The group took a one-off character and turned it into a kingdom by way of adventure

The group took a one-off character and turned it into a kingdom by way of adventure.

I need ideas for what sort of gifts/blessing a slime queen might give.

Immunity to acid damage?
Slime servants?
Land, I guess?
What does she have to give them?

I'm not sure really, I was making it up as they went along. But I don't think it's right to just give them gold or magic items since slimes wouldn't have much use for those, right?

>since slimes wouldn't have much use for those, right?
Which is exactly why they're giving them away

Jars of Slime Queen slime that bestow a temporary (or perhaps permanent) boost to physical stats, cures all poisons, or offers some other sort of boon when consumed.

Lube.

Not sure if magical realm, but a gift from the slime queen might be some of her own goo? Perhaps in her society or to her species, offering a part of oneself is considered a great honor, so she could give some of her own goo to each party member in a bottle or a flask or something. You could attribute buffing or healing effects to that slime, making it potentially an extremely powerful one-use item. The kind of thing the party might save until they square off against the BBEG to give them that extra edge. Something like
>Cures all ailments and recovers all hp
or
>Some huge buff that stacks with pretty much everything

Slime Waifus.

Or Daughterfus.

A little jar of herself that when opened becomes a tiny, but childish version of her that will sit on your shoulder and demand treats.

On the other hand, it has a good chunk of her knowledge and is well learned in the ways of nobility, slimes and noble slimes.

A crude form of healing or perhaps even resurrection.

You let a specially bred servant slime 'digest' your wounded limb/ the dead body, and then they put you back together cell by cell using their funky slime biology powers.

Its super gross, and really slow, but almost free as long as you have access to one of these prized slimes.

So if you lose a hand? Get them to grow you a new one.

Warning: new hand might be a little more... elastic than you are used to. At least until it has had some time to 'set'.

>the slime queen gives away jars of her bodily excretions

Lewd.

Something something Grandfather's Axe.

You know about rock em sock em boppers?
Give those except they're made out of slime.

Lord's right at all weddings in the land.

this honestly makes a lot of sense. "as reward for whatever you did, you may have your pick from the royal repository of stuff reclaimed by our gelatinous cube subjects from would-be invaders. I have no idea what any of it is."

FLAN
L
A
N

Shouldn't slimes be very wealthy? Not many acids can dissolve gold, so while eating people or rocks or whatever they'll accumulate quite the hoard.

technically yes, but if they don't have a concept of wealth, don't value precious metals or just don't care then they might not hold onto all the things they fail to dissolve in the long term.

Giant snail mounts/pack'horses'.

>adventurers stumble on a pile of gold
>start sifting through, picking out the best bits to carry away
>sentient slime slithers up
>stares at them in disgust
>"what are you guys doing with my poop?"

This is the point at which I do two things. One, thoroughly wash the gold, just in case. Two, explain briefly to the slime the concept of exchanging goods and services, then inform her that she shits one of the most valuable goods in existence, which A. means that she can have access to whatever concept of luxury she can concieve of if she trades it, or has someone to do it for her, and B. makes her a very valuable target for literally anyone who desires money. Strike up a deal with her to split the gold with a 25-50% cut to her and act as a combination of broker and bodyguard. Proceed to step 2, "acquire waifu", whenever appropriate.

Doruta

>The group took a one-off character and turned it into a kingdom by way of adventure.

You turned a character into a kingdom?

How large is this slime in question now?

Oh, you.

Story time?

flan for everyone!

the most anime thing imaginable
not sure if I mean this in an offensive way or not

Presumably any sort of social people (that isn't a literal hivemind, anyway) would have some concept of wealth. All it takes is the most basic barter economy -- everybody has certain things they have and certain things they want, and "wealth" at its most fundamental form is simply having lots of things that a lot of people tend to want.

However, it is entirely possible that slimes may not have any desire for shiny minerals.

Seconded

"Things I won't dissolve while carrying them" seems a pretty good foundation for currency though.

Slime familiar?
Fuck yes!