Accidental Magical Girl CYOA: 1.5 NOW Edition

Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use. A majority of activity (including campaigns) instead happens in the IRC, which is open for newbies to join.
Characters can be rolled with either the CYOA's purple PDF which is intended as a writing prompt and is in the process of developing an independent auxiliary combat system, or AMGC's blue pdf which contains combat rules for PNP campaigns along with the rolls. The IRC mostly uses AMGC.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

1.5 CHANGELOG (Important if you intend to update a character that was created with the CYOA writing prompt in mind): pastebin.com/KZAyNZF2

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images (updated 02/26/16): mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

Character Archive:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/
Add your character here!

RPNP Stuff:
IRC Linkboard:
titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq
Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, updated often):
titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
In Character RP Pub: #TheWand&Circlet or #TheRedLine
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle or #MGPnP
IC Shenanigans: #Overcity
IC Cafe: #MGCafe
IC School: #MGSchool or #MGClass
rizon.net/chat

Early 2015 Old Thread OP Text: pastebin.com/usMM2EC7

Other urls found in this thread:

orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
dropbox.com/sh/hzcmi8mwy455ydm/AACCowTNhIZ_Nni1zXpQgpBma?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=vCOTWQexTjs
sleeplessdomain.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

See the changelog for the edits which came with the 1.5 update!

This PDF is for AMGC 1.12, used for PnP in the IRC.
>Features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more.

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

!! IMPORTANT !!
>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one convenient spot!
mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
dropbox.com/sh/hzcmi8mwy455ydm/AACCowTNhIZ_Nni1zXpQgpBma?dl=0

System updates related to CYOA 1.5 are in progress, but will NOT be including any of the mechanical effects of Origins at this time.

Said Add-Ons are also linked here for convenience.

Corruption, for all things monstergirl.

Fusion, because some magical girls feel that they're incomplete unless they have a chance to combine.

And lastly, the Puchuu Expansion, for people who don't want to work for Chinese bootleg Kyubey, but still have a magic animal that they likely take orders from and may or may not be on decent terms with.

How do you write school slice of life for magical girls?

Reminder that lewd is banned

Gonna be mostly out of the game until two days from now. Got an exam assignment I'll need to work on.
- mAce

Good luck!

Find some way to have them learn a lesson that ties into the monster of the week, or create a problem that is solved by a lesson they learned fighting the monster of the week.
The two should play off each other.

Club activities are disrupted by the villains

Rolled 10, 16, 1, 12, 12, 12, 20, 4, 11, 19, 1, 18 = 136 (12d20)

Rolled 4, 18, 11, 14, 10, 18, 3, 19, 13, 20, 7, 13 = 150 (12d20)

Degenerate scum

THEY MAY TAKE OUR TILDES, BUT THEY WILL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM

Death is a form of freedom I guess

>tfw your favorite mahous and mongs are permanently MIA

My favourite mahous keep dying or end up lesbians, and it is all a waste of mahou wife/mother material either way.

>Wasting precious poison gas on the lewders.
user just hit them with a rock or something.

Rolled 6, 2, 17, 9, 17, 6, 7, 17, 8, 11, 8, 7 = 115 (12d20)

Ah. What a nice jontron reference.

Anyway folks, I'd like to discuss here something I've been proposing in chat.

I've been doing the mess around with two systems, White Wolf and D20, and what I've discovered is that AMGC is using a very watered down version of White Wolf. What is White Wolf used on?

Well user, I'm glad you asked.

White Wolf is a system common between three different games, two of them being semi related. World of Darkness, Mage, and Exalted.

I have witnessed a game of Mage, and what I saw was actually quite interesting and would pherhaps be compatible with what is now being used for AMGC.

And what it was, was a system of skills that played into the number of die you had for a specific stat roll. I believe that upon creation, you are given a limited number of skill points to attribute in many places.

While the character sheet presents many, these skills are directly correlated with a stat that the character has, and depending on the action, you get extra die to roll on your stat.

An example of this would be, that a STR mahou has a 3 skill points in weight lifting, therefore removing objects out of the way or breaking things would make her have 3 additional die on her roll.

Not only that, but the DM to these sessions has a flexible threshold of success depending on the difficulty of the task. 5s and 6s could be successes if the task proves to not be something daunting for girls and boys that enhanced with magic to the point of inhumane mastery of a specific attribute.

