So after reading todays story are you team Sorin or team Nahiri?

So after reading todays story are you team Sorin or team Nahiri?

Other urls found in this thread:

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Team sorin for evah
Avacyn must be Revenged

Team Weremilf

Team sorin here!

Team nahiri. Spring is a fucking vampire whose antics have drained the blood from hundreds of thousands of people due to him being the head of a massive clan of bloodsucking vampires.

I'm team Norn

Nahiri is my waifu!

U waifu a shit

Team Sheoldred!

Literally only white people

Team Good-Bad White Person, or Team Bad-Good White Person?

Team Nahiri

Problematic desu senpai.

Hey, they're multicolored.

I'm on team magic creative is too hamfisted for either side to be especially compelling.

the story did give nahiri some much needed justification so she's not just a raging turbo bitch, but this is going to end dumb, at best. my money's on tragically dumb though.

>he supports a corpse

Look at you faggots pretending MtG fluff matters. It's not even going to affect your card choices.

What's the tldr. Or have they drastically improved the writing since BFZ?

>millions of years ago the eldrazi got uncomfortable and nahiri was like "oh shit, ugin, sorin, shit's popping off!"
>but then it wasn't that bad so she fixed it herself
>she goes looking for sorin because wtf dude
>she finds him and he's all arrogant and condescending, like he does
>she tries to kick his ass, almost does because he just finished popping out his angel butt baby
>but then angel buttbaby saves him
>he jams nahiri in the helvault
>she thought he was a dick and needed to be shown that he's not king big nuts of the universe
>he thought she was going to plaster his face across his new shiny silver doom hole
>after helvault broke she went to zendikar
>shit had popped off, for extra reals
>hedron network's borked, ugin's MIA, sorin's a dick
>she decides that means zendikar is already dead, because what is the jacetice league?
>decides she's going to fuck innistrad just as bad as sorin fucked zendikar when he trapped her for like a thousand years

Hatefuck Nahiri

Team Sorin

>Sorin-senpai didn't come to rescue me when the Eldrazi almost broke loose
>Sorin-senpai didn't fall for my tsundere shenanigans when I called him out on it
>Sorin-senpai trapped me inside the Helvault because I was being a bitch
>When the Helvault got destroyed I wen back to Zendikar and Saw Ulamog raping shit
>I got so mad that I decided to destroy Innistrad instead of saving my own plane, letting the Jacetice League to do it on their own.

I feel like they're alright as long as they're not writing Gatewatch. Tamiyo is alright. Nahiri and Sorin are whitesplash so their characters are accentuated by autistic single mindedness. Just don't be too New Walker and you should have some character it seems.

I just want it to be Emrakul so I can be deeply disappointed in Wizards and get on with my life. I feel bad thinking so little of anyone, but it's so goddamn obvious that there's really nothing else it could be.

I just want to be done with Blue's Clues "WHO COULD BE RUINING THE PLANE?" "EMRAKUL!" "That's right, it's a mystery!" "IT'S EMRAKUL!" "Let's go solve the mystery, kids!" "EM. RA. KUL!!"

>Sorin-senpai didn't fall for my tsundere shenanigans when I called him out on it
it's strobgly implied that he thought her attempts to put him in hisnplace was a legit attempt on his life. if anything she was too tsundere.
>I got so mad that I decided to destroy Innistrad instead of saving my own plane, letting the Jacetice League to do it on their own.
she didn't think the eldrazi could be destroyed due to a mix of naivitè and misinformation from ugin, and she rattles off all the reasons why she couldn't possibly reseal the eldrazi.
maybe if she had any experience being a newalker, or Ugin hadn't at that moment been in his time paradox cocoon, or if her last interaction with sorin hadn't been "stfu bitch" or if she weren't thousands of years out of touch with everything this would have been a less reasonable reaction, but she was alone against forces well beyond one walker's ability to deal with and didn't even have a concept of what a walker's abilities were anymore. also she was at least a little mindbroken, let's be honest here.

sesu dempai

they're better at writing characters, certainly (except nissa, can't write her consistently twice in a row) but their storylines could really use more finesse.

Can we please take a moment and be amazed that the kor are so utterly stagnant as a culture that their language is at most dialectally changed after thousands of fucking years, the god names are the same, and even fashion is the fucking same? THOUSANDS OF YEARS. Nothing changing. Even by fantasy standards, that's fucking impressive.

the gods names nahiri only new because she saw them after her dirt nap. the language and fashion have apparently not changed significantly for millions of years.

Well, one can only hope they'll dedicate a bigger budget to the story next time. This ain't yo daddy's Kamigawa I'm afraid.

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

That's dumb, you're dumb.

