
Fighter or rogue, possibly paladin if you choose a humancentric god or go with oath of the crown.

Ok so here's my idea, lets assume they don't know what their characters get for languages. Give the wizard the ability to speak a language that no one but one other person speaks in the party, then make the other person a barbarian or similar low int character, Should make it interesting to have them convey plans, even better if the low int is serious about low int roleplay.

Okay, okay, before telling you to kill yourself, I'm going to need more info.

Are you running the game?
What system?
What type of game is it? (Low Fantasy, Whimsy, etc.)
Why were you chosen to make everyones' character?

Just make someone a ranger. Haha fucked!

how many players do you have? you should give each one their own specific hurdle to overcome
1 tiefling or dark elf that gets shit on by NPC's of any other race
one character that has a language barrier that prevents him from communicating well with the party, like suggested
one character has stats that don't help much. either fairly evenly low stats across the board or something like low dex and higher int on a fighter
give one a personality disorder or phobia that they have to work around, like a severe OCD or being afraid of spiders or heights
make one a werewolf
make one of them a warlock and have their patron demand outrageous things of them

While I approve of the other questions, please actually bother to read the OP - they've clearly stated D&D 5E already.

Check before you whip out the laundry list of questions!

I am GM, I am using 5e, this is a dark hi magic campaign with hopefully low player deaths, and I was chosen to make the characters because of timing problems.

And you intend to "screw them over" why?

Thanks mum. I'll proofread my homework next time

Sorry. I forgot the proper punctuation.

For the most part no, I am looking for character ideas that will make the game more... interesting.

Then maybe you should have titled the thread "Interesting character/party concepts" instead of "Ideas to screw over characters".

By "interesting" you mean "dickish" right? In which case fuck off

Give them non-optimal ability scores.

They're first timers. Let them have the fun of making their own characters. I'd recommend budgeting 2-3 hours of your first session to rolling up characters, explaining the basic rolls, that sort of thing. Then throw them directly into a combat with a handful of goblins, let them try out their neat new abilities and powers and stuff.

Making the game more "...interesting" is something you can think about for the 10th session or so. For the first session, make it utterly bog standard and totally comprehensible. Fight goblins, go to Generic Fantasy Town #457, get quest from Innkeeper to kill giant rats, spend new gold at the town smithy.

Making characters for them is an extremely effective way of reducing their investment in their characters, which reduces their investment in the game, which makes it much more likely that you'll come back here in 3 weeks whining that "nobody shows up to my games, everyone cancels at the last minute, why is everyone so flakey?" Let them make their own level one characters, and let them give them a test drive in a very simple, straightforward scenario.

>looking for constructive feedback when making a cohesive party of first time players
>titles thread, "Ideas to SCREW OVER characters"

Yeah, totally my fault for assuming...

My apologies, I have had quite a eventful day.

I have a bad habit of leaving out a lot of information, I have five 1 hour slots in which to get through a small prepared segment of a story, I was given a basic idea of what most of the players wanted, but becuae of time constraints I have no real session zero. I was looking for ideas that would make the characters more interesting to play, both evil and fair ideas, to make each character a little more memorable. I appologise my lack of supplementing information.
(Sorry if this has already been posted, phone is acting up)

Fuck up their ability scores and don't forget to prepare character sheets for an actually good system to play directly afterwards so that they don't get the idea that all RPGs are that bad.

Storytime?

D&D is kinda meant to be played in longer time increments.
I mean, a combat and some minimal story/social? That's 2 hours right there.
You may want to just play something other than D&D