So in your honest opinion, would you play a Maze&Monsters inspired campaign/RPG? Why or why not?

So in your honest opinion, would you play a Maze&Monsters inspired campaign/RPG? Why or why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iI0Vp5aELZg
youtube.com/watch?v=LADLv1803Vw
youtu.be/_H_DlXPhwVU?t=2m53s
youtube.com/watch?v=ap6399XSN8M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School#Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Man, that's a hell of a misleading cover...
youtube.com/watch?v=iI0Vp5aELZg

Also, I don't really get your question, do you mean a campaign based around the metagame M&M or a gurps-style campaign where you play as a demented nerd?

Probably not. Mental Illness: the Game doesn't really appeal to me.

Plus there's only so many times I can kill a Gorvil and then get told it was really a bum

Can't believe nobody has posted this yet...
youtube.com/watch?v=LADLv1803Vw

>Their just TOOO popular!
If only...

youtu.be/_H_DlXPhwVU?t=2m53s
>I will slay the helpless foe... I have no mercy... I AM CHAOTIC NEUTRAL!

That needs to be a meme. It not only summarizes ignorance of alignments, but also is a common That Guyism.

Someone need to make it into a webm...
also...
youtube.com/watch?v=ap6399XSN8M
>LIVE-ACTION-ROLE-PLAYING!!

>dumb ass jumps into a whole to collect jewels.
>gets killed.
>goes on and kills a man.
>with a knife
>As a cleric.
even Tom Hanks can't save you from being a That Guy.

They weren't worshiping Satan. They were worshiping Cthulu the whole fucking time! Which means that dark dungeons is just a heavly homebrewed version of Call of Cthulu!

I'm pretty sure Chick and the like only now role playing as "D&D".
Otherwise them trying to explain games where you play as lawmen, or, Heaven forbid, Christian Crusaders is awkward as hell.

Sadly, these lolcows went obsolete after about 2005. Now the new hot trendy thing to hate among fundies is the NWO and cultural marxism.

>cultural marxism.
I believe the correct term is "Cultural Imperialist", but that may be something else entirely

>Didn't you learn Arabic?
>You needed it to convert the Muslims who didn't realize they were worshiping the moon-god

I remember that Tract...is this hinting at a Chick Tract cinematic universe?

>Chick Tract cinematic universe
THE WORLD NEEDS THIS STUFF ASAP

I don't know, I can't remember.

Nah, those are different terms

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School#Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory

>M&M RPG

you'd need 4+ players and 2 games.

first game is a solo dungeon crawl with 1 player and the DM. this game is played completely straight.

second game is modern-day realism with the other 3 players desperately chasing the 1st player while the DM translates the events of the dungeon crawl game into terrifying real-world consequences. the dungeon crawl fantasy world could change too, with rumors of an insane murderer stalking the land, or maybe the player character has recurring nightmares about the real world, lost memories and missing friends.

any meetings between players would only be in-game, with the 3 real-world players encountering a deranged madman, and the dungeon crawl player encountering what would appear to be reasonable goblins or bandits trying to recruit him.

it would be a tough DM job, but the reveal after both games end would be amazing

Funny thing is that this movie is what got me in to D&D. The movie message flew over my head and I just thought it looked really fun.

It'd be a pretty far out game.

I would play it with my friend Ronnie, but last I heard he went to New York.

Talk about that.
Never seen the movie, but as a kid I picked up the book in my town library. It was mislabeled in the fantasy section and had a generic Frazetta cover (the dark knight one).
It was a pretty WTF experience.

Honestly, if my GM was willing to go through that much trouble with props and shit, it would be a fantastic and amazing game.