And with this, I ask all of you for your input.

Side note: Lynnia, Sahara, Avari, Tian, and Ai-n, I miss all of y'all a lot. I really wanted to show off my greatsword loli in Tera to some of you little fucks.

Link us the loli? For research.

And good luck with your plan.

Laeyn, Mt Tyrannas.

Most of the screenshots fuck up this is the only decent one.

Huh, neat.

I know there's a fanon magical girl NWOD splat. I'm sure how good it is but it does seem popular.

I think the magical girl quest World of Lewdness on Anonkun uses NWOD for its mechanics.

meant to say not sure how good it is

Princess the Hopeful?

Why does that city look like a sewer?

Like who, user?

Please don't bring this up unless you have the first fucking clue about the WoD, because you obviously don't.
White Wolf is the game company. They used the Storyteller System in their World of Darkness, which includes games like Vampire: the Masquerade, Werewolf: the Apocalypse and Mage: the Ascension (the subtitle is not optional, as it otherwise causes mixups with the New World of Darkness Mage:the Awakening, also known as "Disney's Atlantis with no balance").
Saying that the World of Darkness is a game is about as accurate as saying that Warhammer is a roleplaying game. There are many roleplaying games in the Warhammer universes, but under that there's Fantasy and 40k, and each of those have multiple games (and on top of that there are the non-roleplaying games and other spinoffs). It could be barely correct if you used the New World of Darkness as an example, which has the core setting as its own game line, but you linked an Ascension character sheet.
You're rather new to all this, right? You're far too enthusiastic about something you have next to no idea about, and you're gushing about a completely fucking simple dice pool system like it's revolutionary. It's like you assume that the creator of AMGC didn't know about the Storytelling System/World of Darkness (both are used, because the WoD uses its distinct versions of the rules and composes most of the Storyteller System games - and still you were wrong), or that people here know less about roleplaying games than someone who still posts like they're on Reddit, uses a tripcode when they don't contribute content and knows little enough about the culture which they're basing their games on that they can brag about playing a Korean game in a thread about Japanese-inspired media.
I'm not trying to rub your face in the dirt, but Jesus Christ you need a wake-up call before you become the laughingstock of the thread.

How's your day in magical girl academy been, Veeky Forums?

As a related side note, AMGC was explicitly designed with Exalted mechanics, not WoD or NWoD. This is because the system that AMGC was meant to be an extension to (Jayne's system) was explicitly an adaptation for Exalted mechanics, and the original developers for AMGC weren't game designers, but storytellers looking to run a couple of campaigns in the short term.

This thread isn't the type for eating people alive, by the way. The majority of us are civil and supportive. Those that aren't are either innocuous enough to ignore or already banned from the IRC.

Dizdee pls go and stay go

Whoever it is is being a bit of a jerk (and he's not DSD, he seems to actually know what he's talking about) but he's not factually wrong as far as I can tell.

Wrong thread to complain about tripcodes, by the way.

The gradual establishment of a benevolent tyranny over the student body.

Uh cool coo mate all I said was that I looked at something that seemed to be compatible in terms of rolling, I didn't use the systems in depth, I just said it was an idea.

>I'm not trying to rub your face in the dirt, but Jesus Christ you need a wake-up call before you become the laughingstock of the thread.

You're cute. You should come by the IRC and tell me more of your expertise user. Truly, you seem to be a true connoisseur of what is an idea for the magical girl system we're trying to improve little by little..

So much for calling me the laughing stock of the thread.

>benevolent tyranny
Be careful your benevolence does not become malevolence, and make sure to give SOME wiggle room IN the rules, not ontop or addition of them. They are Human, but getting more leniency than their flawed existence requires leads to... Unpleasant things.

Do you need a council member, do you even have a council?

The school is largely dead since Lynnia left us.

Post mahous on their day off.

Reminder that this should be fun. And should not be worth stressing over. And yet it is...

ElkQuest continuation never.

Rolled 10, 4, 1, 5, 1, 9, 2, 3, 1, 10, 9 = 55 (11d10)

Oh right, you guys keep losing your bigger members. You have my condolences then, Magical Anons.

Yeah, and as people leave, others also want to leave. It doesn't help that there's a bunch of dumb bullshit drama going on.

