Have you ever had a character wear a full-body costume (or fully covering armor) to conceal their identity...

have you ever had a character wear a full-body costume (or fully covering armor) to conceal their identity? how did it go?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WPwxgml0Q3A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes. It concealed their identity.

No because it's impractical and uncomfortable.

I once played in a eastern-fantasy game as a ninja-styled character whom specialized in disguise... however, being able to actually act out the roles actually ended up mattering much much more than the costumes themselves. To be honest, I actually didn't have my character conceal her face most of the time, as it being seen didn't exactly mean much in a low-technology setting where photography and such didn't exist and her physical description was average enough to be like half the population anyway. I DID always use fake names though.

Anyway, yeah... if impersonating a priestess, it was important to know a region's religious myths and histories. If impersonating a oiran, it was important to know how to perform and keep up a conversation about topics like art and culture, ect. The character ended up being based primarily around non-combat skills because of it (and liberal use of poisons when the need to "deal" with someone did arise).

Considering I've played Superhero games, yes yes I have. It went as well as can be expected.
I also did it once when I gave into the urge to be a Skeleton-Paladin.
Ended up pulling a lot of Alphonse Elric stuff, like putting food in the armor to pretend to eat it.

I once played an female assassin who wore a mask and clothing that covered all of her skin, and intentionally deepened her voice, so when the inevitable succubus popped out of the DM's asshole I pulled a Samus on the other players (only the DM and I knew the assassin's gender).
And then because I've been twisted by Veeky Forums I had her fuck the succubus anyway.
It was worth it.

Full plate to hide my spookyness. This counts.

You did well, user.

Muh Scapula

I did that, but with an experimental android.

In retrospect, the magnet crane in the wrecker's yard was an accident (and awkward reveal) waiting to happen.

I play an infiltrator in shadowrun, so yeah. Full-body catsuits are kinda their bread and butter.

This. This so much more than shit-tier "HURR DURR I WEAR BLACK AND STICK TO TEH SHADOWS!" stealth characters.

Which one is the assassin, that's right, you can't fucking tell. That's the point.
It's probably all three of them, but that's NOT the point.

Yes

Well, like I told in a super hero thread long ago not very well, see, my character (in a biological accident) got super hearing (daredevil tier), flight, sonic scream and emotion control as power, so, logically, he decided to name himself Batman and used a full body costume similar to Batman Beyond. Problem was that WB and DC weren't happy with this so they, after they couldn't sue me because nobody knew my secret identity, send villain and mercenary after villain and mercenary after my character.

Game was pretty fun, we also had Musul-man (Dude from Mosul who had explosive powers as he could detonate himself and come back from the ashes) and Sulphur (Totally not Solid Snake with teleport powers). Once we formed team our PR guy almost commits suicide

My shadowrun mage wears a full form fitting body armor (basically an up-armored diving suit), a custom mask, and a coat/suit on every run. In addition he always is projecting an illusion of himself and is using a physical mask to form another illusion of himself. Only reason he doesn't have a holo-projector to make another level is because the bonuses don't stack there. On the astral plane he has another illusion to hide his astral signature which is necessary, seeing how he is a monstrous looking nosferatu who drains metahumans of their essence to survive.
So far none of the party or opposition know. He wants to keep it that way.

