Would Mouse Guard be a fine game to host to earn first GMing experience?

Would Mouse Guard be a fine game to host to earn first GMing experience?

Yes

Easy system and a nice fairy tale setting you can do a little what you want in. Shouldn't be no problem.

If that's what you're hyped about, sure. And the Mouse Guard setting is pretty fucking baller (idk about the rules), so I can see why you'd be hype for it.

Eh, I wouldn't call the setting "fairy tale."

What in the world is that mouse ever going to do against that owl?
Swing his little poleaxe at it?

he dies

Read the comic and you'll find out.

Also, that ain't no ordinary poleaxe. It's the legendary Black Axe, forged by Farrer out of hatred and grief after losing his family to predators. It has a long and storied history of improbable slayings of the enemies of mousekind.

Well I just started Torchbearer, which is largely the same thing.

As a system, I'd say it's a bit complex for newbies, but not as bad as a lot of alternatives. If you're methodical type or just excited for the setting, go for it.

It's mouse jedi. It's pretty damn fairytale

And it's a great first system

No. Mouse Guard is absolute shit, Its just like Dungeon World with the whole "if you don't role play our way you're doing it wrong" bullshit that us inflexible as fuck and the dev literally supports the badwrongfun meme for his pretentious bullshit game. He insists on making up new rules for already existent game elements just to seem special, and the system is d6 dice pool cancer with nothing to offer besides a mildly interesting background system that could easily be ported into another, better RPG.

I think people like "play this way" games because it helps keep things fresh. Sure you could GM AW/BW based games any way you want, even if it isn't the "intended experience" (or you could GM other games in AW/BW ways), but people go to those games because they want that kind of experience. The prescribed GM style is to help share that experience.

Can you imagine a game of Mouseguard GM'd like PF? Every game has a particular GM style. You don't have to play it that way unless your group wants the experience the author intended.

>le I DONT LIKE THIS GAME SO ITS SHIT!

MG and related games have a few non-intuitive mechanics that make them less than optimal for new GMs.

> le I CANT DEFEND MY SHITTY FANVOYISM SO I WILL JUST AD HOM AGAIN

come up that real argument or fucking kill yourself

two choices

pick one

>d6 dice pool cancer
Holy shit, calm down Sir Sperg-A-Lot.
How about coming up with some suggestions, so we can point and laugh at them?

Mouse Guard, and in tangent Burning Wheel, are excellent games where you want defined characters to roleplay with, where every character is important to the story that is together formed.

GM runs the game, but Players do contribute to the fun as well with their ideas, call ons, and knowledge skills.

Now:

>No. Mouse Guard is absolute shit, Its just like Dungeon World with the whole "if you don't role play our way you're doing it wrong" bullshit that us inflexible as fuck
Care to explain "if you don't role play our way you're doing it wrong"? What way exactly are they enforcing with the system?

>dev literally supports the badwrongfun meme for his pretentious bullshit game
How does he do this? The way I see it, there is no badwrongfun enforcement anywhere.

>He insists on making up new rules for already existent game elements just to seem special
Just to make sure, you are not suggesting that an independent game developer should copy the work of someone else you like?

> system is d6 dice pool cancer
If you don't like dice pools, you don't like dicepools. But d6 is still the most used dice in the world, so I see hardly any reason to hate it on that.

>with nothing to offer besides a mildly interesting background system that could easily be ported into another, better RPG
That RPG would be what?

>That RPG would be what?
Barbarians of lemuria a light rules system perfectly capable of doing mouse guard better.

monster rules that can easily make for predators
Rules (with honor+ìntrigue) to make all characters capable of fighting in despite their atributes.
Staff style: riposte , dirty trick , feint so a sage fight with int and cha.

Careers system instead of separate skills players select 3 careers and have mouse career by default (so all players can burrow themshelves or use their mouse senses).

Advantages disvantages system depending on the city they born and the careers they have taken.

That is what i used and went perfectly.

I don't know how long you've been on here dude, but there's just certain things you don't talk shit about.

Mouse Guard is one of those things.

Always learn something new, gotta check it out.

>It has a long and storied history of improbable slayings of the enemies of mousekind.
Not to mention that the guy wielding it is also a legendary figure in mouse mythology.

>come up that real argument
I like it. That's literally the only argument I need to defend a system: I like it, therefore I use it. If you don't like it, don't use it. It really is that simple.