In the ASOIAF rpg...

In the ASOIAF rpg, would it completely ridiculous to have 17 year old noble bastard girl with fighting and athletics 4 with the massove trait? Explaining her being stronk due to being a proto brienne/clegane?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xvZwYadmgPw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Out of tabletop yes that's stupid

But for a game sure why not

Iirc, one of Robert's female bastards was a fairly large girl, even as a teenager, so I say go for it.
You're keeping her a teenager for stat purposes, I'm guessing?

Well, kinda. If massive battle maidens start popping up everywhere, what's the point of having Brienne be so unique in the setting?

She was described as strong and athletic, mostly because scaling mountains every day was her job. I don't remember her described as large but given her parentage I doubt she was all that dainty.

Still nowhere near Brienne though, who was exceptionally freakish in terms of size.

Considering that the books have their own can ok n sues, I don't see why not.

Asoiaf isn't as gritty/realistic as the fan base would like to pretend.

>can ok
Meant to write "canon sues"

>Would it be completely ridiculous to do something that canonically happened in the setting?
Yes, but that never stopped GRRM. What's the problem?

It's unrealistically edgy, everyone accepts this.

It's a setting with 15ft tall mammoth herders, an 800 foot wall of ice that doesn't fall over, psychic hive-mind trees, 20 year long winters, at least 3 other human sub species, dudes coming back to life after being stabbed in the face and hanged, shadow monsters, fire proof albinos, some sort of monk creating some sort of Frankenstein's Monster and snow monsters despite being lead by ice monsters of at least human intelligence never thought to go around the aforementioned ice wall.

And all this shrivels in comparison to the unlikelihood of someone as breath takingly stupid as asbestos dragon bitch still surviving and having followers despite so many other characters dying for being far less stupid.

So no. I don't think a huge 17 year old girl built like a bear and capable of wrecking shit in battle is too much of a stretch.

youtube.com/watch?v=xvZwYadmgPw

I have no GoT/ASOIAF images so have a random click pic.

Theme mostly, it actually gives me fewer stats to play around with than if i made her a year older. I dumped deception and thievery, so she's probably the worst liar in the seven kingdoms and useless with fine motor skills.

I've been gradually playing around with various ideas and character concepts. Ranging from giant combat autist with every combat related stat at 5-7 but largely unable to function within society, to the jewest jew to ever jew who shits money and has al of the social combat skills, but completely incompetent in any physical activity. Also a massive blind dwarf summersaulting while duel wielding heavy crossbows, because why not.

Eh, I'd say there's a couple people in the books who's main thing is repeated by others. The Mountain is the biggest dude ever, but Sandor, Victarion Greyjoy and I think one or two other cats are also described as being massive and imposing men. Not his size, but still friggin' 'uuuuuge.
Similarly, Brienne may be the biggest woman warrior in Westeros, but the Mormont girls aren't tiny. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few other women running around who were similar to Brienne, she's just 1) the one we follow and 2) from a part of Westeros where a woman taking up arms is strongly frowned on, unlike in Dorne, Bear Island, the lands beyond the wall, and possibly the Iron Islands.
I'd broadly agree that you have to be careful not to completely ape an established character's schtick, but "big woman warrior" isn't Brienne's only important trait, it's just the most noticeable.

>Possibly the Iron Islands

Asha had enough clout as a fighter to be a serious contender for their crown

user, that leads to Sunshine Targaryen, the other, other last Targaryen, who's way better at handling dragons, so much more beautiful and elegant and everyone loves her.

I'd say it is entirely possible, remote in the extreme though. But it is possible, more-so as a bastard. In the books, all the characters are a lot younger than portrayed in the tvshow.

Robb was like 15-16 when he fought in the Battle of the Five Kings.

Daneyrs was 12 or 13 when she was banged rotten by Khal Drogo.

Sansa not much older when her family was destroyed.

Weird, Far-eyed one was 11 or 12? When she escaped to the north after the same.

> Far-eyed one was 11 or 12

I assume you're talking about Arya given Maisie Williams' eyes are kind of far apart.

She was actually nine when the story started.

I don't know how old she is as of Dance with Dragons though. I like the books, but if there's one thing Gurm is pretty bad at it's communicating just how much fucking time has passed. I think something like two or three years by this point.

That art is badass, do you have any more?

Yeah, that's the one. I agree, it can be difficult to keep track of the passage of time. But the point still stands, the characters are far far younger than people typically thing.

musclegirl fetish detected.

Joan of Arc was in her teens, lots of famous female warriors were pretty young. It's rare, but some girls are just beefy. Just have people treat her as an anomaly. Gingers are rare and gingers with blue eyes are even rarer, but it's happened.

Some genetic disorders also give girls excess testosterone, though it usually means she's infertile and never gets her period, and she will probably be pretty hairy.

>Joan of Arc was in her teens
Let's be fair, Jeanne was mostly a leader and symbol, not so much a down-in-the-mud fighter.

Still got burned to death by Frenchies.

No sorry, but i know there's a post apoc hound out there.

>Joan of arc
>warrior

She was literally just a religious cheerleader who spent the whole time shouting and waving a banner before the battle began

It was the English, user.