Bullshit setting has these wanted fliers all over that have proffesional grade portraits of wanted people, Magicked to never decay from the elements, in every town.
Dm originally did it to try and hand out hooks in an easy "pick your poison" type adventure but we had a sort of "poking fun" conversation between us on how the kingdom somehow has entirely accurate portraits of criminals, that they somehow got ahead of us traveling, and that some have apparently been there for weeks during a rainy season and were still legible. sat there like the 5 stooges talking about how this might be possible and even had to call in a guard who played the "imma simple farmer sir! Don be asking me qweshuns i dunno thu answers too!" Anyone it was just shrugged off as magic.
>my rogue dies due to an undetectable magic trap in an espionage guard office search
>captain knew the place was 80% corrupt but needed proof and if the corrupt guards had any inkling it was the captain his family was forfeit
>second i step through the door after checking for traps three times and it being clear
>trap door opens up thats like 10x10 with me in the center
>fall into acid bath
>roll bad 6 times with 3 do overs each cause DM felt really bad about it
>nope.
>dead.
>well shit i suppose thats how the cookie crumbles
>gives me time to make a character he can shoehorn before the session ends
>a little salty cause at the time i thought it was a bullshit fiat "lulmagic you can't see it" type thing where he actually had a map of the place and traps
>front door was the only one with a DC i couldn't touch cause he assumed i'd be smart and enter in a window or something
>wrack my brain for a bit trying to minmax a character he'll take
>dm has a weakness for "off" characters or those with issues
>make a fighter with social anxiety, agoraphobia, and insomnia

Pretty well, given that by the end of the campaign I had nearly single-handedly reignited the Mandalorian Crusade, driven the Galactic Empire out of a large portion of the Outer Rim, and destroyed Anaxes the Fortress World, gateway to and guardian of the Core Worlds, by bombarding it with wrecked Star Destroyers accelerated to relativistic speeds.

Also I may or may not have killed Darth Vader. It was left intentionally vague.

MAN that was fun. The only time I've ever really been able to play an Evil character.

Forgot to mention: part of the reason for the full body armor was that i knew we'd be doing shady shit and if the guards posted my "visage" all over the country i could just switch helmet styles.
>whole deal was he learned how to fight so none of the bad things in the world could hurt him
>adventuring was an attempt to cure himself
>wore full plate 24/7 with special welds and locked latches so it can't be taken off without work that way he's always "inside" as an adaption to semifunction in the day to day
>insomnia makes him a little more paranoid than he would have been
>dm loves it cause now the party has a comic relief character
>i love it cause i now have an excuse to have armor on 24/7, never sleep so never caught sleeping, and a reason to avoid even slightly sketchy people all while having paranoia make my OC paranoia justifiable
>knew ahead of time what was coming cause dm is the odd type of smile and handshake while he shanks you under the table style DM
>first night with party
>only one awake cause insomnia
>twitchy as fuck and throwing rocks i collected earlier whenever twigs break or a bird caws in between oiling my hinges
>twig snaps for the 80th time
>whip a rock
>hear cursing from multiple people
>scream like howie from benchwarmers when he sees the sun
>wake up the entire party immediately and stave off assassins from the corrupt guard
>now official party bestguy/alarm system and the scream becomes trademark
>lose my voice every other session

>no less than 120 assassination attempts trying to crack my ever improving armor and designs to make it harder to take off or crack
>after killing the BBEG who's idea was totally not stolen from skyrim(vampire who thinks turning off the sun is a good idea)
>TinMan finds a way to cure at least one of his fears
>agoraphobia can't be a thing if you encapsulate the entire planet that way EVERYTHING is inside and there's no scary outside
>bonus: being indoors makes you double inside so you're double safe
>after officially becoming the next BBEG he gets killed in a howie scream filled fight where he eventually dies from drowning
Didn't even give him a physical description beyond being 5' 4" cause the armor NEVER came off. He sort of just shoved soap shavings through the helmet, waded into a river, walked out, jumped around, then rolled on the ground to empty himself before repeating sans soap for bathing.
The only reason we know he's white is the ranger tracked him during a bathroom break where i unlocked the 5 ass plate locks and he caught a glimpse and i just made it up on the spot.

Those aren't assassins, those are my wiv HURK gurgle gurgle

My character wore heavy armor and a mask to conceal horrible scarring from repeated trauma, because he was afraid that he would be seen as inhuman and driven out.

Ironically, going around as a massive hulking armored faceless thing gets you treated like a monster much more readily. He also realized he enjoyed the power that it gave him, and he sort of forgot that his mask wasn't his true face.