I guess when you're a global nomadic race you need the common tongue to change as little as possible for ease of communication? I'd attempt to make an argument that linguistic evolution is tied to culture which evolves faster in settlements and cities but I'm not an anthropologist.

Also the language could have changed but walkers have translation powers built in.

That's not how language works. That's not how culture works. That's especially not how fashion works. Two thousand years ago on IVChan, you'd be wearing a robe or a skirt and probably speaking some form of Latin dialect, and think pants and shoes are for grody German barbarians. So Nahiri speaking the same language, let alone being in fashion, is absurd.

The problem was that Nahiri realized that Sorin, after all of this shit she has done and all of the power she has amassed, still saw her as a lesser being and didn't have any respect for her at all.

She looked up to him as a mentor, so finding out how little regard he had for her was just generally sort of hurtful in general. But more important than that is that as long as Sorin doesn't respect her she can't get him to DO shit. Like, for example, actually picking up the phone when she hits the 'Eldrazi alert' button.

So she think that the only way to MAKE Sorin respect her is to beat him in a duel, not realizing that Sorin is feeling especially vulnerable at that point because he just blew his mana making the Helvault/Avacyn and he is legit worried that she might destroy him then and there.

She wasn't totally wrong that Sorin was being a fucktard and needed a reality check, but she came on too strong and Sorin went immediately from 'not worth my time' to 'OH SHIT AVACYN HELP' with no middle ground. And then he locked her in the Helvault for a thousand years.

If Sorin had just let Nahiri cool her heels in the Helvault for a decade or so and then let her out after he had regained his strength, things probably could have been salvaged between them. But the problem was that not only did her lock her up and throw away the key, not only did she only escape because the Helvault was destroyed (if Sorin had let her out willingly it would have been a much different story) but the fact that she was imprisoned lead to the Eldrazi being released and Zendikar being fucked beyond any hope of her being able to fix the situation.

Nahiri pushed too hard, but Sorin is the only who let his arrogance and indifference negate any chance of a peaceful interaction. All he had to do was apologize for missing that phone call, or agree to make a token visit to Zendikar, or bring Nahiri out of time-out early. He did none of these things, and turned Nahiri into an enemy.

>That's not how culture works
pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
Some things never change though.

>Sorin, after all of this shit she has done and all of the power she has amassed, still saw her as a lesser being and didn't have any respect for her at all.
He's a fucking vampire, they're worse than cats. Being stink eyed and disrespected as a lesser being despite years of friendship and the power to wreck their shit is just the cost of doing business with such creatures.

Nahiri apologists are the worst.

Amen

At least Sorinfags admit he's an autistic asshole.

tou're assuming sorin had a key to the helvault. he built it as a prison for planar threats, he probably didn't have a way to open it. one might assume avacyn wouldn't have gotten stuck in it if that were the case. he probably locked nahiri up as a desperate way to get her off his face and that was that. it wasn't time out, it was his last recourse when she wouldn't just leave.

I'm just looking at the situation and the ways it could have been avoided.

The only thing Nahiri could have done to keep the situation from escalating would be to not start it at all, go home and resolve the rest of her existence to a neverending without help or even thanks from anyone else because she got duped thousands of years ago into protecting the multiverse by a couple assholes.

By the time that Avacyn gets involved in the fight, its already too late for Nahiri to back down because Sorin started considering her a legitimate threat to his life. The only thing he is willing to tolerate are 'allies' that he can kill effortlessly should the need arise. Not equals.

Sorin had many more opportunities to prevent the situation from getting worse than Nahiri did, first by provoking her in the first place and then by continuing to escalate the conflict out of pride.

Both are at fault, but Sorin is more at fault than Nahiri is. He didn't even bother to install additional safety measures on Zendikar after taking Nahiri out of the game, which is the height of foolishness since there was no longer anyone there to act as a watchdog.

ROMA
O
M
A

Avafags are worse

>Sorin is more at fault
Fucking die

>Sorin is more at fault than Nahiri
>Nahiri is trying to take revenge on a plane of entire innocent people by proxy instead of going for Sorin himself

Sorin may be at fault for the situation and all that, but for the current state of things, I think Nahiri has fallen so far into the "At fault" pit that Gix just saw her fly down past him.

>The only thing he is willing to tolerate are 'allies' that he can kill effortlessly should the need arise. Not equals.
this does not seem to describe his relationship with Ugin, especially after the dragon told him off like a truant child on tarkir. had nahiri not gotten avacyned or vaulted she probably could have earned his respect and settled things just as she expected.

really it's all avacyn's fault.