Rolled 3, 14, 5, 13, 20, 8, 4, 20, 20, 5, 3, 17 = 132 (12d20)

Post tunes for making a new girl.

youtube.com/watch?v=vCOTWQexTjs

RIP our hopes and dreams.

Rolled 2, 14, 10, 3, 10, 6, 5, 13, 6, 11, 19 = 99 (11d20)

Speaking of...

Been a long time since I rolled MGCYOA.

Let's say..weapon.

Non-canon just like the lewd. This girl doesn't get days off.

Rolled 17, 10, 7, 8, 16, 19, 12, 7, 17, 2, 17 = 132 (11d20)

A death, I think I may of dun run over that poor frilly thing with my car.

Rolled 18, 13, 20, 10, 3, 19, 7, 1, 11, 2, 13 = 117 (11d20)

Contract this time.

It's a good thing that the most toxic members decided to leave. They were forcing players to play the game the way they wanted it. As if they ruled the IRC and CYOA which came way before them.
Don't buy that the community is dying because of that. If anything we are doing better than ever.

Oh, look, nonsensical shitposting about well-liked members yet again.

I wonder which banned moron with a track record of thread shitposting this could possible be this time?

Really now? And who might you be referring to? Unless you mean everyone who has left.
Oh, am I taking the bait?

Yeah, pretty sure this is just more of the same bullshit from the same salty shitposter as before. He never quite got over being called out for being complete scum, the poor little thing.

Don't bother engaging it, it's got nothing to do now but complain about members that were better people and better game designers than it ever was.

>Most toxic members

Yes, the ones that kept giving more and more content that people like you probably drove out.

Die in a ditch, faggot.

Rolled 14, 9, 19, 4, 6, 4, 8, 12, 8, 16, 6 = 106 (11d20)

I did it.
Finally.
Now, bring on the cute girls!

Good work!

Where my MUSCLE MAHOUS at?

muscles aren't cute

You're not cute.

>couch fedora opinions

Rolled 13, 18, 15, 15, 3, 10, 19, 7, 2, 8, 5 = 115 (11d20)

>needing to take days off

What is this comic about?

Being sad and then going on hiatus to leave you even sadder.

Fuck, I enjoy that comic. The hiatus is over, and she's doing a reasonable update schedule.

Magical Girls and whatnot. You're in this thread, so it's probably right up your alley... and you're probably already reading it aren't you? Here's a link either way.

sleeplessdomain.com/

I'm not a weeb. I was just curious if it was based on characters in the IRC or not

It's not.

Not enough sex for it to be based off the IRC.

Lewd is banned!

As it should be~

YOU CAN'T STOP TRUE LOVE

And you don't have to shove it in our faces. Get a room, lovergirl.

>no magical shotas ever finding each other...
kms

YOU FOOL, I HAVE SURPASSED LOVE!

Oh snap...
BUILD-UP INTENSIFYING!

I'm sure it's happened once or twice.

ERP is not allowed in the main channels, but that is not a total lewd ban.

You could say...that it's forbidden love.

Feels like the IRC without Lynn.

We miss you. I miss you. TD

I didn't ask for these feels

Has your mahou ever experienced serious body horror?

>serious body horror
Lotte the broach.

To varying extent.

She's more mental as she realizes her personality's partially been designed to make her what she is and that her soul's a piecemeal mess.

She is the body horror.

Rolled 13, 6, 6, 5, 9, 20, 6, 4, 6, 6 = 81 (10d20)

Welp, time to make a contract. Roll ten is for Patron tables.

>dem hips
Dayum, girl, those are some sweet-ass hips. I could suck on them for days.

Rolled 7, 6, 6, 1, 14, 8, 3, 14, 1, 13, 1 = 74 (11d20)

Nope, but shes making plans on inflicting it in the near future.

Becoming a mahou

Just so I know: Stats increased by coins apply only to transformed magical girl or to civilian too?

Only the former

Otherwise we'd have little girls fully capable of superhuman feats of strength/endurance/precision, which would probably be more than a little odd.

I think Kajiya's more on the end of dealing that out. And too messed up in the head to consider turning her own arm into a toothed, tumorous lump of mass as horror soooooo...

Chisa did get turned into a pile of bugs once. That wasn't fun for her.