So I'm dick deep in creating a scalable "CryptoKitties" which will appropriately be named "CryptoDoges"...

So I'm dick deep in creating a scalable "CryptoKitties" which will appropriately be named "CryptoDoges". Not a complete copy, as this one will have more features, but a copy nonetheless.

Now, I'm not super familiar with which coins have the best coin technology. I believe Litecoin has an infinite blocksize allowing for infinite transactions in a given period right? It's blatantly obvious I will need to choose a coin that can handle heavy traffic.

Which coin has the technology to support a "CryptoKitties".

>inb4 lul user wasting his time with neopets
Says the cuck with no cats.

Also will probably do a thread in a week or twos time and give out some rare doges/other memes/other animals before launch.

need an artist? :-)

If you're going to shitpost, try harder.

Definitely not yet

Actual real post. The Crypto Kitties is open source, so its really easy to rip off their shit.
Plenty of full stack dev experience makes this a breeze.

This is the dumbest fucking meme of 2017. You idiots are going to slow ethereum to a halt over worthless images. Images you can literally copy. It has no value, not even by limited supply, and that’s really saying something in this market.

ill do the logo!

Ark

If you haven't heard, cryptokitties are all the rage right now. Only problem is, the whole thing is responsible for 11% of all transactions on the ethereum network at the moment, which is clogging up the main chain, and as a result, there are an unprecedented number of unconfirmed transactions on the ETH network right now.
Imagine if the game was built on top of Ark. If it used Ark's push button deployable blockchain technology, the game would have its own blockchain and would not clog up the main network. It could even interact with other ark based blockchains, and for that matter, any other blockchain in existence. This would mean that not only would everything run much faster and be more efficient, people wouldn't have to use an Ark based coin to interact with the game at all. Ark would be a better solution to such use cases in almost every single way. ArkVM could be utilised for the game logic, similar to how smart contracts are currently being used.
There could literally be an entire pet series (or a full fledged Pokemon game, as /u/thegreatcattsby suggested below) built on ark that could run simultaneously while also being able to interact with each individual pet type as well as allowing people to play using BTC or ETH. The possibilities are infinite, because the ecosystem is built to be infinitely scalable without losing efficiency.
The more I think about the possibilities, the more excited I get about ark. It's absurd how ridiculously undervalued we are for what we are capable of.

>thinking your virtual coins have more value than pictures of cats lol
try harder, cat cuck

if anyone wants to create anything and post it in the thread i'll probably use it. I dont have time to do the art for a while.

See you at 1 sat

Bahaha thinking there are intelligent investors in ETH. Wew that is too much.

how confident are you to be able to make a completely capable system? what about something like an exchange, where you can use more than just one type of coin?

i could do the art, that's what i do for a living so it wouldn't be garbage. i actually have a ton of ideas that could be a more complex system with microtransactions in coins.

Confident enough. Coding behind big crypto trading seems to be done with API calls to big nodes. I barely have to do anything. Miners do all the work, which is usually where transaction fees come from.

Trying to forge an actual exchange isn't something I'm limited to doing on a technical level. It would just require a lot of time and effort. As of right now, my main concern is recreating a skeleton of Crypto Kitties.

If you have any ideas for exchanges and whatnot, I'm monitoring the thread as I write the code.

I won't be offering any commission for art until I've sunk more time into this project.

:c

Wow, OP if you need testers or people to spread the word, you should start a discord. This will 100% catch on if it is done right. We have to beat other people to the punch tho -- this will become a fad JUST like ICOs man

I can help you develop it if you want any help. Get me a github or discord so I can join in as work dies down a bit during the Xmas season.

NEO would handle it but youd have to get in contact with them to get the smart contracts posted

Professional Game Dev here, will work pro bono in exchange for choice starter pups

And who the fuck mantains that sidechain? I'm by no means an expert, but the way I see it the point of deploying in an already established chain is to let the miners do the work and users pay the costs.

We can make the rare pepe market a reality

Seconding this, start an ICO for ideas and letting ur biz buddies buy this on the ground floor

Create CryptoPepes please I want to trade rare Pepes

Pepes will be included. Without a doubt.

This is the temporary discord since it will probably get destroyed pretty quick. I recommend server mute on join. invite: rYYxw

If it's not on dogecoin I'll be disappointed

Make it on neo. Call it neopets

>lets see how many trademarks I can infringe on simultaneously

Has anyone made an open source cryptokitty front end site?
You don't need to use their site, or marketplace to trade or breed cats.

scam

crypto kitties ends u being worth more than chain link by end of year

Already exists, there is a rare Pepe coin where you buy real rare pepe

Discord invite expired

Can we get a new invite soon? I am interested in getting in on this rare doge game

proof of stake friendo. you dont need the power output of a small continent to keep the network running.

huh, I have to look more into this

Getting sick of you newfags not even knowing that that's already been done with counterparty.

>You idiots are going to slow ethereum to a halt over worthless images.
This is the first thing to truly test any cryptocurrency as a viable platform for real-world dapps. It won't kill Ethereum, it will be the impetus to make it mature and robust enough for real-world use before any other cryptocurrency gets the same chance.

is there another discord invite for this? would love to follow along

checkd

hire this one