Through working with the other PCs, my character learned to adjust back into relative civilization, to live less like a wild barbarian. He stopped wearing the mask, and revealed his true, fleshy face.
Of course, this didn't go as well as they expected, when my character became a crazed zealot dedicated to rule by the strong with an army of loyal jihadists.

I played an autistic vigilante super hero obsessed with local justice in a dark heresy campaign. He wore an armored outfit, a mask, and a utility belt that could rotate different firearms as a quick action. I'm sure the inquisition knew his secret identity, but decided not to expose it to appease his obsession.

I mean, his secret identity was a fat accountant who took care of a few cats, so there wasn't much to expose there.

Pic related.

In one of my campaigns, there was this young, charming playboy wizard professor from the local arcane college, who held extravagant parties at his manor, inviting only beautiful female students. One of the players (a girl IRL) was a member of the school, was hit on by the professor and invited to one of his "clothing optional" parties.

During the course of their adventuring, the PC had heard rumors that this relatively new professor wasn't a wizard at all, but a particularly good con man (this was true; he was a rogur with exceptionally high Bluff and Knowledge: Arcana, but couldn't cast spells, who had somehow "inherited" his "uncle's" manor and wormed his way into the school). She resolved to find out, by attending the party and finding evidence to support this.

Two problems arose: 1) the "wizard" employed several heavily armed minotaurs as guards, 2) they couldn't use illusions for fear of them being seen through and 3) the rest of the party was male.

Her solution: she talked to the wizard and asked if she could bring some of her "girlfriends" to the party, to which he agreed. Then she had the entire party cross-dress: clothes, make-up, perfume...the whole works.

Turns out minotaurs aren't that good at trap detection.

...why would you wear a full body costume JUST to hide your identity when a fucking mask does the job? Normal people aren't Batman who can identify you via a scar on your leg you got when you were 17.

It always fucking fails because nobody trusts somebody hiding their identity.
Which is really inconvenient when you want it to be a reveal that you're some odd race like a mechanical or insectoid one.

>A shapeshifter needing a disguise

>mfw
neat

>Turns out minotaurs aren't that good at trap detection.
I spat out my drink you son of a bitch, 11/10!

I love this trope to death, which is why I used it for the BBEG of (probably) my most successful campaign. In addition to making them more intimidating, it helped conceal the fact that they were a PC from a previous campaign whom everyone thought dead.

Not to conceal their identity, but to protect them in their homeland.
She lived in a forest that was always as dark as night, which had a plethora of plants that secreted terrible contact poisons. Like poison ivy, but worse.

ERP
Ninja-like acrobatic assassin wore a magically-shaded cowl to hide her face. The rest of her costume was essentially a sheer, very form-fitting body stocking. She gets separated from her party when rock trolls tumble boulders down the mountain at them. Finds the only road in the region and makes her way back to the last rest area, a cleared out area near a stream where travelers who brave these wild and lawless lands can pitch a camp.

When she gets there, she finds two dozen bandits picking through the belongings of some travelers they've killed. Already hurt and badly outnumbered, she puts up a fight but is easily overcome. They waste no time and get right to gangraping her, cutting holes in her body stocking as needed. A few times they try to pull back her cowl but it doesn't want to come off as it is magically held and they're too focused on enjoying her body to put much effort into it.

Once she has been violated into submission, one bandit decides it's safe to rape her mouth, threatening to cut her tits off if she bites him. She doesn't have any fight left in her and submits when he pushes her to her knees. He struggles a bit with her cowl but is impatient and just starts face fucking her with it still on. Between thrusts and gags, she tries to plead with him to leave her cowl, but he ignores her entreaties. Midway through he finally manages to pull it back and promptly turns to stone when he looks into her eyes. Unfortunately for her, his huge cock is trapped in her mouth, its bulbous head preventing her from pulling away.

ERP Conclusion
The other bandits freak out at first but then realize they're in no danger as long as they don't walk in front of her. So they rape her in a bent over position, one after another, throughout the night. Some are turned on by the thought of fucking a gorgon and violate her with greater passion than before. Others become more violent and abusive, trying to hurt her for what she did to their friend. She is spanked, whipped and fist fucked. By the time morning comes and the bandits prepare to break camp, she is only half alive.