Sorin tricked her into dedicating the rest of her existence into making sure her home plane doesn't explode into Eldrazi for the sake the multiverse, broke his promise to help if things got bad, sealed her in what is basically a sensory deprivation chamber for a thousand sanity-eroding years, and in doing so undid her life's work and doomed her home plane and all its people to annihilation. All for what amounts to pride and valuing Innistrad above all else.

Is destroying Innistrad going overboard? Perhaps. But given that shitlist, what would a measured response have been? Just destroying Avacyn doesn't make up for the loss of an entire plane and 6000 years of Nahiri's life.

I think Avacyn reacted appropriately for seeing someone trying to off her dad.

>going overboard? Perhaps
>Killing, hurting, and driving to madness a very, very alrge number of innocent people
>Who had nothing to do with this
>Because "BAAAW, MY PLANE IS GONE AND THIS VAMPIRE IS MEAN"

I dunno.

Buck up. Stop being a pathetic, whining baby.

Take revenge on the person who actually did something to you.

Don't treat entire planes full of people as revenge by proxy tools.

Don't be a huge, cowardly psychopath.

Fuck, make your own Helvault, stuff Sorin in it.

> Nahiri is responsible for the Angels going crazy and forcing Sorin to destroy Avacyn
> Veeky Forums spends multiple threads talking about how satisfying it is going to be for Sorin to murderkill Nahiri in revenge

> Sorin is responsible for locking up Nahiri for a thousand years, the release of the Eldrazi, and the destruction of Zendikar
> Nahiri is supposed to just keep a stiff upper lip and do absolutely nothing at all to seek justice

Double standard much, guys?

That's because Tamiyo and koth don't start $h!+

>Sorin responsible for the release of the Eldrazi and the destruction of Zendikar
Wanna run that one by me again, m8?

I don't see how attempted planecide is justice, seeing as the vast, vast majority of people on innistrad had nothing to do with this.

Pretty sure a retarded elf caused the release of Eldrazi, senpai.

He took Nahiri, the lynchpin of the system whose job it was to fix things if the Hedron network ever started to fail, out of play. If he had not put Nahiri in the Helvault, the Eldrazi would not have been able to be released, and even if they were she was able to put them back in the box as long as the Eye of Ugin was intact.

The Eye of Ugin which was, as it happens, destroyed as a result of Sorin being a secret-keeping untrustworthy fucktard again a thousand years later instead of just telling Nissa what was really going on.

Sorin has had more direct impact on the release of the Eldrazi than even Nicol Bolas. And that's saying something.

I'm team "Wtf Sorin and calm your shit Nahiri"

Fictional white people

To put it in terms that Veeky Forums will understand, Sorin is an Eldar. He has the power and tools to easily keep these problems from becoming problems, but every situation he is involved in becomes worse and eventually spirals out of control into the worst possible outcome as a result of his cryptic secret clubhouse bullshit, pride, and arrogance.

Nissa's super-consistent. It's literally just 'oh' and 'muh ashaya'

I'm on neither team. The story between them has been absolutely retarded.

Also actually fuck everyone who still whines about Avacyn dying. She was just a fucking magical robot with actually no personality, her dying means fucking nothing. You only cared of her because of your shitty weeaboo waifu tendencies.

Chandere plz go

NORNIES GET OUT REEEEEEEEEE

Even if he did, why would he think she's not still full batshit?

Stop being so fucking tasteful and making sense, you'll put WotC out of business.

I've actually read the thing
Sorin is an asshole
Nahiri is an irrational bitch
Going with team asshole

As far as she knows, Sorin still has all his power still.

These are oldwalkers. They see planes as little more than property of individual planeswalkers and any inhabitants are unimportant collateral.

He's partially responsible for Zendikar, so she's going to be responsible for Innistrad. That's a 1:1 trade in her eyes and you can bet your ass that Sorin would do the same thing in the same situation.

Could someone sum up this conflict?

Also is Team Emrakul still an option?

>sitcom tier lack of communication skills with world-altering stakes is good storytelling.
who's paying wotc creative and why haven't they stopped yet?

Team Nahiri.

Sorin is a cunt but that's to be expected with him being fucking black.

Nahiri is an impulsive cunt too but her reasoning for being pissed at Sorin is justified.

Both of them are stupid though and just make things worse.

>Could have been Merit Lage, that would have been alright

The story has been so fucking boring lately that I pretty much try to ignore the lore at this point. Only characters I pay attention to are Jace and my husbando Ajani.

>Sorin is a cunt but that's to be expected with him being fucking black.
Das wacist!