One of the bandits slides the tip of his sword into her pussy laughing at her muffled pleas to spare her life, but before he can ram it home, the rest of her party launches a surprise attack. Caught with their pants down, the bandits are quickly slaughtered. The party are as surprised as anybody to find out their assassin is a gorgon and without much discussion decide not to free her and to take all her stuff. Wearing gauntlets to avoid being bitten, the warrior carefully pulls a blindfold over her eyes, so that nobody will accidentally be turned to stone. Then everybody rapes her while the priestess, her rival within the party, mocks her and slaps her tits. When she gets too weak, the priestess heals her so the rape can continue.

Once the party is finally through with her, the priestess casts a nourishment spell on her so she won't need to eat or drink and they leave her there for other travelers to find. As the weeks go by, the campsite grows more and more popular and eventually a small merchant settlement is established there to take advantage of the business provided by the nonstop gangbang.

I played the priestess.

That story was not only bad, it also made no sense at all.

You probably just haven't read enough Kierkegaard to understand the subtext.

>He sort of just shoved soap shavings through the helmet, waded into a river, walked out, jumped around, then rolled on the ground to empty himself before repeating sans soap for bathing.
This is the best mental image I've ever had.

>Turns out minotaurs aren't that good at trap detection.
youtube.com/watch?v=WPwxgml0Q3A

My current shadowrun character wears a scramble suit a la A Scanner Darkly because of rampant paranoia. The best part is the rest of the party has no idea that he has never shown his face to the party in almost a year and a half of weekly games, or even that he wears a suit to disguise himself. As an added bonus he has collected a handful of disposable SINs, all with different faces, and cached gear around the sprawl.

I once played a guy in Traveler who would not leave his space suit.

He was old and I always imagined him looking like pic related. Half antiquated cybernetics, half antiquated flesh.

Himself a relic from the less reliable era of space travel and had seen many have accidents and so always concerned that taking off the space suit was a very bad idea.

Ate through a tube. Crapped into easy to clean canisters. He could go for years at a time without taking off that suit and did.

>turns out minotaurs aren't good at trap detection.

You win this thread. Bravo.

Yeah. He's a superhero, it's to be expected. Thing is he's not in a superhero game so it tends to cause weird situations in the game. So anyway, one thing led to another and now he's a talking horse.

Stop it!

You're making me moist.

Cyber-Kinski!?

He was a warforged paladin, passing for human in full plate.

hot

Consider me jealous.

Two of my current characters use this, one more than the other.

Character 1 is mostly skeleton, so he wears a large coat, boots, loose pants, and gloves wherever he goes. He's also got a cap and goggles to conceal most of his head (since he doesn't actually have eyes anymore). He usually avoids being the talker in areas where undead are especially unwelcome.
One time he crit failed on a speech check (we play very campy games in this group so crits go even on skill checks) and was immediately outed. He and the bard almost got thrown out of a castle tied to a massive globe of alchemist's fire.

Character 2 is also undead, but not as obvious. He has to wear a high neck with his shirts or the scar that outs him as a revenant is visible. We don't really know the ramifications of that knowledge being public would be yet, but better safe than sorry.

>Cybered up Street Sammy.
>Grizzled as fuck
>Wears body gear that covers everything, but paints outlandish designs on the helm
>A winking yellow Walmart face smoking dynamite painted in that one-way rear view see through way over a full faced closed visor helmet, for example.
>Basically batman and Robin Hood meshed with Conrad curze
>Get lucky rolls on killing corporate mercs trying to assassinate the party face
>Murder the shit out of them, but fail basic photography checks
>Get lucky on them rolling critical fails on identifying the lunatic
The disguise protects his identity, but he's all the more notorious with the thing on then his already associated identity(still pretty formidable) brings in
If he stopped wearing it he's not get spotted and swarmed by grunts shitting their pants.