>did give nahiri some much needed justification so she's not just a raging turbo bitch,
really? The moment she attacked, she became a raging turbo bitch to me

see
even shorter version
>nahiri thinks sorin is a pompous ass who duped her for millenia, imprisoned her for a thousand years and left her home plane to die. she's like 50% right.
>sorin thinks nahiri wants him dead. originally he was way off base and just needed to be less of a pompous ass, but now he's 100% right

>He offers Nahiri to go later
>He offers Nahiri the chance to planeswalk away to zendikar again

A millenia-old-vampire offered 2 times a chance to solve things, but at the third time she was lucky of not being vindicated straight up in the ass

>person 1 was an incomprehensibly huge asshole to person 2
>person 1 wants to commit planecide in revenge
I'm down with whoever beats some sense into the two of them.

And amber pools, don't forget amber pools

the reasoning for her initial attack make sense and areprobably correct. sorin doesn't respect much of anything, especially if he thinks he's more powerful than they are. had nahiri beaten him into submission without avacyn's interference he probably would have begrudgingly agreed to go to zendikar and once it became apparent that nahiri didn't want him dead he probably would have at least stopped condescending to her.

>>person 2 wants to commit planecide in revenge
Fix'd. Why is there even a timer on post deletion, anyway?

And? I t does not make nahiri any more in the right because "genocide is her culture!". Even if Sorin would, the big difference is he isn't. She is.

Same reason there is a timer on post creation. Its a limit on how frequently the user can force database calls for the site, a protective measure against people using attack bots to force the site to burn through resources and crash.

Its occasionally inconvenient, but the alternative would be a more vulnerable website.

Get ready for bestgirl Jace :^)

>I'm down with whoever beats some sense into the two of them, as long as it isn't Jace
Fix'd.

Remember what Lilianna said about her run-in with Sorin? After she first came to Innistrad, Sorin dropped in on hurt and engaged her in magic fight to test her power before reaching the conclusion that she was not enough of a threat that he needed to kill her.

Magical duels purely to establish pecking order is just how oldwalkers do business. Lilianna even says its just how things used to be done back in the day, when Planeswalkers were semi-immortal and there generally were no consequences to their actions.

>jace calls nissa in to fix everything

>when Planeswalkers were semi-immortal and didn't have to suffer the consequences to their actions.
fixed

Yeah, that makes her an insane and vindictive bitch. The only difference is that he's an asshole rather than a bitch.

I'm not picking sides personally, just saying that they're both fucking crazy oldwalkers.

There is no need to make this more difficult than it needs be.

We used to only ever get glimpses of Sorin in cards and flavor text, and they all lended themselves into this idea that Sorin, while bored and somewhat selfish, was a fair and "just deserts" kind of guy. I don't like that they have to make him out to be a douche just to make Nahiri seem less horrible of a character.

Well. I can agree on that.

Honestly, fuck oldwalkers in general, they are all cunts.

I still don't think he's that big of a douche. That's just how Nahiri saw him. This story was from her pov, after all. Is he a douche? Yes. But not to the level she perceived.

Fucking this.

So is Team Emrakul annihlating Innistrad still an option? That seems like it would be poetic justice to nahiri's twisted mind?

Not really
>I'm doing this thing. It's obviously pretty huge
>Before I even inquire about the nature of this thing, I'll get you to come with me by demanding respect through combat

But if there's a timer on making posts, and a "can't delete post after X minutes" limit, then how much damage could one do by deleting posts?

Nissa pls go and stay go

We had a similar problem when we saw these events from his PoV in a previous article. The problem isn't that Sorin is not justified in much of what he does, the PROBLEM is that he keeps all that shit as internal monologue and he absolutely disdains the very idea of explaining himself to other people. He is so used to being the hottest shit on his plane that he has convinced himself that its everyone else's responsibility to eat whatever shit he serves up for them and not complain or ask questions.

If Sorin had just said "Oh shit, I forgot to give an exception in my firewall for the Eye of Ugin. It got blocked like everything else. Sorry about that, I'll patch it." Things would have been fine.

Instead he dismissed the mistake out of hand as coldly as possible, apparently dismissing the Eldrazi, all of Nahiri's personal sacrifices to contain them, and even Nahiri herself in the process. Thats a level of insult that Sorin never would have stood for in return, and he felt no remorse for doing so because he really didn't consider Nahiri to be anywhere near his equal.

This is a problem that could have been easily avoided if Sorin was not aloof as fuck and bothered to explain himself or have any kind of tact or social awareness at all.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I just think that Sorin is really bad at explaining himself and Nahiri is REALLY bad at interpreting situations.

except that's not what happened. it was
>yeah that's a thing I made
>okay great, come help me like you said you would.
he wasn't and never implied to nahiri that he was in the middle of something, he was just weakened by the effort of completing it.

So they retconned Zendikar so that Nahiri did it all herself? That's fucking retarded